Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    only acceptable options now are either with Med'an or back to Azeroth in some weird acid trip where we retcon away the Shadolands story.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kilpi View Post
    Amazing in vanilla WoW? As a bouncing night elf not doing anything? So amazing.
    She did plenty, the best thing she did was to die

She will claim the Arbiting Orb from Zovaal and claim 'there must always be.. an Arbiter' and she is obviously the only one qualified to do it. Then she will grow to be 25 feet tall, sprout angelic wings and an Arbiter design, and spend the rest of time perched on top of Oribos.

As a Ranger General she fought to defend her people and her homeland to the end, was a noble and fearless leader and protector of the weak, this is Bastion. Then her soul was split and she got turned into a banshee and became malicious, scheming and evil. The things she did then are only for the Maw. The complication is that we don't know how much of this is truly her fault or she was a victim like Uther was. If we say Uther isn't evil, but he did bads because his soul was messed up, that's pretty much the same thing that happened to Arthas as well as Sylvanas. Only that they had it worse spending many years as undead, whereas Uther was bored and restless in paradise.

Does she have sins to atone for like Kael'thas? He very knowingly did what he did and he got Revendreth. Lady Vashj got Maldraxxus, she is anything but a noble warrior. Sylvanas did terrible things, but is it fair we judge her for her messed up soul, but have Uther quietly heal from the same condition after getting his soul rejoined much like she did?

I despise Sylvanas, but the Jailer playing with souls adds a twist to the whole thing and if we are looking to be fair (since the Arbiter must be), I couldn't make the call before we have more context on how much of her actions was herself and how much it was due to her soul getting split.

Sylvanas has 4 iterations in my opinion:
    W3: Neutral Character
    Wotlk-Legion: Anti-Hero
    BFA: Mustache twirler. The worst iteration of her in history.
    Shadowlands: Red-pilled Sylvanas. Pretty interesting but confusing.

To answer your question... send SL to Revendreth. BFA can go in the trash. Wotlk-legion to Maldraxxus and W3 to Ardenweald
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Made mortal again, then imprisoned for the rest of her life in the Violet Hold OR made mortal again - then executed as a traitor to the Horde - resurrected - executed as a traitor to the high elves, sent to Bastion and made into a nameless npc that appears to be repairing a wall.

Quote Originally Posted by Kilpi View Post
    Amazing in vanilla WoW? As a bouncing night elf not doing anything? So amazing.
    Just like almost every NPC in vanilla, as an NPC? The thing about vanilla and why it was great, is that the game wasn't cutscenes or drama. It was the depth of the world, and the lore behind her was insane coming from Wc3 with all the quest she was involved in. The lore arch about the forsaken was superb in Vanilla, time to stop skipping the quest text

Honestly after all she has done, the danger she posed and damage she has done to both the material plane and the Shadowlands, well the only place for that is the maw.

Though honestly by now absolute oblivion would serve both justice and vengeance better, both for her and her victims.

Quote Originally Posted by hydrium View Post
    Polymorphed into a bowl of fruit.
    Best answer.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

The worst punishment would be to have her defect to the Alliance where all good characterization goes to die in the bland sea of lawful good clones. She can spend the rest of her days helping them and atoning for her crimes as another soulless puppet to Blanduin and his super swell friends.

Forever Maw. If it weren't for "nothing escapes the Maw"...and then everyone does.

execute her. behead and burn to ashes

send soul to Revendreth for millenia

and hope she ends up in Ardenweald if she succeeds
    dot

5+ Year Old Account
    It just burns my mind why the Jailer chose her? Why her? Uther has faced similar death. Have you guys ever wondered where Tirion Fordring might be?

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cloudmaker View Post
    It just burns my mind why the Jailer chose her? Why her? Uther has faced similar death. Have you guys ever wondered where Tirion Fordring might be?
    Well, Tirion got toasted by Fel magic, so his soul could have never been sent to the SL because it was destroyed in the first place.

That is assuming that the pre-BfA lore still holds true, which I really doubt, given the sheer barrage of retcons that BfA and especially SL are built upon.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Bowl of fruit.

I would send her back to lead the Horde, since they have no interesting leaders anymore. Might as well since the factions are completely nonsensical as it is, no point even having two of them yet here we are. But within the context of the covenants being the only choices, I would definitely make her a Necrolord.

10+ Year Old Account
    Revendreth, how is that a question? She needs rehab before she's ready for whichever other afterlife awaits her.

The fate she'll probably get, though, is she's the new arbiter because Blizzard wants to have their cake and eat it regarding antiheroes/villains, where one or two actions redeem lifetime(s) of cruelty and selfishness with no outward contrition on their part.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    Well, Tirion got toasted by Fel magic, so his soul could have never been sent to the SL because it was destroyed in the first place.

That is assuming that the pre-BfA lore still holds true, which I really doubt, given the sheer barrage of retcons that BfA and especially SL are built upon.
    He was not. In legion paladin campain we met him as he was dying and we gave Highlord Ashbringer. He was buried in Light Hope chapel. As death knight (Bolvar eariel threated relase scrouge if we didn't work with him) we had trying make him 4th horseman, of course we failed (Darion was killed by Light and raised as 4horseman, beceause probably that was Bolvar plan). As paladin we were able to hear Tirion inside Ashbringer and we later corrupted the Ashbringer beceause DK owe us (and horseman did as Tyrosus wanted, Yes we destroyed Tirion legacy for fancy skin on the sword). and when Magni asked we use power (and Tirion spirit? Maybe) to heal Azeroth. So Tirion can be in Azeroth soul, or Lightlands or any shadowlands realm )

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Askyl View Post
    Just like almost every NPC in vanilla, as an NPC? The thing about vanilla and why it was great, is that the game wasn't cutscenes or drama. It was the depth of the world, and the lore behind her was insane coming from Wc3 with all the quest she was involved in. The lore arch about the forsaken was superb in Vanilla, time to stop skipping the quest text
    I know why vanilla was great, the world and lore was the best in vanilla. But to me Sylvanas was pretty ok in WC3, if not the comically stupid way of trying to kill Arthas, but I still wouldn't say she was anywhere NEAR amazing in vanilla.

Quote Originally Posted by Cloudmaker View Post
    Maw. Pretty much so. Many innocents ended up there because of her decisions. I don't want her in Bastion. Please, do not put her there. Fragment her soul into stygian embers! We will all profit from this!
    There are "redeemed" venthyr who did FAR FAR FAR worse than she ever did. There is no reason she would ever have gone to the maw much less even Arthas(he only went due to Devos and Uther).