Quote Originally Posted by Dristereau View Post
    Which do we prefer? Purple or Blue? I really like the Alliance specific sets, want to get the hunter set as well
    Being a fan on contrast, I prefer the lieutenant commander's regalia (the blue set) with the regular skin tones and hair. I'm not a fan of the void skin tones or hair with either set to be honest, but especially not the field marshal's regalia (the purple set) since it's harder to see where your skin and hair end and the actual outfit begins due to the pale blue parts of the set. But that's just to my personal tastes. If it looks good to you, then it shouldn't matter what myself or any other person thinks.

When using the void skin tones, the outfit colors that seem to go best (to my eyes at least) are limited to primarily darker purples and blues (especially with a non-blue/purple accent color such as the heritage armor), darker reds and magentas, blacks, desaturated browns (depends on the accent colors though). The void skin tones is such a limited palette that it made it very difficult for me to find transmogs I was happy with. The heritage armor (and anything else in the same color scheme) was one of the few that was perfect. Everything else I tried was hit or miss.

Here were some of my transmog sets prior to the natural skin tones:

The first, second, and fifth outfits were more likely for me to wear because of the contrast they offered (though I did change my hair color to the blue-green tinted hair for the 5th outfit) The 3rd outfit (mage tier3) wasn't awful, but like so many other outfits next to the void skin tones, I felt like I got "lost" in the outfit due to my skin and hair just blending in with it. In other cases like the 6th outfit, the contrast was kind of there, but not as pleasant to view for my eyes, and my hair color in that shot just again made my feel more like the outfit was wearing me rather than the other way around (though I could have swapped to the burgundy hair color to fix that). For me to appreciate the 4th outfit (mooncloth robe), I had to swap to the darkest skin tone to get the contrast I sought and still like the way it looked.
    Last edited by Kyriani; 2021-09-18 at 08:15 PM.

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    Quote Originally Posted by The-Shan View Post
    What better way than to straight up replace it and tear down the ruins? leave nothing left of them

- - - Updated - - -

I didn't read anything about the forsaken evacuating to the ruins of Alterac, not that I dont believe you, I'm just curious on the source

Edit: nevermind! It was a war table mission
    I'm fairly certain war table missions aren't canon, and are filled with noncanon flavor text to make them have substance.

Quote Originally Posted by MyWholeLifeIsThunder View Post
    That's the thing, the problem is that in WoW the term race is just too broad; it's used to describe species, ethnicities and magical/mechanical changes. Even if there were to be a biological component for differentiation for all races (there isn't) it is way too broad to have a meaningful value.

It's just weird that Draenei, Tauren, Night Elf, Blood Elf and Void Elves are all defined as "different races" when the degree separation/distinction between them is so different. It's just not specific enough.

And given all the different groups we call "races", race in WoW is so nebulous that discussions about it just lack nuance, when their main purpose really is just a gameplay thing.

Maybe it would be nicer if we had a more nuanced species and ethnicities subcategorization, but we might as well could just see "race" in WoW as a concept heavily weighted by gaemplay decisions rather than something that makes exclusive sense within the lore, because as it stands, "race" does not require a biological component.

- - - Updated - - -

Also @Kyriani yay! you were able to change your icon!
    Race also means faction. You can see that “the night elves” and “the void elves” is the name for both the race and the faction. Altho we now call those faction night elves Darnassians, most people call them the night elves meaning faction rather than race

I can't wait to do some battlegrounds wearing this:

I'm 100% sure this outfit will trigger some people!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilithvia View Post
    1, it's in core Alliance territory (Especially now that Stromgarde is once again a Human nation in the Alliance and now that the Forsaken have been removed from Gilneas because of the loss of territory during the lead up to the Battle for Lordaeron) and could easily be reinforced by the Dwarves and by Stormwind itself, contains a lot of nature (something Night Elves like), and easily fortified.

