That should be his slogan tbh.

~TRUMP2024~
    "Because Fuck You"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    And then you have people like Cawthorn, Greene, Boebert, and Gaetz…
    Like with any set of fascists, the "long term" is a never-ending cycle of targeting a group as "undesirable", inflaming sentiments against said group, and then exterminating/expelling them with the full force of the government behind you. Once you succeed, you identify the next "undesirables", and repeat the process. This continues until your government is torn down around you, either by your system collapsing, popular revolt, or external invasion.

Fascism is inherently genocidal by design and intent.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fugus View Post
    The question is are they trying to flat out destroy this nation on their way out the door making sure that the next generation are stuck dealing with the rubble of a collapsed nation while their children and that of the elite flee the sinking ship to other nations with as much as they can carry and attempt to become parasites to their new nation as well?

Or do they plan on doing as much damage as possible while still leaving the next generations SOMETHING to recover from just trying to make them so strapped for resources that they CANT clean up that mess for a few generations later in the hopes of the next few generations trying to go back to their ways of thinking relating all the damage they caused to policies of the people who inherited their mess?
    It's actually uglier.

They define "this nation" based on a fairly narrow set of descriptors, and everyone else is a leech who's hurting the "true patriots". You see exterminating LGBT and Muslim populations as egregious because it attacks core values of the nation, but their "nation" is fundamentally defined as white, Christian, cishet, and hard-right-capitalist. Anyone who does not fit even one of those factors is the enemy, and is on the extermination lists somewhere. They just might not be a priority target over those who tick multiple boxes.

And once they've cleared those lists, they'll move on to the Catholics, the "Continental Europeans", and so on and so forth. The goalposts are always moved, and never cleared.

They're trying to destroy the multicultural, liberal nation that is the USA. To save the Christian, white nationalist "nation" that exists in their heads. This is about establishing Gilead, or whatever dystopian framing you want to pick from. It's a direct attack on the USA and everything it stands for.

So, on the heels of the post I made a few days ago about doctors saying there really aren't many credible medical exemptions for getting vaccinated against COVID, there's this:

Texas megachurch preacher and Trump devotee says there is no 'credible religious argument' against COVID-19 vaccines

So, looks like anti-vaxxers two favorite arguments have just been dismantled. This is in conjunction with Greek Orthodox, Evangelical Lutheran, LDS, and Roman Catholics all telling people to just get the fucking jab already.

Of course, there's always that guy in Tulsa who said he'd sign exemption letters for those who donated to his church. Something, something, money changers...

10+ Year Old Account
    Don’t forget the chiropractor signing medical exemptions despite no medical degree!
    I would love to see when that was questioned.

"Mr. Employee, you were required to get the vaccine."
    "This note from my chiropractor says I can't."
    "The needle doesn't go in your spine, idiot."

10+ Year Old Account
    The fencing around the Capitol is already being removed. Probably has something to do with the fact that, without Trump, Gaetz, Greene or even a Miller, the rally had as much force behind it as a fun-size Twix dropped from six inches.

To cover the shame of their objective failure, Trump said in public that the entire crowd was undercover feds. Normally I'd say Trump mocking his own fans by calling them narcs was foolish, but let's face it, Trump can probably survive losing those 400 fans loyal enough to show up.

Take it with a grain of salt because I'm a nameless nobody, but from firsthand knowledge this isn't how real undercover cops work. They don't just put on criminal clothing and hang out, waiting for random strangers to come up to them and do criminal stuff. They infiltrate the organization they're trying to bust. As such, real undercover cops would have known from those groups there was going to be no attendance.

Or, I guess you could say "Trump thinks cops are stupid".

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    The fencing around the Capitol is already being removed. Probably has something to do with the fact that, without Trump, Gaetz, Greene or even a Miller, the rally had as much force behind it as a fun-size Twix dropped from six inches.

To cover the shame of their objective failure, Trump said in public that the entire crowd was undercover feds. Normally I'd say Trump mocking his own fans by calling them narcs was foolish, but let's face it, Trump can probably survive losing those 400 fans loyal enough to show up.

Take it with a grain of salt because I'm a nameless nobody, but from firsthand knowledge this isn't how real undercover cops work. They don't just put on criminal clothing and hang out, waiting for random strangers to come up to them and do criminal stuff. They infiltrate the organization they're trying to bust. As such, real undercover cops would have known from those groups there was going to be no attendance.

