Page 84 of 109 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by AryuFate View Post
    So feminism sucks unless it makes Blizzard look bad?
    Yes, women NEVER did anything wrong and are always innocent, there's never any double standards or corruption wiith women. They are complete angels and they should be protected at the cost of male life, forever.

Can't wait to get cancel cultured for saying that women aren't innocent little beings of light that never do anything wrong. Good bye cruel world.
    Last edited by nvaelz; 2021-08-26 at 07:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by nvaelz View Post
    Yes, women NEVER did anything wrong and are always innocent, there's never any double standards or corruption wiith women. They are complete angels and they should be protected at the cost of male life, forever.

Can't wait to get cancel cultured for saying that women aren't innocent little beings of light that never do anything wrong. Good bye cruel world.
    Wait.

How does "women aren't angels" translate into "women are second class humans whose only purpose in life is to be sexually available, breed and make sandwiches"?

Cuz roughly 99% of feminism is just like BLM...as in its just asking to be treated normally.

Blizzard Entertainment chief legal officer resigns

Claire Hart announced her departure from Blizzard today, after three years with the company.

The chief legal officer at Blizzard Entertainment departed the company on Friday. Claire Hart filled that role for three years, but announced her resignation on LinkedIn today.

"After more than three years at Blizzard Entertainment, I have decided to move on to my next adventure. Friday was my last day," Hart wrote. "The past three years have been full of unexpected twists and turns, but I feel honored to have worked with and met so many great people at Blizzard and across the Activision Blizzard businesses.

"I'll be taking a short break before making my next move. Stay tuned!"

While Hart's departure comes amid a highly publicized harassment lawsuit at Activision Blizzard, Hart doesn't mention that in relation to her resignation. We've reached out to Hart for comment, and will update if we hear back.

The harassment lawsuit has recently prompted the SEC to investigate Activision Blizzard's handling of employee compains about sexual misconduct and discrimination, with several company executives—including CEO Bobby Kotick—subject to subpoenas.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    That's surprising the SEC didn't wake up when Bobby does insider trading on a regular basis, the good news for them is the SEC usually just hands out small slap on the wrist fines of little to no consequence.

Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    That's surprising the SEC didn't wake up when Bobby does insider trading on a regular basis, the good news for them is the SEC usually just hands out small slap on the wrist fines of little to no consequence.
    Unlikely. Apparently this lawyer was more involved in contract law, so she's likely just getting out before shit hits the fan too much.

As for insider trading, that's not what the SEC is looking into. They're looking into whether or not ATVI appropriately disclosed the scope of the CA investigation and the legal jeopardy that they were in to investors, because it sure seems like ATVI spent years hoping that if they downplayed it significantly that it would mean that the results would be in their favor.

Sadly though you're right, they'll probably get a small slap on the wrist by the SEC to remind companies that they're still a thing and totes enforcing laws and regulations.

Bloodsail Admiral
    3+ Year Old Account
    The SEC fines aren't as big as what the stock hit will be. Legally the SEC can't do $500M fines, so it's not so much the SEC slapping on the wrist as their legal limitations. They can still put leadership in Federal prison, and stockholders aren't usually thrilled with companies that are found to have intentionally mislead investors. This is a nervous time I'm sure in the C suite at Blizzard, or it should be. Dealing with a state investigation is bad enough, but Blizzard messed up badly enough in their response with destruction of evidence, etc. that they called in the SEC, and that's not good. The ATVI stock price had an over 4% drop in value today after the WSJ article dropped, which is over $2 BILLION that was lost today and far exceeds any fine the SEC can legally do. So the SEC is effective even if it's not handing out $2B fines directly.

this and what, two new lawsuits being brought against Activision Blizzard? and Kotick got subpoenaed??? things keep looking worse and worse. I don't want to sound like a right wing reactionary but I totally expect them to make (not) Jesse McCree a trans man now. just really go full on clown shoes, Blizz.

