10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    These people gonna ignore the subpeona.
    Sweet. I look forword to the DoJ ransacking their homes and computers.

Quote Originally Posted by alexw View Post
    Shows how much they care about their children that they put their politics above making sure they are there to raise them. Party of family values my ass.
    They only care about kids when they're in the womb. As soon as they're out, time to get a job ya lazy bum and pull yourself up by your bootystraps. Then it's 18 years of indifference until they're old enough to die for their country.

Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    Just to quickly tag on this, McEnemy tried blaming this on Biden in a Tweet but then had to delete it after it was pointed out to her that it actually happened under Trump.

Kayleigh McEnany deletes tweet blaming Biden for a 2020 spike in murders that occurred under Trump

"The best people..."
    Well at least she deleted the tweet. Obama for example got blamed for everything that happend during 2008 and what happend in 2001.

These people gonna ignore the subpeona.
    There is no longer a DoJ hostile to Congress. If they ignore the subpeona they can get thrown in jail until they decide to comply.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by Nastard View Post
    They only care about kids when they're in the womb. As soon as they're out, time to get a job ya lazy bum and pull yourself up by your bootystraps. Then it's 18 years of indifference until they're old enough to die for their country.
    For the record, they don't even care about them in the womb, they just use it as a means of leverage to control and subjugate them mares and fillies.

Quote Originally Posted by Drutt View Post
    Seems like she did, in fact, get tired of winning. Dead tired.
    I'm kind of shocked a fivehead has no brain. What was she storing in there?

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    There is no longer a DoJ hostile to Congress. If they ignore the subpeona they can get thrown in jail until they decide to comply.
    Im not holding my breath for that to happen. My guess doj does nothing and this gets dragged in court as usual.

Im not holding my breath for that to happen. My guess doj does nothing and this gets dragged in court as usual.
    Man, I remember when Susan McDougal spent 18 months in jail for contempt of court. Those were the days!

Thursday's report:

127,463 new cases; about 33k fewer than last Thursday.

Top 10:

Fuck Florida.
    Texas: 14,565 new cases; 443 deaths
    Ohio: 7,475 new cases; deaths not reported
    California: 6,185 new cases; 141 deaths
    North Carolina: 5,953 new cases; 71 deaths
    Pennsylvania: 5,489 new cases; 30 deaths
    New York: 5,002 new cases; 49 deaths
    Georgia: 4,553 new cases; 205 deaths
    Washington: 4,418 new cases; 63 deaths
    Kentucky: 4,090 new cases; 44 deaths

Pennsylvania's been climbing up the rankings and it's not just due to the more populous states declining. Their cases have been steadily increasing for weeks now, though with a positivity of about 8.6% and around 37 cases per 100k population they're still pretty middle-of-the-road compared to the rest of the nation. The worst positivity still belongs to Idaho at about 20% with Tennessee and South Dakota not far behind, while Alaska is still teeming with COVID with about 115 people per 100k pop being infected. I'm inclined to believe Florida's cases are falling nearly as much as they claim they are, but they still have a positivity around 10% so their testing is, as it's been since last year, complete bullshit.

1,974 deaths is nearly 200 fewer than last Thursday and brings the total to 702,978. Texas had yet another 400+ day which was in their top 5 of all time. Georgia posted another 200+. Florida's 7-day average is still around 330 according to the NYT, so I'm pretty sure they still belong in the top three as well. Fuck Florida.

Related news:

A Montana hospital has so many unvaccinated COVID-19 patients to treat that it's 'running out of hallways'--Not beds. Hallways.

Wisconsin says children account for more COVID-19 cases than any other age group--And the school year has just begun.

A daily pill to treat Covid could be just months away, scientists say--Oral antivirals might help ease the burden on hospitals in the near future. Hopefully before another wave comes along.

Stay safe, folks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    A daily pill to treat Covid could be just months away, scientists say
    It's called hydroxycolon. Or was it iverstead? Shit.

No really, if this is true it's good news, but still doesn't make skipping the vaccine a good idea. You won't even ask for the pill until you show symptoms, at which point, you've already Patient Zero'd your kid's school and your church's pot luck.

- - - Updated - - -

FOX News bans Giuliani from appearing.

