Thread: New player

New player

Hi guys,

Just started playing Hearthstone and rather enjoying it.

What would be the best deck to start focusing on while getting used to the game?

And the fastest way to earn cards?

Thx in advance.

fastest way is gold from daily quests...

but I'd get out while you still haven't dumped money into the game. It's expensive, but once you're addicted you have no choice but to pay up

Quote Originally Posted by AryuFate View Post
    fastest way is gold from daily quests...

but I'd get out while you still haven't dumped money into the game. It's expensive, but once you're addicted you have no choice but to pay up
    I've spent money on one adventure mode... karazhan I think it was, way back when. It's not that hard to get enough dust to craft a deck. It just takes time.

My main advice would be try not to rush into your favorite deck, but base decks around the cards you currently own, and eventually you'll get enough dust to craft the cards you want for a new deck. I tend to go one expansion without crafting anything, and then the next one I have enough to craft a deck with new cards.
    MY X/Y POKEMON FRIEND CODE: 1418-7279-9541 In Game Name: Michael__

Quote Originally Posted by Symphonic View Post
    I've spent money on one adventure mode... karazhan I think it was, way back when. It's not that hard to get enough dust to craft a deck. It just takes time.

My main advice would be try not to rush into your favorite deck, but base decks around the cards you currently own, and eventually you'll get enough dust to craft the cards you want for a new deck. I tend to go one expansion without crafting anything, and then the next one I have enough to craft a deck with new cards.
    Well yeah, if you want to build one deck, it's not that expensive. But it's boring.

Quote Originally Posted by AryuFate View Post
    Well yeah, if you want to build one deck, it's not that expensive. But it's boring.
    I dunno. I find myself enjoying battlegrounds the most. I have a deck that I make that I enjoy playing ranked standard, and then I have battlegrounds, and that's plenty of content for me. Again, it's just my opinion - I don't need a lot of decks, nor even one per class, I like playing priest and so that's generally the deck I make each season.
    MY X/Y POKEMON FRIEND CODE: 1418-7279-9541 In Game Name: Michael__

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Symphonic View Post
    I dunno. I find myself enjoying battlegrounds the most. I have a deck that I make that I enjoy playing ranked standard, and then I have battlegrounds, and that's plenty of content for me. Again, it's just my opinion - I don't need a lot of decks, nor even one per class, I like playing priest and so that's generally the deck I make each season.
    I def prefer battlegrounds. especially as a new F2P player who doesn't get matched against comparable opponents until I do something like stack the deck towards easy daily completion.

Quote Originally Posted by Torvenn View Post
    Hi guys,

Just started playing Hearthstone and rather enjoying it.

What would be the best deck to start focusing on while getting used to the game?

And the fastest way to earn cards?

Thx in advance.
    If you wanna play wild and have fun just craft this

https://hearthstone.fandom.com/wiki/..._the_Wonderful

if you craft it golden every deck will be golden also

10+ Year Old Account
    stick to standard, wild is way out of control
    united in stormwind was a great exp, now we in alterac and so far seems muddy (not clear if i call it good or not)

also why not play mercs? since its launch i play it exclusively and i love it, even with all its weird bugs

there is also (of course) bgs, an actual f2p mode that u get almost no advantage with money, i used to play bgs a lot but not anymore since it became (imo) messy
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Whichever deck means you don't have to take more than 5 seconds to decide on your moves, because god knows the turn timer in every mode is about 10x longer than it has to be to make this game interesting *grump*. Just had someone roping every turn in a freaking "first round of duels" match.

Like, wtf is there to even think about, come on guys. Reduce the turn timers to "just above Nozdormu" level and filter out the mouthbreathers who might actually *take* all the hours or however long they give you currently to make a decision, and make the skill in being able to make the right decisions in an actually reasonable amount of time, like 15 seconds. So freaking boring stepping out of the Battlegrounds and Mercenaries modes to face other players in the "deck-based" modes they have, literally after 1 or 2 turns I want to log out in boredom, every year or so I step back in to see if anything has changed and nope, its' still "I need 45 seconds to think about this 1 drop because I dunno I shat out my thinking abilities with this mornigns breakfast".

Ugh.

*grump*
    Last edited by AeneasBK; 2022-01-22 at 11:11 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.