Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Rendark View Post
    Removing cool shit from the game is dumb and just makes people want to play less in the long run.
    marketing psychology pretty much disproves that

Quote Originally Posted by tetrisGOAT View Post
    I regret that I actually took you seriously and responded to you as though you made actual arguments.

You've decided what is to be the truth, and everyone is therefore wrong, no matter how many times you contradict yourself. You only care about challenges you say, and claim no one has any reason to do this mage tower because they offer no rewards.
    You have done all 36 challenges, but you don't care about them and you do not care about the rewards, but the rewards are gone forever, so no one should ever do them again, or for the first time because there is no point.

I have no idea what you are even saying in the last part of the quote, the only thing I read from this is that the game developers has let you down and hurt you, so you have to make up reasons for why it is they who have no clue.

I get it. You are disillusioned by the game. The game sucks and FFXIV is better, and so all decisions they do sucks as well. This topic could be about anything and you would still be here being a hater about it. I don't play either game, so I am here to tell you that no company is your friend no matter what, and you don't owe any company your allegiance, so stop simping for Square just because you happen to like them at this current time, because a streamer probably told you to.
    You might want to hone your reading comprehension skills if you think i ever contradicted myself.

First you seems to be unable to understand that what I do has little to do with what other people do. In short. Just because i dont give a damn bout cosmetics doesn't mean other people also dont care.
    That is usually a problem for people with zero empathy unable to understand other people point of views.

Especially this part is a word salad:
    You have done all 36 challenges, but you don't care about them and you do not care about the rewards, but the rewards are gone forever, so no one should ever do them again, or for the first time because there is no point.
    So to put it simply:
    1. Yes I have done 36 challenges.
    2. I don't care about rewards from them
    3. I do care about challenge themselves <- this part you got wrong.
    4. I have never said "no one should ever do them again" - in fact, i advocate complete opposite.

I don't give a damn about streamers opinions, most of them are a sort of "clowns" for me ie. entertainers. Not to mention i never really watched wow streams because they are boring AF.

You don't get anything because you never really understand what I wrote.
    Ship has been abandoned.
    ---

NextUI for XIV

I regret that I actually took you seriously and responded to you as though you made actual arguments.

You've decided what is to be the truth, and everyone is therefore wrong, no matter how many times you contradict yourself. You only care about challenges you say, and claim no one has any reason to do this mage tower because they offer no rewards.

I have no idea what you are even saying in the last part of the quote, the only thing I read from this is that the game developers has let you down and hurt you, so you have to make up reasons for why it is they who have no clue.

I get it. You are disillusioned by the game. The game sucks and FFXIV is better, and so all decisions they do sucks as well. This topic could be about anything and you would still be here being a hater about it. I don't play either game, so I am here to tell you that no company is your friend no matter what, and you don't owe any company your allegiance, so stop simping for Square just because you happen to like them at this current time, because a streamer probably told you to.
    I would rather the rewards stay in the game myself but that is a postion I take across all content.

Will I do all the mage towers again? Possibly but not overly likely. If they scale down characters to 50 will likely knock the dps challenge out for most classes and collect the transmog. I think it is a shame the artifact skins are gone though. Not only are they a cool reward they also act as a seal of " you can play this class/spec" that I think a lot of players where looking forward to.

Would also like the mage tower to not be a once every...3 month thing?

Quote Originally Posted by Varx View Post
    You know, I'd be fine with a compromise. Give the mage tower weapon skin with a new additional color scheme BUT NOT the original ones.

No more, no less. The original MT skins were time sensitive rewards that should remain that way just like all the other time sensitive rewards throughout warcraft's entire lifespan.
    I can go with this. Let the people keep holding on to their precious prestige, meanwhile everyone else can get recolors to enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by Empower View Post
    I would rather the rewards stay in the game myself but that is a postion I take across all content.
    As you say, if this were a thing across all content, fine. I personally find it weird that we are going to assume it weird to expect Blizzard to backtrack on this particular issue. If they say something will be gone forever, I will expect them to honour that, even if I don't agree with their stance. I don't wish for there to be further removed content added to the game, but I think it would hurt their reputation more to take such promises back.

