Page 1 of 9
... LastLast

Possible solution for the boosting pandemic.

Let me start this by saying I hate boosting. Boosting will not be going away, with the token its too big of a cash cow for blizzards to give up. What would you think if blizzard set aside servers that made boosting on them an insta ban. They already have servers that cater to specific play styles, pvp and pve servers (classic only), RP servers, why not have boosting servers. The boost / non boost servers would not be able to interact with eachother.

Just hire a gm per server that just looks at lfd and chat channels and have them ban players near instantly rather then relying on mass reporting.

Rock-hard pass from me - would they just allow thousands of free server xfers? How would it be policed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    In no way are you entitled to the 'complete' game when you buy it, because DLC/cosmetics and so on are there for companies to make more money
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Others, including myself, are saying that they only exist because Blizzard needed to create things so they could monetize it.

Terrible idea.

All they need to do is start Battle.net account banning people that advertise in the wrong channels from using chat. Maybe even any merged account on a battle.net.

I would say all current servers become non-boost servers, if you are interested in boosting or being boosted you get a free transfer to a boosting server, once on a boosting server you can not go back to a non boosting server. The non boosters would do a great job of policing the servers and discord. I do like the idea of a GMs on servers giving out bans too.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by HateTrain View Post
    Terrible idea.

All they need to do is start Battle.net account banning people that advertise in the wrong channels from using chat. Maybe even any merged account on a battle.net.
    Blizzard will not do this. They make too much money off of the boosting community

Quote Originally Posted by Memnok View Post
    I would say all current servers become non-boost servers, if you are interested in boosting or being boosted you get a free transfer to a boosting server, once on a boosting server you can not go back to a non boosting server. The non boosters would do a great job of policing the servers and discord. I do like the idea of a GMs on servers giving out bans too.
    Still not even close to half of a good idea.

It's clear you have an anti-boner for Boosting, but it's causing terrible ideas. Do ye honestly believe that the server populations can withstand another separating factor?

- - - Updated - - -

Blizzard will not do this. They make too much money off of the boosting community
    You want Blizzard to waste time and resources on something only you and a minoprity of people see as a problem. Nah. I wou8ld rather spend those resources on developing the game instead of waiting on creating a safe space for people who cannot ignore something they don't like on their own

10+ Year Old Account
    *Grabs Popcorn*

This gonna be good
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

boosting exists since vanila, you think it wouldnt happen on new "non-boost" realms?
    thats very naive...

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    You want Blizzard to waste time and resources on something only you and a minoprity of people see as a problem. Nah. I wou8ld rather spend those resources on developing the game instead of waiting on creating a safe space for people who cannot ignore something they don't like on their own
    Bottom line, is this pretty much. Additionally, I know there is an addon that blocks keywords from chat channels. I'm sure you can calibrate it to remove boost ads. If it can remove anal spam and thunderfury bullshit, it can remove "boost" and "service".

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Am I blind or did Blizz not make it a bannable infraction to sell boosts via the Party Finder? Just report them.

If it isn't working then don't ask for more servers to dilute an already over-diluted population, ask for Blizz to fucking hire more GMs to enforce their own rules.

Am I in the retail or classic forum right now?
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

i dont hate boosting, i hate community boosting, now they even ask for patreaon ROFL and come to work with us

was okay when only guild or small group was doing it per realm

i think if blizzard come back with Mist of pandaria gold transfer politicy (you can be banned if you transfer gold between realms) can fix it

10+ Year Old Account
    Let me start this by saying I hate boosting. Boosting will not be going away, with the token its too big of a cash cow for blizzards to give up. What would you think if blizzard set aside servers that made boosting on them an insta ban. They already have servers that cater to specific play styles, pvp and pve servers (classic only), RP servers, why not have boosting servers. The boost / non boost servers would not be able to interact with eachother.
    Soooo, I would be instantly banned for offering a boost to someone? What would you expect to track it? Level differences? Gear differences? Delete trading?

Doesn't sound right. There's more to the boosting world, and it has been huge and a cash cow since Vanilla, the only difference is, that now people can get it done more safer, and secure - while Blizzard earns a small coin if the use of token has been done. Before that, it was some scummy 3rd party group that would either demand they play for you, or use you like a mule while you get boosted or demand RMTs, or just steal your account when done.

