Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    3+ Year Old Account
    'Member when people were saying that the rocket's icon change was just to make it look more similar to the mount itself, and had no other intent? I 'member.

weird thing going on the left where supposedly sex work should be considered real work, but then we also think anything that can be remotely viewed sexual should be turned into fruit? mixed ideas

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baleful View Post
    Twin Consorts -> Twin Empireans

Blizzard literally cancelling marriage lmfao
    Yes, but it is polygami so baaaad. Not a thought on the fact they are (or supposed to be) the only two female mogu alive, or it fitting with the emperor theme … nor the fact that consort can have different meaning from “wife”, but also companion - and in particular the spouse of a ruling monarch. Also how on earth does that name change make sense in this context?
    "Only Jack can zip up."
    The word you want to use is "have" not "of".
    You may have alot of stuff in your country, but we got Lolland.

Maybe they should change the name of the game. You know... WARcraft. And war is le bad and problematic.

Quote Originally Posted by Th3Scourge View Post
    Consorts = bad
    big love rocket = bad
    paintings of women = bad
    expressions of sexuality = bad
    blacklist = bad

killing opponents = good
    They're far from clean of saying/doing some stupid shit themselves, but I still deeply appreciate how an old PA sums up the situation:

Heroic: Twin Empyreans Name changed from "Heroic: Twin Consorts" to "Heroic: Twin Empyreans".
    This is the greatest amount of overcorrection I've ever seen in my entire life. Can't wait to see people inevitably defending this change as well

Looking forward to the cabbage patch zone with Storks delivering babies. And those poor orphan's in Children's week. Stuffing your face with treats in front of them.

To be honest this has the hallmarks of Blizzard all over it. Swing wildly to an extreme rather than attempting a sensible balance. It's (in my opinion, anyway) a medieval style fantasy setting yet they're removing things that would be normal in that setting because they don't work in modern day. It's as if players are too dumb to tell the difference in Blizzard's mind.
    Last edited by Jodmos; 2021-09-22 at 12:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakir View Post
    They're far from clean of saying/doing some stupid shit themselves, but I still deeply appreciate how an old PA sums up the situation:

Yeah I can go out and kill as many other players as I like. But one suggestive joke is TOO FAR

Quote Originally Posted by arandomuser View Post
    weird thing going on the left where supposedly sex work should be considered real work, but then we also think anything that can be remotely viewed sexual should be turned into fruit? mixed ideas
    two different camps vying for control of the narrative

[Rothulivic] [Twitch] [Twitter] Signature by Serryn

Quote Originally Posted by Th3Scourge View Post
    Yeah I can go out and kill as many other players as I like. But one suggestive joke is TOO FAR
    All while the meta narrative actively invites division and anger between players of factions and frames numerous story events around heinous shit that kills hundreds of thousands.

Forced impregnation is a canonical thing that HAPPENED to Alexstrasza and was acknowledged as recently as War Crimes. How we ended up here is absolutely bananas.

Quote Originally Posted by Bwonsamdi the Dead View Post
    Why is 'Big Love Rocket' bad? I don't get it
    It's a penis. Love rocket is slang for penis. Pink missile is slang for penis. The icon was a dildo. It's a penis.

I honestly dont get the big deal, teenagers have had sex and made penis jokes since the beginning of time.

Quote Originally Posted by Amnaught View Post
    It's a penis. Love rocket is slang for penis. Pink missile is slang for penis. The icon was a dildo. It's a penis.

I honestly dont get the big deal, teenagers have had sex and made penis jokes since the beginning of time.
    They'll have to get rid of the timewalking Mage Tower as towers are symbolic. Deep run tram, trains and tunnels, oh oh. Somebody somewhere will find something inappropriate about anything. (and the icon reminding me of the rocket ships from Flash Gordon from the 1930s albeit pink instead of silver)
    Last edited by Jodmos; 2021-09-22 at 12:15 AM.

As I recall, there is a line during/after some Dragonmaw quest where your character and some NPCs get stomped then the leader is like "Heh heh, you all can do whatever you want with them, creepy heh hehe." I could see that being changed too.

I better start using my succubus in raid instead of imp before they remove it from the game and replace it with the fat imp mothers from Argus/Broken Shore

Good to know Blizzard is part of the Anti-sex League

I didn't expect so many morbidly obese blue hairs to be playing where they had to remove anything sexual from the game since they weren't getting any of it in real life...

what is the point of renaming any of this, does absolutely nothing for the state of the game and the company itself. All it says is they want a feel good moment.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    The best part of this whole thing is people crying about changes that will have zero impact on them.

Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    The best part of this whole thing is people crying about changes that will have zero impact on them.
    So at point are we allow to be against these changes and voice our concerns?
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    I am all for changing bits of the game here and there to remove all the dick jokes and references that awful people have put in the game throughout the years... however renaming Twin Consorts is where I draw the line. Consort is a legitimate term used to describe partners of royalty. I also would bet that they leave Krasus as "Consort to the Queen" in Wyrmrest Temple, as they bloody should because Consort is not a sexual term, it's not an inappropriate term and should stay as it is

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skirdus View Post
    This is the greatest amount of overcorrection I've ever seen in my entire life. Can't wait to see people inevitably defending this change as well
    no, I think renaming Mac'aree is.

I mean sure, Eredreth is kinda cool sounding but to rename it because it *LOOKS* like the dude's name is just stupid.

Edit: I actually did a bit of digging and yeah, turns out it was named after him.

Mac'Aree was first mentioned in The Burning Crusade by the character Jessera of Mac'Aree, whose name is a reference to the Blizzard Lead Level Designer Jesse McCree. It would not be until 10 years after this initial mention that Mac'Aree was implemented in World of Warcraft.

Quest designer Jennifer Klasing, who worked on the Mac'Aree questing experience, disliked the fact that the city was indirectly named after a developer and therefore asked the voice actors to pronounce the name as "Muh-KAH-Ree".[1]

Apologies
    Last edited by SinR; 2021-09-22 at 01:07 AM.
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything