Page 29 of 30 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    5+ Year Old Account
    I dare you to quote me on this years from today.

NEVER EVER GOING TO HAPPEN!

Here's why: An automated system intended to punish leavers would be prone to abuse and a non-automated system would require Blizzard to dedicate resources, as in hire more customer support staff, to police players. This is Blizzard we're talking about, the same company who some time ago fired most of their customer support staff because they're greedy sleazebags. Hell will sooner freeze over before they hire more people just so that people won't have to deal with leavers as much. Their priorities are profit and profit alone, your enjoyment of the game is a secondary objective at best. As long as you don't quit in large numbers it's all good.
    Last edited by enigma77; 2021-09-23 at 06:25 PM.

honestly if you would waste your time with something like mythic plus, you deserve to have your time wasted even more

Quote Originally Posted by orderchaos View Post
    honestly if you would waste your time with something like mythic plus, you deserve to have your time wasted even more
    I mean you just wasted your time typing that. At least it doesn't require brain power, because you had nothing to waste.

Quote Originally Posted by erifwodahs View Post
    I mean you just wasted your time typing that. At least it doesn't require brain power, because you had nothing to waste.
    I reject your hypothesis

Quote Originally Posted by Alroxas View Post
    Why does the 5th player have to suffer through over an hour in a dungeon with utter fools?
    Because he queued for it and that is one of the risks of pugging.

If the hypothetical 5th is willing to waste time of the majority, because the 5th is over his head and thinks ''this group suxs'', then he should pay back with time. In my experience, these kind of people are the ones who want a carry themselves in like 90% of the times.

It's still more harmful for the other 4. Not to mention that not knowing the route/affixes/int issues are something that mostly happen on sub10 keys.

On an ideal world. There would be a feature where; a person who's about to leave the group would ''excuse'' himself, and request to leave with a prompt up, the people in the group vote for yes stop the dungeon to ''freeze the key'' in a way where the key wouldn't drop it's level and kick everyone out of the instance. But let's be honest, blizzard would never make a system that would reduce m+ playtime, considering this system would be used by high keyers (27s and such) for practice.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nyarlo View Post
    Because he queued for it and that is one of the risks of pugging.

If the hypothetical 5th is willing to waste time of the majority, because the 5th is over his head and thinks ''this group suxs'', then he should pay back with time. In my experience, these kind of people are the ones who want a carry themselves in like 90% of the times.
    Eh, seen plenty of groups wanting "Big DEEPS" who need the 5th to carry their asses over the finish line for a key they shouldn't be running yet. Also happens enough times in 10-15 key range as well.

Also why does the risk fall only on the hypothetical 5th? why can't some of the risk also fall on the group of 4?

On an ideal world.
    Players wouldn't need to PuG. Also M+ would be restructured so that anything below a 20 key has standard set of rules and higher than M+20 would have MDI specific rules so that what goes on in the MDI doesn't cascade down to change the rest of M+ for the non-MDI crowd.
    Last edited by Alroxas; 2021-09-24 at 02:07 PM.
    ---
    Don't be a victim of IFOWISNAWL!
    Call 800-Calm-The-F-Down, Operators are standing by. Now taking calls on all your Legion worries.

10+ Year Old Account
    Eh, what are you? Lesser than casual to want to demand people not to have fun? Is there anything lesser who just wants no one to enjoy themselves? Party pooper?
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Eh, what are you?
    Don't dehumanize me.

M+ the way it is in its current state literally breeds toxicity. It needs to go.

Lets think for a ONE whole second.

Blizz culture was a cesspool of toxicity, sexual predators, people feeling superior over other employees, bullies, pretty much semi human lowlifes in every form, and massive lawsuits (plural now) by the state confirms that.

Hmmm during that time they introduced M+

I mean if you know what 2 + 2 is, i hope it's not much of a stretch to figure it out.
    looking out of my lonely room day after day

A novel idea. If someone bails on a run. Decrease the total amount of completed runs for the week. So if you have 4 done, but bailed on #5. You now only have 3 done for the week.

Now commence trolling.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mst3kfan View Post
    A novel idea. If someone bails on a run. Decrease the total amount of completed runs for the week. So if you have 4 done, but bailed on #5. You now only have 3 done for the week.

