Poll: Should Shadowlands skip 9.3, to make 10.0 come out sooner?

Page 14 of 25 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    They should've been humbled by BfA. They weren't.
    Neither they have by SL, as evidenced e.g.in the dev comments about them 'pulling the ripcord'. Pure, unadulterated BS.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Failure to stop Zovaal is the fucking end of the universe. That's how far it has escalated. We don't get to deal with failing to stop him after everything has been nuked.
    I don't remember reading that anywhere. He goes to the Sepulcre for something related to the First Ones that would help him to redo the universe at his whims. They never say how anywhere. The only ones that know are Zovaal and Sylvannas, and they never told us.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonkbonk100 View Post
    And it could result in people with even less talent, making the game a bigger turd than it currently is. You don't know. None of us do, but your argument is basically "just hope it's gonna be good guys k"
    that is not my argument at all. im just saying with the whole internal stuff happening right now. it COULD help the game in the long run or completely dumpster fire it.

Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    Thats actually the big issue here. In their Heads BfA was a good and successful expansion, when it was in fact worse than WoD.

They honestly believe 8.2 saved everything and everyone was happy after that, while it was basically bandaid and they completely forgot about the 8.3 disaster.
    Of course it was. Those icky entitled gamers just didn't know as well as the devs did.

I don't think it's even in question anymore.

There is no way there will be a 9.3.

Didn't vote because the second part of the question should be '10.0 to come out on time'

10.0 would be getting announced this year if we were running on schedule. They should cut their losses and focus on the next one rather than pouring more resources into this steaming pile of dogshit.

And they better pray that 9.2 hits the PTR as soon as 9.1.5 is released, because there is next to no content right now. Korthia is probably the worst zone ever added in a patch

Quote Originally Posted by Feral Druid ist Op View Post
    the blizzcon is set and we will have the conclusion of SL before that so they can talk about 10.0 followed by the sylvanas book
    Only if you assume there's want to release 10.0 in 2022, which is not a given...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    Only if you assume there's want to release 10.0 in 2022, which is not a given...
    With regular release schedule 10.0 should release in 2022, but with the company being a complete shitshow it probably won't release before late 2023/early 2024.

Quote Originally Posted by pacotaco View Post
    I don't remember reading that anywhere. He goes to the Sepulcre for something related to the First Ones that would help him to redo the universe at his whims. They never say how anywhere. The only ones that know are Zovaal and Sylvannas, and they never told us.
    the Primus literally said "if zovaal reaches the whatever the name of that zone is everything you know will be un done" so there is no fail the stop him deal here
    I.O BFA Season 3

Quote Originally Posted by Feral Druid ist Op View Post
    the Primus literally said "if zovaal reaches the whatever the name of that zone is everything you know will be un done" so there is no fail the stop him deal here
    We still don't know how that works. For example, it could be that the First Ones are sleeping/deactivated, and Zovaal awake/reactivate them and we have to stop them or they start "reordering" the universe.

With the rate blizzard is losing people, they will only have the janitors left to finish the game

- - - Updated - - -

They may not have a choice. Quite will suffer because moral is low, unhappy staff
    Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Legion was good because first of all, they were humbled by WoD.

They should've been humbled by BfA. They weren't.
    Oh, I absolutely agree, but after two failures back to back the third expansion has to be amazing, right? If not, it doesn't matter as this company and the WoW team have clearly reached the end and should stop the development on WoW altogether.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    Would you rather Blizzard delay 10.0 until 2023, or have 9.2 as the last patch in the beg of 2022 with a 10-11 month content draught leading to 10.0. Or you could have 9.2 in Jan, 9.3 in August, and 10.0 in May/June 2023.

I would rather they just give us a decent last patch with no bullshit systems. Let us play that for nearly a year, and have the team full speed ahead making 10.0 good. Get 9.2 out and start Alpha asap, pref in the Spring of 2022, that way we have plenty of time for feedback to be "hopefully" listened to.
    No, they should not skip 9.3, it'll make Shadowlands even worse than it is to be rushed out the door without closing the current open chapters. The current topics open seem too much for a 9.2 patch alone.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by pacotaco View Post
    We still don't know how that works. For example, it could be that the First Ones are sleeping/deactivated, and Zovaal awake/reactivate them and we have to stop them or they start "reordering" the universe.
    It doesn't matter. It's not something we can just ignore for a few years. It's a do-now-or-never kind of situation.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

They should pull a WoD on SL as quickly as possible.