2, Alterac is now within clear Alliance territory after Alliance victories in Stromgarde, Gilneas, and Lordaeron.
    Except it's not core Alliance territory (or well Loch Modan is, but it is dwarven territory), it's not the night elven homeland and it is a continent away.

That'd be like saying it'll make sense for the Frostwolves, Forsaken or blood elves to just up and abandon their homes and move to Kalimdor.

3. Gilneas and Stromgarde are not within "easy" reach for what remains of core Forsaken territory (The Plaguelands, as well as eastern Tirisfal Glades)
    Most of Hillsbrad Foothills is still Forsaken territory as is around half of Silverpine Forest, the WPL and Tirisfal are basicly 100% Forsaken territory.

Quote Originally Posted by The-Shan View Post
    I didn't read anything about the forsaken evacuating to the ruins of Alterac, not that I dont believe you, I'm just curious on the source

Edit: nevermind! It was a war table mission
    It is!

I'm fairly certain war table missions aren't canon, and are filled with noncanon flavor text to make them have substance.
    Maybe, maybe not :shrug: Lots of old quests aren't canon either anymore!

Quote Originally Posted by Luck4 View Post
    I can't wait to do some battlegrounds wearing this:

I'm 100% sure this outfit will trigger some people!
    You can count on that. I'm so glad I gathered these old PvP appearances on my priest too. It looks glorious on thalassian model indeed and it will look even better with light hair colors.

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowtwili View Post
    Except it's not core Alliance territory (or well Loch Modan is, but it is dwarven territory), it's not the night elven homeland and it is a continent away.

That'd be like saying it'll make sense for the Frostwolves, Forsaken or blood elves to just up and abandon their homes and move to Kalimdor.
    Seeing as the only other places are druidic holy lands or entirely fel-corrupted, it's the only one that makes sense. You forget that these lands were once a part of the Night Elf empire thousands of years ago.

Most of Hillsbrad Foothills is still Forsaken territory as is around half of Silverpine Forest, the WPL and Tirisfal are basicly 100% Forsaken territory.
    Silverpine and around half of Tirisfal are Alliance territory as a result of the Alliance retaking Gilneas, and attacking Capital City in BFA prepatch. your point about Hillsbrad is valid though, so I'll amend my statement: WPL, Eastern Tirisfal, and Hillsbrad are the only remaining core territories for the Forsaken.

Maybe, maybe not :shrug: Lots of old quests aren't canon either anymore!
    Mission Tables are the one thing that were never canon to be featured as a "major" expansion feature. Sure, you sending people on missions is canon, but the actual missions featured within the tables are not.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ardenaso View Post
    The Wrynns and their High Elf bitches

(also I'm in need of someone who could texture Vereesa's tabard with the Silver Covenant design)
    *The Wrynns and their Elven bitches* Valeera is a Belf.

3+ Year Old Account
    well the word of god says Blood Elves are High Elves so let's keep it for the sake of jest
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

I make Warcraft 3 Reforged HD custom models and I'm also an HD model reviewer.

10+ Year Old Account
    well the word of god says Blood Elves are High Elves so let's keep it for the sake of jest
    That same word of god saying the Alliance would never get blond haired, fair skinned elves ?
    "If you want to play alongside High and Void elves, the Alliance is waiting for you"

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by elbleuet View Post
    That same word of god saying the Alliance would never get blond haired, fair skinned elves ?
    I thought he basically said "the door isn't closed yet" and they were still thinking of it
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

5+ Year Old Account
    I thought he basically said "the door isn't closed yet" and they were still thinking of it
    Nope, that was waaaaaaay after he said we would never get them.

They should give velves the worgen treatment. Two forms one void one not. You're able to custom both and able to be out of combat as either. But in combat you go void. I think that's the best compromise that wouldn't crap on the velve's VOID identity and still keep you helfers happy.

Also I've been thinking about my stance on race/class combos and honestly to pull the ripcords on race restriction and come up with w/e crazy lore to justify it.