Quote Originally Posted by Biglog View Post
    The SEC fines aren't as big as what the stock hit will be. Legally the SEC can't do $500M fines, so it's not so much the SEC slapping on the wrist as their legal limitations. They can still put leadership in Federal prison, and stockholders aren't usually thrilled with companies that are found to have intentionally mislead investors. This is a nervous time I'm sure in the C suite at Blizzard, or it should be. Dealing with a state investigation is bad enough, but Blizzard messed up badly enough in their response with destruction of evidence, etc. that they called in the SEC, and that's not good. The ATVI stock price had an over 4% drop in value today after the WSJ article dropped, which is over $2 BILLION that was lost today and far exceeds any fine the SEC can legally do. So the SEC is effective even if it's not handing out $2B fines directly.
    The markets are down and have been on a down trend due to nervousness around China so I wouldn't put it all on the SEC. I can't remember the last time the SEC put anyone worth a dam in jail, they are usually late the to the party. When I started trading the SEC scared the shit out of companies, emergency compliance meetings used to pop up nowadays they are a joke. Congress has defanged the SEC no one takes them seriously, frankly the only threat to Blizzard is the lawsuit by activist investors.

The investigations are all going to results in small fines (comparative to their worth), the other remote threat could be unionization but I am not holding my breath on that one.

tfw ur teammate dc's because he knows you are going to lose

Bobby Kotick Subpoenaed

I wonder how many paintings are they gonna have to update to save themselves from this one?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloomer View Post
    Bobby Kotick Subpoenaed

I wonder how many paintings are they gonna have to update to save themselves from this one?
    This calls for some serious zone renamings and gender benders. Im genuinely afraid for Thrall

15+ Year Old Account
    WoW is sinking, Blizzard is sinking.
    I'm only sad this will probably affect my favorite game franchise of all time, Diablo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Strawberry View Post
    WoW is sinking, Blizzard is sinking.
    I'm only sad this will probably affect my favorite game franchise of all time, Diablo.
    Just wait for them to be bought by amazon of dysney and laundried in media within a week after the purchase. This enormous smearing campaign has to have some mergers and acquisitions planned behind it
    Last edited by Yadryonych; 2021-09-22 at 07:46 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yadryonych View Post
    Just wait for the to be bought by amazon of dysney and laundried in media within a week after the purchase. This enormous smearing campaign has to have some mergers and acquisitions planned behind it
    You might be right.

Quote Originally Posted by Yadryonych View Post
    Just wait for them to be bought by amazon of dysney and laundried in media within a week after the purchase. This enormous smearing campaign has to have some mergers and acquisitions planned behind it
    Smearing campaign is a funny way to put idiots got caught redhanded and company that swept it under the rug is now finding that there's a cost to doing that if people find out.

While I'm sure your fears are totally justified no need to justify pretty obviously shitty behavior because your sparkly light box company that raised you is having trouble.
    Last edited by shimerra; 2021-09-22 at 01:34 PM.
    “Logic: The art of thinking and reasoning in strict accordance with the limitations and incapacities of the human misunderstanding.”
    "Conservative, n: A statesman who is enamored of existing evils, as distinguished from the Liberal who wishes to replace them with others."
    Ambrose Bierce
    The Bird of Hermes Is My Name, Eating My Wings To Make Me Tame.

15+ Year Old Account
    Could Activision be parting ways with Blizz over this?
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

Quote Originally Posted by Frolk View Post
    Could Activision be parting ways with Blizz over this?
    Activision-Blizzard would need to sell off Blizzard, and that's extremely unlikely.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Activision-Blizzard would need to sell off Blizzard, and that's extremely unlikely.
    watch them sell blizzard to EA.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Quote Originally Posted by The Council View Post
    watch them sell blizzard to EA.
    Why would EA want to purchase Blizzard or their IP's? It wouldn't be cheap and EA wouldn't really gain anything strategic for their portfolio.

15+ Year Old Account
    The only company that would buy blizzard is microsoft, but they're not gonna touch them with a 10 foot pole right now