Cut their losses. Two bad expansions in a row (BfA/SL) is unacceptable. Put all time/effort into the next expansion. Most importantly, focus on a good f*cking story/lore. Get rid of Ion and the Ion mindset, that imagines people get excited over expansions because of the mere systems they have above all else - which inevitably get scrapped after the expansion anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    No, they should not skip 9.3, it'll make Shadowlands even worse than it is to be rushed out the door without closing the current open chapters. The current topics open seem too much for a 9.2 patch alone.
    How so? We go to Zereth Mortis, kill Jailer and in the epiloque make Sylvanas the new Arbiter. Easy enough to wrap up in 9.2.

How so? We go to Zereth Mortis, kill Jailer and in the epiloque make Sylvanas the new Arbiter. Easy enough to wrap up in 9.2.
    Yeah, I really don't know what people are expecting at this point. The Shadowlands' story is basically finished when we defeat Zovaal. There's nothing left besides that. All of the four (or five) base Shadowlands zones got their storylines wrapped up in 9.1. The only thing left is killing / imprisoning Zovaal and one content patch is more than enough to do that. Sure, there are some minor side stories (Muezhala, Helya), but they really don't matter much.

Remember when all of the decade spanning N'zoth storyline was squeezed into one awful content patch? Zovaal has maybe 1/10 of that amount of story. They made Nyalotha and N'zoth one f* content patch, they can easily do the same with Zovaal (which is, by far, worse and less interesting in every aspect).
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

10+ Year Old Account
    Rather not have Sylvanas as the new Arbiter, but Sylvanas' storyline is unknown as well unless I've missed something, for too many weird fans want her to be the next arbiter - not to mention Anduin's storyline. And following the death of the Jailer, we still have his domination scheme which is most likely going to take place in the same patch, we still have a storyline being fed after the Night Warrior, and following that, we still have the open topic of the Sire and the Dreadlords free, not to mention two questionable cartels of Brokers. As well, there are a few fan demands of characters missing still to be seen if they were to build the actual world, and not just a raid.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    Rather not have Sylvanas as the new Arbiter, but Sylvanas' storyline is unknown as well unless I've missed something, for too many weird fans want her to be the next arbiter
    What else can they do to redeem her?
    not to mention Anduin's storyline.
    Anduin's PTSD will be used in future stoeylines, no need to wrap it up in Shadowlands.
    And following the death of the Jailer, we still have his domination scheme which is most likely going to take place in the same patch,
    We kill Jailer, why should we worry about his magic afterwards?
    we still have a storyline being fed after the Night Warrior, and following that,
    Night Warrior (and Drust for that matter) can and should return in the future when we go to Elune's realm.
    we still have the open topic of the Sire and the Dreadlords free,
    If we don't kill them all in 9.2 raid (Malganis for sure will be boss there), they can be used in future content as the go to Scheming Evil like Dreadlords always have been.
    not to mention two questionable cartels of Brokers.
    They're basically Ethereals... so just Ethereal em.
    As well, there are a few fan demands of characters missing still to be seen if they were to build the actual world, and not just a raid.
    Do we really want them to ruin anymore past characters by bringing them back this expansion?

What else can they do to redeem her?
    I posted something in the speculation thread a while ago. Making her the arbiter doesn't make much sense, she is still a mortal and not a sorting machine with high processing ability. What would make sense though is making her into zovaal 2.0, she essentially reforms the 5th covenant sigil because she channeled his power of death and spend alot of time in the maw. Add some McGuffin from the Primus and we have our new sigil. When we beat the janitor back into the broomcloset, she will become the head honcho of the maw and the jailer of the janitor, while giving the sigil to the arbiter again (that is aleady capable of processing souls and just needs a power source). The order is restored and she attones by watching over the damned in the maw, while slowly working towards freeing all the souls that were unjustly put there. She gets to attone but won't be the focal point of the machine of death.

I agree with the rest.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.