Now commence trolling.
    Depends how it determines who bailed..
    First person to leave group? Just don't leave, force someone else to take the hit
    Afk? Just don't be afk, troll the group some other way
    reporting? invite someone, spam report them

Quote Originally Posted by Temp name View Post
    Depends how it determines who bailed..
    First person to leave group? Just don't leave, force someone else to take the hit
    Afk? Just don't be afk, troll the group some other way
    reporting? invite someone, spam report them
    Just throwing the idea out there. The how would need to be determined.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mst3kfan View Post
    Just throwing the idea out there. The how would need to be determined.
    It's your idea so you come up with the how. The rest of us will be waiting to see what holes we can find with your system.
    ---
    Call 800-Calm-The-F-Down, Operators are standing by. Now taking calls on all your Legion worries.

Quote Originally Posted by Feral Druid ist Op View Post
    ppl at my score rarly do mistakes one misake means keys is done on a +25 beside i thnik you missread my post cuz they DEMAND a certain I.O or class for a fucking +15 lol ma dude im playing mage if someone demands a 2.5k io mage but pulls like 2 packs at the time i leave the grp, trash palyers demand meta specs but dont know how to paly with them
    From my personal experience, most over 2k players feel godlike in my 15's and tend to overpull or have the idea a healer can heal trough 8 stacks of bursting
    But yea I misread I thought you meant something else.

Quote Originally Posted by Nachtigal View Post
    I did. Did you not read my post? Kekw

When I’ve paid my dues and proved I can clear your 15, and you’re bein a dick about not inviting me? Yeah, I’m gonna try and do something about it.

If it’s comp related, that’s understandable.

But when I try and show you I’m more than capable, and you take the ignorant route and try to bait me into a rage? That’s karma.
    Proves nothing that "you can clear your 15". If you are on a hunter with a ilvl of 215 you might or might not can do enough damage to keep up with the geared members of the party. You could have bought carries to get your IO score. IO score proves nothing. The group might already have a "carry" as in a friend or guildy trying to get a "too big" key for their vault. You are not entitled to a spot in any group but the one you create.
    Me thinks Chromie has a whole lot of splaining to do!

Quote Originally Posted by Neuroticaine View Post
    nah, that's a delusional assumption. The entire way M+ is designed supports the concept of "Quitting while you're ahead." This includes those that ditch after a single wipe. The concept of a death counter that acts against you is genuinely a plague, and the way high keys are "designed," many deaths can come from a single person's mistake. This mistake could very well and often does come from folks who are "pulling their weight" in terms of damage.

- - - Updated - - -

Myhtic 0 rewards badges. Mythic + at high keystones rewards currency for exclusive content. There can also be a scaling reward with badges, rewarding more for higher keys, but no loss of rewards for failing to meet a timer. Badges can be used to purchase gear that might not be optimal, but competitive, and takes a while to acquire. Raid bosses also drop badges. This allows Mythics to offer a progression route for raiders without falling victim to arbitrary benchmarks that reward toxic behavior. You will still earn badges even if you don't time a Mythic dungeon.

The highest mythic dungeons will reward exclusive cosmetics like Challenge Modes of old.
    its more delusional to think "you're ahead" when you aren't going to time the key.

Beats me, we're talking people leaving right after 1 pull of no deaths, no nothing. At this point, is not even a matter of ''I dont want to wastemytime w/ u scrubs lmao''. Don't try to justify their shitty behavior by assuming our team was shit. Funnily enough, this was not even a hard week.

We also had one leave after 1 wipe on last boss, trash done, well within 6mins of timing it, and he still left after wasting 30mins of everyone's time. Yep, DoS.

Or better yet, healers fails mechanics, dies to a frontal cone then leaves.

All in all, if you don't have ''time'' to pug your dungeons, you might as well wait for your friends or build up your own team. We're a team of 3, and it's incredibly disheartening to have our keys ruined by 1 person who seems to get off on wasting people's times. There NEEDS to be some sort of penalty.
    completely and whole heartedly agree also if you don't have time don't join other people's keys. i had some1 a few weeks ago leave at the last boss of my key because the timer expired and they waited "their precious rio".....

