Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ohwell View Post
    Except this topic has been beaten to death on these forums and the last time it popped up with the most recent one, it was pretty much proven that you're not correct.
    how is that not proven correct? lmao, it is literally state in the shatrering books how the rules work, there is no confusion. It is even reinforced latter in one of the comics where Fenris face off his father.
    The rules have wildly differed in many cases where they remained unstated and the only times that certain ones were adhered to specifically were ones where they were laid out before the event(thrall vs garrosh I think specifically said no magic). So, no, it is in fact how it works.
    The rules wildly differr exactly because what i said, it is changed from the original ones on the spot to adapt the fighters and the moment they are, because obviously, most of the time, they do not have enough time to proper do the ritual.

You need to have established rules in the first place so they can differ, change or adapt, you cannot change rules of something without rules.

It's not that it's confusing. The writing is just dogshit.

How Danuser has a job, I have no idea

Ok I do understand but that the souls of Teldrazzil and Azeroth is so important does not make sense if there are thousands of thousands of world.

Quote Originally Posted by geco View Post
    Ok I do understand but that the souls of Teldrazzil and Azeroth is so important does not make sense if there are thousands of thousands of world.
    They are only important because kaldorei are the "favorites" of Elune and she's the sister of the Queen. And they had a purpose to fulfill in Ardenweald.

We initially come to help only because Ysera cares about Tyrande and wanted to help Shandris find her back. We then got involved in the research of kaldorei spirits when we followed Tyrande's trail.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grythletubs View Post
    SL does not feel like an afterlife at all.

I feel like it removed the impact of any character death in the game. like "oh hey theyre actually not dead lol".
    Like Blizzard might as well invent that there's another afterlife for the inhabitants of shadowlands that die there, it would make as much sense as the current story.
    Funny part is that everytime this is mentioned I just can't help remembering the book Brothers Lionheart by Astrid Lindgren, where this is the case.
    Spoiler warning:
    The brothers in the book dies twice, first time ending up in a world that is seemingly paradise but still filled with danger making them end up in the next as well.

That Steven really thinks we need to pay a sub fee to hear about how much he wants to fuck sylvanas. Its like if FF13 charged rent.

Quote Originally Posted by DatToffer View Post
    They are only important because kaldorei are the "favorites" of Elune and she's the sister of the Queen. And they had a purpose to fulfill in Ardenweald.
    But didn't they all just go to the Maw?

We initially come to help only because Ysera cares about Tyrande and wanted to help Shandris find her back. We then got involved in the research of kaldorei spirits when we followed Tyrande's trail.
    They are important to Sylvanas and the Jailer. That was why it was so important to cause so many deaths in Azeroth.

Although it is only one world among millions so it really shouldn't even change the value.

In other words. Sylvanas could do nothing and the jailer would have the same power and could win because Azeroth hadn't gotten in the way.

Quote Originally Posted by geco View Post
    They are important to Sylvanas and the Jailer. That was why it was so important to cause so many deaths in Azeroth.

Although it is only one world among millions so it really shouldn't even change the value.

In other words. Sylvanas could do nothing and the jailer would have the same power and could win because Azeroth hadn't gotten in the way.
    Yeah you're just making the point that burning Teldrassil was stupid and even though they tried three times to explain why she did it, it's still stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Mic_128 View Post
    But didn't they all just go to the Maw?
    Yeah, that was the unplanned part.

Yeah you're just making the point that burning Teldrassil was stupid and even though they tried three times to explain why she did it, it's still stupid.
    I'm saying that all BFA and SW is stupid. Because those souls are not helping the careclero.
    In other words, all Sylvanas did up to now was disrupt the jailer's plan.

Since wow writers do not care about story/lore consistency its pointless to bother "understanding" it.

There is nothing to understand since its all subject to whatever Daloser and his rejects feel like at the moment.

Shadowlands is so full of absolutely moronic lore/story decisions and inconsistencies that it makes BFA look almost sensical.

Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    Yeah, but that's not how it worked in the past. I get that it seems to work that way now, but nobody really knows. Not even Blizzard probably.
    Mak'gora has literally never been consistent. It's just an excuse to have a duel decide something because it's more dramatic that way.

