Poll: You decide: New class, Class skins, 4th specs, or New combos

Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by MyWholeLifeIsThunder View Post
    Also think that Class Skins could inherently open more class combos, feels like they could go hand in hand.
    Agreed. That is the most sensible approach to class skins imo. I especially liked this concept thread:

https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment...antasy_to_new/

More race class combo flavour is kind of why I think a Druid would work to represent a Gnome or Goblin mech-form based class skin. It wouldn't have to follow the Druid theme or aesthetics, while allowing Gnomes and Gobbos to keep their cultural flavour. I really didn't like how Priest was handled for them as 'Surgeons', this should be a class skin in itself too.

And really, this Druid class combo wouldn't be in the way of any new Tinker class, any more than Rogue or Warlock get in the way of Demon Hunters. Its just more options.

New class: puppet master, can enthrall humanoids and when captured can contain them in a pocket dimension for summoning, also makes use of void magic phasing in and out of normal space for sneak attacks, uses rapier and focus weapon.

While can enthrall any humanoid it can only have so many out at one time and if they die you have to go enthrall more.

2 specs

Puppeteer: master of thralls can enthrall up to 20 and have up to 5 of any type out at one time, puppeteer would be a great choice to lvl solo or be a ranged or physical dps through enthralling various humanoids and sitting back buffing and keeping them alive

Harlequin: through the use of void and various tricks the puppet master can use thralls as decoys while he sneaks in for the kill popping in and out of the fight causing panic in your target, the harlequin is a physical melee dps that can only have one thrall out at a time but gifted with stealth and various void abilities.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    More race class combo flavour is kind of why I think a Druid would work to represent a Gnome or Goblin mech-form based class skin. It wouldn't have to follow the Druid theme or aesthetics, while allowing Gnomes and Gobbos to keep their cultural flavour. I really didn't like how Priest was handled for them as 'Surgeons', this should be a class skin in itself too.

And really, this Druid class combo wouldn't be in the way of any new Tinker class, any more than Rogue or Warlock get in the way of Demon Hunters. Its just more options.
    The problem is that Druid is nature based. That is the exact opposite of the Tinker theme.

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    The problem is that Druid is nature based. That is the exact opposite of the Tinker theme.
    Which is the problem of gnome druids.

Thus a class skin with new themes solves that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    Which is the problem of gnome druids.

Thus a class skin with new themes solves that.
    You don’t think it would be strange for Blizzard to allow Goblins, MGnomes, and Gnomes to be Druids when those races have nothing to do with nature? Hell, Goblins actively pollute the environment with reckless abandon.

Skins or combos we do not need any new classes and 3 specs is already too many for most classes. Rather see some specs be combined down if they do not perform a different role tbh

You don’t think it would be strange for Blizzard to allow Goblins, MGnomes, and Gnomes to be Druids when those races have nothing to do with nature? Hell, Goblins actively pollute the environment with reckless abandon.
    I didn't say they would be Druids.

You know exactly what I said, and I'm not interested in whatever argument you want that will get you another suspension, so I'm sparing you the time and effort.
    Last edited by Triceron; 2021-09-25 at 10:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Proton View Post
    This just doesn't make sense to me. Class skins doesn't fill the demand for more classes, as its the same class with new spell animations. It's A LOT of work for very little actual payoff imo. Considering the state of classes, I much rather them actually address issues with the class rather than spend so much time for just a cosmetic feature.
    Well I am on the boat of I dont want anymore classes. They are already hard enough to balance as is. Id rather they balance and trim down all the specs rather than add more.

Forest gnome (druid) would be easy.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Forest gnome (druid) would be easy.
    The Warcraft version would probably be more similar to this

Looks a lot like a tinker to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    4th specs are a terrible idea. Yeah I know, "but Druids have 4 specs!" That's because they're the only class that could realistically play
    all four roles (given the lore anyway). Aside from of course, their class forms allowing for that kind of variety. None of the other classes
    have anything that allows those same lines.

Better to have an entirely new class than a 4th spec.

That doesn't stop Goblins from being Shamen, so no.

Those same races you mention are able to be Warriors despite canonically being the smallest and weakest (physically) race in the game.
    Yet we can still play them as such.
    Last edited by ThatsOurEric; 2021-09-26 at 02:30 AM.

