Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Varx View Post
    You warlock players better pray they dont remove your succubus pet. Or replace them with the Karenccubus, a demon who incapacitates you by screeching instead of seducing you.
    Nah, they just run up to the mob/player and demand to speak to their boss/guild master...

Quote Originally Posted by Kiraser View Post
    Yeah, and that confusion exists at Blizzard and in the mind of whoever is responsible for this change. Also, gotta love her following tweet about words meaning things. Damn, that is golden coming from Golden.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MyWholeLifeIsThunder View Post
    lmao the encounter journal literally describes them as trophies.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    The Twin Consorts are said to be the greatest of the Thunder King's treasures. Rumored to be the only known female mogu in existence, Lei Shen keeps his trophies close and their combined arsenal against interlopers closer
    Refer to my previous comment if you may.

Just because they are trophies, does not mean sexual, considering the Mogu are constructs. A female Mogu is extremely rare, so a powerful being like Lei Shen would be likely to harness and collect powerful relics and creations to hold them as trophies, and even further so, they are powerful creations to use against his foes.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    The Twin Consorts are said to be the greatest of the Thunder King's treasures. Rumored to be the only known female mogu in existence, Lei Shen keeps his trophies close and their combined arsenal against interlopers closer
    Refer to my previous comment if you may.

Just because they are trophies, does not mean sexual, considering the Mogu are constructs. A female Mogu is extremely rare, so a powerful being like Lei Shen would be likely to harness and collect powerful relics and creations to hold them as trophies, and even further so, they are powerful creations to use against his foes.
    Okay so you don't see the subtext of treating the female of a species as a rare commodity AND a tool to be used? Like come on, you gotta have a bit more critical thinking on this.

Mogu are literally constructed, so the female of the species were introduced literally as a commodity.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    I guess the removal of Garrosh's line was a slippery slope after all. Can't wait to see what gets redacted in the future.
    I guess the scene of the Kor'Kron beating up the Huojin in Siege asking them about mainland Pandaren artifacts they don't know about because they're islanders might get removed, with a citation of "depiction of asian hate" or something.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Darknessvamp View Post
    Well people are putting bets on Den of Mortal Delights or Elisande's Secret Quarters being up next to get scrubbed. I just wonder how long till they reach the point of giving characters like Yrel and Garona new 'true backstories'.
    Still surprised that hasn't been removed by Nu-Blizzard yet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Okay so you don't see the subtext of treating the female of a species as a rare commodity AND a tool to be used? Like come on, you gotta have a bit more critical thinking on this.

Mogu are literally constructed, so the female of the species were introduced literally as a commodity.
    They are creatures of stone and titan power, and most likely do not have any sexual goals in life unless you add the curse of flesh which they were lucky not to be affected by. They are a rare thing for a Mogu to see, and a Mogu of Lei Shen's power was just as rare. And considering him taking them in his forces as his trophies would also be a huge part of honor in their position as part of his mighty force. Changing their title does not change their background.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by NecroVane View Post
    I guess next they're going to have to go back and change all of Alexstraszas many consorts, because she apparently has lots and lots of them. RIP Korialstrasz, gonna be retconned to not be her prime consort who sacrificed himself to save their children, he was just one of her gay dragon friends and all their kids are adopted.
    At this point I'm kinda thankful that my old favorites like Dezco and Krasus appear to have been forgotten by the modern WoW writers. Since Legion, anything the writers touch is ruined.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darknessvamp View Post
    Well people are putting bets on Den of Mortal Delights or Elisande's Secret Quarters being up next to get scrubbed. I just wonder how long till they reach the point of giving characters like Yrel and Garona new 'true backstories'.
    Don't worry, soon slut-mogs will be full robes, the succubus will be in a nun's outfit and the whip deleted, and /flirt gone too.

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    I guess the scene of the Kor'Kron beating up the Huojin in Siege asking them about mainland Pandaren artifacts they don't know about because they're islanders might get removed, with a citation of "depiction of asian hate" or something.
    If there's anything I've learned from Hearthstone, it's that Blizzard definitely cares about its Asian demographic

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    At this point I'm kinda thankful that my old favorites like Dezco and Krasus appear to have been forgotten by the modern WoW writers. Since Legion, anything the writers touch is ruined.
    Well, Dezco is already quite updated. A single dad fighting for his family. Krasus is well, yeah..

Quote Originally Posted by kansor View Post
    I get Blizzard has a lawsuit and this is their pitiable attempt at good PR
    Tinfoil hate time: Blizzard knows that 9.2 is so far out, and they have so little to show, that they are incrementally releasing censorship & revisionism tweaks to the PTR to deliberately drum up controversy and keep WoW in the news and on people's radar.

