Page 22 of 31 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    https://www.azcentral.com/story/news...ds/8352371002/

AZ Senate directs Cyber Ninjas to turn over all documents. Cyber Ninjas sues to get more time, while also complaining about private contractors involved in the audit process would have their records relating to the audit released to the public which...yeah, that's what's supposed to happen when you do government work ostensibly on behalf of the government/public.

Fann, R-Prescott, said Tuesday she was concerned with the court's decision because it could mean any documents at private companies hired for government work could be subject to the records law.
    And Senator Fan, who has been overseeing all of this, is very concerned that their attempt to circumvent public records laws might be squashed rather quickly. She's still complaining about "legislative privilege" too, not that it matters or has any relevance in this instance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    "legislative privilege"
    I assume "legislative privilege" is law to protect the members of the legislature from having to disclose discussions about making laws, the same as executive privilege for how they're enforced. [EDIT: If I'm wrong, please explain, because I'd like to know how irrelevant it is] If that's so, we have an "only guilty people take the 5th" situation, because Senator Karen is claiming she's using the recount as official discussion for forming laws. That's not what Arizona was told about the recount. Recounts aren't private and aren't protected. That would be the one of the most dictatorial things in American history if they were.

"Mr. Incumbent, the election was carried out and you lost."
    "I demand a recount. Oh look, I won."
    "Really? Show me your data."
    "No. You have to trust that I won."

Senator Fann seems to be doing what we said this was for in the first place: a lame-ass limp-dick IMPOTUS excuse to make new voter suppression laws without an actual justification. I just didn't expect her to say the quiet part out loud.

Also, how much COVID did Cyber Ninjas get? I thought the report was already written. No, I didn't. Not only are they not ready to release their results (I gave seven reasons why already) but the fact that they're suing to block turning over even their data means the rock and hard place just started squeezing.
    Last edited by Breccia; 2021-09-16 at 06:40 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    **UPDate** Trump donor funding the "recount" writes report taking the "L"
    Liberals win again this week.

The top funder of Arizona's 2020 election 'audit' is signaling a new report will admit Biden beat Trump

The team of Arizona Republican state senators, legislative staff, and advisers finalizing the Cyber Ninjas' report on the 2020 presidential election in Maricopa County are preparing to say that Joe Biden legitimately won the election, according to the largest funder of the Senate's mostly privatized election review, former Overstock.com CEO Patrick Byrne.

"The way some of these political RINOs [Republicans In Name Only] are doing this is they're trying to argue that the [election] report should only be allowed to go and address the original construct of the report, the original assignment of the audit, and leave out other things that have been found," Byrne told Creative Destruction Media's L. Todd Wood.

"The political class is going to try to come in and water this down," Byrne said. "The Republican political class, the RINOs, the nobodies… They are going to try to water this down. I am sure they all have been promised federal judgeships or sacks of cash under a streetlight if they can get this killed at this late date or watered down. And I think the public of Arizona should go ballistic."

Byrne's comments were made on August 29 but have been reposted on pro-Trump media in recent days as Arizona's Republican Senate leadership is finalizing its report on the election. Trump has also revived his attacks on "RINOs" in recent days on Telegram, a social media site favored by his base.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KuerbisgeschmackShake View Post
    taking the "L"
    That's really not my take on this story. It looks like he's still claiming there's a massive conspiracy which there isn't, that the audit found dangerous evidence (just outside of their original task) which they haven't, and that anyone opposing Trump is a RINO which is laughable.

Arizona Republican resigns after secret recording released

A Republican official in Arizona resigned Tuesday from the board overseeing Maricopa County after a recording emerged of him criticizing his GOP colleagues for opposing a review of the 2020 election.

During the meeting recorded surreptitiously last March, Supervisor Steve Chucri suggested two fellow Republican county supervisors opposed the review by Senate Republicans because they nearly lost their own 2020 races.

Chucri apologized in a statement announcing his resignation and said he shouldn't have made the comments, adding “the political landscape has changed for the worst this year.”

“The environment is wrought with toxicity — and all civility and decorum no longer seem to have a place,” Chucri said. “The fixation with the 2020 election results and aftermath have gotten out of control.”
    Something something making beds and lying in them.

Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    Arizona Republican resigns after secret recording released

I have very little sympathy for opportunistic douchebags who end up choking on their own stupidity and lies.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    And of course by "lying" you mean "saying there was election fraud".

I'm pleased to see this. The Party of Trump might be full of conspiracy-theorist suicide cult members more likely to literally drink bleach than accept the person with the most votes won, but the Republican Party might still have some life to it yet. If this dude resigned, it implies he knows he's outnumbered.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    And of course by "lying" you mean "saying there was election fraud".
    Exactly. Knew you'd pick up on it.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/conspi...&source=Reddit

And Cyber Ninja's is just straight up saying they won't release all the documents the courts have repeatedly affirmed they must release. At some point the courts should start like, actually laying down penalties on conservative folks and groups consistently and flagrantly ignoring court orders. Or at least they should, but probably won't.

10+ Year Old Account
    And Cyber Ninja's is just straight up saying they won't release all the documents the courts have repeatedly affirmed they must release.
    Just so we're clear, until the AZ Senate takes action, this is a working, viable strategy.

