Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Just go play Path of Diablo.

It's what D2 would be if it kept getting content updates.

So, as someone who's neer played diablo before, do you think this resurrection remake is worth a shot?
    success comes in the form of technical solutions to problems, not appeals to our emotional side

Quote Originally Posted by nocturnus View Post
    So, as someone who's neer played diablo before, do you think this resurrection remake is worth a shot?
    Probably not. Yes, Diablo 2 is a solid game and an absolute titan in its time. Without nostalgia, I believe the aged mechanics will be much more glaring.

Though on the other hand, if you’d like to get into diablo, it is worth a playthrough even if just for the story.

Yeeeah if you weren't around at the beginning to benefit from the nostalgia interest, I don't know if paying 40 bucks would be the best investment. However, I'm pretty sure there will be a price drop afterwards, it would be more palatable then.
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

Quote Originally Posted by cuafpr View Post
    they need buttons to the UI for other skills... i "think" consoles versions have this from screenshots i saw.
    This is on the PC too but you have to use a controller for it. A very popular request is to do the same thing for keyboard since it's already there.

The only thing that would make D2R perfect in my eyes, is to make the shared stash unlimited.

It would give collectors the ability to collect every unique item in the game, and make trading a whole lot easier.

I think they should make separate UI/bag for charms (like Last Epoch for relics) so you can actually pick loot.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalocy Jim View Post
    The only thing that would make D2R perfect in my eyes, is to make the shared stash unlimited.

It would give collectors the ability to collect every unique item in the game, and make trading a whole lot easier.
    Good point. I'd like the shared stash to be doubled in D3 and D2R but you can't just say "unlimited" because if you double the stash a few times then you have to multiply it by every separate player and account type which creates technical/performance/memory issues.

Paying more for unlimited (online) storage is realistic though and if you're okay with longer response times for fetching the data from cold storage.
    Last edited by PC2; 2021-09-22 at 06:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by hydrium View Post
    Just go play Path of Diablo.

It's what D2 would be if it kept getting content updates.
    I tried poe and I really did not like it. It was super convoluted, felt like a massive grind and the talent system was a chaotic mess. But I might not have given it a fair chance.
    success comes in the form of technical solutions to problems, not appeals to our emotional side

I tried poe and I really did not like it. It was super convoluted, felt like a massive grind and the talent system was a chaotic mess. But I might not have given it a fair chance.
    Not Path of Exile, Path of Diablo.

It's a Diablo 2 mod that took mapping and corruptions from PoE and put them into Diablo. They've got plenty of servers and reset ladder about every 6 months.

The dev is working on the next patch now, so a new reset should happen within a month or two.

Quote Originally Posted by hydrium View Post
    Not Path of Exile, Path of Diablo.

It's a Diablo 2 mod that took mapping and corruptions from PoE and put them into Diablo. They've got plenty of servers and reset ladder about every 6 months.

The dev is working on the next patch now, so a new reset should happen within a month or two.
    Yeah PoD is super fun, I wouldn't mind seeing a visual loot filter for D2R, especially in the later stages when you see mountains of potions and useless nonsense.

PoD is, to me, a strictly superior version of D2. Not everyone shares that opinion, of course; that's why the PoD community split some time ago, and an offshoot went to make Project Diablo 2 instead which takes a lot of PoD's mechanics but remains more true to the original.

The QoL options especially would be HIGHLY appreciated in a modern D2 game - larger inventory, separate Rune/Gem stash, and loot filters just to name a few.

Oh that's a thing? I thought you were joking about poe ^^

But no, I really can't bare games with such outdated graphics anymore.
    Last edited by nocturnus; 2021-09-23 at 08:15 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Remove immunities from super unique bosses. They can have high resist like 80 or 90 but they shouldnt be straight up immune.

I tried Project D2 and I really enjoyed it, but it really isn't D2. If this is the more 'faithful' version, then I can't imagine playing PoD. Too much change takes me out of the game, and I lose sight of why I care to play which is more about progress at a pace, rather than some infinite grind for infinite RNG options for crazy high rolled gear. Corruptions is a cool option to keep things fresh, though I see that also being bad for power scaling.

I like the end game as it exists. I'm not a fan of having power scaled up and having some alternative end game maps be the way to play. I'd rather power be scaled unilaterally, and open up more end-game viable items and builds, without increasing the overall power scaling.

Theres some things I liked such as having unique tweaked to fit a new build. I rolled a summoner druid and lucked out on Ravenlore and Cranebeak, which boosts + Raven skill and allows it to be a viable support option for end game. That kinda stuff I like. Raven sucks anyways, so having items that boost it like crazy makes it much more viable to take if you can afford the slots. But overall having everything melee cleave and being able to summon all your summons, while fun, is a very different experience to how a Druid should be. He's not a Necro.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm ok with what we got. Hyped for this evening!

I would have really liked stacking gems and runes though. Sorting that shit isn't very satisfying, and just ends up spending a lot of time.

Quote Originally Posted by ipoststuff View Post
    Remove immunities from super unique bosses. They can have high resist like 80 or 90 but they shouldnt be straight up immune.
    Immunity is just a threshold on resistance. If you have something lowering resistances, you should be able to hit them again.
    Atleast that's how I recall it.
    Last edited by Xykotic; 2021-09-23 at 09:20 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Better BNet servers.
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

Yeah those servers are just dogshit, theres 2 seconds delay on anything you do. Everyone gets kicked out of game periodically. Dont waste money on this trash until they fix the game in 2 months.

diablo 2 + plugY + Basemod is far superior to D2R in terms of gameplay - and those are just two mods out of thousands.

Dont know what mods D2R will support, if it ends up allowing QOL mods (like plugy and basemod) for "open battlenet" then it can be a good alternative to classic d2.

And strangely enough d2R blizzard servers are working and lagging worse than player hosted ones in d2...

Almost through act 1 and so far it has been fun. I can imagine it will get old soon; it is the same thing over and over again, ultimately.

It would be nice if potions could stack, though I can imagine them not stacking is intended so you need to think about what you want to bring to a boss fight. I'd also appreciate a key that makes me compare items without having to pick them up. The thing I'd probably want most is not having to manually insert potions in my D keys every time I used two, but I guess that's intended as well.

Controller game play is one so incredibly well, it makes me wonder why anyone would even consider playing with kb&m. They should go further with this and completely modernize the game for people who've never played it before and don't care about nostalgic bullshit.