7+ Year Old Account
    So

The Syndicate are plague doctors that want to get knowledge of this world and stuff

The Marauders are the fighting maniacs with cool armor

And then there's the Hufflepuffs
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    They had all the beta numbers. They know this way better than you can guess. That's for sure. Btw people said the exact same thing about classic.
    Yes yes, the beta numbers. Let's wait and see. I predict it's getting one, maybe two content patches before it goes to maintenance mode - you all have to realize that the game has no incentives to spend money. So they will have the initial cash flow, but over time the game will generate nothing, because the in game shop is pointless (you look sh*t with or without costumes you buy from the shop) - sure, they can make it P2W like most of all the other free / buy to play MMORPGs, but then it will drive players away no matter what. New World is an experiment to see if developers can get away with such an uninspired and basic game without endgame content - or not. It'll be a lesson learned for every other upcoming MMORPG. I just find it fascinating how an initial kickstarter MMORPG like Ashes of Creation that's got a small amount of the money that Amazon put into New World is creating an MMORPG that's just 100% better and more engaging in every aspect than New World - I guess that's where the difference between "by the numbers" and "devotion" comes into play.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Yes yes, the beta numbers. Let's wait and see. I predict it's getting one, maybe two content patches before it goes to maintenance mode - you all have to realize that the game has no incentives to spend money. So they will have the initial cash flow, but over time the game will generate nothing, because the in game shop is pointless (you look sh*t with or without costumes you buy from the shop) - sure, they can make it P2W like most of all the other free / buy to play MMORPGs, but then it will drive players away no matter what. New World is an experiment to see if developers can get away with such an uninspired and basic game without endgame content - or not. It'll be a lesson learned for every other upcoming MMORPG. I just find it fascinating how an initial kickstarter MMORPG like Ashes of Creation that's got a small amount of the money that Amazon put into New World is creating an MMORPG that's just 100% better and more engaging in every aspect than New World - I guess that's where the difference between "by the numbers" and "devotion" comes into play.
    So you are saying the game will die because you don't like the mtx? There are so many games doing extremely well with their mtx -people actually like to spend money on hats. You base assumptions upon assumptions.

And this AoC comparison.... Have you actually seen gameplay from the last alpha?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    If the right faction is that crucial the obvious answer is to hold off until the dominant faction come forward and then play that.
    How long? You get to choose faction around level 10.
    Havent played past that on open beta, so im not sure how big of a influence they have for the future leveling and general progression of your character, but since u choose one of them at say lvl 10 u get access to some quests that grant xp and some other shit, so for that reason alone i dont want to wait TOO LONG with the decision.

Lets just all go for marauders and their cool looking conquistador armor, ok?
    Scam Citizen referral code: STAR-2YL2-XDTX|get 5,000 UEC

10+ Year Old Account
    I agree with this sentiment, but not with the rush job that New World is - not meaning that the game was rushed, it was cooking for far too long, but the recent version of the game was rushed and that's due to the developers not knowing what they want, trying to implement everything and failing with that in basically every regard besides crafting (which they did really well).

It's just laughable that they indeed think they need so many servers. The most hyped MMORPG of all time, Star Wars: The Old Republic, launched with a similar amount of servers. They were closing half of that by the first months. That was 10 years ago, when MMORPGs were at an all time high, backed by one of the biggest IPs in the world and even that amounf ot servers got axed very quickly. New World has not even 1/100 of the hype that SWTOR had back then. I don't doubt Amazon has some kind of data, I doubt that they're interpreting it right. New World is still very unknown and very niche, its online presence is minimal. Launching with what, 192 servers and closing 180 in the first months will be a horrible sign of missing vitality - and don't fool yourself, New World has zero longevity due to its lack of content. Maybe they can link or merge those servers without actually taking them offline, but still.

