Quote Originally Posted by CostinR View Post
    Gallup.

https://news.gallup.com/poll/354872/...ow-harris.aspx

Rasmussen has Biden at 45%. Reuters in comparison has him at 44%
    Doesn't mean shit, still higher than Trump.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by CostinR View Post
    He would need to do something quite extraordinary to recover after the shitshow of Afghanistan.
    How was it a shitshow? It was Trump's plan, except Biden brought the people out that helped us and their families. You know the white nationalists of the Trump admin wouldn't have done that, especially after what happened to the fucking Kurds.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gelannerai View Post
    If he issues a strong condemnation of ICE and border patrol with the Haitian immigrant situation combined with actual action on the subject, he’ll gain some percentage points.

Also, still trying to lay 100% of the Afghanistan blame at Biden’s feet? Weak.
    Eh, it shouldnt take days to condemn ICE and as the head of executive branch he should be act their necks unless he is okay with what they are doing.

People need to come to terms that while Biden is indeed left of many people who wear anti-immigration as a badge, it's only a few steps. His political history shows this. Agree with or him or not but call his policies for what they are, not what one imagine they would be, then act/reply accordingly.

One thing Biden does often is not touch an issue until he knows how popular one action is versus another. That's how moderate liberals operate.

On Afghanistan, he isn't 100% to blame and moved faster than the previous 3 presidents. Biden also chose to follow someone else's timetable instead of take time to access options, that's on him. Biden was also part of the Senate committee and very outspoken about being in favor of the the war when he was a Senator. Biden was an active member in the WH for 8 years of the war. He isn't to blame but he sure isn't clean either. A lot of discussions either way are meaningless as it's just two sides yelling at another.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    People aren’t going to remember the Afghanistan withdrawal in two months, let alone three years.
    They will remember it when the next Middle Eastern crisis kicks up.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    They will remember it when the next Middle Eastern crisis kicks up.
    ...aaaand be happy that we're out of there.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

10+ Year Old Account
    Eh, it shouldnt take days to condemn ICE and as the head of executive branch he should be act their necks unless he is okay with what they are doing.
    Like, that situation should have been resolved with fairly significant firings, including whoever's leading the Border Patrol administratively right now. They can be allowed to tender their resignation to save some face before they're directly fired, if they choose, but that's the wiggle room they should be allowed to get, here. Not keeping their jobs with nothing but a sternly wagged finger in their general direction.

Even if you're trying to be strong on immigration, violations of basic human decency like that are a rot that only exists because of rot all the way through to the top.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    ...aaaand be happy that we're out of there.
    When has the US missed a good ole Middle Eastern fight?

Resident Cosplay Progressive

10+ Year Old Account
    When has the US missed a good ole Middle Eastern fight?
    Suez.

I know that doesn't jive with the "US bad" angle but not everything the country does is necessarily a negative.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Eh, it shouldnt take days to condemn ICE
    Well to be fair, it was less "we condemn ICE" but more "we condemn ICE if that is what happened, and that should not happen"

That's not disagreeing with you, by the way. That shouldn't have taken days, plural, either.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    I read both of those, please tell me at what time stamp the whipping occurs and the use of whips. And i do not believe anecdotal evidence provided by a reporter without evidence to back it up....because photos tell a different story. Literally nothing in there shows whips of any kind nor anyone being whipped. Please show me the reality you seem to see that I do not. At no point has anyone provided any evidence of whipping. There's literally a quote started that doesn't end saying the reporter saw someone use his strap like a whip, but no whipping. So again, any proof?
    Last edited by TexasRules; 2021-09-24 at 04:53 AM.

HORK HORK HORK!
    *claps flippers together*

Quote Originally Posted by TexasRules View Post
    I watched both of those, please tell me at what time stamp the whipping occurs and the use of whips.
    "They were whipping them with leather straps, not whips!!!"