While we don't have proof of a specific reason, I theorize with loads of evidence that FOX News knows that bringing on these conspiracy-spewing deplorables will break any defense they have in lawsuits of "you knew it was false and you published it anyhow". This is no longer "Trump says it so it's news", so that excuse won't work either.

Incidentally, I can't find the last time Lindell appeared on FOX News. Not an interview, a commercial. He pulled his ads in July. Supposedly he wants them back on the air but FOX News is refusing to do such, on the grounds of "you wanted this war, now get back in the trenches while we keep shelling".

- - - Updated - - -

*ahem*

Senate Republicans want the Justice Department to roll back Trump-era restrictions on congressional oversight criticized at the time as an attempt to insulate the Trump administration from Democratic investigators, Axios has learned.

Hah. Hah. Hah.

This is admission, by the GOP, that what Trump did to shield himself was wrong. Near as this article reads to me, McConnell wanted details on the Afghan pullout and Biden said "Well of course, I'll send it to OH WAIT turns out I don't have to" and hung up on him.

Now to be fair, some classic Republicans did call out Trump's move at the time, such as Grassley. They are not hypocrites. But since the 2020 RNC decided their platform was "whatever Trump wants, he gets" it is now the case that, unless there is evidence they said something at the time, it is inferred they agreed with it at the time, and their cries of "unfair" can be summarily handwaved.

"Surely you're not advocating that Biden can do whatever he wants with absolute authority and total secrecy?"

Perish the thought. I just want him to take a minute to smugly rub it in their faces, forcing them on the record to say "it was wrong to do this". After all, if it wasn't wrong for Trump to block Congressional oversight, then Biden is allowed to do it as well. Sorry. I don't make the rules. I just see to it they're enforced.

https://twitter.com/scottwongDC/stat...31615394168840

And today in, "Republican politics is purely performative and there is no substance, policy, or desire to actually legislate." - Greene decided to heckle a group of Democrats holding a press conference on the Capitol steps.

Why? Probably a few reasons.

1. She has nothing better to do. No, seriously. Remember she's not on any committees, and while she has a Legislative Director (unlike someone like Madison Cawthorn who doesn't even have one), she seems remarkably unproductive.

2. This is pretty much the only way she can get attention, and she's desperate for media attention. Much like other attention hungry conservative like Ann Coulter, she doesn't really have much of a career if she's not in national news. She doesn't have any accomplishments of her own to bring back to constituents or promote, just stunts like this and bad posters based on Scooby Doo.

3. Because this is all an act and she's bored, and getting into "NO U" arguments with Democrats is the highlight of her day.

This is the intellectual depth of the modern Republican party under Trump.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post

And today in, "Republican politics is purely performative and there is no substance, policy, or desire to actually legislate." - Greene decided to heckle a group of Democrats holding a press conference on the Capitol steps.

1. She has nothing better to do. No, seriously. Remember she's not on any committees, and while she has a Legislative Director (unlike someone like Madison Cawthorn who doesn't even have one), she seems remarkably unproductive.

2. This is pretty much the only way she can get attention, and she's desperate for media attention. Much like other attention hungry conservative like Ann Coulter, she doesn't really have much of a career if she's not in national news. She doesn't have any accomplishments of her own to bring back to constituents or promote, just stunts like this and bad posters based on Scooby Doo.

3. Because this is all an act and she's bored, and getting into "NO U" arguments with Democrats is the highlight of her day.

And the worst part is that it's working. She's the top fundraiser of her class, and beat most of the GOP Members of Congress in First Quarter this year. This is where the GOP politics is going, and I'm guessing why we saw so many GOP politicians resign over the past few years - or at least not seek reelection.

We are truly entering the Post-Fact Era.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    And the worst part is that it's working. She's the top fundraiser of her class, and beat most of the GOP Members of Congress in First Quarter this year. This is where the GOP politics is going, and I'm guessing why we saw so many GOP politicians resign over the past few years - or at least not seek reelection.

We are truly entering the Post-Fact Era.
    This is why it's so important for the DOJ to start enforcing the bloody laws.