I guess we'll see. By the end of October it's pretty clear if this game will be dead by the end of the year.
    One thing you said really drives home with this game, no longevity. It makes me feel bad for the devs and people wanting to play this game as their main MMO. I see a lot people saying they plan to put in ~40 hours (also 40h in an RPG is kind of shallow) then move on. That's fine but it is a MMO and needs people to play for people to enjoy it. Moreso in this game where 90% of it is player driven - the economy and crafting are completely tied to players. If you miss the launch of the game then your experience might be shitty.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by Proskill View Post
    Havent played past that on open beta, so im not sure how big of a influence they have for the future leveling and general progression of your character, but since u choose one of them at say lvl 10 u get access to some quests that grant xp and some other shit, so for that reason alone i dont want to wait TOO LONG with the decision.

I haven't played the game.

I meant literally don't start until the game has been out for like a week and then pick a side that appears strong.
    Because as a big faction vs faction PvP game with seemingly no real balancing mechanics servers will naturally gravitate towards a certain faction who will dominate and you will benefit greatly from being in the dominant faction.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

10+ Year Old Account

I would say by 12 hours after launch you'll start to see what the dominant faction on a server is. Most people pile on to Syndicate anyway. People know how to rush property like a, science at this point. It's really not hard for a company (guild) to pull their resources to make a, claim within a few hours.

- - - Updated - - -

They had all the beta numbers. They know this way better than you can guess. That's for sure. Btw people said the exact same thing about classic.
    Wasn't classic dead to most people people who did not play at launch. And it certainly became a thing where you just just long it for an hour to raid and never touch it again, leaving the game barren for new players trying to catch up.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

I thought someone would say this!
    It's why I asked earlier what people wanted to go with lol
    I didn't realize the mogs were tied into factions though.

So you are saying the game will die because you don't like the mtx? There are so many games doing extremely well with their mtx -people actually like to spend money on hats. You base assumptions upon assumptions.

And this AoC comparison.... Have you actually seen gameplay from the last alpha?
    Yes and in no way does it look worse than New World. Have you played New World and experienced it? The animations are god awful, the only redeeming factor are the very nice ambience aesthetics. Character models, magic and combat effects look horrendous - plus, the requirements for your PC are so high compared to what you get, it's just ridiculous. The developers of Ashes of Creation have a vision for their game and know exactly what they want. Yes, it looks still rough in parts, but they have a clearly laid out concept. Amazon has nothing of the sort for New World. They throw everything on a wall and see what sticks. Unfortunately most things then are just incredibly shallow and not very well thought through. If you experience the game for a bit longer, you'll realize that.

I base assumptions on my experience, I'm having alpha access since 2020. The short lived beta experience most of you got during the events is very deluding.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Spaceboytg View Post
    This is my biggest issue with New World, actually. The game world aesthetic just doesn't seem to lend itself very well to fantastic mogs, or at least the kind that I might appreciate. I'm always happy to plunk some money down on cosmetics that I enjoy but New World just doesn't seem to have any. And you're right, by being B2P they NEED the shop to be successful.
    The game world itself looks fantastic in my opinion. What is the biggest problem is the character models. They look god awful, the worst for any MMORPG released in the last years.

I was predicting this months ago, and I'm still saying it now: they will introduce mounts to the game ASAP and make most of them store mounts to generate cash. They have nothing in the shop right now that players could need or want (besides a very small amount of whales that literally buy everything). Mounts are THE selling factor in every cash shop and they chose to launch without them, just to quickly introduce them when they realize they don't generate any worthwile cash with their shop. They might have been working on one or two content patches already and have them ready to go, but after that it's mandatory for them to generate cash via the shop. If they don't, this game is in maintenance mode before 2022 kicks in.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    One thing you said really drives home with this game, no longevity. It makes me feel bad for the devs and people wanting to play this game as their main MMO. I see a lot people saying they plan to put in ~40 hours (also 40h in an RPG is kind of shallow) then move on. That's fine but it is a MMO and needs people to play for people to enjoy it. Moreso in this game where 90% of it is player driven - the economy and crafting are completely tied to players. If you miss the launch of the game then your experience might be shitty.
    It makes me feel bad for the players that think this game is their next messiah, because they're naive and deluded by marketing. New World has zero end game content. You can do all that is there within 1-2 days at max level. And then it's rinse and repeat. There's just nothing to it. I don't feel sorry for the devs - we're in 2021, after dozens of failed MMORPGs you need to know that end game content is one of the most important things to implement in your game and to have it ready at launch - and yet they chose to launch with the minimum that is there.

