Bloodsail Admiral Foreign Exchange Ztudent's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felis igneus View Post
    The garrosh line was removed ages ago. If they had planned to do anything about him they would have probably started by killing off his NPCs.
    Also the Garrosh Line was removed due to an individual employee having their children encounter the line when they were going through Silverpine Forest levelling. This feedback then lead to the change after discussion with the team. Danuser explained that it was to make the future generations of children better people.

Totally fine with me even if a bit odd in context.

Again, I will say there's a lot of cognitive dissonance at play here when you consider the subject matter of World of Warcraft. But, at the end of the day if their beliefs are set in stone that WoW needs to be purified. So be it. No one can stop them, it's just they could inform the playerbase about their plans on purification of the sins and debauchery that WoW has instead of actively gaslighting us for the next two months and beyond. There's no context here.

If the paintings was made by a disgraced asset designer/The Love Rocket was created by a disgraced developer (outside of the obvious sexual imagery and sexual innuendo to a big cock) and the Twin Consorts lore was constructed by Afrasiabi. Then, sure. But, there's no context here and also Empyrean has a weird connotation, as well when it gets attributed to a pair of women. But, again this whole thing just comes off as very strange and there's no telling where the buck will stop.
    Last edited by Foreign Exchange Ztudent; 2021-09-22 at 03:46 PM.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felis igneus View Post
    The garrosh line was removed ages ago. If they had planned to do anything about him they would have probably started by killing off his NPCs.
    If I remember right the garrosh line was removed about the same time he was fired so it could have been th writing team doing what little they could to spite him.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Foreign Exchange Ztudent View Post
    Also the Garrosh Line was removed due to an individual employee having their children encounter the line when they were going through Silverpine Forest levelling. This feedback then lead to the change after discussion with the team. Danuser explained that it was to make the future generations of children better people.

Totally fine with me even if a bit odd in context.
    The line always sounded weird even in context. Calling Sylvanas a bitch is borderline swearing, and WoW has never really been the kind of story that has characters do that. At worst we get mentions of hell a few times.

The pictures could have been removed by someone who was told to simply go through all their assets and note all the ones that at a glance seemed questionable. There are not that many assets like that added ever, so yo ucould probably have someone go through it all in a day.
    Once you have the assets noted you have to either remove them or change them, and since assets like that are in high demand for enviroment designers it was probably decided that someone should just quickly make something to replace them.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

10+ Year Old Account
    I think there's a bit of overthinking some of the sanitizing of the game. They're probably doing it to show good faith. Not in relation to good gameplay yadda yadda. No boiling frog or any psuedo intel stuff.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    The line always sounded weird even in context. Calling Sylvanas a bitch is borderline swearing, and WoW has never really been the kind of story that has characters do that. At worst we get mentions of hell a few times.

The pictures could have been removed by someone who was told to simply go through all their assets and note all the ones that at a glance seemed questionable. There are not that many assets like that added ever, so yo ucould probably have someone go through it all in a day.
    Once you have the assets noted you have to either remove them or change them, and since assets like that are in high demand for enviroment designers it was probably decided that someone should just quickly make something to replace them.
    IF you think about it, the Bitch line was fitting, but a bit awkward, even in cata I was like.. okey sounds weird. It wasn't like WOW what is he saying!? but more like.. oke.. weird, but lets continue questing. The game was always more with lines like: Tiny insects! or you evil monster! which is stupid as well, but more in line with 12+ game how it realy is.

God.. nearly 30 and I still play this 12+ game lol.. don't think about it.

7+ Year Old Account
    I'm honestly surprised they haven't changed the "Hush Tyrande" line in WoE yet.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    Calling Sylvanas a bitch is borderline swearing, and WoW has never really been the kind of story that has characters do that. At worst we get mentions of hell a few times.
    Bitch, bastard, hell, crap, damn, piss, arse and whore have been used before in various WoW media. At this point, the game is only rated T because of alcohol.

