Quote Originally Posted by Foreign Exchange Ztudent View Post
    I've been concentrating on the reality that 9.1.5 is in Late October and the appeal to the public event will be around Mid-November where they outline their plans going ahead while probably showing off a CGI Cinematic, although there's some inkling that BFA's "CGI Cinematic during the Games' Cycle" were actually a "Last Hurrah" by the Cinematics Team as their budget may have been cut and only be used for Expansion Reveal Cinematics. So it is hard to tell. I would very much hope that's not the case as more CGI Cinematics would be very much preferential at this point.

I think in Blizzards' best interest it would be to do something big info wise in November, I do not believe in the info drought lasting until February's Blizzcon Event. It would affect their consumers and numbers far too much. However I feel we're in No Man's Land right now as there's no Ion interview by PCGamer to tell us to be ready for the next patch info cycle. We know 9.1.5 is most likely set for Mid/Late October and Classic Fresh news will be given soon. But, again I just do not see PR people at Blizzard leaving Q3 and Q4 without any hype for their properties as Overwatch is previewing Overwatch 2 at the Overwatch League Playoffs and Finals this week. It would be odd if they just leave WoW players without information for the remaining months of the year.
    It is not like they'll have anything to tell about WoW before February so might aswell keep everything for Blizzcon.

I'd like to think that they'd fix the lag in Oceanic servers with 9.1.5, but I'm not naive enough to hope for it.

I can't help but wonder if I'd have a better time connecting to a US server instead. Sure there'd be a bit of latency, but ExitLag would help with that, and both FF14 and SWTOR are playing smooth with its help.

Seriously, taking 10+ seconds to loot a single corpse and having skills fire off with massive delay is unacceptable.

These changes are getting dumber and dumber. What the actual fuck.
    X-45 Heartbreaker Name changed from "Big Love Rocket" to "X-45 Heartbreaker". Obtain the Big Love Rocket X-45 Heartbreaker from Apothecary Hummel in Shadowfang Keep during Love is in the Air. Account Wide.
    Heroic: Twin Empyreans Name changed from "Heroic: Twin Consorts" to "Heroic: Twin Empyreans". Defeat the Twin Consorts Empyreans in Throne of Thunder on Heroic difficulty. 10 points.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    Absolutely comical.

No one tell them about the Dragons' consort system that's been in the lore for decades.
    Last edited by GR8GODZILLAGOD; 2021-09-21 at 11:39 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by choom View Post
    Which one of those ropes can I hang myself with

Quote Originally Posted by GR8GODZILLAGOD View Post
    Absolutely comical.
    And to think I was considering a return if/when I sorted out the gross lag issue (see my previous post).

There is overkill, and then there is this. Methinks Chinavision-Jizzard has become staffed with woke SJW garbage.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xorzor View Post
    And to think I was considering a return if/when I sorted out the gross lag issue (see my previous post).

There is overkill, and then there is this. Methinks Chinavision-Jizzard has become staffed with woke SJW garbage.

@_@

Good lord such rage over stupid shit.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Nerf Now! has a take on this.

https://www.nerfnow.com/comic/2973
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

It's fun seeing all this going on. People pushed for this and are now mad Blizzard is doing it.

10+ Year Old Account
    This whole change thing has become absolutely asinine at this point. I totally understand removing Afrasiabi, McCree, & some of the more enticing stuff. But it feels like they are just now going after anything that could be construed as remotely PG+.

What especially drives me mad about this is that I'd understand if it were actually the employees driving this initiative. But given how far it has gone & to what lengths, it's increasingly hard to believe that employees are behind this as opposed to a PR firm. If it is a PR firm as I suspect, then really nothing is off limits for what might change. Just ask Sailor Moon fans who saw lesbian lovers turned into "cousins", or DBZ fans who have seen dead villains go straight to the HFIL. PR censorship is generally IMO fairly stupid & reckless, and usually doesn't seem to show any sort of loyalty or empathy to the source material.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    It also didn't have a blithering idiot helming the country at the time. It's not just about when they got hit.
    That blithering idiot that suggested inhibiting international travel while the blues were screaming "it's just a flu bro, don't be xyz-phobic."?

- - - Updated - - -

Lol. You can't make this shit up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AngerFork View Post
    This whole change thing has become absolutely asinine at this point. I totally understand removing Afrasiabi, McCree, & some of the more enticing stuff. But it feels like they are just now going after anything that could be construed as remotely PG+.

