Quote Originally Posted by Varx View Post
    See, I hear you. But the duality of light and void is more of a priest gimmick. Paladin are all about the light and light only. Undead/velf priests only feel pain and not implode since they only channel the light.

As for LFD, DK's are a special kind of undead. I would assume they're a similar case to calia, between being light forged and a DK.

Yeah sure blizz could use the priest gimmick and apply it to velf pallies somehow but theirs a difference between a mortal channeling light and void in harmony and then being of being of pure void becoming imbued with light. But who knows what they can come up with.

It's just outlandish based on current lore.
    Yes, the most important part of your argument is current lore. I agree to make them work, they'd need to explain it properly, but there are already hooks to make it happen. If Calia and LFD DKs can be special kinds of undead, why could not be void elf paladins special kind as well? Other option is that void elf paladins would be one of the sugggest class skin, using void animations and being paladin only through gameplay, but they'd use void instead of Light canonicaly.

On the other hand, I think there are more interesting race/class combinations. Paladins are not crucial part of high elf identity either, so I don't feel that void elves/high elves are incomplete without the class. I personaly would prefer void elf shamans as kind of dark shamans and exploring connection between Void and Elements (we know that elements were enslaved by the Void back before).

I saw this on Wowhead, what are your thoughts on this? I very much enjoy this concept a lot:

With some Blood Knights exiled for their research in M'uru, it was realised that so too can other Dark Naaru powers be bent to their will.
    With the teachings of old former High Elven paladins of the Silver Hand, some Void Elves have begun to attempt to cleanse their void.

Blood Elves can be Paladins - why can't Void Elves?

The idea here is one that builds off the old Blood Knight Lore. Back in the day, Blood Elves drained magic from the Naaru M'uru to acquire their power which later lead to the collapse and creation of a Dark Naaru. The concept here was to build upon that old idea of using energies from the Naaru to acquire Light-based powers, but flip it upon itself to drain those energies for Void themed powers.
    This, of course, could lead to a rift within the Ren'dorei and lead some to lean more towards the light-side of the Naaru while others fully embrace its dark, twisted form.

The concept on the left (above) would essentially grant Void Elves a base-Paladin skin (for all those High Elves out there) while still leaning into the Void themed with the idea of a 'Void Paladin'.

The Riftblade spell kit would easily transfer to Void Elf Priests, Mages and even Warlocks to give them all a 'Void theme'

https://it.wowhead.com/news/goblin-p...n-races-324234

I love the idea of Ren'dorei "dark paladins" siphoning their powers from a Dark Naaru. Not only because it ties back to what the Blood Knight did in TBC (they did it with a Light Naaru), but it also ties into Alleria herself, who absorbed a Dark Naaru in Legion.
    Last edited by Varodoc; 2021-09-21 at 10:01 PM.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    I saw this on Wowhead, what are your thoughts on this? I very much enjoy this concept a lot:

Should definitely happen. Class/Race restrictions are super out-dated imo. For how often the WoW team asserts being 'gameplay first' they sure do restrict a lot in terms of character customization department 'due to lore'.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyriani View Post

Oh man.........

Quote Originally Posted by Geisl View Post
    Should definitely happen. Class/Race restrictions are super out-dated imo. For how often the WoW team asserts being 'gameplay first' they sure do restrict a lot in terms of character customization department 'due to lore'.
    Class Skins definitely would bring so much in terms of fantasy, we been knew.

10+ Year Old Account
    It would, thats why we're not getting it!

Indeed, and honestly Ren'dorei Paladins make as much sense as Tauren Paladins.

I.e. They don't make sense if you only think about it for 10 seconds, but once you think about it for 11 seconds, you can start seeing where Blizzard is coming from.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't think any race should be able to be any class, because no one wants pandaren or gnome demon hunters, but I think Ren'dorei Paladins should be playable, and there is a story to tell there.

The patron of these paladins could be Alleria herself, who shares her Void Naaru energy with these chosen champions of the Ren'dorei to empower them.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Indeed, and honestly Ren'dorei Paladins make as much sense as Tauren Paladins.

