View Poll Results: 10 days left, what'll it be?

Voters
92. This poll is closed
  • Hard Brexit (crash out)

45 48.91%
  • No Brexit (Remain by revoking A50)

24 26.09%
  • Withdrawal Agreement (after a new session is called)

0 0%
  • Extension + Withdrawal Agreement

3 3.26%
  • Extension + Crashout

9 9.78%
  • Extension + Remain

11 11.96%
    Quote Originally Posted by Iliena View Post

If this doesn't work its: Lily Allen - Fuck You
    Thank you. It's working now. I hear this soundbite on Tiktok quite often.

7+ Year Old Account
    Another Brexit benefit just announced by our antipodean friends? EU submarines out, UK/US submarines in...

Australia to get nuclear-powered submarines, will scrap $90b program to build French-designed subs.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-09-...ines/100465628

Couldn't have happened if the UK were still shackled to the EU, Vive la Commonwealth!
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    Another Brexit benefit just announced by our antipodean friends? EU submarines out, UK/US submarines in...

Australia to get nuclear-powered submarines, will scrap $90b program to build French-designed subs.

Couldn't have happened if the UK were still shackled to the EU, Vive la Commonwealth!
    I hate to break it to you but the US and UK were cooperating on that level before Brexit, it also says right there in the article that the deal has everything to do with China because Australia has no local nuclear industry.

So, just to bring a small amount of rational thought to the world of dribbles, let's cover a few things, shall we?

1. Nothing about this article suggests this couldn't have happened if we'd stayed in the EU. So unless dribbles can dig up something that proves this, all he has is speculation (and as we know, dribbles defaults to "this is a Brexit benefit" even when it's nothing to do with Brexit. And it isn't a benefit).

2. We've gone from being a senior partner in an EU initiative, which would have given us strong leverage to get some juicy parts of the contract for ourselves, to being very much the junior partner with the US. You can be absolutely fucking certain that the profitable parts of this will end up with US companies generating US profits. The UK will get whatever crumbs the US see fit to throw to us. Way to "take back control".

3. There are no financial details in this article. Nothing to do with money. Nothing to do with jobs. Nothing to do with timeframes. Dribbles appears to be celebrating just the concept of something; which given the way he's reacted to Brexit shouldn't be a surprise to anyone.

So in short, dribbles as usual is wetting his pants over nothing. And linking it to Brexit without a shred of actual proof. Which is just Brexit itself writ small; cheering on the unprovable and unknown for no reason anyone sane can see. Keep them coming dribbles, I can't wait to see the next "benefit" you try and sell us.
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Huehuecoyotl View Post
    So, just to bring a small amount of rational thought to the world of dribbles, let's cover a few things, shall we?

1. Nothing about this article suggests this couldn't have happened if we'd stayed in the EU. So unless dribbles can dig up something that proves this, all he has is speculation (and as we know, dribbles defaults to "this is a Brexit benefit" even when it's nothing to do with Brexit. And it isn't a benefit).

2. We've gone from being a senior partner in an EU initiative, which would have given us strong leverage to get some juicy parts of the contract for ourselves, to being very much the junior partner with the US. You can be absolutely fucking certain that the profitable parts of this will end up with US companies generating US profits. The UK will get whatever crumbs the US see fit to throw to us. Way to "take back control".

3. There are no financial details in this article. Nothing to do with money. Nothing to do with jobs. Nothing to do with timeframes. Dribbles appears to be celebrating just the concept of something; which given the way he's reacted to Brexit shouldn't be a surprise to anyone.

So in short, dribbles as usual is wetting his pants over nothing. And linking it to Brexit without a shred of actual proof. Which is just Brexit itself writ small; cheering on the unprovable and unknown for no reason anyone sane can see. Keep them coming dribbles, I can't wait to see the next "benefit" you try and sell us.
    The coming together of natural Anglo allies was not as easily possible when the UK had one foot firmly planted inside the EU zone and the other outside.

A benefit of Brexit is the UK are no longer so divided and can choose where its loyalties are best served and who their real friends are in the world. That is not the EU. For Australia they also have chosen where their mates are. Go back just a few months and remember as an example how the EU blocked 100,000's of vaccine exports to Australia in their time of need, and then how the UK decided unilaterally against the EU wishes to send them anyway.

When the chips are down you can rely on the Anglo countries of the world to stick together, Brexit has enabled that relationship to be strengthened.