And you're totally right, a lot of things are player driven. This is good and bad at the same time and when players leave, the economy will collapse. So many concepts in this game aren't well designed and make barely sense, which is a shame. The groundwork for this game is good, but almost everything they did after the change from PvP -> PvE is not.

People are hyping themselves up right now just to be disappointed days after they started to play, when they realize how shallow this game really is. With 6-12 months more of development and three to four times the amount of PvE content that exists right now, this game could have stood a chance. But right now, with ESO / FFXIV / GW2 / Black Desert and even WoW in it's dire state as direct competitors there's just no place for New World. People will play it for <4 weeks and move on because they did everything and there's no longevity.
    Last edited by Nyel; 2021-09-26 at 07:28 AM.

Yes and in no way does it look worse than New World. Have you played New World and experienced it? The animations are god awful, the only redeeming factor are the very nice ambience aesthetics. Character models, magic and combat effects look horrendous - plus, the requirements for your PC are so high compared to what you get, it's just ridiculous. The developers of Ashes of Creation have a vision for their game and know exactly what they want. Yes, it looks still rough in parts, but they have a clearly laid out concept. Amazon has nothing of the sort for New World. They throw everything on a wall and see what sticks. Unfortunately most things then are just incredibly shallow and not very well thought through. If you experience the game for a bit longer, you'll realize that.

I base assumptions on my experience, I'm having alpha access since 2020. The short lived beta experience most of you got during the events is very deluding.
    Oh, the good ol' "The Vision" meme. You should check out PoE's reddit. People make memes daily about the dev's vision for their game, especially in their last league where they lost 30% of the player base because of it. The same goes for WoW btw. Just look at covenants and what happens in 9.1.5. Having a clear concept or "Vision" as you say - is worthless. You gotta listen to feedback and adapt. This is what New World did. A recipe for success.

And saying AoC animations etc are better than New Worlds?! I'll just stop here. This is too stupid. Google AoC gameplay watch a Youtube video and say that with a straight face again.

The dragon vanishing upside down in the ground after walking up to a 2 cm stone was the funniest thing I've seen in a long time. Their game looks like it still needs at least 5 more years before they can even make an announcement. Could have been made by 5 Russian students selling it on steam for 1.99. "Our first unity game!"

15+ Year Old Account
    People are hyping themselves up right now just to be disappointed days after they started to play, when they realize how shallow this game really is. With 6-12 months more of development and three to four times the amount of PvE content that exists right now, this game could have stood a chance. But right now, with ESO / FFXIV / GW2 / Black Desert and even WoW in it's dire state as direct competitors there's just no place for New World. People will play it for <4 weeks and move on because they did everything and there's no longevity.
    New World is a B2P game. Can't really compare it to eg. WoW and FFXIV in longetivity, because the business model is entirely different, too.

And when it comes to BDO - that game is up and running even after 5 years and the game never had any end game.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    New World is a B2P game. Can't really compare it to eg. WoW and FFXIV in longetivity, because the business model is entirely different, too.

And when it comes to BDO - that game is up and running even after 5 years and the game never had any end game.
    But it at least had decent PvP. New Worlds PvP is as Shallow as it's PvE. Thus having no true endgame will lead to desertion pretty fast.

And saying AoC animations etc are better than New Worlds?! I'll just stop here. This is too stupid. Google AoC gameplay watch a Youtube video and say that with a straight face again.
    New World

Auto attacks

https://youtu.be/IUHt0cnOnKY?t=115

Magic

Fire Ball: https://youtu.be/uvYKcuqtRkA?t=454

Do you see where the Fireball comes from? That entire staff and spell animation is just bad.

Fire Field: https://youtu.be/uvYKcuqtRkA?t=191

"Healing": https://youtu.be/iy9pwdsexQI?t=585

Look at those healing animations. They look worse than the ones in WoW. They look like Asian F2P grinder animations.

All weapon animations: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gKHB...nel=Liltenhead

You basically can just watch that entire video and see how bad the animations are in reality. But I guess they look fine for you?