I.e. They don't make sense if you only think about it for 10 seconds, but once you think about it for 11 seconds, you can start seeing where Blizzard is coming from.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't think any race should be able to be any class, because no one wants pandaren or gnome demon hunters, but I think Ren'dorei Paladins should be playable, and there is a story to tell there.

The patron of these paladins could be Alleria herself, who shares her Void Naaru energy with these chosen champions of the Ren'dorei to empower them.
    Which is nothing unique and a purple ripoff from the original blood elf story and I dont think they should be paladins honestly, why should they anyway? It was never a high elf thing or a void thing. Seems out of place..
    Last edited by Alanar; 2021-09-22 at 11:14 AM.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    Which is nothing unique and a purple ripoff from the original blood elf story and I dont think they should be paladins honestly, why should they anyway? It was never a high elf thing or a void thing. Seems out of place..
    Because they've already been doing it anyway? That is, bending how their lore is portrayed in game. Tauren Paladins aren't actual Knights of the Holy Light. They're simply Sun Druids. Same for Zandalari Paladins, they're from worshipping a Holy Loa yet they'll still play with the Human based Paladin spell effects.

Blizzard has time and again made exceptions for trivial reasons. Heck this whole thread stands as a testament to that, they first said 'No' to High Elf looks for Void Elves, then gave them eventually anyway with the reasoning that was always stated for their inclusion in the first place, "it makes sense".

Because they've already been doing it anyway? That is, bending how their lore is portrayed in game. Tauren Paladins aren't actual Knights of the Holy Light. They're simply Sun Druids. Same for Zandalari Paladins, they're from worshipping a Holy Loa yet they'll still play with the Human based Paladin spell effects.

Blizzard has time and again made exceptions for trivial reasons. Heck this whole thread stands as a testament to that, they first said 'No' to High Elf looks for Void Elves, then gave them eventually anyway with the reasoning that was always stated for their inclusion in the first place, "it makes sense".
    NGL, the whole paladin debate feels so pointless to me. Like VE's (and HE's) don't need them, but it would be cool if they had -mostly because class skins are just a cool concept-

But to say that "Void Elf Paladins make as much sense as Tauren Paladins" is kinda silly with how the lore for paladins currently is; even if Prelates and Sunwalkers have their own orders and beliefs, they are STILL channeling holy light. The difference in belief does not change from where their power actually comes from.

Class Skins could change that, and it would be awesome, but right now, with paladins only being able to channel Holy Light, it really doesn't make sense for Void Elves to even be paladins on the first place, so we DO need the idea of a paradigm shift through Class Skins for it to really work.

- - - Updated - - -

While I personally would like the idea of expanding the idea of what a paladin is and how it would lend to a more expansive class fantasy, I have to agree that unless "Void Knights" come with a unique story that's good, what's the point? They are unnecessary; the paladin archetype as it is has nothing to do with Void -it's literally anathema right now- we might as well get Dark Shamans.

Like it would be neat to expand the classes fantasy, but VE nor HE *need* to be paladins, and as much as I'd love a HE paladin, I really think Shaman would be a far more interesting choice to see a void aspect of it through Void Elves.

3+ Year Old Account
    instead of Paladins for Void Elves we could get "battlemage" class; something like the Night Elf Wardens, the Void Knights, the Blood Elf Spellbreakers, the Forsaken Dreadguards, etc.

but of course, Tinker class first
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

I make Warcraft 3 Reforged HD custom models and I'm also an HD model reviewer.

Quote Originally Posted by Ardenaso View Post
    instead of Paladins for Void Elves we could get "battlemage" class; something like the Night Elf Wardens, the Void Knights, the Blood Elf Spellbreakers, the Forsaken Dreadguards, etc.

Honestly I'm not very hopeful about new classes at all.

Why do people always need to use "instead" and not just "in addition to"?

We can get... both :shrug:

Battlemage concept is cool indeed, the closest thing we got in playable classes is possibly enhancement shaman (combining spells and attacks), but I don't think we will ever see new class.