AUKUS alliance part of a ‘reorientation' of British foreign policy following Brexit

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xlkub2E58SU

Three cheers this morning to the new, thanks to Brexit, alliance AUKUS.
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

The coming together of natural Anglo allies was not as easily possible when the UK had one foot firmly planted inside the EU zone and the other outside.

A benefit of Brexit is the UK are no longer so divided and can choose where its loyalties are best served and who their real friends are in the world. That is not the EU. For Australia they also have chosen where their mates are. Go back just a few months and remember as an example how the EU blocked 100,000's of vaccine exports to Australia in their time of need, and then how the UK decided unilaterally against the EU wishes to send them anyway.

When the chips are down you can rely on the Anglo countries of the world to stick together, Brexit has enabled that relationship to be strengthened.

AUKUS alliance part of a ‘reorientation' of British foreign policy following Brexit

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xlkub2E58SU

Three cheers this morning to the new, thanks to Brexit, alliance AUKUS.
    So your response to point 1 is "I have nothing to prove it, but I'm going to carry on saying it is regardless".

That and a bit of casual racism.

Yup, as expected from our Brexiteer "chums".

[Edit] I'm increasingly seeing confirmations that my initial belief, that we could have agreed this deal while still in the EU, is actually correct. So once again dribbles is spouting utter bollocks when he suggests that this is a Brexit "benefit". Will you ever tire of being wrong dribble?
    Last edited by Huehuecoyotl; 2021-09-16 at 12:35 PM.
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

Will you ever tire of being wrong dribble?
    Can't be tired of always being wrong when you (dribbles) think you're always right.
    Last edited by Calfredd; 2021-09-16 at 04:19 PM.

So your response to point 1 is "I have nothing to prove it, but I'm going to carry on saying it is regardless".

That and a bit of casual racism.

Yup, as expected from our Brexiteer "chums".

[Edit] I'm increasingly seeing confirmations that my initial belief, that we could have agreed this deal while still in the EU, is actually correct. So once again dribbles is spouting utter bollocks when he suggests that this is a Brexit "benefit". Will you ever tire of being wrong dribble?
    Now now, to be fair... he said it wouldn't be as easy which is indeed a low bar to clear. If they'd have to send an e-mail to the EU parlement with "headsup, we're doing this" that would qualify as being "harder".

Which seems trivial at first sight, but considering the average IQ of the current British government, an ant sized speedbump could prove too much to handle.

Quote Originally Posted by Veggie50 View Post
    Now now, to be fair... he said it wouldn't be as easy which is indeed a low bar to clear. If they'd have to send an e-mail to the EU parlement with "headsup, we're doing this" that would qualify as being "harder".

Which seems trivial at first sight, but considering the average IQ of the current British government, an ant sized speedbump could prove too much to handle.
    So we might be able to downgrade dribbles from "flat out lying" to "intentionally misleading". Again, it all feels very Brexit like.

I swear these fuckers wouldn't give a straight answer if you had their dick in a vice and the lie detector was connected to a fan tightening it.

Quote Originally Posted by Muzjhath View Post
    Uhm. K.

I mean, I'm sure there are plenty of Britons over the age of....60...who just can't wait to buy their bendy bananas in ounces.

As soon as bananas become available again.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Muzjhath View Post
    Part of a massive package released yesterday by the Brexit opportunities dept in whitehall.

https://www.gov.uk/government/public...latory-reforms

Pages and pages of brexit benefits for all. Cheers!

Part of a massive package released yesterday by the Brexit opportunities dept in whitehall.

https://www.gov.uk/government/public...latory-reforms

Pages and pages of brexit benefits for all. Cheers!
    Sigh. There's a lot of stuff to unpack in there, and frankly I can't be bothered anymore. Because this government (and Brexiteers in particular) are lying cunts. So I can pretty much guarantee that this list will consist of:

1. Things they could have done while still in the EU.
    2. Things that might be benefits for Business owners and billionaires, but will be no use for ordinary people.
    3. Things that are completely irrelevant unless you're a racist.
    4. Things that just aren't benefits.
    5. Things that look good in theory, that they'll never actually do.

Oh, and dribbles, they aren't calling these "benefits". They're calling them "opportunities". You can't point to a single one on that list and say "they've done that, and I can see that it has improved the lives of people without fucking over a bunch of other people"

So more lies from dribbles. Who still can't point to a single Brexit benefit that people who aren't living in his fantasy world can see.

If I were you, I'd run off now with my tail between my legs. Because if you come back I might just go back through the list out of spite to properly document what a pile of bullshit it is.

