Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rageonit View Post
    Would be nice to have a simple system:
    PLH or PLR addons do this.
    ---
    Don't be a victim of IFOWISNAWL!
    Call 800-Calm-The-F-Down, Operators are standing by. Now taking calls on all your Legion worries.

1. Ignore them.

or

2. Don't loot the item. It will get sent to you via mail.

This is one of those "its only a problem if you make it a problem" situations.

at topic: yes, don't loot your loot
    at rest of post: ranters gonna rant. Like you do.

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    Just left the poor guys alone... They are doing LFR, the most anti-social way to actually raid in this game, and if someone wants items from LFR to use them, then they're beyond help.

(considering that there are plenty of other, less dull, ways to obtain better items)
    The ones who are beyond help are the ones who judge people for what they play in game. Elitist attitude is toxic.

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    The ones who are beyond help are the ones who judge people for what they play in game. Elitist attitude is toxic.
    Yes and I totally agree.

But the ones I mentioned above are also beyond help.

Yes and I totally agree.

But the ones I mentioned above are also beyond help.
    Which means you are doing exactly what I said. You are judging them for how they play. And you just doubled down on it. Those that want gear in LFR are not beyond help. That is their progression and there is nothing wrong with that.

Remember - there are still people that think LFR is not toxic cesspool but 'good place for new/casual players to see endcontent'.

I've got even 2 better options:
    1. Remove LFR completely.
    2. Not respond at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Stabbyfists View Post
    "Fuck you R@%$ARD, Go KILL YOURSELF! I hope your dog dies of cancer you fuck"
    I'd be 'happy' after that whisper because now i can report and most likely ban him for this behaviour.

Which means you are doing exactly what I said.
    Not really. Your logic is flawless in that case. You made an assumption based on a one comment that wasn't even connected to your argument.

You are judging them for how they play. And you just doubled down on it. Those that want gear in LFR are not beyond help. That is their progression and there is nothing wrong with that.
    I am just saying that there are plenty of better, simpler and less tedious ways to gear up.
    If someone is doing LFR just to get a gear, then they're beyond the help. Because they lack the basic knowledge about the game, where you could get better reward with much less effort.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ok I just got done doing Sylvansas on LFR. .
    Just don't loot the boss. Any loot that is yours will be waiting for you in the mailbox. Problem solved.
    ---
    Don't be a victim of IFOWISNAWL!
    Call 800-Calm-The-F-Down, Operators are standing by. Now taking calls on all your Legion worries.

Quote Originally Posted by Mendzia View Post
    Remember - there are still people that think LFR is not toxic cesspool but 'good place for new/casual players to see endcontent'.
    The only people who make it a cesspool are players who are not the intended audience, who can and do raid normal+ and want lfr to be like normal+ and expect everyone else to go into lfr with a normal+ mindset. Just ignore it, it's not for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    The only people who make it a cesspool are players who are not the intended audience, who can and do raid normal+ and want lfr to be like normal+ and expect everyone else to go into lfr with a normal+ mindset. Just ignore it, it's not for you.
    Oh wow... normal+ mindset seems to be very high skill cap...
    Looks like it does not works that way anyway since this toxic guy wanted to do it for transomg.

Quote Originally Posted by Mendzia View Post
    Oh wow... normal+ mindset seems to be very high skill cap...
    Looks like it does not works that way anyway since this toxic guy wanted to do it for transomg.
    Yeah that one guy from a made up story must mean everyone is like that. Doing normal or higher means having to play with people like you. No wonder it is a hard pass from most of the player base.

Ok I just got done doing Sylvansas on LFR. Apparently the group had been...in trouble aka 7 stacks of Determination, but when I chimed in on how the 2nd phase works, we one shot it (They didnt know certain adds triggered the bridges).

