Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by cardaniso View Post
    I keep seeing comments on wow-related material along the lines of "Blizzard is a shit company. wow is a dead game" etc. This is regardless of what the material is about. It could be a blog article about "Top 5 Sexy transmogs!" and you get these rather depressing, miserable off-topic comments.

I've never been that much into Blizzard games frankly, but why would you bother to make such comments rather than just move on with your life and do something else? These people seem to be like incels, morbidly enjoying something they used to love get in trouble. It just looks totally pathetic. What is the rationale behind this?
    Same reason as you making this thread instead of moving on with your life. This is just as meaningless.

Also lay off the insults, just makes you seem juvenile.

Quote Originally Posted by orderchaos View Post
    because the people want blizzard games to be what they used to be again

you might as well ask "why do people care about anything? why not just give up?"

because we're not blackpilled nihilists
    When you say, what the game used to be? What exactly do you mean? More grind or less grind? More open-world content or less? Raids being the primary vehicle for endgame content, or raids being a reward unto themselves?

Saying that you just want the game to be like it used to be just reeks of being blinded by nostalgia. There is no one, true incarnation of WoW that was perfect, even WotLK was popular more for WC3 nostalgia as well as just happening to be when the game hit its peak.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    I keep seeing comments on wow-related material along the lines of "Blizzard is a shit company. wow is a dead game" etc. This is regardless of what the material is about. It could be a blog article about "Top 5 Sexy transmogs!" and you get these rather depressing, miserable off-topic comments.

I've never been that much into Blizzard games frankly, but why would you bother to make such comments rather than just move on with your life and do something else? These people seem to be like incels, morbidly enjoying something they used to love get in trouble. It just looks totally pathetic. What is the rationale behind this?
    some people just like to be negative, makes them feel better I guess?

Quote Originally Posted by Stormwolf64 View Post
    Same reason as you making this thread instead of moving on with your life. This is just as meaningless.

Also lay off the insults, just makes you seem juvenile.
    I didn't insult anybody except in your imagination, which is typical of the sort of mindset I see from wow incels.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    When you say, what the game used to be? What exactly do you mean? More grind or less grind? More open-world content or less? Raids being the primary vehicle for endgame content, or raids being a reward unto themselves?
    Yeah I find this very suspicious. Wow has always been very grindy. I can't imagine people want to go back to daily quests or something, they were unutterably tedious. As repetitive as world quests can be they are 10x more fun than those were.

It does seem to be that criticism of the gameplay is closely correlated with the opinions of a handful of streamers. Asmongold says something and you'll see it endlessly repeated everywhere for months even though no one else voiced that criticism. Sometimes this might be that he just articulated a popular sentiment, but often it very obviously isn't, it is just massive groupthink.

I didn't insult anybody except in your imagination, which is typical of the sort of mindset I see from wow incels.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah I find this very suspicious. Wow has always been very grindy. I can't imagine people want to go back to daily quests or something, they were unutterably tedious. As repetitive as world quests can be they are 10x more fun than those were.

It does seem to be that criticism of the gameplay is closely correlated with the opinions of a handful of streamers. Asmongold says something and you'll see it endlessly repeated everywhere for months even though no one else voiced that criticism. Sometimes this might be that he just articulated a popular sentiment, but often it very obviously isn't, it is just massive groupthink.
    Utter moron

Well that's a bit dumb really. Microtransactions and cash shop exist and are a thing, and are 10-100x more profitable than just charging for a game. Much as I would wish it otherwise there are more than enough morons who will buy that crap.
    why express that you wish it to be otherwise?

why would you bother to make such comments rather than just move on with your life and do something else?
    - - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    TBC and Vanilla

You know what it means.

Because if something is bad and you want it to be better you need to complain about it.
    Thinking that Blizzard will figure out themselves that the game is bad and fix it is not only naive, it's counter productive.

You rarely go from happy to indifferent over night. You first have to go through months or years of frustration and complaining.

It's similar to when you're married. You don't fall out of love and ask for a divorce from one day to the next, it's a slow process and a lot of hoping things will get better.

It's when you're indifferent that Blizzard has lost you permanently. Granted a lot of people have reached that point in the last year or so but some are still clinging to the abusive relationshio like a safety blanket.
    Last edited by Echocho; 2021-09-25 at 10:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalocy Jim View Post
    Thats unfortunately what happens here. I'd rather just be positive about the game. The game is doing extremely well, lots to like about Shadowlands, and the changes in 9.1.5 are very promising.

Looking forward to the rest of the expansion.
    Why being positive just for the sake of it? Why not just being honest or give constructive feedback?

Sure, now that I've left the game , I'm looking at all the upcoming changes and GLAD they finally listened to their playerbase (legacy raids in particular). Why now? Why this late? Because the game is bleeding long time subs, streamers feel confident enough the game is dying and no new players are coming.

People like me who loved blizz games through so many years saw how the game and the attitude towards players opinions deteriorated over the years. WE CARED, we hope blizz will listen and make it fun again, yet the failed to deliver on their promise.