Quote Originally Posted by Gifdwarf View Post
    Bitch, bastard, hell, damn, arse and whore have been used before in various WoW media. At this point, the game is only rated T because of alcohol.
    Sylvanus herself called Arthas a son of a bitch in WC3 but that made it through Reforged. I don't understand any of it.
    Last edited by Pebrocks The Warlock; 2021-09-22 at 05:18 PM.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

1+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    I'm honestly surprised they haven't changed the "Hush Tyrande" line in WoE yet.
    Even I consider that line to be sexist when it was added. I actually would not mind if that was changed at all compared to the other changes. Especially after Tyrande's Silence debacle in WoD. I thought they changed the line during that controversy. But, I guess not.

Honestly I always found Garrosh's line delivery there to be a bit awkward anyway. Like it felt forced in there or something, I guess.

Maybe like a kid trying to be insulting, putting too much emphasis? Which I guess does kind of fit Garrosh a bit, heh.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    If I remember right the garrosh line was removed about the same time he was fired so it could have been th writing team doing what little they could to spite him.
    You are right, it was in 2020.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    IF you think about it, the Bitch line was fitting, but a bit awkward, even in cata I was like.. okey sounds weird. It wasn't like WOW what is he saying!? but more like.. oke.. weird, but lets continue questing. The game was always more with lines like: Tiny insects! or you evil monster! which is stupid as well, but more in line with 12+ game how it realy is.

God.. nearly 30 and I still play this 12+ game lol.. don't think about it.
    It was definitely awkward and out of nowhere there and in Shadowfang Keep with Godfrey since other than the one time in WC3, bitch hadn’t been used, especially not in that context. I didn’t mind it being there but it definitely stuck out like a sore thumb.
    Quote Originally Posted by choom View Post
    Which one of those ropes can I hang myself with

Even I consider that line to be sexist when it was added. I actually would not mind if that was changed at all compared to the other changes. Especially after Tyrande's Silence debacle in WoD. I thought they changed the line during that controversy. But, I guess not.
    Exactly because of creatures like you has wow been reduced to a literal joke.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vasoka View Post
    *shakes fist angrily*
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

1+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vasoka View Post
    In the grand scheme of things, the desexualization and censorship is not very big on the totem pole of issues that the game currently has.
    Last edited by Foreign Exchange Ztudent; 2021-09-22 at 07:47 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    In the grand scheme of things, the desexualization and censorship is not very big on the totem pole of issues that the game currently has.
    Its pretty insignificant in the grand scheme of things.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Here's the thing - having a sexist character in your fictional work does not mean that the writer is sexist. How you use that character is indicative, however. Modernity has lost this nuance. Instead of seeing how these characters are used (most of which are used to overtly condemn sexism or their other negative traits), modern discourse equates existence with endorsement.

Quote Originally Posted by draugril View Post
    Here's the thing - having a sexist character in your fictional work does not mean that the writer is sexist. How you use that character is indicative, however. Modernity has lost this nuance. Instead of seeing how these characters are used (most of which are used to overtly condemn sexism or their other negative traits), modern discourse equates existence with endorsement.
    Well for one characters like Lei Shen doesnt really have anything that makes him having litearl trophy wives relevant other than that I guess it is something old emperors tended to have. Ironically even teh game itself almost treats them like trophy wives, they have no lore associated with them, they are only there to look cool and different from the other bosses.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    Sylvanus herself called Arthas a son of a bitch in WC3 but that made it through Reforged. I don't understand any of it.
    Of course they'll ignore that because they are quite happy to be hypocrites.

People who call that Garrosh line "sexist" never cease to amaze me. By the time of Cata dead elf already had a major failure to her name, and the undead were not quite respectable members of the horde. So she goes ahead and commits an act, considered horrific by Garrosh and most living creatures of the world right in front of his eyes, then brags smugly about it. He lets her live, because he needs allies, but -oh my- used a harsh word with her! How dared he!
    It's not like she was expected to follow orders as a military commander, no. She's a woman, you see. You never use harsh words with women, even if they are parts of chain of command under your control and evil wretches at the same time.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    These changes are getting dumber and dumber. What the actual fuck.
    Okay now I'm joining the train of fucking stupid changes.

We've hit the point where they're just throwing shit at the wall to try and make us forget that the State of California is sueing them twice, a Union on behalf of employees is sueing them once, and the Federal SEC is sueing them once.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)