- - - Updated - - -

Sure, I play with all thousands of players. There still needs to be some sort of penalty, it doesn't even has to be anything too rash, can be something from drop your score by 50points or something as low as that, or just remove 1 dungeon credit of your vault for bad sportsmanship. Something you can get again if you're willing to put the time on it. Screwing on 4 other players for no excusable reason is def more harmful than not.
    i approve of these penalties, when i do my 12/13s on alts i avoid any1 over 1700 as i dont trust them to finish the dungeon currently even if i put for weekly vault in the title.

for example my main has 2025 score as i dont see any reason to push by 2k i dont care about the teleports if i leave a dungeon NOT ALREADY ABANDONED the boded is important then id drop to 1970 and need to get my ksm again

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Empower View Post
    Hmm be enslaved by some shitter with a key he bought trying to get another lock out from it or be free...

It is very hard for me to decide what horse to back here... just buy a boost.
    imo we should be boycotting the boosting community thats why these issues exist in the 1st place

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Alroxas View Post
    Eh, seen plenty of groups wanting "Big DEEPS" who need the 5th to carry their asses over the finish line for a key they shouldn't be running yet. Also happens enough times in 10-15 key range as well.

Also why does the risk fall only on the hypothetical 5th? why can't some of the risk also fall on the group of 4?

Players wouldn't need to PuG. Also M+ would be restructured so that anything below a 20 key has standard set of rules and higher than M+20 would have MDI specific rules so that what goes on in the MDI doesn't cascade down to change the rest of M+ for the non-MDI crowd.
    too much of the burden currently falls on the 4 and not for the 5th there is absolutely no detriment to the 5th for leaving which imo needs to change they should be penalised for ruining the key not my fault they join my grp without reading the title that clearly states "for weekly vault" and then proceeds to leave because its not in time ruining the key for the other 4.....

this wasn't trolling

mythic plus is a waste of time

it's intentionally designed as a waste of time

you grind dungeons to get gear, so you can try the same dungeon at a slightly higher difficulty, to get slightly better gear etc.

if you waste your time with that shit, don't complain about unreliable people

that is trolling to you? someone merely stating his opinion on something? then everything is trolling and everything gets you infracted

which doesn't surprise me anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Feral Druid ist Op View Post
    ppl at my score rarly do mistakes one misake means keys is done on a +25 beside i thnik you missread my post cuz they DEMAND a certain I.O or class for a fucking +15 lol ma dude im playing mage if someone demands a 2.5k io mage but pulls like 2 packs at the time i leave the grp, trash palyers demand meta specs but dont know how to paly with them
    andhere i see people between 2300-2500 doing ton of mistakes in 20/21 pugs - some very elementary one

want example ? this evening close to 2500 rogue got himself catapulted striaght into add that we would skip on first boss in pf and instead just vanish and save it he pulled it to boss effectively wiping group .

want another example - missed timer in mists 20 by literaly 11 seconds because some amazing imba 2400 WW couldnt stay alive and died like 5 times on trash in last section of dungeon + 2 times on last boss. and then ofc in desperate attempt to time we pulled 2 packs of bugs and guess what - missed interupts and .... we are over time .

i mean maybe ur a genius walking amoung us but tbh i dont see much difference in gameplay f your average 2100 and 2400 player atm . you know why ? because so many "Weak" players got carried in 20/21s by their mythic guilds that at this point it means almost nothing.

im doing atm 18s on my shitty DH 240 DH on which i play subpar at best - and i dont have any problems timing stuff.

this tier is just ridiculously easy compared to last one . so people who would never got that rating get them now and think they are god gift to humanity and that its their right to get carried by each group while making ton of mistakes

ofc some people refuse to do so - and leave

why should they be punished for not wanting to carry baddies for free - just because guild carry him doesnt mean pugs are obliged to do it too .
    Last edited by kamuimac; 2021-09-25 at 11:54 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by thunderdragon2 View Post
    imo needs to change they should be penalised for ruining the key not my fault they join my grp without reading the title that clearly states "for weekly vault" and then proceeds to leave because its not in time ruining the key for the other 4.....
    Why didn't you reiterate that you're going for vault completion? If you're the group leader then take the time to make sure everyone is on the same page. Match the goals and verify before starting. And if you can't get solid commitments, then don't start the key and keep looking for the right person for your group.
    ---