I don't care if they're a sitting member of Congress. If they supported the Jan 6 insurrection, they're insurrectionists themselves. It's literally described as such under the law. Charge 'em and get 'em behind bars. Political power should be zero protection, and indeed, should negate any possible claim of ignorance.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    This is why it's so important for the DOJ to start enforcing the bloody laws.

I don't care if they're a sitting member of Congress. If they supported the Jan 6 insurrection, they're insurrectionists themselves. It's literally described as such under the law. Charge 'em and get 'em behind bars. Political power should be zero protection, and indeed, should negate any possible claim of ignorance.
    I could not agree more. But it seems the ongoing trend in the United States is to bail on something if it's too fucking hard/inconvenient. The issue is exacerbated because if another Trump gets into the White House, they'll start arresting "insurrectionists" for disagreeing with them.

"Why do you post COVID stuff in the Trump thread? GAWSH!"

White House virologist was reassigned from Covid to election fraud by 2020 obsessed Trump, new emails reveal

Because of shit like that, you disingenuous fly-by troll.

Pathologist Steven Hatfill, who advised the then-White House trade director Peter Navarro, repeatedly complained that “election stuff” was taking precedence over the plan to contain the coronavirus crisis.

“Now with the elections so close, Covid is taking a back seat, yet the disease is rearing it[s] ugly head again,” Dr Hatfill said in emails in October 2020. These emails were obtained by the House select subcommittee investigating Trump administration’s coronavirus response and were accessed by The Washington Post.

Subsequent emails showed a shift in Dr Hatfill’s own priorities as his focus moved to the former president’s election challenges.

In one email, he detailed his travel plans to Arizona following a close election in the state with 11 electoral votes.

In yet another email following the electoral win of Mr Biden, Dr Hatfill said that he personally “shifted over to the election fraud investigation in November.” Since losing the November 2020 elections, Mr Trump and many of his supporters alleged poll fraud but all their legal challenges have failed.

A day before the 6 January Capitol riots, when a colleague at George Washington University wrote to him asking why he was not “fixing the virus”, the virologist said: “Because the election thing got out of control. I go where my team goes.”

Dr Hatfill was among the first to sound an alarm about the pandemic and show his skepticism regarding the White House’s response to it.
    There's more to the article but the vein in my forehead was throbbing too much to continue. Peruse on your own.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm glad @cubby is nearby, because Trump is asking for his Google/YouTube lawsuit to stay in Florida not move to California and I'd like his take on this:

Trump agreed to YouTube’s Terms of Service
    It sounds pretty black and white to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Trump agreed to YouTube’s Terms of Service
    It sounds pretty black and white to me.
    Not sure about YouTube, but his claim with twitter is that the TOS didn't apply to him as a government entity:
    This policy does not apply to military or government entities and we will consider exceptions for groups that are currently engaging in (or have engaged in) peaceful resolution.
    If you look at the twitter rules, this particular carve-out applies to their Violence and Physical Harm rule. It could be argued that his PERSONAL account got banned, but they already declared that his personal twitter account was posting official government statements, so I dunno. I don't think it's enough for him to win this, but it might be enough for him to at least get his foot in the door. I'm guessing there were more than enough twitter violations of other types to justify a ban.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post

The fact she claimed she's been the most effective member of congress this session is truly stunning.
    Also, lol Vegas.

Edit:
    Also Brecc, you didn't post this bit from the Rudy article!

"In a 2018 FBI deposition that became public last month, Giuliani admitted he would push lies about HILLARY CLINTON on Fox News, referring to it as “throwing a fake.”"
    Last edited by Hollycakes; 2021-09-24 at 08:00 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hollycakes View Post
    "In a 2018 FBI deposition that became public last month, Giuliani admitted he would push lies about HILLARY CLINTON on Fox News, referring to it as “throwing a fake.”"
    Deplorable behavior. Of course, lying to the American people isn't illegal. They're civil, you have to sue.

I know everyone here knows but:

The kraken lawyer saying no reasonable person would believe her.
    The Tuckerface performance art deposition.
    This lie of throwing fakes.
    The hidden cam confessionals along with the election lies.
    MTG existing at all, in any space or time of politics.
    etc. etc. I know I'm missing tons like non existent WMD's.

It's just insane that republicans still believe.
    Insane.
    How fucking long did they chant lock her up.