8 6.35%
  • ★★★☆ [3/4]

22 17.46%
  • ★★★★ [4/4]

90 71.43%
Page 14 of 41 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    my poblem is with how she died, it made no sense, green goblin was like a little kid screaming around while the "the adults were talking"

and come on, spider man 3 was way better than the amazing spider man, just for having venom and the emes it was something way more interesting to watch

Plus, i think the moment with sandman was a good ending for the movie.
    It had a shitty venom. It was a bad movie. Memes poking fun at how terrible the movie was is not a good argument.

Sandman ending was dumb. Just minutes before he was helping Venom trying to kill him and Harry...but "I got a daughter" and all is forgiven? Miss me with that shit.

Gwen Stacy's death had meaning. I didn't like the Green Goblin they went with...but GG killing Gwen is one of the most pivotal moments in Spider-Man canon....and they handled it proper. That, in the end, it was actually Peter "saving" her that kills her. I mean, sure, she'd be dead anyway if he did nothing...but it was the snapback from his web catching her that caused her to hit her head. Just that little extra twist of the knife.

Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    It is honestly causing more hype than Endgame or Infinity War did.
    Agreed. I think a lot of that is boosted by how good into the spiderverse was, and the idea they are trying that with live action and known characters is pretty ambitious, and given their track record I think Marvel can pull it off. Seeing Molina as doc ock gave me chills in the trailer. I need to stop peeking at this thread to avoid spoilers.

Into the spider verse is way more adult than some of the MCU movies, easily, and rly well done, i had some resistance as well, because im not a fan of cartoon movies for super heroes, because they usually are just standalone pointless, but into the spider-verse was a joyful surprise, it have problems, for sure, but it pretty good.

A big spoiler to show the move isn't for kids only(i recommend to not see if you plan to watch latter): Kingpin straight up murder the spider-man from the universe where movie happens
    started playing shattered dimensions and spider-man 2 for ps2 because i was craving a spider-man game i hadnt played yet

turns out the writer for spider-verse wrote shattered dimensions and that was the inspiration for the comics event

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Egomaniac View Post
    If it were me, I'd do it. It's ridiculously overpaying of course. But, again to me, getting Spider-Man back completely under Marvel's jurisdiction would be worth it.

- - - Updated - - -

They mishandled the character. Yeah, he had the weaknesses and the origin is close enough...but the character was entirely wrong.
    the thing is marvel has all of the rights outside of film.
    tv, toys, merch.

sony used to have all that but they sold it which is what fucked over the amazing spider-man series.

even a bad spider-man movie sells a shit ton of toys and merch. marvel wins out moneywise either way.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    tv, toys, merch.

sony used to have all that but they sold it which is what fucked over the amazing spider-man series.

even a bad spider-man movie sells a shit ton of toys and merch. marvel wins out moneywise either way.
    Sure, but I'm not just talking about from a financial perspective. I'm talking about keeping Spider-Man in the MCU. Sony can, at the end of the current deal, once again threaten to pull Spider-Man back away from Marvel. If Disney bought all the rights back... they would no longer have to deal with that nonsese.

7+ Year Old Account
    It had a shitty venom. It was a bad movie. Memes poking fun at how terrible the movie was is not a good argument.

Sandman ending was dumb. Just minutes before he was helping Venom trying to kill him and Harry...but "I got a daughter" and all is forgiven? Miss me with that shit.
    for which their own, i think venom had a good design and origin, i jus hope he had more screentime.

you also have to look how spider man trilogy is older, it was from a place we didn't had marvel recipe to make good movies, it was something new and the third the studio fuck it over, putting everything on the balance, i still prefer this one than the amazing spider man 2

For sandman, he was doing what he though it was right, not knowing who peter was, he was desperate, it was rushed but hey, the meaning behind was good

Gwen Stacy's death had meaning. I didn't like the Green Goblin they went with...but GG killing Gwen is one of the most pivotal moments in Spider-Man canon....and they handled it proper. That, in the end, it was actually Peter "saving" her that kills her. I mean, sure, she'd be dead anyway if he did nothing...but it was the snapback from his web catching her that caused her to hit her head. Just that little extra twist of the knife.
    like i said, my only problem with with that awful green goblin, both his looks and him in the plot were shit.

