Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    You are one dull and hollow sonofabitch, if you care about any of these changes. Seriously.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    And again, let’s presume equity in schools is achievable. Then why should a parent read to a child?

All I'm seeing from these changes is blizzard loudly proclaiming that women are the problem.

Not seeing any sexualized male stuff changing.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

As someone who no longer cares about the game or company, but enjoys watching all of this from the fence, this kind of stuff is funny to watch. They are overreacting to a point that it's going to be more harmful than helpful by creating the sensation that the game can only be childish and clean so no one gets offended. I can even understand why they are trying so hard, but it's a bit disheartening since the customers are the ones who will be treated as little kids that can't handle a dick joke or the reality of the relationship between some mogus.
    "Mastery Haste will fix it."

Quote Originally Posted by tankbug View Post
    Being reminded of all the real sexual harassment going on in Blizzard hits a bit closer to home than the fantasy of using dark magic to kill other game characters, I guess.
    The real sexual harassment isn't combated by changing an icon in game. Were people at Blizzard harassed because the Love Rocket icon looked like a penis?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vasilisa View Post
    They are pretending that they care, it's obvious that it's to show prosecutors that they are doing something. Yet, it looks pathetic, like as if they were thinking that the fact that their bosses were perverts was players fault.
    I think that what they're doing is easy, nearly free and something to point to if they need it. So you're on to something there. It doesn't mean a lot. But it's not nothing either. It's a public dog whistle that indicates "OK. We get it."

They are going to be a bit more thoughtful about inserting sexual references like "Love Rocket" into the game going forward. That's an artifact of the corporate culture they want (and need) to erase. They're not wrong in pursuing that change. Having things in their game that could come from a bad Flesh Gordon remake isn't helping them. Their content choices will be watched forever starting now. I think they're aware of that and will lay back on pandering to their male customers.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Geckoo View Post
    They are overreacting to a point that it's going to be more harmful than helpful by creating the sensation that the game can only be childish and clean so no one gets offended. I can even understand why they are trying so hard, but it's a bit disheartening since the customers are the ones who will be treated as little kids that can't handle a dick joke or the reality of the relationship between some mogus.
    Lacing the game with mild sexual innuendo intended to be amusing could be considered fairly childish in its own right. It's still a game rated for 12+.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

No-one was offended by those names, so no reason to change them on that basis. Changing them isn't going to help with the lawsuit, so no reason to change them on that basis either.

That leaves two options: Either they are failing to learn lessons, or they are appeasing investors. I think it's a bit of both.

On a minor point, it's sad watching Blizzard strip the game of its character and sense of humour.

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    Lacing the game with mild sexual innuendo intended to be amusing could be considered fairly childish in its own right. It's still a game rated for 12+.
    So what's the problem with the game being considered childish, if it's supposed to be for children?

- - - Updated - - -

I think that what they're doing is easy, nearly free and something to point to if they need it.
    Point to what? The fact they changed a penis icon? If having a penis icon in the game to begin with is a problem, then that only draws attention to the fact, that it's there in the first place, as well as draw attention to all of the things, that are similar, and are still in the game.

I mean where does this stop?

How far do they have to go?

There is a tribute to Tenacious D in the game. The Tenacious Defender is a belt, that drops in Hellfire Ramparts and it's a clear reference to the band. And the band has made songs like "Fuck Her Gently" and "Low-Hanging Fruit" and all sorts of songs about sexual content, and the cover of Rize of the Fenix intentionally looks like a penis.

Is that a problem? If the Love Rocket icon looking like a penis is a problem, then isn't the tribute to a band, that does similar things also a problem?

Is it ok to make a song about fucking women hard, because they like that, or isn't that sexist? Does Blizzard want to be associated with people like that?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    On a minor point, it's sad watching Blizzard strip the game of its character and sense of humour.
    A little bit but humor gets dated and Blizzard misses with the in-game jokes that are cultural references (and yes, even mild sexual innuendo is a cultural reference that can easily go sour as we have seen) than they hit. That whole CSI: Miami bit in Westfall and that painfully bad Indiana/Harrison Jones thing in Uldum would have better been tabled. It's aged out badly.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Love Rocket View Post
    See, this is the most hilarious thing. We play warlocks, rogues and death knights. We have entire classes build around inflicting suffering, stealing and murdering. But a penis icon is going too far.

