Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Yuelle View Post
    I hope they remove all combat because combat is violent and violence should not be encouraged. Everyone needs to feel safe.
    nononon,thats not the good christian american way

drinking/sex/expression=BAD
    war/violence/GUNZ=good

I guess the removal of Garrosh's line was a slippery slope after all. Can't wait to see what gets redacted in the future.
    The absolute state of Warcraft lore in 2021:
    Kyrians: We need to keep chucking people into the Maw because it's our job.
    Also Kyrians: Why is the Maw growing stronger despite all our efforts?

Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    I guess the removal of Garrosh's line was a slippery slope after all. Can't wait to see what gets redacted in the future.
    The door is finally open to remove Garithos' hate speech, and replace it with how the blood elves need to die because they stole his lunch from the office fridge.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    Well people are putting bets on Den of Mortal Delights or Elisande's Secret Quarters being up next to get scrubbed. I just wonder how long till they reach the point of giving characters like Yrel and Garona new 'true backstories'.
    Elune: "My sister needed Anima so I let my favoured people die. What is this 'Maw' you speak of?"
    Daily reminder that Steam has never had a monopoly on PC Gaming, don't mistake age and popularity for domination.
    Because people don't understand words: Forced and Necessity

Quote Originally Posted by Darknessvamp View Post
    Well people are putting bets on Den of Mortal Delights or Elisande's Secret Quarters being up next to get scrubbed. I just wonder how long till they reach the point of giving characters like Yrel and Garona new 'true backstories'.
    Den of Mortal Delights will be on the chopping block, guaranteed. Elisande's Quarters will be fine as she's a woman. She might get a pair of trousers and a t-shirt though since her outfit is pretty skimpy.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Inoculate View Post
    I'm amazed people care what the relationship of pixel bosses from 3 expansions ago was. Do you really jave nothing more productive to dedicate thoughts to?
    Idk, it's fun. Some people like complaining about ridiculous overcorrections, you enjoy complaining about these people. It's a win-win situation honestly.

15+ Year Old Account
    Reading their dungeon journal I think I can see why it was changed. The only identity they have is being Lei Shen's "treasures" / "trophies" / "consorts." Being the only two known female mogu at the time, and being overtly objectified, is, well, "a bad look," let's say.

Twin Empyreans is a better name, anyway. Should have named them that to begin with. Suits their sun/moon motif better.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    Den of Mortal Delights will be on the chopping block, guaranteed. Elisande's Quarters will be fine as she's a woman. She might get a pair of trousers and a t-shirt though since her outfit is pretty skimpy.
    I think it's a coin toss because actually replacing the den of mortal delights requires the one thing Blizzard fears: effort.
    The chance obviously exists that they'll turn it into a fruit garden and Mother Sharaz into some fruity overlord, but as said, that takes effort.

After all, when you look closely on the promo picture of the blood elves for TBCC, you see how fucking lazy Blizzard is when it comes to these matters.
    Last edited by Kralljin; 2021-09-22 at 08:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Darknessvamp View Post
    My bets on succubus overhaul (visually and voice lines), as well as transmog changes to reduce/eliminate smut mog. I wouldn't have even thought these two would be on the chopping block a month ago, but considering their direction anything is fair game.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

I guess next they're going to have to go back and change all of Alexstraszas many consorts, because she apparently has lots and lots of them. RIP Korialstrasz, gonna be retconned to not be her prime consort who sacrificed himself to save their children, he was just one of her gay dragon friends and all their kids are adopted.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by exochaft View Post
    My bets on succubus overhaul (visually and voice lines), as well as transmog changes to reduce/eliminate smut mog. I wouldn't have even thought these two would be on the chopping block a month ago, but considering their direction anything is fair game.
    Which brings the more obvious question: Why not just add incubi as the logical counterpart for succubi? I mean people have been asking for an incubus version for warlock pets since as far back as WotLK iirc, when they introduced the glyph system.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Quote Originally Posted by TEHPALLYTANK View Post
    Why not just add incubi as the logical counterpart for succubi?
    Because this is not how this wave works.