Also, something i didn't like in the in the amazing series, is this dumb conspiracy bullshit going around about his parents, seeming that everything was pre-planed and not a coincidence

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    tv, toys, merch.

Somewhat correct, which is why Sony has a lot more to lose than Disney if the deal goes South.

And they only had the rights to Movie Merchandise in addition to the movies. Comics, Television, and toys from other sources were always retained by Marvel.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

you also have to look how spider man trilogy is older, it was from a place we didn't had marvel recipe to make good movies, it was something new and the third the studio fuck it over, putting everything on the balance, i still prefer this one than the amazing spider man 2

Yeah, that's no excuse. The first two Spider-Man movies were both good... even without the "Marvel Recipe". It wasn't "something new"...it was the third movie in a trilogy. And, as I said earlier, Studio interference was just as responsible for how bad ASM2 was as SM3. Why give SM3 a pass for it when you won't do the same for ASM2? They both would probably have been much better movies if sony had stayed out of the way...but that isn't what happened.

Also, something i didn't like in the in the amazing series, is this dumb conspiracy bullshit going around about his parents, seeming that everything was pre-planed and not a coincidence
    Well, you might not be aware of this...but in the comics Peter's parents were both spies. So having a conspiracy around his parents deaths is kind of in line with that.

comic books are definitely not for kids only

i just read recently a classic of spider man, Kraven's Last Hunt, that shit ain't for kids.

Spawn comics also, not for kids.
    There are adult comics just like there are adult cartoons. They're still largely for kids and teenagers.

Quote Originally Posted by starstationprofm View Post
    There are adult comics just like there are adult cartoons. They're still largely for kids and teenagers.
    Nope, just because it's cartoon, animated or whatever doesn't mean it's for kids or young adults. You are only proving to everyone and hopefully your self that you're narrow minded and stupid. Stupid in the way you don't care about reality or facts, you care about how you can say stuff that could trigger people. You value that more than truth.

7+ Year Old Account
    There is a huge market for adult cartoons. There are tons.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

7+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, that's no excuse. The first two Spider-Man movies were both good... even without the "Marvel Recipe". It wasn't "something new"...it was the third movie in a trilogy. And, as I said earlier, Studio interference was just as responsible for how bad ASM2 was as SM3. Why give SM3 a pass for it when you won't do the same for ASM2? They both would probably have been much better movies if sony had stayed out of the way...but that isn't what happened.
    because SP3 was more enjoyable than ASP2 imo. Asp2 had all this weird plots goign around and tht awful green goblin being a nobody, awful harry, and so on, everything made Gwen death cheaper

Well, you might not be aware of this...but in the comics Peter's parents were both spies. So having a conspiracy around his parents deaths is kind of in line with that.
    Im saying about the whole situation of the creation of spider, his dna, and all the conspiracy with Osborn, it didn't felt natural, seemed like it was everything part of the plan, i never read about that, so i didn't like much.

because SP3 was more enjoyable than ASP2 imo. Asp2 had all this weird plots goign around and tht awful green goblin being a nobody, awful harry, and so on, everything made Gwen death cheaper
    And I'm saying ASM2 was more enjoyable than SM3, imo. I'm not arguing that either of them are good movies. They both sucked. To me, SM3 sucked more.

Sm3 had weird plots as well. Peter learning to dance so he can spite MJ? Because the "evil alien" made him all emo? Changing the circumstances of Ben's death to give Peter a more personal reason to fight Sandman? Which he ends resolving just being like "You killed my Uncle and had a hand in killing my best friend....but we're cool now...cuz you got a daughter". Great Power, No Responsibility.
    Last edited by Egomaniac; 2021-09-20 at 11:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    And when done well appeal to all ages. .
    Yeah...that's the kicker...for comics as well as cartoons.