Things I have seen since Brexit vote

Value of £ dropping which for an importing nation is terrible
    Prices go up
    Wages still stagnant (which means in real terms falling)
    shelves emptying
    Barriers up between myself and family
    Racial and nationalistic abuse rising
    NHS still underfunded. Where's that £350million per week

Still waiting on a benefit of brexit.

Sigh. There's a lot of stuff to unpack in there, and frankly I can't be bothered anymore. Because this government (and Brexiteers in particular) are lying cunts. So I can pretty much guarantee that this list will consist of:

2. Things that might be benefits for Business owners and billionaires, but will be no use for ordinary people.

Oh, and dribbles, they aren't calling these "benefits". They're calling them "opportunities". You can't point to a single one on that list and say "they've done that, and I can see that it has improved the lives of people without fucking over a bunch of other people"

So more lies from dribbles. Who still can't point to a single Brexit benefit that people who aren't living in his fantasy world can see.

If I were you, I'd run off now with my tail between my legs. Because if you come back I might just go back through the list out of spite to properly document what a pile of bullshit it is.
    With how the UK's goverment is, I highly doubt they will manage to make those opportunities in actual benefits. Its something like this...

..... Many years ago i was invited by a girl to meet in her studio. An opportunity to get her to know better *wink*.... but I never went there .. Thus my opportunity to know her better never was capitalized upon.

Somewhat like how Brexit is.

7+ Year Old Account

Unsurprising that there are so many brexit benefits/opportunities, it's impossible for you to unpick them all.

I've, as requested, been supplying Brexit benefits for weeks if not months now and I guess it's just overwhelming, the latest Gov dump in Lord Frost's letter this week bullet points 61 in one day. If you want the most important of those in the round, while you all are distracted and having a giggle about Ethel now being able to buy bananas in lbs not grams you miss the bigger picture.

The scales of UK politics sometimes, if rarely, swings to the left/remain/rejoin a little for a short brief period and these latest measures in those political circumstances ensure that in the lifetime of 1 or 2 parliaments it becomes extremely difficult if not impossible due to the divergence of UK standards from the EU to ever rejoin.

The measures in the Lord Frost letter I linked cements Brexit in the UK for a century, it sinks any dreams and hopes of ever rejoining and in the most important benefit of all protects British heritage and safeguards our future. We will never rejoin the EU again.

On behalf of my children and future grandchildren, thank you Boris.

I've, as requested, been supplying Brexit benefits for weeks if not months now and I guess it's just overwhelming
    What you've posted hasn't been overwhelming. It's been one easily debunked pile of shit after another, and I've shot every one of them down in flames. Hell, you gloated once when it took me an hour or so, when in reality I'd gone off to have dinner and come back and handled it without breaking sweat.

It's super easy for me. Barely an inconvenience.

You can't point to benefits, because they aren't there. You can point to the UK asking for more extensions to carry on as close to "as you were" as possible, because the Brexiteers running this country are SO incompetent that they still aren't properly ready for the Brexit THEY demanded. You can point to firms struggling to find workers because the racists have chased off the foreign workers that were doing the jobs. You can point to declining product choice and shortages, partially because of Brexit. You can point to multiple businesses that are complaining about the damage Brexit has done. Even people that actually wanted Brexit.

And we aren't even fully Brexited yet. It's still in progress, and it's going to get worse.

You may be protected from these impacts for now (either because of your fortunate financial position or your detachment from reality) but even for you it won't last forever. Maybe the shock of reality finally breaking through might make you a better person, but I doubt it. When Brexit fails, you'll just blame the EU and brown people, like you always have.

Do you remember when Boris said that voting for Brexit would lead to lower energy bills?

Pepperidge Farm remembers.

Do you remember when Boris said that voting for Brexit would lead to lower energy bills?

Pepperidge Farm remembers.
    To be fair the gas price hikes are going to be all over Europe, not just the UK, because reserves are fairly low this year, compared to full before last winter ...
    You can't blame every plague on Brexit.

Quote Originally Posted by Demolitia View Post
    To be fair the gas price hikes are going to be all over Europe, not just the UK, because reserves are fairly low this year, compared to full before last winter ...
    You can't blame every plague on Brexit.
    Hey, I'm not setting these rules, dribbles is. He's the one linking literally every tiny change in the UK to Brexit, and claiming it as a benefit. If that's going to be how it works for the good things, then that's how it's going to work for the bad things too.

Shoutout to @Breccia; I'm not here to make the rules, I'm just here to enforce them.