15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Breer says out probably 2 months. If you can get him back early Nov, you still have a shot to use him for the playoff push and playoffs.

NFC East is definitely winnable, even without him I think. Basically only have the Eagles to worry about.
    Week 1is always too soon to predict who will do what in the nfc east. They’ll probably all be starting new qbs week 11.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    I'm not sure if you guys have noticed but sometimes I say things that are kind of dumb
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    I just like reading about the "vigorous rubbing" that might affect ball inflation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ProphetFlume View Post
    Week 1is always too soon to predict who will do what in the nfc east. They’ll probably all be starting new qbs week 11.
    The Giants have an iffy QB and O-line and offensive coaching, no matter how the season plays out.

Washington have lost their starting QB for most if not all season.

I think that basically takes them out of the race by default compared to the Cowboys.

Eagles though? They looked good and their Coach seems to have a clue offensively and the team is typically solid on defense. Will see if that's Week 1 mirage or not.

As to Cowboys themselves, McCarthy showed up with a good plan and good execution on offense for week 1. He's not the greatest coach ever, but he's solid enough to keep this up I think.

Barring more injuries I really think NFC East is the Cowboys' to lose, not in the least cause they probably have the best Quarterback in the division.

10+ Year Old Account
    Having to declare inactives with the current IR rules feels even more silly than before.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Depends on if we keep losing linemen I guess.
    bless Tyron's knees.

Also, fuck the NFL over the stupid 5 game suspension. Should be maybe 1-2 for a missed test, especially since he's apparantly being tested 18 times a month.

Quote Originally Posted by Faltemer View Post
    Maybe Danny runs for another 60 yards before getting tackled by air, that was a real highlight last year.
    Was that only last year? That's such a classic blooper already
    "We must make our choice. We may have democracy, or we may have wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both."
    -Louis Brandeis

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not paying much attention because I'm in a restaurant but I'm seeing a lot of yellow.
    /s

Quote Originally Posted by Gestopft View Post
    Was that only last year? That's such a classic blooper already
    Daniel Jones ends up looking pretty good tonight. Has a 60 yard run where he looks great... and it is called back for a penalty.

NYG getting an offsides penalty on a field on the one person who can't rush the kicker is a new and fun way for a team to lose TNF.

Terry doesn't get nearly enough attention, overshadowed by DK/AJ from his same draft class but he might be just as good. Just never had close to the QBs they've had.
    Last edited by Faltemer; 2021-09-17 at 10:48 PM.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Daniel Jones ends up looking pretty good tonight. Has a 60 yard where he looks great... and it is called back for a penalty.

NYG getting an offsides penalty on a field on the one person who can't rush the kicker is a new and fun way for a team to lose TNF.

Terry doesn't get nearly enough attention, overshadowed by DK/AJ from his same draft class but he might be just as good. Just never had close to the QBs they've had.
    For all the problems swarming around the owner's box in Washington, they really are building this team up well. They've got a good coach, superstars in the making at pass rush and receiver. Whatever QB they end up drafting next year is gonna be dropped into an easy OROY situation.

- - - Updated - - -

Za'Darius Smith headed to IR and immediately the word around sports radio is he wants out of Green Bay too.

Packers' season is circling the drain and its only week 2.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Daniel Jones ends up looking pretty good tonight. Has a 60 yard where he looks great... and it is called back for a penalty.

That was the Giants game to lose mental errors and a fingertip td catch would've likely sealed it up. For once Daniel Jones wasn't the reason they lost lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Za'Darius Smith headed to IR and immediately the word around sports radio is he wants out of Green Bay too.

Packers' season is circling the drain and its only week 2.
    Packers beat out the Saints for a first round bye each of the last two seasons, if we killed them in week 1, GOOD.
    /s

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    For all the problems swarming around the owner's box in Washington, they really are building this team up well. They've got a good coach, superstars in the making at pass rush and receiver. Whatever QB they end up drafting next year is gonna be dropped into an easy OROY situation.
    I agree, especially if Curtis Samuel is back healthy then they will have a good 1-2 punch at WR, RB, and TE. And a not terrible O line.

I agree, especially if Curtis Samuel is back healthy then they will have a good 1-2 punch at WR, RB, and TE. And a not terrible O line.
    Do you think Taylor is the guy for the remainder of the season after how he played last night?

Quote Originally Posted by IsolatedIncident View Post
    Do you think Taylor is the guy for the remainder of the season after how he played last night?
    I think when Fitz comes back they likely use him more. It really depends on how Taylor plays moving forward, cause right now I would say Fitz has a higher ceiling, but if Taylor can flash more of big play potiential no reason to swap back to Fitz when he returns.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by IsolatedIncident View Post
    If Taylor plays like THAT maybe, but there's a reason they brought in Fitz in the first place.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    The Eagles played well, but they have the Falcons to thank. The Falcons made a lot of costly mistakes, mostly fouls, and had some...tough ref calls to make go against them (that intentional grounding call could have gone either way).

But if I had to name a single specific issue, it's the Falcon's front five. Allowing a single sack over the game is completely understandable. Allowing two is...less so, but it's not the end of the world. Allowing two fourth down conversion attempts to fail because of sacks is unforgiveable. And even without the sacks, Ryan just never had time to line up a decent pass. 164 passing yards, three sacks and no interceptions? I don't see how that's the QB's fault. The offensive line failed.

Don't get me wrong, my Eagles played well -- better than expected, actually. The current team has potential, as demonstrated by those two rookie touchdowns. But the Falcons just could not get the ball downfield, no matter what they tried. Maybe they'll have better luck next week.

(checks schedule)

Uh oh.
    True. Props to the Eagles for winning. And I've decided to not watch this weekend.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    I've decided to not watch this weekend.
    I've seen predictions for the Buccs by 10 to 14 points. So, which series are you going to binge instead of watching the damage?

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    I've seen predictions for the Buccs by 10 to 14 points. So, which series are you going to binge instead of watching the damage?
    Maybe watch the other game that is on TV on the other station, do work around the house, or paint wargaming miniatures. I might even go for a walk/jog.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    Packers beat out the Saints for a first round bye each of the last two seasons, if we killed them in week 1, GOOD.
    Jameis threw 5 touchdowns and 0 interceptions last week but is there anyone who thinks hes a changed man and that there isnt a strong chance that someone is going to score a touchdown on every Jameis Winston throw. “Smirk”
    - Vanilla was legitimately bad; we just didn't know any better at the time - SirCowDog

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vestig3 View Post
    Jameis threw 5 touchdowns and 0 interceptions last week but is there anyone who thinks hes a changed man and that there isnt a strong chance that someone is going to score a touchdown on every Jameis Winston throw. “Smirk”
    I mean, the dude was throwing while half blind before. 20-20 vision is huge.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    I mean, the dude was throwing while half blind before. 20-20 vision is huge.
    I convinced my buddy to pick him up on a paid fantasy league for this reason. I think hes gonna go off this season in Paytons offense.... and Michael Thomas ain't even playing yet.