I think Class skins seems like the most reasonable thing, as well as something that developers could get creative with. Would love to see a time theme for mages, similar to the bronze dragon flight, with sand and time as the core aesthetic. Warlocks could also get necromancer as a demonology skin, where instead of summoning tons of demons, they reanimate lots of corpses.

Hmf... I think making goblins into shaman was a mistake. (Three specs should be money, oil, and pollution)
    But then I think the entire race was a mistake. Leper gnomes with a twist.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ThatsOurEric View Post
    Better to have an entirely new class than a 4th spec.

That doesn't stop Goblins from being Shamen, so no.
    To be fair, Shaman aren’t as tree-huggy as Druids are. Orcs can be Shaman for example, and they’re also not very eco-friendly.

Those same races you mention are able to be Warriors despite canonically being the smallest and weakest (physically) race in the game.
    Yet we can still play them as such.
    Yeah, but a Goblin or Gnome swinging a sword is more believable than a Goblin, Mechagnome or Gnome turning into an animal, an owl bear, or a tree and casting nature spells. It just really goes against their racial lore.

Again, Goblins REALLY don’t care about the environment. I’m pretty sure they purposely dumped oil into the ocean around Kezan. They clear-cutted Azshara, and then there’s Crappopolis….

That said, Goblins remain the only race in WoW that doesn’t have a tri-role class (tank/heal/DPS). Blizzard should stop being weird and let them (and Worgen) be Monks.

- - - Updated - - -

Hmf... I think making goblins into shaman was a mistake. (Three specs should be money, oil, and pollution)
    I really don't see how anyone could hate Goblins. They're greedy, hilarious, and unpredictable. If they ever make a Tinker/Mechanic class, they should totally make a Goblin version of Tony Stark who drops smart-ass one-liners.

I think locking classes to races (for players) was the biggest mistake. In an RPG there is always an appeal to be the outsider/underdog and earn your place. While it makes sense that goblins at large probably have no connection to druidism, being the odd one out that become one despite it, is still an interesting thing to play.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Felis igneus View Post
    I think locking classes to races (for players) was the biggest mistake.
    That never bothered me. Indeed in some ways it made sense. (I will never accept the idea of an undead paladin)
    In an RPG there is always an appeal to be the outsider/underdog and earn your place. While it makes sense that goblins at large probably have no connection to druidism, being the odd one out that become one despite it, is still an interesting thing to play.
    In a role-playing game you can be that oddity and role-played with the consequences. Because it should mean being ostracized and tossed out of the city.(perhaps creating an "underground network" if roleplaying is the objective)
    But were talking of an mmorpg that wants to appeal to the most paying customers. So eventually the pollution driven greedy goblin will be coming to a moonwell sooner or later. And befouling it...

I think locking classes to races (for players) was the biggest mistake. In an RPG there is always an appeal to be the outsider/underdog and earn your place. While it makes sense that goblins at large probably have no connection to druidism, being the odd one out that become one despite it, is still an interesting thing to play.
    RPGs are best when they allow us to invent our own backstories. We would never have had the script flipped on Tolkien's evil orcs if it wasn't for Metzen creating his good guy orc character for DnD. I'd love to see all classes for all races as well as an alignment system (lawful, chaotic, good, evil, neutral, etc.). Let us make our characters our way, we don't need our hands held by Papa Blizz that tells us "You think you do, but you don't!" I'm pretty sure I can decide for myself what my toon can or should be.

Less rails, more sandbox.

Quote Originally Posted by FossilFree View Post
    RPGs are best when they allow us to invent our own backstories. We would never have had the script flipped on Tolkien's evil orcs if it wasn't for Metzen creating his good guy orc character for DnD. I'd love to see all classes for all races as well as an alignment system (lawful, chaotic, good, evil, neutral, etc.). Let us make our characters our way, we don't need our hands held by Papa Blizz that tells us "You think you do, but you don't!" I'm pretty sure I can decide for myself what my toon can or should be.

Less rails, more sandbox.
    I feel like that has to fall into roleplay.

Any time that gets officially recognized through gameplay, it just gets janky as heck and doesn't work the way we expect it to. Kinda like if you want to be a Paladin who takes Necrolord covenant cuz you like the covenant power, but the game treats you like a Paladin who has turned to the dark side and treats you like a traitor and an evil-doer even though you're still playing the character as a good guy and you just want the cool ability.