Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kantoro View Post
    Bowl of fruit.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowtwili View Post
    To be fair, if Arthas ends up in the Maw for bieng misguided and lured into a impossible choice by the forces of Death then so does Sylvanas.

She was a remarkably good background character that did darker stuff but never truly went so far that the Alliance had a cause to declare outright war.
    But Arthas didn’t end up in the Maw. Evil Uther hijacked the process and put him there. Arthas wasn’t sent anywhere because he was never judged by the Arbiter.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    Well, Tirion got toasted by Fel magic, so his soul could have never been sent to the SL because it was destroyed in the first place.

That is assuming that the pre-BfA lore still holds true, which I really doubt, given the sheer barrage of retcons that BfA and especially SL are built upon.
    That’s terrible. However, There was a conversation between two Morgraine guys in Korthia. Maybe his soul could be alive somewhere in the realm of light.

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    Wherever she goes, Arthas should be her roommate.

Maybe have them stuck in a time loop together where they relive the events of Quel'thalas forever?
    Quote Originally Posted by Minikin View Post
    "Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never....BURN IT"
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    You are kinda joe Roganing this topic. Hardly have any actual knowledge other than what people have told you, and jumping into a discussion with people who have direct experience with it. Don't be Joe Rogan.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    When thinking on what will happen next with Sylvanas, I had an idea.
    how about we kill her

Bloodsail Admiral Smallfruitbat's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Beta testing for the next expac, eternally damned to have her feedback ignored until the last patch.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by brandolf123 View Post
    how about we kill her
    Not going to happen with Danuser in the writing team :/

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Smallfruitbat View Post
    Beta testing for the next expac, eternally damned to have her feedback ignored until the last patch.
    Hey, I like this
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Maw doesn't work for 2 big reasons.
    1. Nobody is meant to actually go there. If they did it was basically Jailer messing with things throught Mueh'zala or something. It never was a penetentary that's Revendreth.
    2. If anyone knows ways out of the Maw it's her so there is literally no point.

As for what i think would be the ideal ending, of this attrocity of a "storyarc" then it'd be somewhere on Azeroth roaming in the background, for later use either saving Aleria, from the consequences of poor life decisions or something with the Blelves/Forsaken's hour of need. Leave the discussions of what should or should not happen to her up to the playerbase and individual characters, even potentially something to build conflicts around down the line.

7+ Year Old Account
    ah yes, i love democracy, we sure should give this power to the community, they will vote well

But like it was said, the only place she can go is the maw, but she will be the new arbiter or some shenanigan like that.

Quote Originally Posted by ohwell View Post
    There are "redeemed" venthyr who did FAR FAR FAR worse than she ever did. There is no reason she would ever have gone to the maw much less even Arthas(he only went due to Devos and Uther).
    But there is the catch. She actually managed to conspire with the Jailer to send all the souls who died in the war… or possibly even simply during the war on Azeroth directly into the Maw.

So unlike any of those planet-cracking, world-ruling, monstrous characters she managed not simply cut those lives short but to doom their immortal souls to eternal damnation where most of them were destroyed entirely for Anima.

So she MILES ahead of your usual , run off the mill mass murderers and genociders.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by VladlTutushkin View Post
    But there is the catch. She actually managed to conspire with the Jailer to send all the souls who died in the war… or possibly even simply during the war on Azeroth directly into the Maw.
    Still it doesn't explain why she ended up in the Maw after committing suicide at the end of WotLK. She was certainly no Maw material at that point.

Still it doesn't explain why she ended up in the Maw after committing suicide at the end of WotLK. She was certainly no Maw material at that point.
    With how many… 12? 9? I forgot how many Jailer’s Val’Kyrs around? You even asking?

She got pulled in by those Valkyrs so Jailer could get himself a new puppet. Bolvar was too hard to influence since how stubborn that paladin is, so he sought out easier, more psychotic, less stable and more prone to slaughter and genocide target. And he found just the one!

5+ Year Old Account
    With how many… 12? 9? I forgot how many Jailer’s Val’Kyrs around? You even asking?

She got pulled in by those Valkyrs so Jailer could get himself a new puppet. Bolvar was too hard to influence since how stubborn that paladin is, so he sought out easier, more psychotic, less stable and more prone to slaughter and genocide target. And he found just the one!
    Yes, the Blue Man did pull her, that much is evident. Still it doesn't explain WHY, other than the Janitor having invested all his points in divination magic or something

Yes, the Blue Man did pull her, that much is evident. Still it doesn't explain WHY, other than the Janitor having invested all his points in divination magic or something
    Why? It is implied that his Plan A was Arthas through Kel'Thuzad as a proxy.

Arthas croaked and Bolvar was ALREADY in the "that helmet is going to try and fuck we me head" mode so it would take unnecessary long and complicated process of breaking his will, and Jailer needed a new puppet.

Someone prone to drastic genocides and murder.

Is that not possible WHY he chose Sylvanas? She is an idea tool. She is murderous, ruthless, STUPID and hates everybody. She also safe from "hmm" moments (well she was) since her ego will prevent her from doubting The Leader and The Plan AS LONG as you convince her that its what she also wants.

Hm, I'd say we retcon WoW's shit lore altogether and start fresh from Frozen Throne. Seems like that would be the best fate for not only her, but every other character butchered between then and now.

But if that isn't an option, I say let her live and continue to make mischief. I'm sure the fans would absolutely LOVE it.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Bonus points if she ends up yelling "the shadowlands are free!" in one of those gorgeous HD cinematics
    I can already tell from afar by these horrible stiff *not on point* animations! can't wait!

SHADOWLANDS IS FREE! (mouth still moving aftherwards)

5+ Year Old Account
    Why? It is implied that his Plan A was Arthas through Kel'Thuzad as a proxy.

Arthas croaked and Bolvar was ALREADY in the "that helmet is going to try and fuck we me head" mode so it would take unnecessary long and complicated process of breaking his will, and Jailer needed a new puppet.

Someone prone to drastic genocides and murder.

Is that not possible WHY he chose Sylvanas? She is an idea tool. She is murderous, ruthless, STUPID and hates everybody. She also safe from "hmm" moments (well she was) since her ego will prevent her from doubting The Leader and The Plan AS LONG as you convince her that its what she also wants.
    Headcanon. We need something more solid.

I thought I heard Anduin say "De spirits told me to make Sylvanas King mon, *cough cough* For de light" So have fun Stormwind, she's your problem now.

Headcanon. We need something more solid.
    We know that he wanted to use Arthas, that much is canon.

We also know he needed another pawn after Arthas died because he didnt gave up on his plan.

Its not even a theory.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dazmalak View Post
    Hm, I'd say we retcon WoW's shit lore altogether and start fresh from Frozen Throne. Seems like that would be the best fate for not only her, but every other character butchered between then and now.

But if that isn't an option, I say let her live and continue to make mischief. I'm sure the fans would absolutely LOVE it.
    Somehow i dont think so. Because 1) Her fans will not like the “good” version of hers.

2) Nobody else likes her at that point.

Revendreth it is.

It's weird, because we've yet to see a soul we know that was purposefully sent to the Maw. So, we don't really know the standard.