PvP footage of combat: https://youtu.be/t9UPArR2j6c?t=49

Maybe some PvP for you? There you can experience in real time how bad the animations are and how bad the sound effects are on top of that.

And just for a comparison of an Alpha game vs. a game that will launch in two days:

Ashes of Creation

Auto attacks

https://youtu.be/U3WrvtnSMiM?t=1790

Magic

Fire Field: https://youtu.be/S_7Od_OdXnU?t=240

And you're telling me Ashes of Creation looks worse than New World? Ashes of Creation magic effects from pre-Alpha look better than the latest beta (aka release) footage of New World. Don't get me wrong, AoC still looks rough, but it's ALPHA. New World is going to launch in 2 days.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post

Black Desert is 100% player made end game because there are incentives to do that. Something New World is lacking. And that's my point.

Even if New World is a B2P game, it still competes with sub-model MMORPGs. If not, then just make it compete with ESO or GW2, in both cases it's losing in almost every aspect, just due to the amount of content both games have to offer in comparison.

As a B2P game you have to generate revenue one way or another - and New World doesn't have that model implemented yet, which I tried to explain. As a B2P game you need something to generate cash, e.g. your shop. Then you can decide between being P2W or not. ESO has a heavily monetized shop (which relies on lootboxes, but is not P2W), GW2 has a very fair cash shop overall - and both offer you stuff you want / think you need (mounts, good looking skins, houses etc.) - New World is lacking that. Mounts are not in game and skins are pointless because you look not good anyway. So, how are they going to support the game in the future? Good question.
    Last edited by Nyel; 2021-09-26 at 08:35 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hollycakes View Post
    I thought someone would say this!
    It's why I asked earlier what people wanted to go with lol
    I didn't realize the mogs were tied into factions though.
    yeah, and thats the reason why i always wondered (since i first heard how syndicate is dominant, even in open beta) why is that??? their armor looks worse than marauders, but thats subjective and just my opinion, but there must be some other reason why ppl go for them. are the faction gear different stats or smth? i havent done much reasearch into it (none)
    Scam Citizen referral code: STAR-2YL2-XDTX|get 5,000 UEC

10+ Year Old Account
    I played GW2 and ESO in the past.
    I gave up on GW2 because I do not enjoy the art style and movement / combat.
    I gave up ESO because I loathe the combat and movement. And paying monthly for bag space.
    Since NW is BtP I will try it at some point, not at launch.

A few questions, that may be premature (since the game is not yet launched) for the ones that tried NW, ESO and GW2:
    - could you compare the three in terms of character physics / movement / animations? how do they feel?
    - how important and 'irreversible' are the Faction choices?
    - how required is the pvp?

Thanks.

Black Desert is 100% player made end game because there are incentives to do that. Something New World is lacking. And that's my point.

Even if New World is a B2P game, it still competes with sub-model MMORPGs. If not, then just make it compete with ESO or GW2, in both cases it's losing in almost every aspect, just due to the amount of content both games have to offer in comparison.

As a B2P game you have to generate revenue one way or another - and New World doesn't have that model implemented yet, which I tried to explain. As a B2P game you need something to generate cash, e.g. your shop. Then you can decide between being P2W or not. ESO has a heavily monetized shop (which relies on lootboxes, but is not P2W), GW2 has a very fair cash shop overall - and both offer you stuff you want / think you need (mounts, good looking skins, houses etc.) - New World is lacking that. Mounts are not in game and skins are pointless because you look not good anyway. So, how are they going to support the game in the future? Good question.
    Honestly i think this rework of a rework of a rework of a fully loot pvp game is going to be super popular for two months but with every problem "solved" with guides on youtube already people are going to spend a little while at what semblance of endgame it has then we are looking at another Wildstar. I don't want it to happen since we need more new mmos but boy does this feel like they need anything from amazon game studios to get out the door with a cash shop and this is shortterm hopes with longterm "we will figure something out? maybe?" hopes that could end up with nothing to show for it but a bunch of "new world, what went wrong?" videos on youtube a year from now.

