Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    How is this any different than how it is now. How would you stop people from offering boosts on "non-boosting" servers?

And if you have an answer to that, why not just implement it now to all servers?

Don't really care as long as it's gold boosting instead of RL money. They should have a separate channel in LFG though, so that it doesn't clutter lfg for those who aren't interested.

It's kinda same story as with gold sellers. They couldn't weed it to until they "legalized" it via token. Just make boosting services legal, but put them in seperate LFG and harshly punish in normal channels (with instant account bans).

The idea of "boosting" servers is ridiculous and childish.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    So there is about 500 servers.
    so thats 500 people, and the average 8 hour work day, there is 24 hours in a day, so thats 3 employees to cover a full 24 hour period.
    and that is with them working 8 hours a day 7 days a week. most dont, usually 5 days, and with overlap lets say

to have enough workers for a week of 8 hour shifts, for 1 server that is 5 employees.

so 5x500 thats 2500 employees, JUST to manage LFG/Chat channels.
    and that is with 500, which there is very much FAR more then that. i think we are at about 700 based on what i can assume
    there is 220 US, then EU easily another 200, then china, then all the classic servers.

see how that does not work?
    Alright let's use real math. There are maybe 15 servers that would require a single person to moderate. Rest can likely handle multiple servers at a time.

Now factor in blizzards slave style wages and the fact a banned person is banned and eventually even the gold sellers cant eat that cost...

Let's be generous and say 30 gms.. at 6$ an hour that is 4300? a day to solve the boosting issue.

It costs them pennies.

i have a solution if you dont like boosting. dont buy them and turn off trade chat. join a guild and do your pvp/dungeons/raids with them. i ve had a guild since 2006 and even when i do pug i dont have to deal with boosters or people that are boosted. you guys just need to learn how to play the game more efficiently.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Empower View Post
    6$ an hour
    no one is gonna get paid less than federal minimum wage, and california has a state $15 minimum wage. please stop while youre behind

[Rothulivic] [Twitch] [Twitter] Signature by Serryn

Quote Originally Posted by BossManRoth View Post
    i have a solution if you dont like boosting. dont buy them and turn off trade chat. join a guild and do your pvp/dungeons/raids with them. i ve had a guild since 2006 and even when i do pug i dont have to deal with boosters or people that are boosted. you guys just need to learn how to play the game more efficiently.

- - - Updated - - -

no one is gonna get paid less than federal minimum wage, and california has a state $15 minimum wage. please stop while youre behind
    I believe in blizzard. People are dumb enough to work for them on some weird internship to do it.

5+ Year Old Account
    So there is about 500 servers.
    so thats 500 people, and the average 8 hour work day, there is 24 hours in a day, so thats 3 employees to cover a full 24 hour period.
    and that is with them working 8 hours a day 7 days a week. most dont, usually 5 days, and with overlap lets say

to have enough workers for a week of 8 hour shifts, for 1 server that is 5 employees.

so 5x500 thats 2500 employees, JUST to manage LFG/Chat channels.
    and that is with 500, which there is very much FAR more then that. i think we are at about 700 based on what i can assume
    there is 220 US, then EU easily another 200, then china, then all the classic servers.

see how that does not work?
    i can also see how it works with bots everywhere. Real gm need to be hired anyway if not against boosting to that vs bots cuz its so stupid that they allow bots to not be banned

I believe in blizzard. People are dumb enough to work for them on some weird internship to do it.
    that is actually illegal...also you're forgetting the fact that there's a good chunk of servers who are primarily different languages EU servers in particular so not only do you need specific people but you gotta have people who specifically read certain languages and that costs a pretty penny.

Blizzard has the data for who's selling and for who's buying, they just will never act upon it because the revenue they continue to receive from it is too damn good..

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterymask View Post
    that is actually illegal...also you're forgetting the fact that there's a good chunk of servers who are primarily different languages EU servers in particular so not only do you need specific people but you gotta have people who specifically read certain languages and that costs a pretty penny.
    Perhaps? I admit I didn't consider that but how many would you honestly need? A lot of servers are so small and so dead they don't have boosting on them readily barring direct rmt.

15+ Year Old Account
    How long till Blizz is gonna solve this the same why they "solved" gold selling?
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

7+ Year Old Account
    Alright let's use real math. There are maybe 15 servers that would require a single person to moderate. Rest can likely handle multiple servers at a time.

Now factor in blizzards slave style wages and the fact a banned person is banned and eventually even the gold sellers cant eat that cost...

Let's be generous and say 30 gms.. at 6$ an hour that is 4300? a day to solve the boosting issue.