What especially drives me mad about this is that I'd understand if it were actually the employees driving this initiative. But given how far it has gone & to what lengths, it's increasingly hard to believe that employees are behind this as opposed to a PR firm. If it is a PR firm as I suspect, then really nothing is off limits for what might change. Just ask Sailor Moon fans who saw lesbian lovers turned into "cousins", or DBZ fans who have seen dead villains go straight to the HFIL. PR censorship is generally IMO fairly stupid & reckless, and usually doesn't seem to show any sort of loyalty or empathy to the source material.
    Considering whats going on, its not really shocking and removing an image of a woman with boobs hanging out but distorted..... its not that big of a loss.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Kereberus View Post
    It's fun seeing all this going on. People pushed for this and are now mad Blizzard is doing it.
    Who pushed for them to go this far? I only recall people wanting them to remove the names of scumbags from the game, and reform their work culture.

Quote Originally Posted by Gifdwarf View Post
    Who pushed for them to go this far? I only recall people wanting them to remove the names of scumbags from the game, and reform their work culture.
    Why make actual changes to the company when you can virtue signal by changing unrelated and harmless names in a game?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gifdwarf View Post
    I don't even think anyone really wanted name changing, but it's a tried and true way of faking improvements when drama like this is happening. Change meaningless names to show how concern you are and at the same time hire union-busting law firm and to make sure workers wont get too strong and too demanding. Oh, and they just hired an ex-Disney (which also treats workers badly) Chief People Officer (the what?) for their HR. So as expected, it's more about faking improvements and making sure that next scandal wont get revealed.
    Last edited by Makabreska; 2021-09-22 at 06:27 AM.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Ah yes, it's virtue signaling, so they get brownie points from the WoW community who is comparatively more bigoted than most gaming communities.

Makes absolute sense guys, real smooth brain thought process

Has anyone even seen a positive reaction to this? Calling virtue signaling makes no sense if everyone hates the change. Maybe, just maybe, they realized it is a game for kids, and stuff like "Big Love Rocket" isn't really appropriate. And before anyone comes into this discussion with the tired "OH BUT BLOOD AND STUFF IS OK AND WAR XD", yes, because the actual shown war and conflict is cartoony as hell. In fact, any time the game uses blood, it's extremely out and place (Siege of Orgrimmar/the Anduin cinematic).

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    Ah yes, it's virtue signaling, so they get brownie points from the WoW community who is comparatively more bigoted than most gaming communities.

Has anyone even seen a positive reaction to this? Calling virtue signaling makes no sense if everyone hates the change. Maybe, just maybe, they realized it is a game for kids, and stuff like "Big Love Rocket" isn't really appropriate. And before anyone comes into this discussion with the tired "OH BUT BLOOD AND STUFF IS OK AND WAR XD", yes, because the actual shown war and conflict is cartoony as hell. In fact, any time the game uses blood, it's extremely out and place (Siege of Orgrimmar/the Anduin cinematic).

Like I said, these chanegs are a smokescreen that is used broadly when similar situations occur in the industry. And BfA conflict was hardly cartoony, with nelves screaming while being burned alive in Old Soldier cinematic, or Tyrande/Malf remorselessly killing Horde later.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

They're not doing this to please WoW players. It is all PR stunt to make them look good to the outside investors.

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    They're not doing this to please WoW players. It is all PR stunt to make them look good to the outside investors.
    Damn, I am sure the outside investors are thrilled that a boss from 4 expansions ago got renamed. Blizzard stocks must be up by 500% right about now.

I can't wait for Blizzard to virtue signal to outside investors next year by releasing a good expansion, because anything Blizzard does is just virtue signalling.

If you genuinely think any outside investors care or even hear about that change, you are insanely deluded.

7+ Year Old Account
    Damn, I am sure the outside investors are thrilled that a boss from 4 expansions ago got renamed. Blizzard stocks must be up by 500% right about now.

I can't wait for Blizzard to virtue signal to outside investors next year by releasing a good expansion, because anything Blizzard does is just virtue signalling.

If you genuinely think any outside investors care or even hear about that change, you are insanely deluded.
    Of course they wont care about SPECIFIC changes, but talk about being deluded when you think that they wont care about general improvements (fake or not) after the scandal, when they themselves sued Blizz over covering California State investigation. Blizz wont tell them in the quarterly report that they changed boobie painting. They will simply tell them "we have made meaningful (lol) changes".
    Last edited by Makabreska; 2021-09-22 at 08:19 AM.

It's so pathetic, it's just funny at this point.

They really are coming for Illidan's pimp cave, I'm sure of it. They probably replace all women with imps or some shit.

Anyway, let them sterilize their game until it is even more lifeless than it already is.

- - - Updated - - -

Wow is one of the most boomer games in existence right now. Even if they want this game to be for kids, the only kids playing wow are those whose parents got them to play it.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.