Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Bellular made an interesting video regarding boosting toh

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    lolololol fucking 15 servers?
    you fucking serious?

you think there is only 15 active servers?
    alright i can see there is no point even trying to fucking math with you.

- - - Updated - - -

There is so much fucking wrong with this abyssmal attempt at reality that i didnt even notice the fucking "lets pay people 6$ an hour" less then fucking half the state required min wage.

- - - Updated - - -

nevermind the fact it would be literaly illegal, but sure mate.

- - - Updated - - -

so how many zones are there in the game?
    Now lets get that 2500 and times it by how many zones there are

you cant just have GM's fly around the zones looking for "possible bots"
    why we cant it was used to be like that? its working everywhere but not in wow? come on xD bots arent everywhere they are in popular spots, just look atfter them there

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hastis View Post
    why we cant it was used to be like that? its working everywhere but not in wow? come on xD bots arent everywhere they are in popular spots, just look atfter them there
    Except you moderate those popular spots they move to new ones. then you moderate those they move to new ones. over and over and over.
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    My ideas are objectively good

I've always played wow casual other mmorpg's not so much, but 4 months into SL i met the right peeps and am now a CE Raider.

So when i was joining the initial raid team back in CN my main was a Warlock (Aff), and sub main Hunter (MM), but they needed a Mage, i volunteered. Thinking i was going to catch up with them all in a few weeks they said hell no man we'll boost you, speed of c all of a sudden i was raid ready.

We worked so f'ing hard to get Daddy D on heroic, then a member could not make it and the next week, the first raid night that week they show up and have AOTC, we be like wtf? you pug it?, well i can't even begin to explain what a crushing let down it was when they told us they paid 5 bones for it. Like ouch, very ouch.

It diminishes the entire purpose of what it represents, in that you would io someone and they have AOTC and would know how hard it was to get, the work, the time, the skill, but after that you be like how much you pay for that? But i was kinda boosted into my position on the team right.
    looking out of my lonely room day after day

Except you moderate those popular spots they move to new ones. then you moderate those they move to new ones. over and over and over.
    So...who are in these spots to sell to...?

I always hate the poor logic people use here. I half expect mmo champ posters to condone gunning people down in the street since " you can't stop people from dying eventually anyways " as a rational.

You can make it cost prohibitive for boosters to clog up trade and lfg rather easily.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    So there is about 500 servers.
    so thats 500 people, and the average 8 hour work day, there is 24 hours in a day, so thats 3 employees to cover a full 24 hour period.
    and that is with them working 8 hours a day 7 days a week. most dont, usually 5 days, and with overlap lets say

to have enough workers for a week of 8 hour shifts, for 1 server that is 5 employees.

so 5x500 thats 2500 employees, JUST to manage LFG/Chat channels.
    and that is with 500, which there is very much FAR more then that. i think we are at about 700 based on what i can assume
    there is 220 US, then EU easily another 200, then china, then all the classic servers.

see how that does not work?
    Sounds like you might be ready for a promotion to government work with that jobs program.
    Your mother was a hamster, and your father smelled of elderberries.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dilbon View Post
    Just block direct player to player gold trading. No payment = no boosting.
    So, no more direct trading, if you can't find it on the auction for the price you seek, tough luck?
    If a friend wants to trade you gold cross server/faction, tough luck?
    If you wanna be a nice person to tip for a service but can't, tough luck?

Changing trade is not a solution. We have no solution unless we go drastic, and remove grouping completely, else can boosting not be stopped.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Empower View Post
    You can make it cost prohibitive for boosters to clog up trade and lfg rather easily.
    Cut out the tasteless comment.

