Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tronski View Post
    That is literally my wet dream for WoW, consequences for the asshats that willfully ruins my keys when guild a group isn't an option.

That being said, those asshats wouldn't have had that kind of power if the keys didn't downgrade to begin with. That's also partly what I meant with altering the sources of toxicity.
    M+ is a breeding ground for toxicity and it all comes down to the timer and to a lesser extent the downgrading of keys (which wouldn't be as much of a problem without the timer) like you mentioned.

If Blizzard truly want to combat toxicity they need to design the game in a way that supports that and the first thing to do is remove the timer from m+.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomer View Post
    I wonder if ganking lowbies falls under this?
    I mean the way it currently is, half the time scaling is so buggered, a low level player will own you anyway. But honestly, I don't know. I guess doing it once won't incure something, having a kill-order to spawn camp someone on the classic servers might be a different story though.

Same with the harassment of the devs, I doubt me saying Danuser is hack-fraud writer will incur a penalty (though I know why I don't use any of my ingame names here), but it will be a different story for streamers. I can't wait for the first thin-skinned special snowflake to go a twitter rant about one of them and when the streamer responds the streamer get banned..

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Echo of Soul View Post
    M+ is a breeding ground for toxicity and it all comes down to the timer and to a lesser extent the downgrading of keys (which wouldn't be as much of a problem without the timer) like you mentioned.

If Blizzard truly want to combat toxicity they need to design the game in a way that supports that and the first thing to do is remove the timer from m+.
    The timer is part of the challenge, they can't really remove that, it's integral to the system. The downgrading though is a different story, it's just a punishment for the key holder (besides having to start over), so some twat leaving is just punishing them.

Also: Blizzard still allows afaik that a bunch of assholes can vote-kick you from groups because they didn't like the way you look in match made content, but you, the one who was unjustily kicked gets the deserter buff. That shit is toxic.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

5+ Year Old Account
    I love /ignore account wise that will be implemented in 9.1.5. Goodbye stalkers and abusers. I’m so free soon. Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Sugarcube View Post
    you can remove it... just right-click it and remove from favorite list...
    I couldn't when they added it (it didn't have the right click menu). a couple of days later it disappeared.

10+ Year Old Account
    A. Good.
    B. Lets see how they will actually enforce it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cloudmaker View Post
    I love /ignore account wise that will be implemented in 9.1.5. Goodbye stalkers and abusers. I’m so free soon. Thank you!
    Also true, that was looooooooong overdue. I had one psycho stalking me for a few days creating new characters. It's not only streamer issue.
    Last edited by Gaidax; 2021-09-19 at 09:21 AM.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    A. Good.
    B. Lets see how they will actually enforce it.

- - - Updated - - -

Also true, that was looooooooong overdue. I had one psycho stalking me for a few days creating new characters. It's not only streamer issue.
    I'm not even streaming but it seems my personality is a bit erm.. magnetic. Before, I experienced it quite often now I don't really play that much. Hahaha

10+ Year Old Account
    In truth any kind of content being run by total strangers thrown together for a brief period of time is a breeding ground for toxicity, timers or not. If it wasn't that it would be something else.

That's one reason why this molehill that people are desperately trying to turn into a mountain will be enforced as loosely as the rest of their EULA.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    In truth any kind of content being run by total strangers thrown together for a brief period of time is a breeding ground for toxicity, timers or not. If it wasn't that it would be something else.

That's one reason why this molehill that people are desperately trying to turn into a mountain will be enforced as loosely as the rest of their EULA.
    Then why did it happen less before m+?
    We didn't have this much toxicity in dungeons in Vanilla, TBC or even WOD

No, it comes down to the players being assholes. Blizzard cant do anything about it. Put the responsibility on ourselves would be much easier than Blizzard trying to design everything with the intent of:

"how do we get no toxicity with this".
    "oh I got a solution. If we don't make that content they can't blame us at least!"
    "Good idea, lets wrap it up."

Its just backwards.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Echocho View Post
    Then why did it happen less before m+?
    We didn't have this much toxicity in dungeons in Vanilla, TBC or even WOD
    Yes we did. A lot as well. I dare say even more. And that was in vanilla and TBC, more than WoD.

yes blizz, pls ban the remaining 2m players for wishiwashi reasons.
    killing a dude 12 times in a BG would fall under "disruptive dingdong" aswell.
    or undercutting people in the Ah.