7+ Year Old Account
    Sm3 had weird plots as well. Peter learning to dance so he can spite MJ? Because the "evil alien" made him all emo? Changing the circumstances of Ben's death to give Peter a more personal reason to fight Sandman? Which he ends resolving just being like "You killed my Uncle and had a hand in killing my best friend....but we're cool now...cuz you got a daughter". Great Power, No Responsibility.
    The symbyote drag bad emotions out of him, isn't the whole point of it? they didn't make venom sentient but the rest was pretty much on point.

"having a hand" in killing Harry does not eman he rly killed harry, it was venom. And yes the point of the thing with sandman was forgiveness, isn't something bad in a hero movie.

7+ Year Old Account
    And I'm saying ASM2 was more enjoyable than SM3, imo. I'm not arguing that either of them are good movies. They both sucked. To me, SM3 sucked more.

The point of that scene was Peter realizing this wasn't what Ben would have wanted for him. Peter forgives Sandman because Ben would have, it wasn't really because of Sandman's daughter. Part of the great power is using it responsibly, taking vengeance on Flint isn't using power responsibly.

I am not saying you have to like the movie more than ASM2, but please don't misrepresent the scenes like that. (Note: I am not defending the scene, it is still crappy on many levels. I am just pointing out what the scene was and was meaning to show.)
    –The Sith Code

Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    The point of that scene was Peter realizing this wasn't what Ben would have wanted for him. Peter forgives Sandman because Ben would have, it wasn't really because of Sandman's daughter. Part of the great power is using it responsibly, taking vengeance on Flint isn't using power responsibly.

I am not saying you have to like the movie more than ASM2, but please don't misrepresent the scenes like that. (Note: I am not defending the scene, it is still crappy on many levels. I am just pointing out what the scene was and was meaning to show.)
    Forgiving him is one thing. Letting him go is a different thing entirely. He's still a super-powered criminal. Letting him go is not responisble.

Advocating for him after he turns himself in to the police...that's forgiveness.
    Last edited by Egomaniac; 2021-09-20 at 12:41 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    i don't think it is largely for kids, at least not comics, at least not those days

The symbyote drag bad emotions out of him, isn't the whole point of it? they didn't make venom sentient but the rest was pretty much on point.
    Was it? Are you an expert on the symbiote now? Tell me, how many Spider-Man comics have you read where Peter had the symbiote? Because I've read them all...and I don't recall the symbiote ever telling Peter he needed to learn how to dance to humilate his ex.

"having a hand" in killing Harry does not eman he rly killed harry, it was venom. And yes the point of the thing with sandman was forgiveness, isn't something bad in a hero movie.
    Forgiving someone does not mean letting them go free. He doesn't have to kill Sandman...but he's still a dangerous criminal...as shown by him trying to kill him and Harry a few moments earlier.

7+ Year Old Account
    Was it? Are you an expert on the symbiote now? Tell me, how many Spider-Man comics have you read where Peter had the symbiote? Because I've read them all...and I don't recall the symbiote ever telling Peter he needed to learn how to dance to humilate his ex.
    you completely missed the point. the symbionte drag Peter Bad emotions out, and peter himself did that.
    Forgiving someone does not mean letting them go free. He doesn't have to kill Sandman...but he's still a dangerous criminal...as shown by him trying to kill him and Harry a few moments earlier.
    yeah, but he didn't kill other people so, not that dangerous, with Ben was an accident, he tried to steal money for his daughter and everyone in his condition and power would do the same, it could simple say he was forced by Eddie who knew his daughter,(with he used to lure him) and he, could not take venom

Like his own wife said, eh just a common thief, now he will try to live a better life, now that he is forgiven eh can start anew, again, isn't something bad in a super-hero movie, especially for spider-man

7+ Year Old Account
    Forgiving him is one thing. Letting him go is a different thing entirely. He's still a super-powered criminal. Letting him go is not responisble.

Advocating for him after he turns himself in to the police...that's forgiveness.
    And Ben would have let him go ... at least how it was written.

I am not arguing it is good or even makes sense from a real world perspective.
    But, if it had ended "Nah, Bro, you need to go to jail" would have made real world sense, but not narrative sense.

It is just bad writing of the movie.
    Last edited by Darththeo; 2021-09-20 at 01:39 PM.
    –The Sith Code