Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Sylvanas in next patch

Since 9.1 ending I have been still wondering about several main issues concerning with Sylvanas:
    1) Will she back to the living or not?
    2) If not.... Has she lost her power (chains, Banshee mod) ?
    2) Will she join to the alliance or remain imprisoned ?
    3) If she join us , how she will be dressed..... rather not in her undead clothes and maw armour...? Are there any leaks, spoilers ?

Nobody knows. We will find out sometime 2022.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    According to my sources Sylvanas won't be dying anytime soon and her apperance probably won't change.

What are my sources?
    Her nendoroid comes out in april 2022 batch and i doubt they would be releasing it if they were going to off her

10+ Year Old Account
    I think she definitely has her soul back (that’s a given) and it could be that the dreaded redemption arc a lot of people are fearing could in fact be happening, with the catalyst of that arc being her coming back to life.

If not back to life then still “undead” but with a full and complete soul allowing her conscious to start eating away at her for her numerous crimes.

Either way… The Arbiter 3.0 is incoming.

Her soul is restored, so she'll have regained some of her living self. But she is still undead. This was a mental restoration, not physical.

However, she's not alive and should have her original banshee and dark ranger powers. But the anima power she got from the Jailer should be gone.

She's not joining the Alliance or Horde. Even if she can be more remorseful now, she is still responsible for murdering and deceiving so many. No way are you going to get Azeroth on board with her coming back with us. We may cooperate with her to stop the Jailer. But like Illidan, there's no more place for her on Azeroth. I doubt she'll be coming back with us.

I guess they may let her get out of the Maw armor? I doubt it's a priority.

Sylvanus was justified in doing everything she did. Tactical genius. She needs to remove all the softies from the Horde and bring it back to it's primal awesomeness.

Blizzard doesn't kill off their heroes anymore. Varian in Legion was a notable exception. She'll just be put on a bus like Bolvar at the end of Wrath or Illidan at the end of Legion or Kerrigan at the end of SC2 where she stays behind and can be brought back later.

1) I assume she's as "whole" as Arthas felt after we shattered Frostmourne. Still technically undead.
    2) Probably yes on the chains, no on the banshee form. I doubt the Jailer let her keep the powers he gave her, but if she's still a banshee-inhabiting-her-own-body then she'd keep anything that's a banshee power.
    3) Join...to the alliance? You think we want her more than the Horde does? Remain imprisoned, we need to interrogate her!
    4) I imagine she'll keep the Maw transmog for now for simplicity's sake.

My main concern remains that Thrall promised Sylvanas's head as proof "the horde has changed" in Shadows Rising, so either her redemption or the Horde's are off the table, and we get to find out which.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aedruid View Post
    Sylvanus was justified in doing everything she did. Tactical genius. She needs to remove all the softies from the Horde and bring it back to it's primal awesomeness.
    I'd say she failed then. The "softies" (aka the Horde leaders who cared about their people and were not supervillains) are currently in a council in control of the faction, abolishing the Blood Oath and the Warchief position entirely.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

In order.

1. No, she's still undead, just even more monochrome without the red eyes.

2. Probably not. Her chains and overall power were on loan from the Blue Man and as we see from her trying to shoot him they don't work on him. As for whether she's still a banshee for all we know her soul and body are now in sync so she wouldn't be able to do her usual stuff, but this is Blizzard and her powers are a marketable part of her so either she'll keep them or she'll get functionally equivalent ones.

3. Her joining the Alliance would be absolutely hilarious but no(t yet), she's still in off-screen limbo while Blizzard decide how to wrap up this plot within one patch with as little damage on the way out as they can.

4. Let's hope so, while the facial expressions and VA direction are leagues ahead of the smarmy cartoon she was in most of BFA, the actual Maw outfit is aggressively boring and has no elements of her original design. Making a legendary out of some random bow she had in one patch is the nadir of that particular choice. Just put her back in her Legion to BFA outfit, recolour it if you really must.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Aedruid View Post
    for real I like faction war stories.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    1) I assume she's as "whole" as Arthas felt after we shattered Frostmourne. Still technically undead.
    2) Probably yes on the chains, no on the banshee form. I doubt the Jailer let her keep the powers he gave her, but if she's still a banshee-inhabiting-her-own-body then she'd keep anything that's a banshee power.
    3) Join...to the alliance? You think we want her more than the Horde does? Remain imprisoned, we need to interrogate her!
    4) I imagine she'll keep the Maw transmog for now for simplicity's sake.

My main concern remains that Thrall promised Sylvanas's head as proof "the horde has changed" in Shadows Rising, so either her redemption or the Horde's are off the table, and we get to find out which.

