Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Lightbulb Player Choice - Sylvanas's Fate

When thinking on what will happen next with Sylvanas, I had an idea. What if, similar to the Horde choices in BFA, they actually utilized the covenant system for something important:

Ladies and gentlemen, The Arbiter is gone, and a new soul is here requiring judgement and assignment.

Where do you send Sylvanas Windrunner?

Ardenweald:
    Perhaps not the best choice given recent tree-related incidents, but you see potential in her to make up for them by guarding the wilds!

Maldraxxus:
    Sylvanas Windrunner has always been a strong opponent and a powerful necromancer, there's no doubt an ex-banshee queen could find a place for her strength here.

Bastion:
    Oh my goodness, could you imagine someone like Sylvanas with angel wings? But if you're looking for a place to literally start anew and cut all ties with your past, there's no better covenant.

Revendreth:
    Perhaps you think, whole in soul, that Sylvanas deserves a chance for redemption, but there's no sense making it that easy? Come on down to Revendreth Rehabilitation Services, where we have a large selection of torture methods to literally beat the evil out of you.

The Maw:
    For those with no shot at redemption, there's always The Maw. If it's good enough for Arthas, it's good enough for her, right? And hey, you can always use the extra Soul Ash for a backup legendary!

Other:
    I'm eager to see any other ideas people can come up with.
    Last edited by Powerogue; 2021-09-20 at 03:16 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    I would send her to mudmug's place to work as apprentice for next 5 years.

Id send her back in time to Wc3/vanilla wow when she was amazing.

Polymorphed into a bowl of fruit.

Some place where she can never be brought back from or ever mentioned again.

Same with all the characters reintroduced in Shadowlands.

Fucking sick of seeing the same characters for 15 years ago, over and over and over and over and over and over and over again.

Send her to AU Draenor where both her and Yrel the space nazi can rot in obscurity until the end of time

The same place Garrosh went: Nonexistence.

I dont think that she will be imprisoned forever. She will escape ... as always lulz

Can we just send her to a different game?

Barring that, can we turn her into an ash pile?

She was originaly meant to end up in Ardenweald if we can take Vereesa's dream trip into consideration, but after all she did while soul-splitted, it's definitely Revendreth.

I guess she will end up as being new Arbiter or Jailer after we defeat Zovaal to finaly become Sarah Kerrigan of WoW.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaedan View Post
    I guess she will end up as being new Arbiter or Jailer after we defeat Zovaal to finaly become Sarah Kerrigan of WoW.
    Bonus points if she ends up yelling "the shadowlands are free!" in one of those gorgeous HD cinematics
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

5+ Year Old Account
    Maw. Pretty much so. Many innocents ended up there because of her decisions. I don't want her in Bastion. Please, do not put her there. Fragment her soul into stygian embers! We will all profit from this!
    Last edited by Progenitor Aquarius; 2021-09-19 at 10:05 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    This is the only valid option for her. There are too many ways out of the Maw.

That would be more of a mercy.

7+ Year Old Account
    Hanged on Dalaran with several buckets full of fruit to throw at her

But we all knew w how this ends. New arbiter
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

10+ Year Old Account
    Here here!

Quote Originally Posted by Ilyiana View Post
    there's a case for every zone except bastion. she is not going there.

tricky. part of me says revendreth, part of me says ardenweald. i firmly believe that it is true that sylvanas has been heinous since bfa, and has also suffered a shit ton. i feel like more suffering is not the move, even tho these forums have a weird obsession with watching her die horribly but i won't go into the psychology of that right now.

the maw is a no. i know it's predictable and where we all think it's going ms. kerrigan, but she should just become the arbiter. i wish it hadn't been written like this. bfa is still chiefly to blame for the mess we're in. whoever was put back in charge of her in SL is just trying to salvage the remnants of the character from her getting massacred in bfa. it seems like two different people were in charge of the character for sure, and before legion it was also someone else. idk. anyways. pls put her in ardenweald or make her the arbiter. it would actually be so bad for her to just get tortured forever. ik that's what the man drones want but that sends such a wretched message. still not saying that sylvanas' bfa actions are forgivable (theyre not), yet if this is how they're handling the character, dude idk this is not how sylvanas should have been written.
    What message? She has been a shitty person since the start, not just in BfA. She was okay'ing the slaughter of civilians in Vanilla, and even in WC3 when defending her homeland she was kind of a arrogant dick. EIf even as a living person she was a terrible judge of the situation, and she has continually proven to be a terrible judge of people in death, why on earth would you make someone like that the person who judges souls? She has been nothing but wrong about people her entire life.

She should just be dusted into anima. She's beyond redemption but the maw is entirely pointless since it isn't actually secure and can be escaped from, so just permakill her.

Quote Originally Posted by Plehnard View Post
    This is the only valid option for her. There are too many ways out of the Maw.
    I have no idea what you're talking about. Nothing escapes The Maw!(TM)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    When thinking on what will happen next with Sylvanas, I had an idea. What if, similar to the Horde choices in BFA, they actually utilized the covenant system for something important:
    The BFA choice wasn't a choice at all. It had zero impact on the actual story, all it did was change one cutscene for people. It was entirely inconsequential as a whole.

There's no way they'll create concurrent storylines to give everyone an experience based on their choice.

So they'll just pick whatever, and set her on the redemption arc everyone's been predicting; probably an Illidan-esque finale where she sacrifices herself to stop Zovaal or whatever.