They never should have made such promises, but once they are here, it would be a douche move to just go back on that. I play more Magic than I do WoW these days, so forgive me if my comparison is lacking, but if WotC suddenly went out and said the reserved list is back on the menu, all trust in the company would be right out the window.
    What's the next step, ahead of the curve coming back for everyone? The associated mounts? Pvp titles? PvP mounts? Naxx 40 items? Naxx 10/25 titles/mounts?
    &nbsp;

Meh, it would have been a lot cooler if Blizzard created new transmogs rather than recolor already existing assets. Seems like a lackluster reward in my opinion. The reason why the Mage Tower was cool was because you received a completely new skin, not a recolor of the already existing artifact skins. For example, that awesome Warrior flail or Rainbow kitty. Additionally, artifact weapons were just awesome, they had lore, and they made you thematically feel awesome.
    Last edited by Aedruid; 2021-09-20 at 09:05 PM. Reason: wanted to add additional commentary

As you say, if this were a thing across all content, fine. I personally find it weird that we are going to assume it weird to expect Blizzard to backtrack on this particular issue. If they say something will be gone forever, I will expect them to honour that, even if I don't agree with their stance. I don't wish for there to be further removed content added to the game, but I think it would hurt their reputation more to take such promises back.

They never should have made such promises, but once they are here, it would be a douche move to just go back on that. I play more Magic than I do WoW these days, so forgive me if my comparison is lacking, but if WotC suddenly went out and said the reserved list is back on the menu, all trust in the company would be right out the window.
    What's the next step, ahead of the curve coming back for everyone? The associated mounts? Pvp titles? PvP mounts? Naxx 40 items? Naxx 10/25 titles/mounts?
    I mean I would bring all those back to... assuming the challenge could be roughly fabricated.

What really gets me about mage tower is it is the same content... sure you can argue it might be easier by degrees but I doubt it could be easier then doing them in mythic raid gear.

If it is the same or roughly the same challenge for the same content it should have the rewards. I can begrudgingly accept accept pvp being seasonal as replicating that seasons balance would require a insane number of hoops.

Honestly I'm surprised people are not asking for the legion keystone mount to be brought back as well... I can't recall what it is mind you but I can't see a reason why it can't be added to the event.

Edit: I can get your magic comparison but it would be more akin to them reprinting old art to a changed card rather then tinkering with the current deck meta.
    Last edited by Empower; 2021-09-20 at 09:54 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    I mean I would bring all those back to... assuming the challenge could be roughly fabricated.

What really gets me about mage tower is it is the same content... sure you can argue it might be easier by degrees but I doubt it could be easier then doing them in mythic raid gear.

If it is the same or roughly the same challenge for the same content it should have the rewards. I can begrudgingly accept accept pvp being seasonal as replicating that seasons balance would require a insane number of hoops.

Honestly I'm surprised people are not asking for the legion keystone mount to be brought back as well... I can't recall what it is mind you but I can't see a reason why it can't be added to the event.

Edit: I can get your magic comparison but it would be more akin to them reprinting old art to a changed card rather then tinkering with the current deck meta.
    You can't recall the mount because Legion never had a Keystone mount - they only started them with the last BfA season.

#TEAMGIRAFFE

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    You can't recall the mount because Legion never had a Keystone mount - they only started them with the last BfA season.
    Huh I thought it did... though on reflection I suppose it might of been the wod cm mount I was thinking of... my mistake beyond small mounts like the flying disc I don't pay attention.

Quote Originally Posted by Aedruid View Post
    Meh, it would have been a lot cooler if Blizzard created new transmogs rather than recolor already existing assets. Seems like a lackluster reward in my opinion. The reason why the Mage Tower was cool was because you received a completely new skin, not a recolor of the already existing artifact skins. For example, that awesome Warrior flail or Rainbow kitty. Additionally, artifact weapons were just awesome, they had lore, and they made you thematically feel awesome.
    really subjective for your artifact. Some were cool and well known while others sort of came out of nowhere and had people going "waht?"

I mean yeah some were great and really hit the mark, others missed but made up for it with quirky effects as you played... but I never really felt anything much over the warrior/DH/rogue options. Hell I for teh longest thought they had the Sin/Sub rogue fantasies reversed in Legion what with how Sub had to go off on an all out assault to assassinate leaders while Sin had to sneak around a secure environment scouting out information...

7+ Year Old Account
    Huh I thought it did... though on reflection I suppose it might of been the wod cm mount I was thinking of... my mistake beyond small mounts like the flying disc I don't pay attention.
    Yeah, WoD had the yeti and MoP the phoenixes. For some weird reason Blizzard thought that removing all the memorable goodies from dungeon content and just giving player power but nothing for cosmetics compared to Challenge Modes would be a good idea lol.

#TEAMGIRAFFE

10+ Year Old Account
    So... there will be some rewards for Legion Timewalking Mage Tower.

Druids get a chance to get the "werebear" form again. This pretty much serves as a new "artifact skin" although now I guess they are just called appearances now.

I wonder if we're going to see other classes get new appearances of artifact skins we once acquired in the coming weeks?

But this time... better looking!

Last edited by KOUNTERPARTS; 2021-09-21 at 04:04 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Without artifact skins there is really no point for me to do the mage tower.