The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Packers' season finally started it seems.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Packers' season finally started it seems.
    That offense is probably going to be fine, but the GB defense seems like it’s in for some hell this year against good teams.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Smash Adams View Post
    That offense is probably going to be fine, but the GB defense seems like it’s in for some hell this year against good teams.
    At this point best you can hope for is once Za'darius Smith gets back they find a rush and can be at least okay.

I have no expectations of NFC Championship for this team right now, though. As they're playing now they're a divisional round out and then the team's blown up.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Lions put together a couple decent halves where they outscored their opponents 40-24, but the other halves they were outscored 52-10. Maybe some day they'll learn to play a full 60.
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Glad to see Jones get his dad’s ashes back after losing them during the game last night(they were in a necklace).
    That's good to hear, I was hoping it would turn up.
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    Stadium in New Orleans is on fire it seems. Saints can't catch a break.

https://twitter.com/KelseyDavisNews/...70066902507528

- - - Updated - - -

Fire was put out apparently. Crisis averted.

15+ Year Old Account
    That’s fun. I wonder what started it.
    Friction from how fast people’s opinions on Winston changed
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    I'm not sure if you guys have noticed but sometimes I say things that are kind of dumb
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    I just like reading about the "vigorous rubbing" that might affect ball inflation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ProphetFlume View Post
    Friction from how fast people’s opinions on Winston changed
    Okay that was good. xD

Patriots play the Saints this week, so I'm going to say absolutely nothing bad about Winston... I would prefer week 2 Jameis show up this week again though and not Week 1 version.

10+ Year Old Account
    I always felt good about Brees vs. the Patriots. I just looked it up and he had his second highest passer rating against them. The only team he had a better rating against was the... Saints, in one career game he played against them as a Charger. He had the best game of his career against New England.

With Jameis it seems a lot more likely they can come up with a game plan that makes him look bad.

I'll feel better if they can at least move the ball, his 259 passing yards in two weeks doesn't inspire confidence.
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    I always felt good about Brees vs. the Patriots. I just looked it up and he had his second highest passer rating against them. The only team he had a better rating against was the... Saints, in one career game he played against them as a Charger. He had the best game of his career against New England.

With Jameis it seems a lot more likely they can come up with a game plan that makes him look bad.

I'll feel better if they can at least move the ball, his 259 passing yards in two weeks doesn't inspire confidence.
    Might turn into a defensive slog. We haven't exactly set the world on fire moving the ball either.

10+ Year Old Account
    That’s fun. I wonder what started it.
    What I heard yesterday was it started in one of the kitchens.

- - - Updated - - -

Lions are shopping Jammie Collins. You know, in case you forgot they're in a full rebuild.

Lions are shopping Jammie Collins. You know, in case you forgot they're in a full rebuild.
    If we were actually rebuilding we would be trading way more players. Including Goff. Also we have been giving up a lot of picks for some reason, so this move would at best move us closer to where we started with picks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just getting rid of anything and everything to do with the previous regime is not necessarily a rebuild. It's just cleaning up.

If they release Collins the Patriots might have vague interest, but with plenty of depth at his position I doubt the Patriots trade for him or offer him more than vet minimum.

They've been Collins' rebound before so it makes sense from his perspective, but the Patriots loaded up while he was gone with draftpicks (Winovich and Uche) and free agents (Judon).

I think Collins will just latch on with whatever team has injuries at LB and a vague chance to make the post season. I don't even think he gets traded, just straight up released.

15+ Year Old Account
    Weird how bad of a fit Bridgewater was for Carolina. Now Darnold is looking ok there and he’s doing well in Denver, which is nice to see because I thought he was really on the verge of elevating and being noticed in Minnesota before the injury.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    I'm not sure if you guys have noticed but sometimes I say things that are kind of dumb
    I just like reading about the "vigorous rubbing" that might affect ball inflation.

Quote Originally Posted by Faltemer View Post
    If we were actually rebuilding we would be trading way more players. Including Goff. Also we have been giving up a lot of picks for some reason, so this move would at best move us closer to where we started with picks.
    You say "we" as if we're to believe that a Lions fan exists.

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    You say "we" as if we're to believe that a Lions fan exists.
    I don't know if fan is the right word. Unwilling follower, indoctrinated during childhood is a better way to describe it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can you believe Adam Gase is going to go 2-0 on QBs leaving him and going on to be passable starters?

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Can you believe Adam Gase is going to go 2-0 on QBs leaving him and going on to be passable starters?
    It just means that the QB and Gase weren't good fits for each other.

Just like some coaches can make a bad QB look good, some coaches make a decent QB look like crap.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    It just means that the QB and Gase weren't good fits for each other.

Just like some coaches can make a bad QB look good, some coaches make a decent QB look like crap.
    I don't really agree. As a player you can rightfully say that a system or a playstyle is not what you do best. As a coach you cannot under any circumstances argue that a player doesn't fit your system. You are the coach ffs, make it work for the players you have.

Sean McVay has had to work with Jared Goff, and he still made it work. There's countless examples of good coaches making it work with players that are not perfect.

Sam Darnold is probably not transcended, but he's now shown he can win you games if you tailor to him, just like Goff did.

Gase is just bad.

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    I don't really agree. As a player you can rightfully say that a system or a playstyle is not what you do best. As a coach you cannot under any circumstances argue that a player doesn't fit your system. You are the coach ffs, make it work for the players you have.

Sean McVay has had to work with Jared Goff, and he still made it work. There's countless examples of good coaches making it work with players that are not perfect.

Sam Darnold is probably not transcended, but he's now shown he can win you games if you tailor to him, just like Goff did.

Gase is just bad.
    "I don't agree, but let me explain what you said in more words."

Nothing you said actually contradicts my point, so I don't really get why you replied.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code