I don't hate boosting, and I don't mind if people are able to buy a boost from others for gold, my problem comes with people spamming the LFG tool with advertisements (which isn't permitted), or using an alt to spam general/trade chat while they do something else on a main (which isn't permitted), or generally people spamming General/Trade chat with boost messages even though it is permitted to offer a service for gold.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

You cannot ban boosting. It's just impossible.

1+ Year Old Account
    Your heart is in the right place, but we need server merges, not server splits… :|

What makes boosting problematic anyways? Does it affect you or the way you play the game? You don’t even win by getting boosted because you’re still paying for something that everyone else already has.

Quote Originally Posted by Aloie View Post
    Your heart is in the right place, but we need server merges, not server splits… :|

What makes boosting problematic anyways? Does it affect you or the way you play the game? You don’t even win by getting boosted because you’re still paying for something that everyone else already has.
    It doesn't affect everybody, but it does diminish the feeling of effort.

People sling around the argument that "boosting has been done since Vanilla" but there's a difference. Boosting for gold that you earned solely in game I have no problems with personally. I actually had a lot of friends who were legit merchers. All they did on WoW was manipulate the market to earn gold. They were really chill people, my guild would need funding, we'd boost them through content. They spent all the time and effort we did on gearing up and clearing Heroic raids (at the time; now Mythic) but they put it solely towards making gold. They put in the same OR MORE effort and dedication as we did to playing the game in one aspect or another.

Boosting for CASH, however, used to be a bannable offense. If you boosted via purchasing the reward or purchasing in game gold from a third party to then use said gold to purchase the boost, you could be banned for it. It was the equivalent to using steroids in a sport in order to gain an advantage; It was done, but you would be in hot shit if you got caught for it. Not only that, but people generally would look down on you pretty heavily back when servers mattered. It was quick fix that allowed you to bypass playing the game in order to get your rewards, be it gold for epic flying, gear, boss kills, or PvP titles.

With the WoW token, Blizzard is just straight up allowing you to swipe your credit card for gold to be used on boosting now. That's why I have an issue with it. It's not the same thing as it is in Classic anymore. If people are buying gold in Classic with their real money, they can be banned for it. If they're spending 14 hours a day playing the market to earn enough gold to buy some gear from a boost, then they spent time and effort farming gold for the boost by physically playing the game. They had to put effort in somehow. It wasn't based on whether or not they had disposable income OUTSIDE of the game.

Boosting isn't the issue so much as the communities that organize it and have turned it into a full blown business. They have people spamming, boosting and running discord 24/7. We all know their is RMT going on in all of them, but they are very careful about it after that first one got nuked from orbit by Blizz.
    Nobody runs an operation as large as Huokan for just gold or Blizz bucks...

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    You can't just start banning left and right. There are people that want to be boosted and people who want to boost. Just like with gold selling, people would just start doing it on channels outside WoW and risk their accounts. But Blizzard could create in-game channel for boosting and start banning left and right people advertizing boost on trade and group finder.

Many wouldn't like this solution, but I think it would be most effective. Just turn off one button and you won't hear anything about boosting in game.

The vast majority of boosting could be fixed by getting rid of this garbage endgame model of crazy power creep. There's no reason to stratify the rewards for content to the degree it is right now. Endgame only needs two ilvl tiers at most
    "stop puting you idiotic liberal words into my mouth"
    -ynnady

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Empower View Post
    Just hire a gm per server that just looks at lfd and chat channels and have them ban players near instantly rather then relying on mass reporting.
    So there is about 500 servers.
    so thats 500 people, and the average 8 hour work day, there is 24 hours in a day, so thats 3 employees to cover a full 24 hour period.
    and that is with them working 8 hours a day 7 days a week. most dont, usually 5 days, and with overlap lets say

to have enough workers for a week of 8 hour shifts, for 1 server that is 5 employees.

so 5x500 thats 2500 employees, JUST to manage LFG/Chat channels.
    and that is with 500, which there is very much FAR more then that. i think we are at about 700 based on what i can assume
    there is 220 US, then EU easily another 200, then china, then all the classic servers.

see how that does not work?
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content