Really Warcraft lore being inconsistent is a rule, not an exception. WC3 is hailed as this holy grail but it was absolutely choke full of retcons, especially but not uniquely regarding the Orcs and their history and everything surrounding the demons and Sargeras. Metzen largely saw continuity as a hindrance to being able to just write whatever coke-fueled shit he found awesome at the time, and the current writers continue with the same spirit, albeit perhaps fewer drugs. In terms of sheer disregard for continuity and characters, Shadowlands is still nowhere near as bad as TBC.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

Yeah, that was the unplanned part.
    I thought that was the plan. Burn down the tree to send their souls to the shadow realm the maw?

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    that is not how it works, they stated in the shattering that there is the determinate and default rules, the participants can, whoever, change and adapt things based on the situation/context, like the makgora between the shaman and the paladin, it was adapted for the context they were in, cause it would not be practical.

the default rules were used by Garrosh and Cairne: participants are in loincloth, there are witness, a shaman bless their weapons, only one weapon for each, if it falls you use your fists, and to the death.

As it is a fight for honor, it can be absurd advantages, like using weapons and bs magic against someone who just use weapons. The thing is, they screwed up with Thrall and Garrosh fight, and had to do mental and lore gymnastics to not make it look like Thrall cheated.
    If magic is never allowed then casters would have a 100% lose rate against melee fighters. Good luck mage we just took away 99.9999% of your arsenal, have fun beating on a prot warrior used to taking beatings that would shatter your bones while yawning.

The biggest part of new lore that confuses me is that anyone actually likes it.

Quote Originally Posted by Itori View Post
    All of warlords of draenor, its like….why…why was that an expansion.
    Because they had a movie to cross promote.

- - - Updated - - -

So WoD and Legion established that there's only a singular Burning Legion but they can attack multiple timelines.
    The Nathrezim came from Revendreth, so I assume that means there's a singular Shadowlands as well. Then does that mean souls from countless realities are being sent to the singular Shadowlands? Should we have multiple Drakkas running around the Shadowlands? Is WoD's Velen somewhere in the Shadowlands?

Quote Originally Posted by Mic_128 View Post
    I thought that was the plan. Burn down the tree to send their souls to the shadow realm the maw?
    That's the third justification.
    The first was she did it to spite Delaryn and kill all hope in the kaldorei. (Warbringer cinematic)
    The second was she did it to make sure the Horde and Alliance get tangled in a total war. (Deduction from her association with Azshara)

Quote Originally Posted by LarryFromHumanResources View Post
    I'm glad someone finally pointed this out because I've been taking a look at how different fantasy universes do magic for inspiration and Arcane is literally described as being a force of Order

Yet it's SIMULTANEOUSLY described as being extremely volatile.

From the WoWpedia:

"Order is most commonly perceived in reality as arcane magic. Arcane energy is innately volatile, and wielding it requires intense precision and concentration."

It doesn't make sense. It cannot both be a "cold and intellectal magic" (also stated on WoWPedia) and "innately volatile."

Volatility and chaos go hand in hand, not volatility and order.

What they should have done, is have Arcane be easy to manipulate and control but not as powerful as Fel, with Fel then being difficult to manipulate and controæ but far more powerful.
    I don't see how this is "retconned".

Magic exists in a unstable form
    Arcane entities manipulate and add order and control to magic to wield it.

Fel entities embrace it's chaotic nature and allow it to manipulate them (thus causing mutations and demonization).

In both cases magic is still magic. Demons are still attracted to it, in both it's fel and arcane form.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowmatrix View Post
    If magic is never allowed then casters would have a 100% lose rate against melee fighters. Good luck mage we just took away 99.9999% of your arsenal, have fun beating on a prot warrior used to taking beatings that would shatter your bones while yawning.
    thats the point m8, orcish society is build in physical strength and muscle power, to see who is more fit to lead the clan, they did not have mages, they had shamans that served as spiritual guides advisors or second leadership, they only became a leader if there is no one else better. So magic isn't something remotely considered.

In second, just to just throw your logic back at you, melee fighters would 100% lose the fights against magic users, as we can see in THREE mak'gora interactions where it was used: Thrall effortless and after being beaten to a pulp used all the elements he could do win, Gul'dan effortlessly, suck the soul out of Durotan and Sylvanas just blast Saurfang ass to a trinket. 100% winrate.

Also, in this logic, poison would be allowed, because what else rogues would use? and Garrosh x Cairne would not be considered cheat

Magic was only used in fairness when the shaman and the paladin face each other, where both had magic, they agreed on the terms, otherwise is straight up cheat.

Warcraft™ is a story about The Jailer's minions pretending to fight each other.