It costs them pennies.
    lolololol fucking 15 servers?
    you fucking serious?

you think there is only 15 active servers?
    alright i can see there is no point even trying to fucking math with you.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by BossManRoth View Post

- - - Updated - - -

There is so much fucking wrong with this abyssmal attempt at reality that i didnt even notice the fucking "lets pay people 6$ an hour" less then fucking half the state required min wage.

- - - Updated - - -

nevermind the fact it would be literaly illegal, but sure mate.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hastis View Post
    i can also see how it works with bots everywhere. Real gm need to be hired anyway if not against boosting to that vs bots cuz its so stupid that they allow bots to not be banned
    so how many zones are there in the game?
    Now lets get that 2500 and times it by how many zones there are

you cant just have GM's fly around the zones looking for "possible bots"
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    My ideas are objectively good

lolololol fucking 15 servers?
    you fucking serious?

you think there is only 15 active servers?
    alright i can see there is no point even trying to fucking math with you.

- - - Updated - - -

There is so much fucking wrong with this abyssmal attempt at reality that i didnt even notice the fucking "lets pay people 6$ an hour" less then fucking half the state required min wage.

- - - Updated - - -

nevermind the fact it would be literaly illegal, but sure mate.

- - - Updated - - -

so how many zones are there in the game?
    Now lets get that 2500 and times it by how many zones there are

you cant just have GM's fly around the zones looking for "possible bots"
    Speaking as a booster and yes I see the irony no need to point it out... there are a limited number of servers with a big enough population for services to be provided beyond rmt. The problem there exists but in infinitely less numbers. ( one point for playing alliance as well).

Hell I'm honestly not sure you have to pay anyone... just offer people working their " honor points" and say the boss will like and I'm sure blizz drones would do it. They don't hire the best and brightest.

Or just don't lock the best gear behind game modes that most players can't access.

In the past there has been plenty of ways for casuals to get the second best gear in the game. Now they can only get equivalent to normal mode raiding which is basically garbage so they're pretty much forced to boost if they want to do some world PvP or random battlegrounds and not get obliterated.

I don't think this issue can be fixed. Maybe if everyone quits playing the game, then WoW boosters and p2w schemes would be gone because nobody left to buy them so they would just slowly die off but as soon as players returned they would just come back.

So I guess the issue here is PEOPLE. Don't hate the boosters or the greedy ass blizzard dbags, hate the game and/or the lazy ass ppl that spend that money.

Quote Originally Posted by Goat7 View Post
    I don't think this issue can be fixed. Maybe if everyone quits playing the game, then WoW boosters and p2w schemes would be gone because nobody left to buy them so they would just slowly die off but as soon as players returned they would just come back.

So I guess the issue here is PEOPLE. Don't hate the boosters or the greedy ass blizzard dbags, hate the game and/or the lazy ass ppl that spend that money.
    It can easily be at least mitigated. The problem is that gear becomes better and better the harder content you do.

Let's say that all gear had the exact same iLvl regardless of what difficulty you got it from but it had a special stat that only worked in the mode from where you got it.

A piece of mythic raid gear would be exactly the same as a piece of m0 gear but when you were in a raid it would be much much stronger.

Quote Originally Posted by Echocho View Post
    It can easily be at least mitigated. The problem is that gear becomes better and better the harder content you do.

Let's say that all gear had the exact same iLvl regardless of what difficulty you got it from but it had a special stat that only worked in the mode from where you got it.

A piece of mythic raid gear would be exactly the same as a piece of m0 gear but when you were in a raid it would be much much stronger.
    God bless you are not game designer.

Read what u just wrote one more time, and if u keep thinking this is a good idea, you should consider to stop posting on public forums, because u look like a fool.

Mmorpg is all about character progression. If u take that away u literally kill the game. Stop trying giving ideas in areas you are clearly clueless.

Just block direct player to player gold trading. No payment = no boosting.

the solution is painfully simple. Give the boosters their own group finder (boosters marketplace) and their own optional chat channel. Then just simply auto ban every single booster in the regular group finder and trade chat. People who buy boosts would voluntarily enter the boosting channel and the "market place" and the people, like me, who want them to simply stop exisiting, don't have to deal with them. Out of sight, out of mind. Boosters won't loose customers, as there are never anyone who see the ad in chat and go "Oh, that sounds like a good deal, lets buy a boost" Instead that customer base would follow the boosters, and the regular people would never have to see that shit again

Quote Originally Posted by Dilbon View Post
    Just block direct player to player gold trading. No payment = no boosting.
    ...my god your avatar legit matches your comment

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    If you don't like boosting don't boost? It's really not difficult.
    AchaeaKoralin - Are you still out there? | Classic Priest