Quote Originally Posted by Forogil View Post
    Harassment, “griefing”, toxic, abusive behavior or chat, conduct intended to unreasonably undermine or disrupt the Game experiences of others, including but not limited by, intentionally/repeatedly killing your in-game character and/or intentionally/repeatedly letting the opposite player/s to kill your in-game character, intentionally/repeatedly hindering your team in any ways, deliberate inactivity or disconnecting.
    So, anyone with internet issues beware. You can be banned now for your internet dropping.
    “You have died of dysentery” – Oregon Trail

Quote Originally Posted by Forogil View Post
    So, "intentionally/repeatedly hindering your team in any ways" may be possibly be used against m+ leavers.
    If ADHD zoomers can get players banned for not going at the speed that they like that's the day the game dies. The MMORPG playerbase is an aging one, they can't be assed with that shit.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    It's the equivalent of 'running down mid' or afk-honor-farming in bgs. It's good they're finally doing something about, it's a pervasive problem that's ruined the bg pug scene.
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

I read these things and think they a probably pretty good thoughts..

But..

How do they actually enforce them is more the problem. Has always been the problem. The company pretty much staffs no where near the number needed to make a meaningful difference so usually you only get ban cycles every quarter to half a year. A lot of damage is done over that time repeatedly and I am sure profits by those that abuse it are only minorly set back as they have farm mills that just re-setup everything almost instantly once certain accounts get banned. Resources are diversified around to clean accounts though AH transfers and sell runs and so on to wash it clean. It is why bot ban waves have always been fairly ineffective in the past.

Toxicity is probably something that a Blizzard report bot can actually identify very easily unless someone is using certain trigger words. So it probably will take a person to actually look at it currently. I just don't see that happening at a company that worries more about who they can let go constantly then who they can hire. So it will probably go on report numbers and so on. Which in turn is abused and turned toxic. So that will also have to be policed or that just becomes the new toxic.

So..

What I see here is a gesture. A company that has had its moral code brought into question (rightfully so) now is trying to rewrite that code with symbolic gestures. I might be wrong but I just really don't think so. If I see more than text being changed I might change my mind on this. I have my doubts though.

Quote Originally Posted by caninepawprints View Post
    So, anyone with internet issues beware. You can be banned now for your internet dropping.
    yeah. the other day I was doing an m+ and was nagging my teammates for not decursing (3 out of 5 had curse removal, none used it), and just before one pull my computer crashed. Took me 3 minutes to get back in the game (some update was pending), and the group had already disbanded - we were well within the timer, but they likely thought I had rage quit. I can only imagine what some overzealous GM would do by looking at the sequence of events (chat + disconnect).

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pfbe View Post
    yeah. the other day I was doing an m+ and was nagging my teammates for not decursing (3 out of 5 had curse removal, none used it), and just before one pull my computer crashed. Took me 3 minutes to get back in the game (some update was pending), and the group had already disbanded - we were well within the timer, but they likely thought I had rage quit. I can only imagine what some overzealous GM would do by looking at the sequence of events (chat + disconnect).
    Provided someone reported you - but with how quick they disbanded I'd wager it'd fall into the DC's-happen-bin as you were relatively quick back online and no clear intent was shown. With no decurses they clearly weren't that invested in the run either.
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

I mean most of this isn't new. About the disconnecting part, they'll probably only look at problematic cases, but don't expect this to be really enforced since it's not legal for them to monitor any kind of internet activity of their users in the EU even if their users agree to it via an updated EULA.

Quote Originally Posted by pfbe View Post
    One could also argue that not decursing falls under the new category of purposely undermining the efforts of the group, so I think you'd be okay with your temporary disconnect - especially since you were back online in three minutes, which indicates it wasn't purposeful. People who disconnect on purpose don't log back on in such a short amount of time.
    “You have died of dysentery” – Oregon Trail

Quote Originally Posted by Empower View Post

I just wanna go back to the internet that had a minuscule barrier of entry before smartphones brought the plebs in on mass.

I long to return to a home that no longer exists and laws have been drafted to ensure it can't...
    Its still there but the behaviour you show yourself is why its dying - you clearly didn't make the effort to jump hurdles to find old style sites or you wouldnt claim its gone. This is the primary reason the old places are dying and centralization marches on- most arent willing to make the effort and hunt down new sites so the old sites lose members and finally close as the majority circles around ~5 sites.

Quote Originally Posted by mbit View Post
    Its still there but the behaviour you show yourself is why its dying - you clearly didn't make the effort to jump hurdles to find old style sites or you wouldnt claim its gone. This is the primary reason the old places are dying and centralization marches on- most arent willing to make the effort and hunt down new sites so the old sites lose members and finally close as the majority circles around ~5 sites.
    I can see how someone that out of the loop can believe that. The old ways are quarantined off and exist in the fringes because they simply can't function anymore. Even with a demand banks refuse to do business with them. It's this blanket stance of arrogance and ignorance that annoys me more then puritans to be honest.

Still best it end here less it becomes political. That or we will head down the build your own internet, bank, and run your own country counter "arguement"