- - - Updated - - -

I'd say she failed then. The "softies" (aka the Horde leaders who cared about their people and were not supervillains) are currently in a council in control of the faction, abolishing the Blood Oath and the Warchief position entirely.
    Very good point, she failed to convince the Horde of her cause, which is a failure in itself. I guess we have yet to see how the Jailer did to truly convince Sylvanus to make such bold action, which led her to potentially lose the support of Forsaken.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    In order.

1. No, she's still undead, just even more monochrome without the red eyes.

2. Probably not. Her chains and overall power were on loan from the Blue Man and as we see from her trying to shoot him they don't work on him. As for whether she's still a banshee for all we know her soul and body are now in sync so she wouldn't be able to do her usual stuff, but this is Blizzard and her powers are a marketable part of her so either she'll keep them or she'll get functionally equivalent ones.

3. Her joining the Alliance would be absolutely hilarious but no(t yet), she's still in off-screen limbo while Blizzard decide how to wrap up this plot within one patch with as little damage on the way out as they can.

4. Let's hope so, while the facial expressions and VA direction are leagues ahead of the smarmy cartoon she was in most of BFA, the actual Maw outfit is aggressively boring and has no elements of her original design. Making a legendary out of some random bow she had in one patch is the nadir of that particular choice. Just put her back in her Legion to BFA outfit, recolour it if you really must.
    I know that realism and Warcraft don't mesh, but I'll always be amused at the idea of putting the archer chick in an outfit where she must impale herself with her own pauldron to shoot an arrow. At least her Legion getup was somewhat practical, even if the brown stomach cover was out of place.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    I know that realism and Warcraft don't mesh, but I'll always be amused at the idea of putting the archer chick in an outfit where she must impale herself with her own pauldron to shoot an arrow. At least her Legion getup was somewhat practical, even if the brown stomach cover was out of place.
    Dude, so true

Sylvanas is innocent. Everyone would commit crimes if his/her good soul were taken away. King Anduin will take the decision who joins the alliance when he awakens from "Jailer's dream"....... not you.

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    It's visual storytelling. Her shoulders spike her in the head with every arrow fired, much like her plans do.

I just dislike the outfit as a whole. The whole thing is gray armor on gray skin with only the red eyes for colour, and unlike her prior model only the actual irises are red so there's even less colour to the whole ensemble. On top of that, almost nothing of her previous armor is kept to inform the design. No feathers, no leather, none of the ornamental patterns they use for her previous gear and 'elf' gear in general. It even has less skulls. The Banshee form version for 9.1 is a lot better colour-wise and the eyes are better too but they still should've gone ahead and kept more of her previous visual design with it. Even if the conceit is that it's an intentional departure to show that she's drank the Blue Man's kool-aid, this'd still have been better represented by overlaying the Maw aesthetic over her old set.
    Last edited by Super Dickmann; 2021-09-18 at 05:04 PM.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

The Jailor put Arthas in her as well as herself *dramatic music*
    Shes now a paladin

Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    It's visual storytelling. Her shoulders spike her in the head with every arrow fired, much like her plans do.

I just dislike the outfit as a whole. The whole thing is gray armor on gray skin with only the red eyes for colour, and unlike her prior model only the actual irises are red so there's even less colour to the whole ensemble. On top of that, almost nothing of her previous armor is kept to inform the design. No feathers, no leather, none of the ornamental patterns they use for her previous gear and 'elf' gear in general. It even has less skulls. The Banshee form version for 9.1 is a lot better colour-wise, but they still should've gone ahead and kept more of her previous visual design with it. Even if the conceit is that it's an intentional departure to show that she's drank the Blue Man's kool-aid, this'd still have been better represented by overlaying the Maw aesthetic over her old set.
    Legit LOL'd at the bolded. Good one.

Her being in perma Banshee form would have been better. She's in the afterlife, after all, what use has she for a physical body anymore anyway?

Plus the Maw aesthetic isn't that great in the first place. The only examples of it I like are the Tarragrue, the Plate legendary/raid set and those floating trash mobs with flails in SoD.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

Quote Originally Posted by Rootsbum View Post
    Shes now a paladin
    Just make her a Paladin and leader of the Alliance, that would be great. She's atoned enough by spiking herself in the head with those shoulder pads for every arrow fired, her soul has to be redeemed enough by now.

Quote Originally Posted by Rootsbum View Post
    Shes now a paladin
    It's still less stupid than what will most likely be implemented. Ion sees in every way to be the "that guy GM" who forces his own favorite character who would all totally fuck his Avatar as the guiding narrative.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    According to my sources Sylvanas won't be dying anytime soon and her apperance probably won't change.

What are my sources?
    Her nendoroid comes out in april 2022 batch and i doubt they would be releasing it if they were going to off her
    They made stuff involving Arthas after WotLK, so don't count anything out based on that...