My biggest gripe against that was maghar locks and DH's. But then I realized that belf locks can have light eyes so maybe blizz could spin it so that maghar locks meditate hard to not succumb to fel corruption and maghar DH could be the only DH without visible demonic corruption and instead something else to further emphasize their iron will.

So there, somehow make velf pallies to SOMEHOW not implode on themselves.
    Last edited by Varx; 2021-09-20 at 07:27 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Seeing as the only other places are druidic holy lands or entirely fel-corrupted, it's the only one that makes sense. You forget that these lands were once a part of the Night Elf empire thousands of years ago.
    The night elves (again) control Darkshore, Ashenvale, have settled in Hyjal, and the Emerald Circle is in the process of restoring Felwood and the night elves have already proven that as weakened as they are, the Cenarion Circle still has to follow what they want. (As they couldn't oppose the Army of the Black Moon settling in Hyjal).

Silverpine and around half of Tirisfal are Alliance territory as a result of the Alliance retaking Gilneas, and attacking Capital City in BFA prepatch. your point about Hillsbrad is valid though, so I'll amend my statement: WPL, Eastern Tirisfal, and Hillsbrad are the only remaining core territories for the Forsaken.
    You do know the Forsaken still control Tirisfal from west to east, right? They control the entry points, they still have Deathknell, Calston Estate and Cold Heart Manor in the west!

Mission Tables are the one thing that were never canon to be featured as a "major" expansion feature. Sure, you sending people on missions is canon, but the actual missions featured within the tables are not.
    I'll fight you, Blizzard and God for this darnit!

Alleria Windrunner is a void elf.
    Valeera Sanguiner is a blood elf.
    Vereesa Windrunner is a high elf, tho.

3+ Year Old Account
    Nope, that was waaaaaaay after he said we would never get them.
    I see; anyway, if you don't mind me moving the goalpost: Blood Elves are still High Elves

Quote Originally Posted by Varx View Post
    They should give velves the worgen treatment. Two forms one void one not. You're able to custom both and able to be out of combat as either. But in combat you go void. I think that's the best compromise that wouldn't crap on the velve's VOID identity and still keep you helfers happy.

Also I've been thinking about my stance on race/class combos and honestly to pull the ripcords on race restriction and come up with w/e crazy lore to justify it.

My biggest gripe against that was maghar locks and DH's. But then I realized that belf locks can have light eyes so maybe blizz could spin it so that maghar locks meditate hard to not succumb to fel corruption and maghar DH could be the only DH without visible demonic corruption and instead something else to further emphasize their iron will.

So there, somehow make velf pallies to SOMEHOW not implode on themselves.
    Well, undead usually burned when exposed to the Light, yet we've seen several Undead using the Light, most recently Calia Menethil.

As for paladin class, tauren and zandalari are not in fact "real" paladins either. Tauren are sunwalkers, basicaly druids focusing on Light of An'she, who took more militant approach. Zandalari are prelates and they draw their power from Loa, not from the Holy Light or Naaru.

Considering this, Void elf paladins could be similar case, being basicaly "Dark paladin" archetype. They could come back to original Blood Knight concept of bending the Light to their will, possibly with the connection the the Naaru cycle of Light and Void. I can certainly imagine story where Void elves find dying Naaru somewhere in Telogrus and began to use it as a source of their power.

Only thing that matters is if Blizzard will ever want to add Void elf paladins or not. There is lore which can make it possible. Now, I'm not super interested in that option (I'd rather see night elf and kul tiran paladins first), but I'm not saying it's impossible.
    Last edited by Vaedan; 2021-09-21 at 10:32 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaedan View Post
    (I'd rather see night elf and kul tiran paladins first)
    Hear me out!

Gilnean. Worgen. Paladin.

It must happen!

Well, undead usually burned when exposed to the Light, yet we've seen several Undead using the Light, most recently Calia Menethil.

As for paladin class, tauren and zandalari are not in fact "real" paladins either. Tauren are sunwalkers, basicaly druids focusing on Light of An'she, who took more militant approach. Zandalari are prelates and they draw their power from Loa, not from the Holy Light or Naaru.