It's about removing things that appeal to (heterosexual) men, not adding something that appeals to women.
    They didn't add a new painting with an attractive male character, they removed the one with the half naked woman.
    Last edited by Kralljin; 2021-09-22 at 08:41 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Inoculate View Post
    I'm amazed people care what the relationship of pixel bosses from 3 expansions ago was. Do you really jave nothing more productive to dedicate thoughts to?
    4*
    4 3 2 1 0?
    Mop-wod-legion-BFA-shadowlands.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    I think it's a coin toss because actually replacing the den of mortal delights requires the one thing Blizzard fears: effort.
    The chance obviously exists that they'll turn it into a fruit garden and Mother Sharaz into some fruity overlord, but as said, that takes effort.

After all, when you look closely on the promo picture of the blood elves for TBCC, you see how fucking lazy Blizzard is when it comes to these matters.
    True. They could rename all the concubines to seamstresses to recontextualize their outfits as being skimpy because they're still works in progress.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Den of Mortal Delights will be on the chopping block, guaranteed.
    That one will be too bad, it's one of the better pieces of habitat design/verisimilitude in the game.
    We get too few spaces that feel lived-in these days, as opposed to feeling like clinical corporate headquarters.

I get Blizzard has a lawsuit and this is their pitiable attempt at good PR, but censoring references to sexuality and removing milquetoast swear words feels so 50s. A censorious era that until recently I thought we'd moved past.
    Quote Originally Posted by matrix123mko View Post
    She lost against Arthas for purpose. She wanted to feed Quel'thalas to hungering darkness.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    Because this is not how this wave works.

It's about removing things that appeal to (heterosexual) men, not adding something that appeals to women.
    They didn't add a new painting with an attractive male character, they removed the one with the half naked woman.
    Which is just so stupid. I don't play FF14 but if they have done one thing right is to give male and females equally skimpy outfits. Straight women and gay men deserve to have something to oogle at too!

Equality is better than sensorship!

True. They could rename all the concubines to seamstresses to recontextualize their outfits as being skimpy because they're still works in progress.
    Oh god, love the idea, simply because it's so in line for Blizzard to change something that could seen as sexist into another cliche for women.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pakheth View Post
    Equality is better than sensorship!
    There also equality in censorship.
    If no one gets anything, everyone is being treated equally.

Also, it goes to what i said earlier: It takes effort and that's a no no.
    Last edited by Kralljin; 2021-09-22 at 08:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post

war/violence/GUNZ=good
    You have some extremely Hollywood stereotypes of Christians right there.

These changes are more in line with the human mindset of trying to overcompensate to self-sooth one's own guilt and attempt to show others how virtuous one is to one's accusers. Such acts aren't upheld as good things for the Christian belief, but all humans are fundamentally flawed in this regard, meaning that everyone (Christians included) will sin despite their beliefs. Basically, it's a lot of human nature going on, nothing to do specifically with Christianity.

Are all these changes innately bad by themselves? No, absolutely not. If the boss names were changed before Throne of Thunder raid released, no one would care at all. However, the main difference ends up being what one's motivations are for the changes. I believe the motivations are what I mentioned above, which is akin to avoiding responsibility and trying to make yourself feel/look better through actions (whether they're actually impactful or not). The reality is none of the stuff that's being change was originally problematic in the eyes of Blizz, otherwise it would've never made it into the game or would've been changed long before now. The timing of the changes just reinforces this reality.

It's a classic case of virtue signalling, where you perform acts to demonstrate certain virtues... but you really don't live by or really believe said virtues, you just want the approval/recognition of others. The only way the virtue signal works is if people buy it, and I think it's becoming increasingly obvious that people are not buying the act. Whether their changes are actually impactful to the game or not is a separate issue altogether, as their motivations for the changes are what really matter... and their motivations are hardly pure.
    Last edited by exochaft; 2021-09-22 at 08:57 PM.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post

war/violence/GUNZ=good
    Quote Originally Posted by matrix123mko View Post
    She lost against Arthas for purpose. She wanted to feed Quel'thalas to hungering darkness.

Quote Originally Posted by kansor View Post
    snipped video
    Fuck, I can't believe I didn't link that first. Solid, made me laugh.