Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    That specific feel that mario kart 8 is still consistently selling gangbusters so we are once again not getting a MK9 for the holidays.
    You're not getting MK9 until Nintendo releases a brand new console generation. 1 MK per gen and they basically decided 8 was the one for Switch since no one owned a Wii U.

Honestly the fact that they don't bother to release new DLC for MK8 is yet another baffling decision from Nintendo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by everydaygamer View Post
    Honestly the fact that they don't bother to release new DLC for MK8 is yet another baffling decision from Nintendo.
    Would buy in a heartbeat. Shameful missed opportunity.
    Remember: Words are not violence.
    Make your own groups!!!

That specific feel that mario kart 8 is still consistently selling gangbusters so we are once again not getting a MK9 for the holidays.
    I don’t even know what they would do for mk9, 8 does so much so well and has so many incredible tracks (cloudtop cruise being one of my all time favorites). Maybe 9 will be another double dash.

As already noted the fact we haven’t got more dlc is baffling, it would just be printing money. Perhaps they are saving ideas for mk9. As much as smash seems to be dragging out its amazing how quickly mk8 was done.

Why would they make MK9 before next console? What would differentiate it enough from MK8 to justify sharing the same platform with it?

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Why would they make MK9 before next console? What would differentiate it enough from MK8 to justify sharing the same platform with it?
    At this point people just want new tracks so I don't think anyone would care if 9 was just more of 8.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by everydaygamer View Post
    Why would they do that when MK8 is selling tens of millions of copies and moving hardware units, when they could replicate that with any ideas they may have for new tracks etc on a Switch 2?

Quote Originally Posted by zealo View Post
    Why would they do that when MK8 is selling tens of millions of copies and moving hardware units, when they could replicate that with any ideas they may have for new tracks etc on a Switch 2?
    They could do Classic Track DLCs? Remasters of old tracks that are not yet included in MK8, and leave all the truly new ideas to wait for the next hen game.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Not reading all that text homie. You claimed Nintendo only didn't do BC when hardware prevented it, they in fact didn't support bc on 3DS and Wii U with systems that both could play natively if hacked and could fit the software. You where wrong, you can hold that. Don't go into some bs rant about how it only counts for previous installment now when you where trying to compare them to Sony has some saint in this regard.

I even said a page or 2 ago Nintendo is usually good about supporting the previous gen in BC but nothing else. They are just as bad as Sony, who also is supporting last gen but nothing else. Hell Nintendo needed almost no work to support GBA and GC bc on Wii U and 3DS and still didn't do it, the systems could literally play the games natively lmao. That's even worse then Sony tbh who would need to emulate their old hardware to support it.
    >b-b-bbut they could play roms when hacked
    roms are not physical hardware and as such do not require costly old parts to be mounted on new hardware. The 3DS and wii U physically CAN NOT USE GBA carts/minidiscs. They couldnt jam in the cart reader into the 3DS because it would make it a brick sized device, and would make it even more expensive than the original 250 dollaridoos. And the wii U cant load GC games because it doesnt have the expensive custom made guided slot loader drive the wii had. Your pathetic argument here is that nintendo should have kept adding these things, which drive up the cost, so you can play 2 generations old games???

The fact that you think sony is on the same level as nintendo when it comes to BC tells me that you're some retarded little zoomzoom that only ever had a PS5, because the bast majority of sony devices are not BC. The PS2 was BC, and the PS5 is BC. Thats it. Technically the launch model of PS3 could play PS2 games, but they quickly removed that model.

I mean, i asked if you had any other retarded shit to say, but i didnt mean that literally.

If you cried about nintendo not selling roms on their VC, thats another matter entirely.

But hey, you're free to keep seething and doubling down on your stupidiy as you please.

And since you're allergic to being educated/proven wrong:

TLDR: you are a retard that knows fuck all but thinks he gets to have an opinion regardless.

- - - Updated - - -

because MK8 is a wii u game and the switch hasnt had a "new" MK game?

And dont pretend people care about "sharing the platform" when they buy fifa every year.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkaiboost View Post
    because MK8 is a wii u game and the switch hasnt had a "new" MK game?

And dont pretend people care about "sharing the platform" when they buy fifa every year.
    The WiiU sold like absolute dog shit, buddy.

The people whining about WiiU re-releases on Switch are a loud whiny minority.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    There are some seeds planted to tie X to the main series but I don't think they will go down that route until after 3. Probably with a remaster of X and then a sequel to X afterwards. Wouldn't be surprised to see easter eggs in 3 tying in X some more though.

- - - Updated - - -

Never said it mattered to begin with, that guy came in hot trying to correct someone and was wrong. That is it and that is all.
    It was just a question in general not necessarily directed towards any of your comments.

Mario Kart 8 released in 2014. The Switch delux added some new tracks but its been half a decade since then and you can only run moo moo meadows so many times before wanting something new where every corner boost isn't muscle memory at this point.

I've never played Wario Land 3 and I really want to. What are the chances it comes to Switch via emulation?

Also, hoping to see Bayonetta 3 today.

- - - Updated - - -

MK8Deluxe has 48 tracks and 41 characters with customizable karts. I realize it has been out a long time, but it is a huge game for a mario kart game, no? The game also is pretty incredible even before considering the breadth of content. I don't expect one yet. I think Deluxe is one of my favorite Switch games, it does not feel dated. Also, the graphics are still impressive for Switch imo, in handheld or big screen. Beautiful game, incredible music mix and breadth of content being the high points, just an epic release. It is no surprise to me this is the game that will just keep on selling forever.

Edit: Come on Bayonetta, come on Wario Land 3 switch release, come on Monolith Soft!!! Also, come on new controller hardware perhaps?
    Last edited by Zenfoldor; 2021-09-23 at 06:59 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Nintendo might have accidently leaked kirby and bayo 3 early

So right now, the very likely games are
    Xenoblade 3
    Kirby
    Bayo 3
    Castlevania advance collection
    Alan wake
    Dread
    Smt 5
    Gameboy or n64 to nso
    Age of calamity dlc 2
    Advance wars
    Last smash character
    Splatoon 3
    Gen 4 remakes
    Triangle strategy
    Mayrio retardy stupid stars

Maybes are
    Fire emblem remake
    Pikmin 4
    Gta collection
    Bonkey chong: banana slamma
    Ww/tp hd collection

Thats about 40 minutes or so
    Last edited by Video Games; 2021-09-23 at 08:23 PM.

Whatever the Direct has.

People will be disappointed by it.

Whatever the Direct has.

People will be disappointed by it.
    Never happens with Sep directs, its all the other ones. Sep is traditionally the great direct lol.

15+ Year Old Account
    I am 800% in for voice of cards with okabe ost

3D Kirby oh shit

15+ Year Old Account
    Blueballing everybody with the last smash character is hilarious

Lol N64 added to Online for fucking extra cost