Quote Originally Posted by brandolf123 View Post
    I wonder when the actual patch is gonna come out and when we're gonna see a preview for 9.2
    9.1.5 will most likely come end of october / early novemeber, since the 2 weeks of back to back timewalking are already in the calender for the first week of november.
    9.2, well that one is more vague, but you can assume that the PTR will take another 2 months at least, so it won't come out before next year. They will probably announce it around mid to late november.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Felis igneus View Post
    9.1.5 will most likely come end of october / early novemeber, since the 2 weeks of back to back timewalking are already in the calender for the first week of november.
    9.2, well that one is more vague, but you can assume that the PTR will take another 2 months at least, so it won't come out before next year. They will probably announce it around mid to late november.
    sounds a bit late

7+ Year Old Account
    sounds a bit late
    Like pretty much everything this expansion.

Formerly known as Arafal

sounds a bit late
    Yeah, but that's been the running theme with this expansion so it adds up.
    Quote Originally Posted by choom View Post
    Which one of those ropes can I hang myself with

sounds a bit late
    Not really, if 9.2 comes out somewhere mid-to-late January or early February then it would have been a perfectly respectable 6 months and a bit since 9.1 released.
    Really it's only 9.1.5 that is late, it should have ideally been here right about now to be closer to the ideal 3 month patch cycle we saw in Legion.

The drought just feels especially bad right now because the entire expansion cycle has been thrown out of whack by the several months in total of delays on the game since before it was released.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

10+ Year Old Account
    This sounds about right. It gives them some time to try and build up some goodwill from 9.1.5 changes & hope for the best, then they can release 9.2 probably in early Feb if it is announced in November. That would line up well with a 10.0 BlizzConline announcement (provided the con happens) to try & build excitement while pointing towards the "new" Blizzard and/or "new" direction for WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    Not really, if 9.2 comes out somewhere mid-to-late January or early February then it would have been a perfectly respectable 6 months and a bit since 9.1 released.
    Really it's only 9.1.5 that is late, it should have ideally been here right about now to be closer to the ideal 3 month patch cycle we saw in Legion.

The drought just feels especially bad right now because the entire expansion cycle has been thrown out of whack by the several months in total of delays on the game since before it was released.
    Chains of Domination came out in June. So for it to be 6 months, 9.2 would have to come out in December.

Chains of Domination came out in June. So for it to be 6 months, 9.2 would have to come out in December.
    After 9.1 it's more reasonable to expect a 7.5 to 8 month major patch cadence.
    Ideally 9.2 would release before the next Blizzconline and there they unveil the next expansion, which would most likely release at the very end of 2022 or early 2023.
    Alternatively we might learn about 9.3..
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

8 months of PTR for 9.2, considering it will be on the PTR over the holiday period, is very short. 8.3 spent 13 weeks on the PTR and launched mid January. We're looking at a PTR phase of closer to 12 weeks than 8, which pushes the 9.2 release right around Blizzconline territory. And it makes sense if we get the expansion announcement at the same time.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Might have been looking at when Sanctum opened, which was the first Wednesday of July, so probably correct in that.
    Still, it wouldnt be that far off a normal patch cycle. Definitely not ideal, but far from the worst its even been. It really is just the entire expansion release cycle which is fucked in general I think.

- - - Updated - - -

After 9.1 it's more reasonable to expect a 7.5 to 8 month major patch cadence.
    Ideally 9.2 would release before the next Blizzconline and there they unveil the next expansion, which would most likely release at the very end of 2022 or early 2023.
    Alternatively we might learn about 9.3..
    7 to 8 months is really a perfectly respectable wait for a bigger patch like the X.2 patches. It's really 9.1.5 that is problematic being so late.

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    Playerss were complaining about stuff, but that always happens. The real issues didnt really show up until 9.1 took longer than it should have.
    Some of us who are not "launch tourists" saw problems almost immediately. The game became intolerable for me in mid-December, and I stopped playing even with more than two months left on my sub. It's remarkable: I was prepared to enjoy the game and play, as I had enjoyed and played all previous expansions save Cataclysm (which I ditched for most of 2011), but it felt like they had done a search-and-destroy on everything fun.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

The reward structure will never be fixed unless they remove gear drops from M+ or bring back Titanforging.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    The reward structure will never be fixed unless they remove gear drops from M+ or bring back Titanforging.
    ...We don't need titanforging. And removing gear drops from M+ will hurt it. Whatever you're smoking is pretty crazy.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

I'm curious how the legacy raid nerfs for Legion raids will work. I run Aggramar weekly on LFR difficulty since its the fastest, and while I'm not in any danger of it, his Taeshalach Technique can still yeet you easily if you let it reach that point (you shouldn't but sometimes just...stare into space and don't pay attention).

Still, looking forward to things.

9.2 will be the jailer in a fight reminiscent of the lich king fight in a raid reminiscent of icecrown citadel

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    ...We don't need titanforging. And removing gear drops from M+ will hurt it. Whatever you're smoking is pretty crazy.
    The reward structure, with raids being completely unviable for gearing and you having to rely on your Vault for actual proper gearing, is a side-effect of Mythic+ having actual gear and there being no Titanforging.

It's kind of common sense.

7+ Year Old Account
    Or, they could just increase raid drop rates so running them is actually worthwhile again instead of completely fucking over alternate progression systems?

Doing a whole raid should have a guaranteed item drop, at the very least.
    Last edited by Raetary; 2021-09-23 at 07:38 PM.

Formerly known as Arafal

3+ Year Old Account
    Removing gear drops from M+ wouldnt hurt it if they replaced the gear drops with cosmetics. Xmogs, enchants, mounts, titles, etc. M+ is designed to be competitive. Has been from the start. Past a certain point, the rewards should no longer be player power. Same as pvp.

The reward structure, with raids being completely unviable for gearing and you having to rely on your Vault for actual proper gearing, is a side-effect of Mythic+ having actual gear and there being no Titanforging.

It's kind of common sense.
    What purpose and progression should M+ have then? Currently it is in fact mostly propped up by gear, so you would need to replace it with something of equal value.
    Old challenge mode dungeons gave cosmetics, but this made them a once and done thing. M+ is supposed to be evergreen content for the expansion, it's what makes them, and by extension dungeons as a whole worth putting effort into.

M+ is problematic for raid progression, but in that case the solution should be something like PvP where the gear gained exists in its own microcosm where it is best, as opposed to taking it out to other forms of content.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    Or, they could just increase raid drop rates so running them is actually worthwhile again instead of completely fucking over alternate progression systems?

Doing a whole raid should have a guaranteed item drop, at the very least.
    I dunno, you would have to be pretty damn unlucky ot not get at least one or two pieces of gear per raid currently.

The issue which is the reason we have lower amounts of gear dropping is that if you get too much then you would end up geared in BiS pieces before you have even completed progression, leaving raiding afterwards pointless.
    The intent behind Warforging and later Titanforging was to alleviate this problem. However it ended up causing problems as a whole, which is why it in turn was removed.

Quote Originally Posted by Recovery View Post
    Removing gear drops from M+ wouldnt hurt it if they replaced the gear drops with cosmetics. Xmogs, enchants, mounts, titles, etc. M+ is designed to be competitive. Has been from the start. Past a certain point, the rewards should no longer be player power. Same as pvp.
    If you remove gear from m+ you pretty much just kill it for all people that no longer want to engage with the fixed raiding schedule, which is quite alot of people. I certainly know my m+ crew would just stop playing wow at all, since half of us don't raid at all anymore.