Page 13 of 27 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    I did write "Uses a unique skeleton", didn't I?
    Just mentioned how they present a playability problem.

Strip away the bandages from Ethereals, they look a lot more like elves than Brokers, even if the kin-ship have been confirmed (??).
    Broken (Nagrand/Shadowmoon Valley in TBC) doesn't look like Draenei in game. I don't see them share a skeleton.

Does this look like an elf to you?

Broken from Outland use the old Tauren skeleton. They're irrelevant. The Krokul are the ones you should be looking for.

Pretty sure they allied with Kael'thas and Illidan ONLY.. Not with Blood or Night elves as a whole..

Or more correctly, Illidan allied himself with Kael'thas (and the Blood Elves) and Lady Vashj (and the Naga), by giving them the vials. It wasn't (as I understood it) an alliance between Blood Elves and Naga in any way, but like "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" type of situation.
    Before Kael'thas joined Illidan in Outland, Vashj approached him, suggesting to help him with the undead that Garithos tasked him. She pointed out their common ancestry and their hunger for magic. He accepted her offer. Later on, she took Kael'thas to Outland with her to join Illidan.

10+ Year Old Account
    Vrykul and Mogu. Both as neutral races and both at least KT scale, ideally closer to enemy size
    Wrath baby and proud of it

Burly Night Elves, based on Upright Orc and Female Orc. night Elves that properly fit a Druid of the Claw look, with beard options to support it all.

Wildhammer Dwarf. Should be obvious they should be their own race.

Amani Troll. Obvious again.

Mok'nathal, possibly based on Kul Tiran.

Dragonsworn. Dragon race that takes the form of any Humanoid, with a Racial to turn into Dragon as an OoC mount form.

Broken Draenei, though I'm not sure what inverse-leg options would work. Maybe we need a new Horde race to match it up.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    Burly Night Elves, based on Upright Orc and Female Orc. night Elves that properly fit a Druid of the Claw look, with beard options to support it all.

Wildhammer Dwarf. Should be obvious they should be their own race.

Amani Troll. Obvious again.

Mok'nathal, possibly based on Kul Tiran.

Dragonsworn. Dragon race that takes the form of any Humanoid, with a Racial to turn into Dragon as an OoC mount form.

Broken Draenei, though I'm not sure what inverse-leg options would work. Maybe we need a new Horde race to match it up.
    i will always vote against half-ogres as they make no sense in lore and would steal ogre spot for playable race.

Pretty sure broken were considered, but they are ugly, alliance don't play with then, their females would be ugly as hell, and people want cute female models.

burly night elf would be akin to make a burly troll, like the ones we had in wc3, like the amani, it would be more of a customization thing than their own race..

Wildhammer are just another clan of dwarf, not rly their own race, is like sayingf rostwolf orcs are another race.

Always though dragonmaw orcs should be the drakonid/dragonsworn race, as they are already affected by dragon magic anyway, and the outland clan can literally turn themselves into drakonids already.

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    burly night elf would be akin to make a burly troll, like the ones we had in wc3, like the amani, it would be more of a customization thing than their own race..
    Yeah but different body types don't work as options for the same race. Humans can't even choose between thin and fat, they're made into entirely different race options.

Instead of Sylvar and Venthyr for the Alliance and the Horde (because it does not make any sense for these races to leave their duty in Shadowlands), give us Redeemed Satyr for the Alliance and San'layn for the Horde.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by omarxz11 View Post
    1) it shouldn't use skeletons for existed allied races
    As far as I know all races use the same, slightly modified, skeleton anyway so thats kind of an arbitary rule by Blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by omarxz11 View Post
    2) it shouldn't use completely new skeleton such as ethereal for example
    I think Jinyu, Krokul, and Furbolg would be good, unique, Allied Races for the Alliance.

For the Horde, I think Ogre.... would be a good Allied Race!

- - - Updated - - -

Please, no more elves

Quote Originally Posted by Vaedan View Post
    Instead of Sylvar and Venthyr for the Alliance and the Horde (because it does not make any sense for these races to leave their duty in Shadowlands), give us Redeemed Satyr for the Alliance and San'layn for the Horde.
    Redeemed satyr turn back into night elves.

I've always wanted satyr for the horde, but that would seem more like a full race then allied race. Do they use their own skeleton or one from the playable races?

10+ Year Old Account
    Mok'nathal Half Ogres would be awesome I thought for sure we'd get them as an Allied race during or after BFA when Rexxar was updated

Quote Originally Posted by Vaedan View Post
    San'layn were wiped out during the BfA war campaign and they're literally just undead blood elves. you want another Void elf situation?

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    San'layn were wiped out during the BfA war campaign and they're literally just undead blood elves. you want another Void elf situation?
    Void Elves are the most played Allied Race...

Void Elves are the most played Allied Race...
    What I'm saying is do we really need another needlessly palette swapped elf race? San'layn are literally blood elf DKs with red eyes. Even in lore that's what they are.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    What I'm saying is do we really need another needlessly palette swapped elf race? San'layn are literally blood elf DKs with red eyes. Even in lore that's what they are.
    They're more played than Zandalari and Kul Tiran combined.

People are picking palette swaps more than completely new models. Let that sink in.

They're more played than Zandalari and Kul Tiran combined.

People are picking palette swaps more than completely new models. Let that sink in.
    I....do not care? We don't need them because we now have four elf races now and lore-wise, they are JUST blood elf DKs.

I'd like to see thin human pirates on the Horde that use the forsaken skeleton. Since they used the female forsaken to make the male thin human, I figure the opposite could be true too, and the thin human female could use the male forsaken skeleton. They would be members of the Fogsail Freebooters in Kul Tiras that are already allied with the Horde.

For the Alliance, I'd like to see saberon so we have a second use of the worgen skeleton. Only the Alliance saberon will be lions with customizable manes for the males that fit well with Alliance symbolism using lions. They should also have paladins for that full lion king vibe.

With these two, each of the core races will have an allied race finally.

I'd love for Saberons to make an appearance, also kinda hoping for more non-standard character models to start coming in like naga or centaurs since we already had mechagnomes open the door

we need a bunny race now!!!

Quote Originally Posted by FossilFree View Post
    I'd like to see thin human pirates on the Horde that use the forsaken skeleton. Since they used the female forsaken to make the male thin human, I figure the opposite could be true too, and the thin human female could use the male forsaken skeleton. They would be members of the Fogsail Freebooters in Kul Tiras that are already allied with the Horde.

For the Alliance, I'd like to see saberon so we have a second use of the worgen skeleton. Only the Alliance saberon will be lions with customizable manes for the males that fit well with Alliance symbolism using lions. They should also have paladins for that full lion king vibe.

With these two, each of the core races will have an allied race finally.
    They were trying to share skeletons between the factions. Since alliance already have worgen, saberon should go horde.

Honestly can’t believe we never got Broken and I’d still be super pumped for Mok’nathal.

Those are honestly the only ones I’d really care about. Everyone wants ogres but I don’t see the appeal personally (also a race bigger than tauren seems a bit much).
    Naga and some of the other more “unique” ones are probably really unlikely but, blizzard might be in a “break glass” subloss situation at the moment and thus tearing up old rule books.

Saberon. I need to RP some Thunder Cats. Make their leader look like Lion-O.