Which means the AZ Senate has two choices:
    1) allow these people to just not comply with their direct orders, even though they're being paid by the AZ Senate, and therefore publicly declare that Cyber Ninjas can say whatever they want, under oath, with no need to back up their claims even a little, and therefore, just flat-out declare "there's fraud because we said there was"
    or
    2) take action, publicly say enough is enough, confirm to the rabid fanbase that they're not drinking the Kool-Aid and immediately all lose re-election, unless a mob storms the place and they're lynched.

Yeah the goal is still "quick pass some laws before the evidence is debunked" but Cyber Ninjas has forced their hand. They now have an evidence-finding commission who will not provide evidence. They can choose to be a wussy pushover laughingstock and accept that, or they can spend their last few days in office glad they were the last elected AZ officials with principles and common sense.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/conspi...&source=Reddit

And Cyber Ninja's is just straight up saying they won't release all the documents the courts have repeatedly affirmed they must release. At some point the courts should start like, actually laying down penalties on conservative folks and groups consistently and flagrantly ignoring court orders. Or at least they should, but probably won't.
    There are still people saying that Arizona is going to be overturned with this shit. And I just keep telling them, that if they had ANY evidence of fraud, they would be running to any microphone they could to post it. They aren't, so they are trying to do anything they can to keep getting money from OANN and their grifters.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by postman1782 View Post
    There are still people saying that Arizona is going to be overturned with this shit. And I just keep telling them, that if they had ANY evidence of fraud, they would be running to any microphone they could to post it. They aren't, so they are trying to do anything they can to keep getting money from OANN and their grifters.
    This is 100% correct. If Cyber Ninjas had found anything legitimate, they would be screeching from the hilltops about it. Already. The fact that this hasn't happened, means that what we knew would happen from almost the beginning has come to fruition, or lack thereof - nothing to report. Although they'll still be screeching to their hilltops - because that cash cow never stops giving.

They sent it all to Mike Lindell, who I guess thought that claiming massive fraud in Alabama, a state Trump handily won and a state where massive theoretical vote-switching in favor of Biden clearly didn't alter the results anyways.

Alabama has, of course, denied this.

I do enjoy when the friendly fire starts, though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Although they'll still be screeching to their hilltops - because that cash cow never stops giving.
    There needs to be a legal consequence for this.
    1) They were paid by the AZ Senate and are refusing to conform to contractor rules.
    2) They are basically saying under oath they found fraud but can't show anything.
    3) And yes, they're making the public rounds saying they found fraud when they have nothing.

1) should be reason to sue by the state. 2) should be perjury, but they're trying to dance on the edge of that. The AZ Senate, if they cared, would force them to take the stand and say what they found, making it a "put up or shut up" with 5 years in jail behind it. 3) is in the hands of Dominion, Maricopa County, or some such. They should be taping these Cyber Ninja employees making backless claims, dragging them into court, and saying "submit the evidence". After all, it can easily be shown they had access to everything they needed. If they say "we found fraud" and have nothing, demonstrating they know the statement is false is trivial.

Until there are consequences, Cyber Ninjas will continue to spout intentional misinformation and attack democracy. We as a country need to show that's not acceptable.

Still waiting.

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    This is 100% correct. If Cyber Ninjas had found anything legitimate, they would be screeching from the hilltops about it. Already. The fact that this hasn't happened, means that what we knew would happen from almost the beginning has come to fruition, or lack thereof - nothing to report. Although they'll still be screeching to their hilltops - because that cash cow never stops giving.
    Yep, they knew there was no fraud basically right away, and still went ahead with the bullshit, thanks to the internal memo that came out about it, which is why I hope Dominion and Smartmatic win all of their cases and own My Pillow soon.

- - - Updated - - -

They sent it all to Mike Lindell, who I guess thought that claiming massive fraud in Alabama, a state Trump handily won and a state where massive theoretical vote-switching in favor of Biden clearly didn't alter the results anyways.

Alabama has, of course, denied this.

I do enjoy when the friendly fire starts, though.
    Yep. And with the memo that was released, where the Trump administration knew they were lying and so did their lawyers, Lindell, Guiliani, Powell, and everyone else including Trump should be bankrupted easily with their lawsuits against them.

Quote Originally Posted by Spaceboytg View Post
    It looks like the report has been leaked: https://www.azcentral.com/story/news...20/5835521001/

If I'm reading the article correctly, the contractor is saying that their results were nearly the same as the county's (actually, they give Biden an even wider margin of victory) but still insist there must have been fraud ... because.
    Well, this is going to be awkward for some folks.

Thanks for the prompt post.

I expect to hear a thousand Trumpsters screaming about "But, there's still so many things we don't know!!!"
    Last edited by Machismo; 2021-09-24 at 04:09 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ah, the schadenfreude. Trump supporters are going to suffer a huge meltdown tomorrow or try to make mountains out of molehills from insignificant details in the report.
    "If you are ever asking yourself 'Is Trump lying or is he stupid?', the answer is most likely C: All of the Above" - Seth Meyers

I hope Dominion and Smartmatic win all of their cases and own My Pillow soon.
    If this happens, I will be VERY disappointed if I don't get to vote from bed.
    "We must make our choice. We may have democracy, or we may have wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both."
    -Louis Brandeis

Quote Originally Posted by Spaceboytg View Post
    ... because.
    Because they couldn't find any.

That's the beauty of the current rotten mind of these people. Their logic is self sustaining. You know, the absence of evidence is not the evidence of absence! Try, try, and try again until you can hopefully get the results you want. We got seven Benghazi's out of it and a dead Clinton presidency, so it can work out.