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    At some point, people who demand evidence of others should have to provide some themselves.
    I have to provide evidence that an event i said did not occur did occur? Nothing has been shown to prove anyone was whipped. No person has come forward saying they were whipped, all video and photos show no whipping....but why let that bother your liberal only mindset. Hypocrites at their finest. shouldn't you be posting more stuff about covid in the Trump thread because your fellow liberals cant find the covid thread?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    If it isn't in your curated youtube feed it never happened.
    So that's a no , you have no way of proving your false allegations. You can't find any evidence because there is none.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    There’s video and photos. Feel free to peruse the thread.
    where, all the ones posted in this thread do not have any of that. Feel free to educate me with your videos and photos. Because they have yet to be posted

- - - Updated - - -

https://twitter.com/POTUS/status/1441154416476921858
    It’s time we give the middle class a tax break for a change. The hardworking Americans who get up every single day and make this country run.

That’s what my Build Back Better Agenda is all about.
    Biden's approval rating is going down, so he's appealing to the de facto needs of his base, tax the rich.

10+ Year Old Account
    where, all the ones posted in this thread do not have any of that. Feel free to educate me with your videos and photos. Because they have yet to be posted
    It's easily to claim this when you never actually read the evidence people present you with, I guess.

Can you provide evidence that this sort of treatment is humane?
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

tax the rich.
    Shit sounds good to me, sign me the fuck up!

Instead of feeding the sealion, here's something actually Biden-related ya'll can comment on:

Biden Administration Steps in After DeSantis Withholds Salaries of School Board Members Who Took Covid Seriously

A Florida school district began collecting federal funding on Thursday after Florida’s government withheld state funding to punish the school for implementing a mask mandate and other precautions aimed at reducing the spread of Covid-19.

Alachua County Public Schools, the first district in the country to receive federal funds, is getting $147,719 to compensate school board members whose salaries are being withheld by Gov. Ron DeSantis. The Republican governor is withholding money from members of the board who voted for the mask mandate, which DeSantis banned via an executive order this summer.

The federal funding comes from a Biden administration anti-Covid grant program that’s funded by legislation Congress passed this spring.

“We should be thanking districts for using proven strategies that will keep schools open and safe, not punishing them,” U.S. Secretary of Education Miguel Cardona said in a statement, adding, “Every student across the country deserves the opportunity to return to school in person safely this fall, and every family should be confident that their school is implementing policies that keep their children safe.”
    My only problem with it is that it still leaves DeathSantis with the withheld funds to do with as he pleases. Probably holding another press conference where anti-vaxxers can spout absolute nonsense unopposed.

10+ Year Old Account
    I read both of those, please tell me at what time stamp the whipping occurs and the use of whips. And i do not believe anecdotal evidence provided by a reporter without evidence to back it up....because photos tell a different story. Literally nothing in there shows whips of any kind nor anyone being whipped. Please show me the reality you seem to see that I do not. At no point has anyone provided any evidence of whipping. There's literally a quote started that doesn't end saying the reporter saw someone use his strap like a whip, but no whipping. So again, any proof?
    You're just lying, blatantly, about what's readily visible. Why should I entertain any of this?

It isn't my responsibility to convince you. It's to demonstrate your dishonesty to everyone else here.

https://twitter.com/POTUS/status/1441154416476921858

Biden's approval rating is going down, so he's appealing to the de facto needs of his base, tax the rich.
    This isn't the argument you think it is.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

Folks, I don’t want to punish anyone’s success. But those at the top have been getting a free ride for far too long.
    We’re going to change that.

4:06 PM · Sep 23, 2021·The White House

https://mobile.twitter.com/POTUS/sta...31759567982601

10+ Year Old Account
    Terrible misuse of "de facto" also, isn't it the worst when politicians do the things they're elected to do?
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Curious what the consequences will be.
    Based purely on how many border agents Trump hired, my guess is "that person will be summarily fired". Biden has zero to negative fucks to give about firing Trump people doing Trump stuff on his terms.