Thread: Tales of Arise

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by kiramon View Post
    I'll always wonder why people like Abyss so much. To me, it's the FF7 of Tales of games (and not in the 'my favorite' way). Even worse, the midway point in the game was totally ridiculous with everyone turning on you-know-who despite finding out they were a clone and still new to the world . It was frustrating to watch their interactions cuz it made no dang sense- they had zero empathy.

Even gameplay wise, it didn't do much for me personally. Anise shines through and the song parts for Tear, but overall.. IDK. Regal was more fun than any character in TotA; heck, Grune was more enjoyable (as a character story and a character) than most things in TotA, though just the other day I was thinking about 'remember when you had to spin the C sticks to increase cast speed' lol.

Anywho, now that I think about it, Tales of Xillia (1, not the tragedy that was 2) is vastly under appreciated in comparison to TotA.

TotA for me was that the world and characters (Luke, Tear, and Jade especially) were super interesting. It also really nailed the villains and had most of them be really cool and well developed. It also probably helped that I played Legendia before that.

It's a lot like FFX, I have no idea why people think that game is good. I hated nearly every second of it other than the GFX and the evolution of the turn based combat (even though it's turn based combat held nothing against some of the better ones of the time).

Re: Xillia. I loved it. The second one would have been great if the MC just didn't exist. I loved getting Gaius and team as playable characters. I also really enjoyed Zestiria and Berseria even though a lot of people didn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    I mean, it's quite good with a pretty serious tone. But if it helps, alphen and shionne are just literally copies of fei and elly from xenogears so they're the most interesting mcs in the series yet
    Yeah I picked up on that pretty early on too, and loved it, especially because XG is the all time favorite of mine.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilyiana View Post
    just hit the 2nd half. what a game, this thing is absolutely spectacular.
    Same here, want to see where it goes.

15+ Year Old Account
    I like to use rinwell as my playable character and recently got the spell thunder field so now she is basically a melee cause that dang spell is so good.

Sig by Elyssia "When you do things right people won't be sure you've done anything at all"

Quote Originally Posted by Shakzor View Post
    One thing so far i could live without, is Rinwells constant "oh Law is so dumb" attitude towards him, but gotta say that the story REALLY ramps up at some point, but luckily wasn't boring beforehand and even 35h later, i still love to see the combo attacks. Especially the ones with Law just seem like pure raw power that you do NOT wanna get hit by, probably due to the REALLY powerful sounding hits they end with.

But one thing i really, REALLY wish it had, was a photomode or way to hide the UI. There are so many gorgeous looking places, yet you gotta make screenshots in cutscenes or live them having the UI in the picture. They went with a... was it pastel? kinda look (not sure what it was called, uncultered art swine), yet no way to actually make screenshots of the scenery without the UI.
    Rinwell annoys the hell out of me with her pessimistic and bigoted attitude. 90% of the time whenever she opens her mouth it's a buzz kill.
    Last edited by Daedius; 2021-09-17 at 05:08 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    Rinwell annoys the hell out of me with her pessimistic and bigoted attitude. 90% of the time whenever she opens her mouth it's a buzz kill.
    >young and naive girl is mad at and has a hard time trusting people that have brutally enslaved their planet for 300 years

Whoaaa
    Last edited by Video Games; 2021-09-17 at 05:20 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    >young and naive girl is mad at and has a hard time trusting people that have brutally enslaved their planet for 300 years

Whoaaa
    It gets worse later in game.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    It gets worse later in game.
    And?

Honestly Rinwell's attitude is entirely justified.

Whoaaa
    Her obsession with Renans in practically any discussions is no less annoying, more so when her own 'kind' (Mages) were also prejudiced by Dahnans.

10+ Year Old Account
    And?
    One of those aliens killed her all villange and she meets her in person. And shit hits the fan.

15+ Year Old Account
    Her obsession with Renans in practically any discussions is no less annoying, more so when her own 'kind' (Mages) were also prejudiced by Dahnans.
    Still not seeing the problem considering her circumstances

I don't have a problem with Rinwell, really, but Law is insufferable. I wish I could boot him out of my party for good.

Quote Originally Posted by xmirrors View Post
    I don't have a problem with Rinwell, really, but Law is insufferable. I wish I could boot him out of my party for good.
    Law isn't annoying at all, in fact it's quite silly how fast he grows out of his edgy teenager phase considering what happens to him. He should of stayed in that phase for most of the entire game, not got over it in a single story arc.

I'm approaching the end of the game and holy crap does it get exposition heavy. I think this is the most I've ever had to sit around listening to explanations in any Tales game. Don't get me wrong it's interesting there is just alot of it.

15+ Year Old Account
    If i can survive disc 2 of xenogears, i can survive anything

10+ Year Old Account
    Me who is doing a sidequest...oh hey look a lvl 60 boss... my party is lvl 38 wtf

Kinda wish quests had a show at what lvl you need to be at least. (it only warns you on bigger world monsters)

But yeah i think i have one owl zone left as i found all other owls. So doing any sidequest i can.

Currently on my merry way to fight the Lord of Waterworld.

Story wise, how far am I into the game?

Currently on my merry way to fight the Lord of Waterworld.

Story wise, how far am I into the game?
    That the 5th lord right? You're basically approaching the halfway point.
    Last edited by everydaygamer; 2021-09-19 at 05:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by everydaygamer View Post
    Neato.

Quote Originally Posted by everydaygamer View Post
    Seriously?

That's neat.

I was a little worried I was reaching the end of the game, since I'm also at that point in the story.

Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    Seriously?

That's neat.

I was a little worried I was reaching the end of the game, since I'm also at that point in the story.
    Well to be fair, there isn't that much gameplay after that point only a few real dungeons and just a shit load of info dump cutscenes that pad it out into being half of the game.