Page 21 of 93 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Mata and Greenwood had their moments, even Matic looked really good, but lack of cohesion is kind of inevitable when you play an 11 with barely 90 minutes between them.
    Comes back to the same thing, right. Individual moments. If Bruno and Ronaldo don't tick, the rest of the team isn't really up there consistency wise to create regular quality moments. It's to me the big difference between City/Chelsea and Man United. Consistent brilliance.

Quote Originally Posted by Valkyrst View Post
    United have gone from being reliant on Bruno to being reliant on Bruno and Ronaldo. Solskjaer's biggest issue is he's so reliant on individual moments of brilliance, that when that doesn't happen, the team ends up looking pretty toothless. It's not for a lack of talent, just a lack of cohesion.
    That's the thing when you have a manager who is way out of his depth though. You have worse teams in the league with better managers who manage to score goals without world class players on the pitch.

Quote Originally Posted by Zantera View Post
    That's the thing when you have a manager who is way out of his depth though. You have worse teams in the league with better managers who manage to score goals without world class players on the pitch.
    He's feeling more and more like a low budget Zidane. Zidane was mainly there to manage egos and create goodwill.

The titles won under him were largely down to the team being chock full of stars in their prime.

lol @ barca always nice watching them suffer.

15+ Year Old Account
    speechless.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerph- View Post
    speechless.
    I find it would be better if Ole just shuts up instead of trying to be some media cool dude. Says Klopp is why they don’t get penalties. Gets one and then this happens. Not his fault for the miss, but he just asks for criticism during an already shoddy performance.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerph- View Post
    speechless.
    lol watched it

pogba always looks like he is playing in treacle, he can put the ball anywhere on the pitch he wants but cant make a good choice and looks so slow and lazy
    AWB cannot make the correct choice. He was criticized for his end product and now when there is a killer pass on he always takes the safe option and makes a 10 yard pass instead
    Fred lol enough said
    Mctom same as fred non entity.

brunos penalty was criminal though, you cannot in 2021 not hit the target.

Chelsea were shite as well.

I find it would be better if Ole just shuts up instead of trying to be some media cool dude. Says Klopp is why they don’t get penalties. Gets one and then this happens. Not his fault for the miss, but he just asks for criticism during an already shoddy performance.
    Aston Villa had 3-4 legit great chances to score throughout the game and deserved the 3 points more than we would have, yet after the game I hear Ole on some rant about some offside and it just makes me angry because it's like he lives in la la land.

Aston Villa had 3-4 legit great chances to score throughout the game and deserved the 3 points more than we would have, yet after the game I hear Ole on some rant about some offside and it just makes me angry because it's like he lives in la la land.
    He’s a fucking plank. Villa were the better side. He’s got like £200m+ worth of talent sitting on the bench. He shouldn’t be allowed to say anything apart from ‘we were shit and it’s my fault’. Delusional nutcase.

yea blaming the ref for a decision is the 'leave it to the judges scorecards' in boxing. You have to go for the knockout sometimes, united should be 3 goals up with that team and not worry about one decision not going their way.

ill get the telescope out tonight and see in that bruno penalty ball is in orbit still

Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post
    yea blaming the ref for a decision is the 'leave it to the judges scorecards' in boxing. You have to go for the knockout sometimes, united should be 3 goals up with that team and not worry about one decision not going their way.

ill get the telescope out tonight and see in that bruno penalty ball is in orbit still
    The squad is probably in the top 5 in the world. Yet they play like a Europa League team that relies on individual moments to pull them through. Even though Chelsea lost today, them and Man City have a way more team/collective ethic relative to Man United. The gulf is still big. Solsjkaer needs to sort himself out.

He’s a fucking plank. Villa were the better side. He’s got like £200m+ worth of talent sitting on the bench. He shouldn’t be allowed to say anything apart from ‘we were shit and it’s my fault’. Delusional nutcase.
    Thing is SAF used to do it but you can get away with it if you're a good manager winning titles. That's why Klopp and Pep can get away with silly comments. When you're way in over your head at a job that realistically should never have been given to you, it just comes off as stupid to blame 'bad luck' or bad refereeing.

Thing is SAF used to do it but you can get away with it if you're a good manager winning titles. That's why Klopp and Pep can get away with silly comments. When you're way in over your head at a job that realistically should never have been given to you, it just comes off as stupid to blame 'bad luck' or bad refereeing.
    Bingo. When top managers do it, it's clear they're deflecting attention from a team that is ride or die for the manager.

When the manager does it in situations like that, he just comes across like a whiny git.

10+ Year Old Account
    Greenwood was the only player that played remotely well today. Nobody else could even manage basics of passing and controlling the ball, winning second balls, or even dribbling. Literally knocking it to nobody and falling over it, even from Ronaldo and Bruno.

Some of the shit I saw today would’ve been comical if it wasn’t a few hundred million worth of professional players doing it. I don’t know if it’s Ole but I don’t know how you legislate for just being bad across the board. We certainly haven’t done anything to improve set pieces.

No one would’ve scored that penalty today, they were all so off the pace.

Losing Shaw and Maguire probably didn’t help, but I’m not sure how much it hindered either.

My biggest frustration is that even though on paper our start isn't that bad overall (even though there are some duds for sure) we haven't really played that great in any game imo. Big wins against Leeds and Newcastle look good on paper but if you look at both those teams and how they have started the season, it hasn't really been great for either. West Ham last week we barely scraped a win and there hasn't really been that win where the tactics just demolish the other team. At best we get the lead against a much weaker team and when they try to attack you we use individual brilliance from world class players to get a few easy goals on the counter.

My biggest frustration is that even though on paper our start isn't that bad overall (even though there are some duds for sure) we haven't really played that great in any game imo. Big wins against Leeds and Newcastle look good on paper but if you look at both those teams and how they have started the season, it hasn't really been great for either. West Ham last week we barely scraped a win and there hasn't really been that win where the tactics just demolish the other team. At best we get the lead against a much weaker team and when they try to attack you we use individual brilliance from world class players to get a few easy goals on the counter.
    You're playing like you did last season.
    You put in average performances, ride your luck and turn it on in the 80th minute.

It worked for you to a degree, but I think it's finally catching up with you.
    You need to get rid of Ole. He's holding you back.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby B View Post
    You're playing like you did last season.
    You put in average performances, ride your luck and turn it on in the 80th minute.

It worked for you to a degree, but I think it's finally catching up with you.
    You need to get rid of Ole. He's holding you back.
    Yeah I agree for sure. You can only ride the luck of playing like crap and squeezing a win for so long before the tables turn.

Wow wanna rip my eyes out watching spurs, cuz I cant switch it off.

Do we have more than 3 players that actually want to be spurs players?

I can point fingers at players or the chairman or the manager but this is a complete shit show.

last 2 and 1/2 games 0 scored 9 conceded and all London derbies just to rub that salt in...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marleycat View Post
    Wow wanna rip my eyes out watching spurs, cuz I cant switch it off.

Do we have more than 3 players that actually want to be spurs players?

I can point fingers at players or the chairman or the manager but this is a complete shit show.

last 2 and 1/2 games 0 scored 9 conceded and all London derbies just to rub that salt in...
    Chairman issue. Toxicity of a wantaway player is contagious, same for any workforce.

Also the bar for VAR intervention gets higher every week.

15+ Year Old Account
    RB Leipzig 1 - 2 Club Bruges

Gonna be parties in Bruges tonight, been ages since a Belgian team has done so well in the group stages of the CL (hope I don't jinx it now).