I mean, it is already not permitted to advertise anything in the LFG channel, we just need stricter report systems or people to react to words such as 'Boost', 'WTS', 'WTT', 'Service', and the use of discord titles. Though for public channels, it is different, for they are permitted to post there, and if you remove that, then you also harm the ones who offer boosts out of goodwill (And yes, there are many of those too).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hastis View Post
    Commonly, bots are in remote spots, really. They tend to be parked away from the World Quest areas, set on a short path. Of course, we do have examples of long path bots but they don't tend to last as long. There is no one that allows bots to not be banned, except maybe players who do not report them(?). We sadly won't get the GM's cruising the zones, fighting off the vermin, just like every other MMO doesn't have it, some do have a stricter removal act instead of doing it in waves, they do it right away. There is not a single public market MMORPG existing that does not have bot problems.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    So, no more direct trading, if you can't find it on the auction for the price you seek, tough luck?
    If a friend wants to trade you gold cross server/faction, tough luck?
    If you wanna be a nice person to tip for a service but can't, tough luck?

Changing trade is not a solution. We have no solution unless we go drastic, and remove grouping completely, else can boosting not be stopped.

- - - Updated - - -

Cut out the tasteless comment.

I mean, it is already not permitted to advertise anything in the LFG channel, we just need stricter report systems or people to react to words such as 'Boost', 'WTS', 'WTT', 'Service', and the use of discord titles. Though for public channels, it is different, for they are permitted to post there, and if you remove that, then you also harm the ones who offer boosts out of goodwill (And yes, there are many of those too).

- - - Updated - - -

Commonly, bots are in remote spots, really. They tend to be parked away from the World Quest areas, set on a short path. Of course, we do have examples of long path bots but they don't tend to last as long. There is no one that allows bots to not be banned, except maybe players who do not report them(?). We sadly won't get the GM's cruising the zones, fighting off the vermin, just like every other MMO doesn't have it, some do have a stricter removal act instead of doing it in waves, they do it right away. There is not a single public market MMORPG existing that does not have bot problems.
    Nah I'm gonna bludgeon you with this fact till it sticks in your head even if it means I gotta crack it to do so.

The boosting spam ends when blizzard hires gms to ban them within minutes of posting. The spammers won't win the attrition rate of the cost it would incur on them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nah I'm gonna bludgeon you with this fact till it sticks in your head even if it means I gotta crack it to do so.

The boosting spam ends when blizzard hires gms to ban them within minutes of posting. The spammers won't win the attrition rate of the cost it would incur on them.
    There would be a higher cost to have more people monitor the chats than the benefits of having less boosting, even as such, we already have a lot of boosting communities that people actively seek out. Further than that, hiring more GMs would just (and thankfully) clean up the LFG system, and nothing more, as they have announced that it is permitted in the public channels, for if it were to be banned, it would also harm actual honest offers of helping people. And they can't ban taking gold for a service, as that is the basic of WoW's professions. That is the fact.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

There would be a higher cost to have more people monitor the chats than the benefits of having less boosting, even as such, we already have a lot of boosting communities that people actively seek out. Further than that, hiring more GMs would just (and thankfully) clean up the LFG system, and nothing more, as they have announced that it is permitted in the public channels, for if it were to be banned, it would also harm actual honest offers of helping people. And they can't ban taking gold for a service, as that is the basic of WoW's professions. That is the fact.
    It's annoying when a game sanctions rmt

10+ Year Old Account
    It's annoying when a game sanctions rmt
    But they do not sanction RMTs? They never have?

But they do not sanction RMTs? They never have?
    Sorry one degree if rmt since that difference means the world.

7+ Year Old Account
    So...who are in these spots to sell to...?

I always hate the poor logic people use here. I half expect mmo champ posters to condone gunning people down in the street since " you can't stop people from dying eventually anyways " as a rational.

im not even gunna read stuff from person who thinks blizz would only need 30 GM's paid 6$ an hour in order to prevent all boosting spam on all servers on all versions of the game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    My ideas are objectively good

10+ Year Old Account
    Sorry one degree if rmt since that difference means the world.
    Yes, if they were okay with RMT, shit would've been much worse and aggressive but they aren't. And if they stopped making tokens available, then RMT would be back in first place once more, and 3rd party sites would be back strong like they were before the token.

And no, the token is not RMT.