Considering this, Void elf paladins could be similar case, being basicaly "Dark paladin" archetype. They could come back to original Blood Knight concept of bending the Light to their will, possibly with the connection the the Naaru cycle of Light and Void. I can certainly imagine story where Void elves find dying Naaru somewhere in Telogrus and began to use it as a source of their power.

Only thing that matters is if Blizzard will ever want to add Void elf paladins or not. There is lore which can make it possible. Now, I'm not super interested in that option (I'd rather see night elf and kul tiran paladins first), but I'm not saying it's impossible.
    Calia is not a regular vanilla undead and was raised by the light. Regular Undead priests channel light, causing them great pain, but they're not imbued with it like a paladin is.

Also tauren and zanda are both paladins. Just a different flavor. Like how blood knights are a different flavor. If sunwalkers weren't paladins then they'd be chilling with druids in their order hall and not be contributing to the paladin's forces in legion.

They all use light, despite drawing from different forces.

Velves using light the same way a paladin does is like ragnaros using water magic

Lore that would justify velves would have to be outlandish.

Quote Originally Posted by Varx View Post
    Calia is not a regular vanilla undead and was raised by the light. Regular Undead priests channel light, causing them great pain, but they're not imbued with it like a paladin is.

Also tauren and zanda are both paladins. Just a different flavor. Like how blood knights are a different flavor. If sunwalkers weren't paladins then they'd be chilling with druids in their order hall and not be contributing to the paladin's forces in legion.

They all use light, despite drawing from different forces.

Velves using light the same way a paladin does is like ragnaros using water magic

Lore that would justify velves would have to be outlandish.
    Similarly, void elves could feel great pain while using Light. Void elves exploding or imploding when trying Light is just headcanon, we actually never seen that. Also, we have seen Lightforged (a beings imbued with the Light) being raised as Death Knights. Light and undeath were always strongly opposite, basicaly Light burning down undead effectively. We've not yet seen such effect of the Light on Void based beings. In fact, it appears there is a connection between Light and Void as confirmed in Naaru's lifecycle. Also, Xal'atath calls Naaru beloved siblings when you enter Netherlight Temple. It's not that outlandish.

Sunwalkers were born of a druidic sect which decided to fully embrace Sun to complement traditional Lunar based elven teachings and set balance in the Order. So yes, they are different flavor of a paladin. The point is that they approach Light differently (by more druidic approach), so there is a precedent for Void elves to use Light differently too.

The lore is trash, anyway, might as well go all the way. I'd like to see magh'ar orc paladins, there's at least some lore to justify it, as some of them did convert to light-worship.

Similarly, void elves could feel great pain while using Light. Void elves exploding or imploding when trying Light is just headcanon, we actually never seen that. Also, we have seen Lightforged (a beings imbued with the Light) being raised as Death Knights. Light and undeath were always strongly opposite, basicaly Light burning down undead effectively. We've not yet seen such effect of the Light on Void based beings. In fact, it appears there is a connection between Light and Void as confirmed in Naaru's lifecycle. Also, Xal'atath calls Naaru beloved siblings when you enter Netherlight Temple. It's not that outlandish.

Sunwalkers were born of a druidic sect which decided to fully embrace Sun to complement traditional Lunar based elven teachings and set balance in the Order. So yes, they are different flavor of a paladin. The point is that they approach Light differently (by more druidic approach), so there is a precedent for Void elves to use Light differently too.
    See, I hear you. But the duality of light and void is more of a priest gimmick. Paladin are all about the light and light only. Undead/velf priests only feel pain and not implode since they only channel the light.

As for LFD, DK's are a special kind of undead. I would assume they're a similar case to calia, between being light forged and a DK.

Yeah sure blizz could use the priest gimmick and apply it to velf pallies somehow but theirs a difference between a mortal channeling light and void in harmony and then being of being of pure void becoming imbued with light. But who knows what they can come up with.

It's just outlandish based on current lore.