But the real answer is that Blizzard has been converged by people with no artistic integrity.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    Lei Shen might have been a tyrant, but he is also pretty one-note
    Pretty much every original WoW villain not named Garrosh Hellscream is a one note character. Lei Shen continues to be talked about to this day because of how the MoP questing experience effectively built him up as this mysterious, powerful ancient figure.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123456 View Post
    Didn't they already change its lore once so that Illidan never used it and just set up for the other Demon Hunters while he was off in a corner fapping to visions of Tyrande?
    Pretty sure someone made a fanart of that.

EDIT: found it

Quote Originally Posted by Ragashii View Post
    This just proves that they are changing things out of spite. These people have nothing but contempt for you. Stop playing their game.
    At this point I think it's pretty clear that "go woke go broke" isn't true. The West cannot come together to form effective boycotts of a product with near universal participation like Japan can. Most normies just do not care (or even know) about controversies and just buy the stuff up anyway. Even when companies like Marvel comics are run into the ground (they were selling 100,000 issues per comic per week back in the 70s. Nowadays they can barely sell 10,000 total copies a month), they're owned by bigger companies like Disney that just keep propping them up with money, and Disney is too big to fail. If Disney ever went bankrupt it'd be bailed out by Congress, which is full of senators who have a nostalgia for Disney and lobbyists and people who think Disney is good for the economy.

And besides, if the last last 7 years of WoW has told us anything, it's that people can become so addicted, so invested in something, that they will continue to give $15 per month to a company that hates them and treats them like shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Skirdus View Post
    Why can't they be both?
    This.

/10chars
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    This thread is meandering way off-topic and is close to being closed. Let's pivot back to the actual topic concerning the Twin Consorts/Empyreans.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

7+ Year Old Account
    Meaningless change
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    It's just a completely pointless retcon that harms what little Mogu lore we have.
    The most interesting thing about them was being consorts as the only two examples of female mogu, now they are empyreans, for no fucking reaosn i know of, I mostly ignore all the stuff like the art changes for the wall paintings, but this is reductive of their own lore.

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    They are creatures of stone and titan power, and most likely do not have any sexual goals in life unless you add the curse of flesh which they were lucky not to be affected by. They are a rare thing for a Mogu to see, and a Mogu of Lei Shen's power was just as rare. And considering him taking them in his forces as his trophies would also be a huge part of honor in their position as part of his mighty force. Changing their title does not change their background.
    But it does change the blatant subtext of making the only two female mogu at that point into trophies.

Like don't get me wrong, this is just for optics and I doubt there's any sincerity behind the move, but that doesn't change the fact that the Twin Consorts had a very questionable background and intent; like you can try to rationalize it any way you want it, but at the end of the day they still just wanted to make hot mogu ladies; the fact they are toning down the phrasing that made them literal trophies changes little of their original intent.

Now it will be just marginally better, but the fact they were just introduced as sexy mogu ladies is evidently why they were added, man. But it's still better that they are not literal commodities to the Thunder King. It was the most slap you in the face example of objectification, of, which again, the only two female existing Mogu at the point.

Like we can be mature enough to admit it was weird AF, right? Why was that the choice on the first place?

1+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiraser View Post
    This woman literally cant keep her mind off golden boy for one second
    "Lol" said the scorpion, "lmao"

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    nononon,thats not the good christian american way

drinking/sex/expression=BAD
    war/violence/GUNZ=good
    Funny thing is these changes aren't fueled by "christian american" ways. They're fueled by blue haired people screaming about being oppressed while becoming oppressors.

- - - Updated - - -

lmao the encounter journal literally describes them as trophies.
    It initially says treasures so they're trying to use the terms interchangeably when they really aren't, but even trophy doesn't mean it isn't wanted or willing. Just means something you have due to a victory which being allegedly the only 2 female mogu, treasure and trophy would still apply if it is consensual, wanted, and willing. I mean hell if they weren't, they wouldn't be fighting for him and just let us pass to him.

Regardless, the dragon aspects called their mates consorts. Guess Alex and Ysera were misandrists.

But it does change the blatant subtext of making the only two female mogu at that point into trophies.

Like don't get me wrong, this is just for optics and I doubt there's any sincerity behind the move, but that doesn't change the fact that the Twin Consorts had a very questionable background and intent; like you can try to rationalize it any way you want it, but at the end of the day they still just wanted to make hot mogu ladies; the fact they are toning down the phrasing that made them literal trophies changes little of their original intent.

Now it will be just marginally better, but the fact they were just introduced as sexy mogu ladies is evidently why they were added, man. But it's still better that they are not literal commodities to the Thunder King. It was the most slap you in the face example of objectification, of, which again, the only two female existing Mogu at the point.

Like we can be mature enough to admit it was weird AF, right? Why was that the choice on the first place?
    Why is that weird? You're talking about a tyrannical emperor.

It's almost like you and the people that make these kinds of decisions have no concepts of context, especially in a fantasy setting.

Quote Originally Posted by ohwell View Post
    Funny thing is these changes aren't fueled by "christian american" ways. They're fueled by blue haired people screaming about being oppressed while becoming oppressors.

bullshit,censorship in media has always been because of puritanical right wing christians