Also, spellbreakers, while extremely cool, are also very niche concept which can't really carry full class with 3 specs.

Night elf wardens, Void knights are good candidates for class skins, Forsaken dreadguard are basicaly DKs/Warriors.

Talking about class skins, everybody seem to be focused on Void knight skin for Void elf paladins, but I'd be more hyped for "Riftblade" skin for Void elf DHs, replacing Fel with Void. If you think about it, it would make good sense and would go well along transformation Void elves went through. Their metamorphosis could even transform them to ethereals. Similarly, Horde could get "Spellblade" skin for Nightborne DHs, replacing Fel with Arcane, to even the scale.

Of all concepts, Tinker seem most likely though, but I feel that Blizz missed their opportunity on that class in BfA.
    Last edited by Vaedan; 2021-09-23 at 10:29 AM.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MyWholeLifeIsThunder View Post
    NGL, the whole paladin debate feels so pointless to me. Like VE's (and HE's) don't need them, but it would be cool if they had -mostly because class skins are just a cool concept-

But to say that "Void Elf Paladins make as much sense as Tauren Paladins" is kinda silly with how the lore for paladins currently is; even if Prelates and Sunwalkers have their own orders and beliefs, they are STILL channeling holy light. The difference in belief does not change from where their power actually comes from.

Class Skins could change that, and it would be awesome, but right now, with paladins only being able to channel Holy Light, it really doesn't make sense for Void Elves to even be paladins on the first place, so we DO need the idea of a paradigm shift through Class Skins for it to really work.

- - - Updated - - -

While I personally would like the idea of expanding the idea of what a paladin is and how it would lend to a more expansive class fantasy, I have to agree that unless "Void Knights" come with a unique story that's good, what's the point? They are unnecessary; the paladin archetype as it is has nothing to do with Void -it's literally anathema right now- we might as well get Dark Shamans.

Like it would be neat to expand the classes fantasy, but VE nor HE *need* to be paladins, and as much as I'd love a HE paladin, I really think Shaman would be a far more interesting choice to see a void aspect of it through Void Elves.
    I mean.. those are all what ifs.. or this could be cool cus x.
    But right now.. it just sounds weird and doesnt make much sense tbh.

the high elf customization options for void elves arent good enough

the racial triggers and turns your skin purple

only acceptable thing is for high elves to be their own race

I mean.. those are all what ifs.. or this could be cool cus x.
    But right now.. it just sounds weird and doesnt make much sense tbh.
    That's exactly what I am saying.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vaedan View Post
    Battlemage concept is cool indeed, the closest thing we got in playable classes is possibly enhancement shaman (combining spells and attacks), but I don't think we will ever see new class.

Also, spellbreakers, while extremely cool, are also very niche concept which can't really carry full class with 3 specs.

Night elf wardens, Void knights are good candidates for class skins, Forsaken dreadguard are basicaly DKs/Warriors.

Talking about class skins, everybody seem to be focused on Void knight skin for Void elf paladins, but I'd be more hyped for "Riftblade" skin for Void elf DHs, replacing Fel with Void. If you think about it, it would make good sense and would go well along transformation Void elves went through. Their metamorphosis could even transform them to ethereals. Similarly, Horde could get "Spellblade" skin for Nightborne DHs, replacing Fel with Arcane, to even the scale.

Of all concepts, Tinker seem most likely though, but I feel that Blizz missed their opportunity on that class in BfA.
    Oh, Riftblade as a DH skin could be indeed be very cool. Like indeed we all kinda tend to focus on the possibilities of the paladin when it comes to class skins, but DH is kind of on the same boat, so many possibilities.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by brandolf123 View Post
    the high elf customization options for void elves arent good enough

the racial triggers and turns your skin purple

only acceptable thing is for high elves to be their own race
    Kay, let us know how it goes for you on that.

Alternate heritage armor options when?

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post

Alternate heritage armor options when?
    It really bothers me that there's no variance on heritage armor colors, when races like maghar do have it, and we know assets for NB and Lightforged Draenei already exist.

Heritage Armor recolors could be such a crowd pleaser.