Quote Originally Posted by Bugg View Post
    A few questions, that may be premature (since the game is not yet launched) for the ones that tried NW, ESO and GW2:
    - could you compare the three in terms of character physics / movement / animations? how do they feel?
    - how important and 'irreversible' are the Faction choices?
    - how required is the pvp?
    Basically watch these two videos I linked above when you want to see character physics, movement and animations:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gKHB...nel=Liltenhead

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t9UP...annel=Carneage

In my personal opinion, they're very outdated and not good, but you might see it differently. There is no fluidity to combat that you know from GW2 or ESO. Everything is very stiff and before you get to start something new you have to wait that the animation before is finished. In GW2 and ESO you could weave attacks in between, this is (besides a very small amount of situations) not possible in New World.

Faction choices are not that important and they are not irreversible. You can change your faction by simply clicking a button, but doing so gives you a 4 months lockout from doing that again. The duration might have changed, but that's how it was.

PvP isn't required at all, but is a huge part of the game to keep players entertained (because PvE content is very sparse).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    Honestly i think this rework of a rework of a rework of a fully loot pvp game is going to be super popular for two months but with every problem "solved" with guides on youtube already people are going to spend a little while at what semblance of endgame it has then we are looking at another Wildstar. I don't want it to happen since we need more new mmos but boy does this feel like they need anything from amazon game studios to get out the door with a cash shop and this is shortterm hopes with longterm "we will figure something out? maybe?" hopes that could end up with nothing to show for it but a bunch of "new world, what went wrong?" videos on youtube a year from now.
    It's exactly that. I mean even in his latest interview a few days ago the head of Amazon Games basically said: "We need to get something out that works, because all our previous games have been flops. And we hope that New World is it!"

New World will be popular at launch when all of the players that are starving for a new game are going to try it. But they will very, very quickly realize how shallow, unpolished and lacking of PvE content the game is (this will happen after the first week, the latest) and then they'll move on. A very small amount of niche players will stay, but in no way that's enough to keep the development for this game going. Wildstar had a lot of content at launch and some amazing raids. The entry into those was very high though. New World has nothing of the sort besides their very repetitive and boring "arenas" that take at best 15 minutes to do.
    Last edited by Nyel; 2021-09-26 at 02:14 PM.

Oh, the good ol' "The Vision" meme. You should check out PoE's reddit. People make memes daily about the dev's vision for their game, especially in their last league where they lost 30% of the player base because of it. The same goes for WoW btw. Just look at covenants and what happens in 9.1.5. Having a clear concept or "Vision" as you say - is worthless. You gotta listen to feedback and adapt. This is what New World did. A recipe for success.

The dragon vanishing upside down in the ground after walking up to a 2 cm stone was the funniest thing I've seen in a long time. Their game looks like it still needs at least 5 more years before they can even make an announcement. Could have been made by 5 Russian students selling it on steam for 1.99. "Our first unity game!"
    Its not a meme and PoE did the right thing. Whenever you try to please everyone you will inevitably end up pleasing no one.
    "Lol dey lost thyrty percent huehue" is a meme. Whole reddit is a meme at this point.

Actually new world is great example of that. Mediocre game in literally every field because devs wanted to please everyone instead of having thought of target audience.

The only hope is that they won't end up like blizzard, halfassing everything releasing mediocre crap every update.
    Ship has been abandoned.
    ---

NextUI for XIV

Quote Originally Posted by Super Kami Dende View Post
    But it at least had decent PvP.
    L O L, tell me you never played BDO *for real* without telling me you never played BDO *for real*...

I guess we'll see. By the end of October it's pretty clear if this game will be dead by the end of the year.
    It wont be dead, just people need to accept that its gonna be another MMO to hop on if MMOs is what they wanna play, unless they magically pop out content out of their asses the second month, and every second month after that, cause novelty and WoW hate get over fast, and you are back to reality.

The same with pretty much every MMO launch, at least some saw some rejuvenation years after with all the WoW hate, boosting their sales/numbers, which is good, some proper push/competition to make those gets better is always welcome, i have GW2 as my secondary "single player MMO", hopefully New World can be for some others.