- - - Updated - - -

And you're participating.
    Nah, I'm not the one making a new account for the express purpose of shitposting complaints.
    If I don't respond to something you tagged me in, assume one of two things.
    1) Your post was too stupid to acknowledge, or
    2) Your post is cringe and not worth replying to.

Alternatively, if it happens a lot I probably have you blocked due to one of the above things. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Love Rocket View Post
    Like I said, Streisand effect. No one was even thinking of any of these things. Were there any complaints about Mac'Aree being named after a guy, who was in a picture? Any complaints about the Love Rocket? They are bringing things up people haven't even thought about, and it creates negative feelings towards the company instead of positive ones, because people are either annoyed with the changes, and don't see the sense in it, or they are being reminded that these things existed to begin with.

Meanwhile Quinton Flynn's voice was purged from the game, even though he's been found innocent and it turned out the woman, who accused him, was stalking him. Madeleine Roux still has a tribute NPC in the game, even though she literally said "white people must be stopped" and all other sorts of hateful things about white men.
    Actually, the removal of memorial npcs for known offenders is something completely different than the ongoing desexualization and it was widely supported and yes, ever asked for, by parts of the community.
    But this bullshit is just insane xD

A little bit but humor gets dated and Blizzard misses with the in-game jokes that are cultural references (and yes, even mild sexual innuendo is a cultural reference that can easily go sour as we have seen) than they hit. That whole CSI: Miami bit in Westfall and that painfully bad Indiana/Harrison Jones thing in Uldum would have better been tabled. It's aged out badly.
    Ok, should all of that be removed now?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    Actually, the removal of memorial npcs for known offenders
    Your premise is wrong. He didn't do anything wrong.

I think that what they're doing is easy, nearly free and something to point to if they need it. So you're on to something there. It doesn't mean a lot. But it's not nothing either. It's a public dog whistle that indicates "OK. We get it."

They are going to be a bit more thoughtful about inserting sexual references like "Love Rocket" into the game going forward. That's an artifact of the corporate culture they want (and need) to erase. They're not wrong in pursuing that change. Having things in their game that could come from a bad Flesh Gordon remake isn't helping them. Their content choices will be watched forever starting now. I think they're aware of that and will lay back on pandering to their male customers.

- - - Updated - - -

Correction. These changes mean nothing, and arguably are harmful themselves.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

10+ Year Old Account
    Still wondering that they didn't remove this npc:
    https://www.wowhead.com/npc=25329/go...-corpsegrinder

Named after cannibal corpse's lead singer who called night elf players ( or was it the alliance ? ) f*gg*ts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    Correction. These changes mean nothing, and arguably are harmful themselves.
    No one outside of a relatively few forum folk gives a shit about any of these changes. As I said earlier, it's simply a useful dog whistle that they can use to demonstrate that they are trying to make a change.
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2021-09-23 at 11:20 AM.

They are coming for him:

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    Blizzard do what the players want all the time.

What a retarded way for Americans to come full circle with their puritanical bullshit.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

No one outside of a relatively few forum folk gives a shit about any of these changes. As I said earlier, it's simply a useful dog whistle that they can use to demonstrate that they are trying to make a change.
    If nobody gives a shit about these changes, then there is no reason to change it.

It "ends" when the game has become Sharia-compliant and removed all scantily-clad females, because their sinful skin will only drive all of the toxic males into a lustful frenzy, so it's the woman's fault for not covering up! No room for edgy humor, either, that might offend some pansy in Los Angeles who gets "triggered" by any showing of masculinity, as all men are rapists.

Quote Originally Posted by sunxsera View Post
    Still wondering that they didn't remove this npc:
    https://www.wowhead.com/npc=25329/go...-corpsegrinder

Named after cannibal corpse's lead singer who called night elf players ( or was it the alliance ? ) f*gg*ts.
    Don't give them any ideas.
    The absolute state of Warcraft lore in 2021:
    Kyrians: We need to keep chucking people into the Maw because it's our job.
    Also Kyrians: Why is the Maw growing stronger despite all our efforts?