Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Josuke View Post
    Doing a terror attack is a childish diplonatic move.
    It is not even a diplomatic move. Stop using word you do not understand the weight nor the meaning.

Quote Originally Posted by Specialka View Post
    You really have no clue how diplomatic relations works, don't you ? Recalling an ambassador is pretty strong move in the diplomatic arsenal and it sends a clear signal to the opposing party. It is by far not a childish move.
    I am sure you are a wildly experienced and all knowing participate in these affairs as well. Probably years of experience. Decades of study. Peeling away your small free time from the affairs of international politics and process to visit us here on MMO-Champion and fill us in on the true nature of these things.

You may think it is strong. But I view it as a sissy move. A move someone makes when they really cannot change the course of what is happening in anyway. So instead they frown, grab their ball, run home, jump on the bed, slam their face in the pillow, and cry it out. We will see them in less then 6 months without a care in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Low Hanging Fruit View Post
    I am sure you are a wildly experienced and all knowing participate in these affairs as well. Probably years of experience. Decades of study. Peeling away your small free time from the affairs of international politics and process to visit us here on MMO-Champion and fill us in on the true nature of these things.

You may think it is strong. But I view it as a sissy move. A move someone makes when they really cannot change the course of what is happening in anyway. So instead they frown, grab their ball, run home, jump on the bed, slam their face in the pillow, and cry it out. We will see them in less then 6 months without a care in the world.
    Or you can educate yourself and read books and news article about diplomacy and how it works nowadays.

What sort of education teaches you to not defend state sponsored terrorism?
    The world where we live in and when you do need to dirty your hands when necessary.

Because the french cant handle a handful of kiwi protestors? Pathetic. They spent months denying their involvement and in the end helped the agents who did the bombing literally get away with murder. Inexcusable behaviour.

Are you french, is that why you want to die on this pointless hill? Personally when my country does shitty things I condemn them, it's not hard to not be blinded by nationalism

Honestly if you think some hippies on a boat are worth getting your hands dirty over you have some serious issues.
    The guys that bombed the ship were french agents, obviously they would receive help. What message would that send to all the others ? If you get busted, you are alone? Great way to boost their morale.

I find the bombing justified obviously. The death of the reporter was unfortunate but shit happens. That bombing sent a message with all ONG: "See what happens when you mess with us".

What if that casualty was an American...

Or you can educate yourself and read books and news article about diplomacy and how it works nowadays.
    It's a safe way to pull the ripcord. I respect that.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not terribly sure what France or EU are bitching about. If you don't want to be treated like a junior partner - don't put yourself in position where you effectively are.

US gonna do whatever the fuck it wants? No shit, it does not matter who is in the White House. Some EU leaders need a good reality check on that. If France, EU and so on want to be treated like equals, they need to step up their game instead of just LARPing as a jellyfish in the ocean.

- - - Updated - - -

And yes, Biden's team fudged it up if France story about how they got ambushed checks out.

Recieve help avoiding criminal charges for murder? Who gives a shit about morale, they killed an innocent man.

You find the bombing justified? What the fuck? They killed a man because they were protesting French nuclear imperialism. They committed a terror attack because people didnt want them testing nukes in their backyards. It's a grotesque thing to try to justify.

And how did that work out? Most of the world hates the French for a good reason. What happens when you mess with france is they throw a tantrum and commit terror attacks, what a great image to cultivate.
    I guess you do not go abroad a lot. Each time I went, people were happy to discuss with a French.

And they did not want to kill anyone, they wanted to sink the ship (as it was kinda a symbol at that time). They did not expect someone to go inside to get his stuff.

Can you stop with the hyperbole now because it is kinda childish ?

10+ Year Old Account
    I guess you do not go abroad a lot. Each time I went, people were happy to discuss with a French.

And they did not want to kill anyone, they wanted to sink the ship (as it was kinda a symbol at that time). They did not expect someone to go inside to get his stuff.

Can you stop with the hyperbole now because it is kinda childish ?
    Please... France has its own fair share of bullshit going on like this and many other similar stories going on about their "peacekeeping efforts" - https://www.france24.com/en/20150507...-rape-children

It's same shit different flag color. If US is a big shit, France is a little shit all the same.

- - - Updated - - -

It's ultimately not about who is the bestest most freedomest and wokiest country out there. It's about who has the biggest dick and in between US wheeling out nuclear subs and France not matching it - US is just a better deal as far as Australia is concerned.

Now one thing France has it right (given what they say it's true and not sorta true) - is that US/AU really should have put them in the loop WAY beforehand. All said and done, France is not some banana republic and this bitchslap really hurts national pride even huge lost $$ aside.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Please... France has its own fair share of bullshit going on like this and many other similar stories going on about their "peacekeeping efforts" - https://www.france24.com/en/20150507...-rape-children

It's same shit different flag color. If US is a big shit, France is a little shit all the same.
    Sure, but in the case you linked, it is more individuals doing shitty stuff rather than state sponsored situation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sure, but in the case you linked, it is more individuals doing shitty stuff rather than state sponsored situation.
    France is all too happy to take part in whatever bullshit US does anyway, it's really not a hill you want to die on. Yes, US does all the heavy lifting (and maybe it's part of the reason why they allow themselves to do shit like this thread is about), but France is all too happy to take part in their endeavors.