The wheel has turned. Once it wad I leave if the game will become too bad to justify the time investment. Now it's I might go back IF the game will justify it (although currently it won't) . The game isn't dead. But it is not in a good shape and people are voting with their wallets. Sadly, it's the only way blizz started to listen and this is what I regret the most.

Some have grown up with Blizzard and its games. Some play Blizzard games for three decades, their entire life. I came to Blizzard and WoW in 2006, that’s 15 years now. It’s emotional and personal attachment. And it’s a shame, what this company has become. It didn’t happen over night, it was a yearlong process, what happens right now is just the culmination. And that gets many people frustrated and angry. Blizzard has no respect for the players anymore, they’re just cash cows. That has been different several years ago.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

That's what I never understood. If I don't like a game- I don't play it. That's it, end of story. I don't go to the games site and try to trash it. Why would I waste my time?

I really don't see what they are complaining about it. I will agree they need to fix the lag time between patches that is currently happening, but other than that there's so much to do in the game right now that I can't even really keep up. I have been meaning to run some pvp on my mage but between the raids, mythic plus, assualts, dailies, covenant stuff, etc. I barely have time to finish what I do.

As for those strange progression systems like conduits etc, I basically ignore them and don't put much though or work into them at all (I figure they are for the more nerdy players that care about eeking out an extra .01% dps or something). It has never hurt my progression. I think they are more "show systems," they don't affect much but they make it look like there is some way to customize your character a little.

Quote Originally Posted by Echocho View Post
    You rarely go from happy to indifferent over night.
    That's pretty much what happened to me when SL released. It was remarkable. I'd been ok with BfA, but the changes in SL seemed to drain all the fun out of the game. I gave it a try but it just wasn't possible to force myself to keep playing.

In addition to getting me to stop playing the game, this experience removed any trust I had in the dev team (or their management). If they could produce something that failed me so badly, how could I expect any better in the future? Their level of cluelessness (or disdain) of what a customer like I might want was palpable.
    Last edited by Osmeric; 2021-09-25 at 11:38 AM.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Quote Originally Posted by orderchaos View Post
    why express that you wish it to be otherwise?

- - - Updated - - -

TBC and Vanilla

You know what it means.
    So what you want is lots of grind, low focus on instanced gear acquisition, and raids not being what players are funneled into, but rather what they are expected to work towards by several timegates?
    The world revamp dream will never die!

10+ Year Old Account
    The irony of making a thread giving your negative opinion on people who make threads giving their negative opinions.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalocy Jim View Post
    Thats unfortunately what happens here. I'd rather just be positive about the game. The game is doing extremely well, lots to like about Shadowlands, and the changes in 9.1.5 are very promising.

Looking forward to the rest of the expansion.
    This isn't being positive. This is being flat out delusional lol. Copium overdose.

The people making those comments make up a small % of the actual player base. Most of It is usually the same old people always making the comments, here on MMO-C is a prime example as you see the same old doom Sayers over and over. The rest are people just parroting what they have heard others say because it makes the feel like they are being edgy.
    You would be surprised just how much of the player base doesn't even know there is a court case going on. The people you see posting here and WoW O Forums account for only a small %. Many players never see or come to these boards, that's why you have so many people in /4 or /2 come patch day that don't have a CLUE as to what is changing.
    In the same regards to you however, you could had taken your own advise and instead of making this post, "just moved on with your life and do something else" as it wasn't really needed..

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    WoW is not dying and Microtransactions and cash shops will not go anywhere... There are just better and more fun games to play now... and if WoW keep doing the same they may become the new Everquest sadly.

Look what happened with Everquest 1/2 its there, it's still online and it got yearly full price xpacks coming out for it. However, if you look at the content releases it feels like there is no real passion or soul in the games anymore, its just more random content. That is the maybe future of WoW...

Blizzard as a company however not doing so well lots of outsourcing going on, it seems! And the things behind the scenes don't look good. And Blizzard also showed disrespect to their own employers and the law so yes this will end badly... it's not something I want support at the moment. they are now being investigated by four state and federal regulators... and keep losing people!

I have seen people post that Blizzard and WoW is dying for 12+ years, even longer I think. WoW's still not dead... Even though it's not in it's glory, there's millions of players.

Wow is not dying it could only have 100K sub and still be running fine, modern MMO running is really really cheap however Blizzard is a shit company. The facts are Activision Blizzard has been treating their employees like garbage for decades and now there is proof that they are in fact a horrible company.

Feedback is generally negative when it comes to everything, not just WoW and games.

Its just natural behavior. Human beings are more likely to express themselves when they are dissatisfied vs being satisfied.

Which is why forums is never an indicator on how good WoW is doing. Its just people expressing themselves.

This is why I think some people are better persons than the rest(not saying the rest are bad people mind you) because they have it in them to express themselves positively to other people or something they like on forums etc. They are, in the outmost tiny minority.
    Last edited by Doffen; 2021-09-25 at 12:30 PM.

Because Member berries are extremely powerful.