I go and loot the chest and YAY Haste Vers Shoulders for my Prot Paladin. That was a big upgrade for me. I Equip my shoulders and Then I get this Warrior whispering me

"Dude, Give me those shoulders"
    "Um...no They're an upgrade"
    "Fuck you bro, I been here since the 1st pull and I deserve them more than some fucking scrub who comes in on their 1st pull"

That kinda got to me. Yes, I'm in LFR, but this is one of my 12 alts. I raid mythic on my Havoc Demon Hunter, Heroic on my DH and my Blood DK, Normal on my BM hunter and Prot Warrior, LFR on the rest. Then, when im about to whisper him back... I got this tell.

"Cmon stop being a selfish prick, you already have them equipped, so give me the ones you just got"

I often joke that the IQ of LFR is so low that you could give a mechanics test to a LFR Player, a Rock, and 2 candy Bracelets, and the rock and bracelets would score higher, but this... this was something else. How could I logically loot a piece of Raid Finder Gear and have that same raid finder piece equipped at the same time when this is the 1st week this boss has been available.. my mind just... it went 30 miles a second trying to find the logical steps this person could come to.

I just left the group...but then I got this whisper

"Fuck you R@%$ARD, Go KILL YOURSELF! I hope your dog dies of cancer you fuck"

I sighed and just put him on ignore. Cause I know blizzard cant handle their own harassment internally how the fuck are they going to handle players harassing other players.

God damn this game has become so Toxic. November aka Endwalker, cannot get here soon enough.
    I'm sorry but complaining about a problem that has an easy instant solution is just whining

Having standards is seen as a positive in any society even virtual ones.

The good experiences outweigh the bad ones, we have all had someone like this, just ignore and move on... report them too.

- - - Updated - - -

I would also say the ability to see and trade loot in LFR like this is objectively better for everyone. Douchebags will be douchebags regardless.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Crix View Post
    Having standards is seen as a positive in any society even virtual ones.
    Sitting on your high horse looking dowen your nose at people is not "standards"./ That is being elitist. That is in no way a positive in any society.

- - - Updated - - -

Not really. Your logic is flawless in that case. You made an assumption based on a one comment that wasn't even connected to your argument.

I am just saying that there are plenty of better, simpler and less tedious ways to gear up.
    If someone is doing LFR just to get a gear, then they're beyond the help. Because they lack the basic knowledge about the game, where you could get better reward with much less effort.
    You are judging them no matter how you spin it.

Anyone who is this elitist is the one who is beyond help.

Sitting on your high horse looking dowen your nose at people is not "standards"./ That is being elitist. That is in no way a positive in any society.

- - - Updated - - -

You are judging them no matter how you spin it.

Anyone who is this elitist is the one who is beyond help.
    It is the definition of having standards. Don't get me wrong I'm not against lfr... I think it would be better if it was a personal scenario with npcs as the few times I've entered it to farm renowned or transmog the people tend to be unpleasant.

It is a very shallow and weak version of raiding. You can't pretend it isn't.

You either ignore them or report them and block them which now blocks all characters on their account.

Now you enjoy the rest of your day/night.

/thread

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Crix View Post
    having standards
    Having standards is not a bad thing. Everyone has standards. You expecting everyone else to adhere to yours is when it becomes problematic.

Herald of the Titans Dristereau's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly should have just reported them and moved on. People are more toxic now that ever on the internet. I myself used to be somewhat of a twat a few years back, but never devolved to personal whispers or actual threats, just a realistic, we're outgeared and shit, we aren't winning this BG. I was doing one yesterday and about 5 people were throwing death threats at each other, threatening them and it was just pathetic. I just reported them all and moved on with my daily win attempt.

My biggest issue right now is chain losses in BGs, the other week trying to win a battleground for the Weekly 4 and after 11 BGs and a few hours of trying to get the last one I was somewhat sarcastic

I don't think LFR loot should be hidden, otherwise you could say the same for Normal, Heroic and Mythic pugs. Maybe they could add an option for people to roll out gear they don't need. For example, you win a piece of gear in LFR, you have the option to keep or pass it. If you pass it goes up for roll and you get some additional anima or something.
    Dristereau - Axxolentus - Infernus - Sequentia - Nulo - Desterrar

Silvermoon
    - Shadowsong/Aszune - Tarren-Mill/Dentarg (SL Mage Tower: 29/36
    )