Or, I guess you could say "Trump thinks cops are stupid".
    Trump Jr also thought they were undercover FBI as well. https://www.businessinsider.com/dona...6-rally-2021-9

What would Jr know though? He is probably so hopped up on coke that he wouldn't know.

Quote Originally Posted by postman1782 View Post
    Trump Jr also thought they were undercover FBI as well. https://www.businessinsider.com/dona...6-rally-2021-9

What would Jr know though? He is probably so hopped up on coke that he wouldn't know.
    You know, the single regret I have with the "R-word" falling out of fashion in the wake of progressive thoughts on being more mindful towards the feelings of others is that it so perfectly describes Trump Jr. and his ilk.

Looks like Fox News' graphics guy finally got something right. And it is 100% right, especially since he literally admitted to lying, and people still believe him.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    You know, the single regret I have with the "R-word" falling out of fashion in the wake of progressive thoughts on being more mindful towards the feelings of others is that it so perfectly describes Trump Jr. and his ilk.
    Oh, 100%, I call people moronic all day on Tiktok for spreading blatant misinformation, like these morons are still spreading that the Pfizer shot isn't approved, simply because it was named after getting FDA approval, or that the vaccinated people are going to die in 2 years, or that the vaccine causes infertility, or that the January 6th insurrectionists weren't traitors to this country.

Wait wait wait, is he really claiming our boy Davey was a fed?

Holy fuck he's an idiot lol
    Benggaul is right.

30 Helens Agree.

10+ Year Old Account
    Looks like Fox News' graphics guy finally got something right. And it is 100% right, especially since he literally admitted to lying, and people still believe him.
    I thought for sure this was photoshopped, but narp.

TheWrap: Tucker Carlson Roasted for ‘Man is a Danger to the Country’ On-Air Graphic

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, 100%, I call people moronic all day on Tiktok for spreading blatant misinformation, like these morons are still spreading that the Pfizer shot isn't approved, simply because it was named after getting FDA approval, or that the vaccinated people are going to die in 2 years, or that the vaccine causes infertility, or that the January 6th insurrectionists weren't traitors to this country.
    Saw this on TYT but just as a screenshot makes this even more funny, knowing that this is real.
    Plus Carlson has this resting doofus face, you can't make this shit up.

Sometimes drinking coffee infront of a monitor and a keyboard isn't a good idea. Thanks for that.

Wow, wonder which bot is getting btfo’d this time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yet more info from the new book about the final days of Trump in the White House.

So Trump had lost the election fairly and was throwing a temper tantrum saying he didn't which, near as I can tell, extends even to today. But on Jan 2, he had a meeting with at least Sen. Graham but not his wife who was (cough) indisposed. Giuliani and Meadows gave Graham their "evidence" and, kind of consistent with his tone overall, Graham rejected it as something a third grader might say. Mostly because what they said at the time was "fraud fraud fraud, there was fraud, fraud fraud, Trump won because fraud" which isn't exactly a compelling argument.

Give me some names. You need to put it in writing. You need to show me the evidence.
    Giuliani eventually did provide the same level of evidence we've come to expect from Trump's crack team, basically, TikTok videos of people saying they saw Elvis vote. Graham, again relatively consistent, told them to give the evidence to the SJC head lawyer who (a) was more equipped to deal with this and (b) was not Graham so Graham could be done with this shit.

Naturally, the SJC's head lawyer summarily handwaved it. They were not just inconsistent and unpersuasive on their face, they were also written far more sloppily and unprofessionally than you'd think the lawyer of a billionaire...well he claims he is...would write, let alone their political origin.

Incidentally, while Graham has yet to confirm the book's portrayal of his actions, on Jan 3 he said the following with regard to any SJC action on the matter:

They will need to provide proof of the charges they are making. They will also need to provide clear and convincing evidence that the failure to act – in both the state and federal courts and the states legislatures which investigated these claims – was made in error. They will also need to show that the failure to take corrective action in addressing election fraud changed the outcome of these states’ votes and ultimately the outcome of the election.