France is a colonialist power through and through and happily joined most if not all US led wars in last few decades. Claiming some moral superiority is funny, a bit too late for that one.

But overall I'll stop derailing with this shit, I just found claims of moral superiority to be hilarious in case of France.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    France is all too happy to take part in whatever bullshit US does anyway, it's really not a hill you want to die on. Yes, US does all the heavy lifting (and maybe it's part of the reason why they allow themselves to do shit like this thread is about), but France is all too happy to take part in their endeavors.

France is a colonialist power through and through and happily joined most if not all US led wars in last few decades. Claiming some moral superiority is funny, a bit too late for that one.

But overall I'll stop derailing with this shit, I just found claims of moral superiority to be hilarious in case of France.
    You mean like when we said "No, we won't go to Irak with you" ?

10+ Year Old Account
    You mean like when we said "No, we won't go to Irak with you" ?
    It's ok you more than made up for it in Libya and various parts of Africa, bois.

Typical white house degenerates playing their global politics, though they used to be more competent in keeping their "allies" in their sphere of influence.

The French Goverment handled the whole event poorly. One of the French Military Contractors got hacked. They demanded more Money after the Agreement was signed, they failed to meet deadlines and pushed the delivery date back on the Submarines.

Want to know why the Americans moved in so quickly and are willing to share their Submarine, AI Technology with Australia? Because they have interests in the Pacific. They cant have a Important Regional Partner get hurt because the Country of France failed to uphold their side of a Agreement.

Quote Originally Posted by Kotuthan View Post
    The French Goverment handled the whole event poorly. One of the French Military Contractors got hacked. They demanded more Money after the Agreement was signed, they failed to meet deadlines and pushed the delivery date back on the Submarines.

Want to know why the Americans moved in so quickly and are willing to share their Submarine, AI Technology with Australia? Because they have interests in the Pacific. They cant have a Important Regional Partner get hurt because the Country of France failed to uphold their side of a Agreement.
    I mean really you are going with America is more reliable and on budget? have you ever heard of the F-35? or the reputation of any of our contractors when it comes to deadlines (Afghanistan says hi). The French handled it as they should because this whole thing could have been avoided with one timely phone call to the French to allow them to save face.
    Last edited by Draco-Onis; 2021-09-19 at 08:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    Typical white house degenerates playing their global politics, though they used to be more competent in keeping their "allies" in their sphere of influence.
    Umm... Trump is no longer in the White House.
    Which I'm sure is a relief to the GOP as foreign relations used to be their forte.

...used to be.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    I mean really you are going with America is more reliable and on budget? have you ever heard of the F-35? or the reputation of any of our contractors when it comes to deadlines (Afghanistan says hi). The French handled it as they should because this whole thing could have been avoided with one timely phone call to the French to allow them to save face.
    F35 is an excellent plane, we operate it successfully. Pricey but worth the $$.

Other than that, I'd be careful taking overly one-sided stance. For all you may know, the call might have happened and maybe even much earlier than we think. It's just France lost $30 billions USD contract there, it's not an issue of call or not there. It's clear France wants some compensation there.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Umm... Trump is no longer in the White House.
    Which I'm sure is a relief to the GOP as foreign relations used to be their forte.

...used to be.
    *chuckle* "America is back!!"

Hmm...Australia had 'deep and grave' concerns about French submarines' capabilities, PM says

Seeking to explain the sudden U-turn that caused huge anger in Paris, Morrison said that while he understood France's disappointment over the issue, "Australia's national interest comes first."

"It must come first and did come first and Australia's interests are best served by the trilateral partnership I've been able to form with President Biden and Prime Minister Johnson," he said at a news conference on Sunday.

Speaking to the France 2 TV channel on Saturday, French foreign minister Jean-Yves Le Drian said the decision to scrap the deal that had been in the works since 2016 amounted to a "crisis."

"There has been lying, duplicity, a major breach of trust and contempt. This will not do. Things are not going well between us, they're not going well at all," he said.

But Morrison defended the decision on Sunday, saying there had been concerns about the deal with France even before it was canceled.

"We had deep and grave concerns that the capability being delivered by the Attack-class submarine was not going to meet our strategic interests and we had made very clear that we would be making a decision based on our strategic national interest," he said.

Le Drian also criticized the UK for its role in the deal, saying: "Great Britain, there is no need, we know their permanent opportunism, so there is no need to bring our ambassador to explain it to us. In fact, in this matter, Great Britain is a bit of a fifth wheel."

------

It seems the French are mostly pissed at Morrison.