• Neutral - I dont care

6 9.52%
  • Blizzard is not fcked, They got a loyal fanbase

10 15.87%
  • Blizzard is not fucked... but close to it

3 4.76%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    realistically? Probably not at all. Some tough times now, but shortly after lawsuit is over it's gonna jump back up. Especially if it coincides with major releases shortly after.
    Outrage usually go to the next thing quickly and forget the previous thing.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

The fact they felt compelled to change the names of Twin Consorts and Big Love Rocket is a sign they seem to be fucked beyond redemption.

My favorite part is when people are deifying the old vips of Blizzard who have left the last few years, yet under their watch and with their participation the things Blizzard is charged for have been happening. So was it great with them or it wasn't great with them? Some folks have to make up their minds first, then decree the fate of Blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    realistically? Probably not at all. Some tough times now, but shortly after lawsuit is over it's gonna jump back up. Especially if it coincides with major releases shortly after.
    Also this.

Quote Originally Posted by Toybox View Post
    Diablo 4 is likely going to sell 25m+ copies
    What? Diablo 2 sold 4m, and D3 3.5m ...

Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    Diablo 3 has actually sold over 30 million copies over its lifetime. It sold 3.5 million in 24 hours.
    Quote Originally Posted by choom View Post
    Which one of those ropes can I hang myself with

15+ Year Old Account
    D3 sold 3.5 million in the first 24 hours and 12 million in 2012. D4 will no doubt meet or exceed those since gaming as a whole has grown since 2012.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

...the first day*

3.5 millions in the first 24 hours of release. D3 has sold more than 30 million copies.

People have been proclaiming Blizzard's and WoW's death since the game launched in 2004. They survived the Great Recession in '08 and they've survived the pandemic. They will survive the sexual harassment lawsuit, and most likely be stronger for it. Anyone who thinks a bunch of vague sexual references being deleted will kill them is so delusional they belong in a high-security mental institution.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    The fact they felt compelled to change the names of Twin Consorts and Big Love Rocket is a sign they seem to be fucked beyond redemption.
    To me, it feels like the desperation of the company trying to show its fans and investors that they are working on their problems within but without revealing personal information about the various issues within. Instead of doing such, they should be more transparent, return to communicating with their fanbase.

- - - Updated - - -

You forgot to add something at the end of your comment?

*"...within 24 hours"
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

/derp
    It happens. In addition to that, D3 launched exclusively on PC, & didn't hit consoles until years later. D4 will likely launch on last gen, current gen, & PC all at once. It wasn't a name in the console space at all until then, so I think D4 will do better than D3 overall.

D2R is out tomorrow on like every platform under the sun, so it'll be interesting to see how that does.

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    To me, it feels like the desperation of the company trying to show its fans and investors that they are working on their problems within but without revealing personal information about the various issues within. Instead of doing such, they should be more transparent, return to communicating with their fanbase.
    It's just crazy how they've gone completely overboard with it. No-one, and I mean no-one, gave a flying fuck about the names Twin Consorts and Big Love Rocket. Part of WoW's charm has always been its occasional tongue in cheek references. Removing them isn't going to help Blizzard in any way and just makes the playerbase bemused and baffled, and in fact it makes Blizzard look like they're learning the wrong lessons from the lawsuit.

It didn't really do anything good for them. Ghostcrawler spent quite a while constantly communicating but people still hated him just as much as Ian.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    It's just crazy how they've gone completely overboard with it. No-one, and I mean no-one, gave a flying fuck about the names Twin Consorts and Big Love Rocket. Part of WoW's charm has always been its occasional tongue in cheek references. Removing them isn't going to help Blizzard in any way and just makes the playerbase bemused and baffled, and in fact it makes Blizzard look like they're learning the wrong lessons from the lawsuit.
    "No one gave a flying fuck about these two things"
    "...but somehow it's really important that these dozen out of hundreds/thousands of tongue-in-cheek references are being changed"
    Kinda undermining your own argument.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wrath of the Lich King was released after the merger, and maintained by it, following that, you know the story, of the other expansions.
    I heard that in wotlk activision had no influence yet on Blizzard while they released the expansion and wotlk according to graphs lost alot of subs at the end but rebounded with the cataclysm announcement. So it all did kinda start since they joined though
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Felis igneus View Post
    All of their projects are in development hell and people in key positions keep leaving the company. That being said, afaik they still sit on a fat wad of cash, so they just need to pull their fingers out of their asses and make games again.
    Activision-Blizzard sits on a fat wad of cash. If Bobby decides King or Activision is a better place to invest that money instead of Blizzard, Blizzard goes away.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    But Blizzard has managed to hit games like wow each expansion lifespan with a big chunk lose of players due reason and they never fully bounce back. They gonna hit a bottom at some point and i fear its now especially if you hear we gonna have shadowlands maybe till 2023-24. The game wont survive 4 years of barely content.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    It didn't really do anything good for them. Ghostcrawler spent quite a while constantly communicating but people still hated him just as much as Ian.
    Yeah but now, it is more needed to inform people. And sorry, but GC was hated due to his behavior as well. And Ion hated due to many things, like "Nuh lawyer working on games bad".

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    I heard that in wotlk activision had no influence yet on Blizzard while they released the expansion and wotlk according to graphs lost alot of subs at the end but rebounded with the cataclysm announcement. So it all did kinda start since they joined though
    Activision-Blizzard had nothing to do with the launch but all the rest they did. And it dropped at the end because things like Ruby Sanctum truly sucked.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Honestly, kinda fucked imo, at least for the near future. OW2 does not look like it's going to do well, as there has been multiple delays at this point as well as the hype for it dying down. On top of this, one of the executive producers for OW2 left the project yesterday.

Blizzard needs a win right now, but I don't see a win happening until maybe the next WoW expansion.

https://www.gamesradar.com/overwatch...of-production/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Activision-Blizzard sits on a fat wad of cash. If Bobby decides King or Activision is a better place to invest that money instead of Blizzard, Blizzard goes away.
    It isn't that easy. Due to investors, the board cannot just decide to phase out a main part of the merger without proper reason.