My colleagues will have the opportunity to make this case, and I will listen closely. But they have a high bar to clear.
    He might have said "high Barr to clear", actually. To the best of my knowledge, no SJC official motion ever came to fruition. Ted Cruz called for a special "throw out the election" committee to audit the vote over ten days until they found something they could use, but I don't believe anything remotely official was ever done other than Cruz waving his tiny dick out the window for everyone to point and laugh.

Graham gave Trump every chance for over four years. It's shameful, even tragic, that it took a murderous insurrection to cross the line. And it would be comforting if more classic Republicans acted in public they way they did in private, including saying "this is stupid, I'm not doing it" when it is rather than pull a RNCC and just say "we pledge to do whatever Trump wants".

I expect Trump to have a meltdown when he learns that Graham, oh golly gosh, followed protocol rather than blind obedience to Trump. Incidentally, while looking for a citation for that I instead found the article title "Trump Offered Kelly FBI Head If He Pledged Loyalty: Report" and that tops any joke I could have made on the matter anyhow.

- - - Updated - - -

Weaselberg says more indictments for tax fraud are on the way.

10+ Year Old Account
    I’m pretty sure it was Eric crying about constantly being served daily subpoenas this past week. More indictments wouldn’t be shocking.
    I mean, it's hard to see the headline Eric Trump melts down on Fox News because he's getting 'subpoena after subpoena after subpoena' and not draw that conclusion. But Weaselberg's lawyer basically said it under oath.

EDIT: I want to add to that. The Trump family has made it a career to sue other people into submission, or to block lawsuits against them, so they don't have to pay their contractual obligations. NYState doesn't play that shit. Even if Trump was as strong as they think they are, which they're not, but even if they were, they could not stop a NYState criminal investigation through their legal team. Basically, they brought piercing weapons and cold spells to fight skeletons, now they're whining to the DM that they're runing out of hp and spell slots.
    Last edited by Breccia; 2021-09-20 at 04:59 PM.

Your assumption is incorrect because I didn't quote the entire article. The family tried calling hospitals with ECMO machines. Sorry for the confusion.
    Aren't ECMOs like, super expensive compared to regular ventilators?
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

I keep seeing "ECTO" here...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thepersona View Post
    Aren't ECMOs like, super expensive compared to regular ventilators?
    Yes, because they're ridiculously complicated. As pointed out earlier:

Quote Originally Posted by Forogil View Post
    I would assume that most of the hospitals said no for the obvious reason that they don't have an ECMO machine.
    Incidentally that citation appears to be this WaPo article from April 2020 which, yeah, that was some rough shit. They said 264 hospitals have them. Maybe more hospitals have them, but not like 10x as many.

These things don't just shove air down your throat (oversimplification I know) they remove the blood from your body and add oxygen cell by cell. They're amazing. But they're expensive. In 2014 they cost about $550,000.

"Wow, that's an expensive machine!"

Um...no. That's the cost to be put on one. These things are super advanced and require round-the-clock care by experienced, trained technicians. It's such a niche skill that finding a technician might be more difficult than finding the machine -- like, where would they train?

Respirators, by contrast, are everywhere. Obama left Trump a bunch in reserve, Trump said he didn't but Trump lied of course. And they're a pretty basic machine in comparison...hell, anything short of a nuclear sub is...so finding them is far simpler, and training on them is nearly mandatory.

Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    Nope, 100% happened live on air.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    Sometimes drinking coffee infront of a monitor and a keyboard isn't a good idea. Thanks for that.
    You are welcome.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ati87 View Post
    Saw this on TYT but just as a screenshot makes this even more funny, knowing that this is real.
    Plus Carlson has this resting doofus face, you can't make this shit up.
    He always has that face, because he knows that he is lying all of the time. He even admitted to it, and people are still stupid enough to believe him.

Incidentally that citation appears to be this WaPo article from April 2020 which, yeah, that was some rough shit. They said 264 hospitals have them. Maybe more hospitals have them, but not like 10x as many.
    Sort of, I got it from WikiPedia - and that WaPo article cited USAToday, https://eu.usatoday.com/story/news/h...rt/1439787001/ that got their data from ELSO; that currently lists 7-8 hospitals in Florida. (So it all checks out, but they surely don't make it easy to find the facts.)

And it also indicates the slow growth by saying that the numbers had doubled - compared to 2008.