- - - Updated - - -

im not even gunna read stuff from person who thinks blizz would only need 30 GM's paid 6$ an hour in order to prevent all boosting spam on all servers on all versions of the game.
    I guess, if we hire the two aliens in Men In Black (The first one), they were a type of squid and monitored all media of the US but yeah, they aren't real, nor is the belief that 30 GMs can solve a problem that has existed since the ability to group up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Memnok View Post
    Let me start this by saying I hate boosting. Boosting will not be going away, with the token its too big of a cash cow for blizzards to give up. What would you think if blizzard set aside servers that made boosting on them an insta ban. They already have servers that cater to specific play styles, pvp and pve servers (classic only), RP servers, why not have boosting servers. The boost / non boost servers would not be able to interact with eachother.
    It'd either be no different than live servers, or basically dead while requiring more attention, and therefore more money, than other servers.

It'd be no different because people would still boost, just not advertise in game, everything would be done over Discords and the people who want boosts know how to find them, it's kind of super easy. And as far as I've been told, on live you can use addons to hide most boosting ads, so you can already achieve this yourself more or less so why make an entire new set of servers for it?

As for it being basically dead but requiring more attention, that depends on how you define boosting and how heavily it's enforced. Do you just mean for gold boosting? In which case, see above. Blizzard has no way of confirming what is and isn't boosting 100% so it wouldn't be fair to ban people. Do you mean ANY form of boosting isn't allowed? So I can't help boost my buddy who came back after a break so we can run +15s in a couple weeks instead of months? Can I not use my super geared character to help run lower level M+, because that's boosting? And if none of this is allowed, how is this policed? A massive amount of GMs going over logs and such? That much man power for... nothing. Blizzard gets nothing out of this. And in the end, you still run into players who got boosted because Blizzard won't be able to catch everyone. And if I risk getting banned just for helping a buddy cause it looked like boosting, I'll pass. I like the idea of no gold boosting, but preventing that is a pipe dream.

So yeah, not a good idea, I understand not liking boosting but this wouldn't solve anything. Use addons to ignore ads and just remember that you will always run into bad players with good gear regardless of whether boosting is allowed or not, it sucks but that's just how this kind of game is.

Just hire a gm per server that just looks at lfd and chat channels and have them ban players near instantly rather then relying on mass reporting.
    One GM per server. How many servers do they have? Hell let's just assume it's 100 servers.

How much would you need to pay that GM? 40k per year? So that's 4 million Euros per year on that assumption alone just to combat something that actually makes them money.

Good luck, it will never happen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsarez View Post
    One GM per server. How many servers do they have? Hell let's just assume it's 100 servers.

How much would you need to pay that GM? 40k per year? So that's 4 million Euros per year on that assumption alone just to combat something that actually makes them money.

Good luck, it will never happen.
    But to cover a server, you would need more than one, though? 7½-8 hours pr. GM, so you need 3 GMs to fulfill a needed coverage of what people expect of GMs to hunt bad boosters. The cost is higher than the results.

I would just take my new found friend through a dungeon and he would happen to be very grateful. If there are people who would pay for boosts, there will be people who will boost. RMT, gold, boost for boost - doesn't matter.

But to cover a server, you would need more than one, though? 7½-8 hours pr. GM, so you need 3 GMs to fulfill a needed coverage of what people expect of GMs to hunt bad boosters. The cost is higher than the results.
    Not to mention supervisors, training said people, having to probably deal with a revolving door of said people, hiring costs, advertising costs. Shit some folks here think Blizz can just go HEY WE NEED PEOPLE TO MONITOR A SYSTEM FOR PEOPLE BOOSTING and a huge chunk of people would jump at the chance

That's a lot of money to enforce a single rule...hell even if they open a sweatshop like people said that is a LOT of money just to enforce a rule
    Last edited by Mysterymask; 2021-09-24 at 08:14 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mysterymask View Post
    Not to mention supervisors, training said people, having to probably deal with a revolving door of said people, hiring costs, advertising costs. Shit some folks here think Blizz can just go HEY WE NEED PEOPLE TO MONITOR A SYSTEM FOR PEOPLE BOOSTING and a huge chunk of people would jump at the chance

That's a lot of money to enforce a single rule...hell even if they open a sweatshop like people said that is a LOT of money just to enforce a rule
    And that is just the crew, then you have to think equipment bills, utility, property, maintenance.. Yeah.. price goes higher and higher.