7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    He’s had a long time to get over his incompetence. And since most rational people would say an incompetent coach is a bad coach… sure, he could magically become competent. You know what that does though? It makes him competent when he gets there. It doesn’t negate how bad he was before.
    You make it sound like people can just cease being incompetent ... that's not the case.

There are just some people that cannot learn.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    If he was competent......he'd be a good coach.

Not only is competence and "quality of a coach" not mutually exclusive, I'd say they're positively correlated.
    And my argument isn't they are exclusive.

My argument incompetence ALONE isn't enough to judge a coach.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

Incompetence is the hallmark of a bad coach. No one out here believes coaches are deliberately bad. They all think they've got it figured out - the ones that don't, are incompetent. Like, how do you define "bad" if it doesn't mean incompetence? There's all sorts of different techniques and philosophies of both offense and defense, so arguing that there's a technically "incorrect"/bad way of coaching seems fallacious at best.

Unless you're Rick Dennison.

7+ Year Old Account
    If they aren’t competent they can’t be a good coach. It’s antithetical to the definition of the words.
    And I am not saying incompetence coaches can be good coaches.
    I am saying just because someone is incompetent doesn't make them a bad coach.

There is more than just good coach or bad coach. A bad coach to me has to be more than just incompetent just like a good coach has to be more than just competent.

I don't know enough to say that Gase is any more than an incompetent coach. If that is a bad coach to you, fine, I honestly don't care. I have a problem if you tell me that I have to accept he is a bad coach because he meets your qualifications of one.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

7+ Year Old Account
    Incompetent: not having the skill or ability to do the necessary job

It’s not me, it’s the dictionary.
    /facepalm

Why do I ever bother attempting conversations with you? I always get annoyed at you not understanding basic concepts.

We are judging the quality of a coach in the conversation. You are saying an incompetent coach is a bad coach, I am saying there is more than just competency that matters. We aren't arguing the definition of the word incompetent. We are arguing over a subjective judgment of the quality of a coach. You can't get from incompetent to bad without your personal opinion, it does not matter what the dictionary says.

Again, if competency is all that matters to YOU to judge the quality of a coach, I don't care.
    I care that you are saying I have to accept your view as factual.
    –The Sith Code

10+ Year Old Account
    ... anyway

Sounds like the reason why La'el Collins got suspended is because he tried to bribe the collector. Not exactly skipping tests like originally stated.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...test-collector

Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post
    Sounds like the reason why La'el Collins got suspended is because he tried to bribe the collector. Not exactly skipping tests like originally stated.

Prime example of someone who has way more money than brains. He fits in well on the Cowboys.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ursus View Post
    Prime example of someone who has way more money than brains. He fits in well on the Cowboys.
    Wow ... that just get worse and worse.

He got a 5 game suspension, the Union got it reduced to 2, he still appealed it and got "Nope, it should be 5."

Sometimes you have to take what win you can get. Seriously, some fights are just not worth fighting.

So, I have to agree with you.
    –The Sith Code

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post
    ... anyway

Yeah that was a fun story this morning. My favorite part was that they negotiated it down to 2 games but then his appeal brought it back up to 5.
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    yeah, I take it all back. La'el deserves what he got. geezus lol

10+ Year Old Account
    FOX guys in the van cracking me up, the Saints scored a TD and they put four points on the board for New England. What button do you hit that gives a team four points? lol
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    Jesus. The whole message out of Patriots this week was "We have to stop Kamara", so what do they do? Let him run rampant from the 2nd drive onwards.

Steelers are probably hoping Roethlisberger retires mid-season with how he has been playing.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    FOX guys in the van cracking me up, the Saints scored a TD and they put four points on the board for New England. What button do you hit that gives a team four points? lol
    And then they changed it to 2 points for the Patriots.

I have no idea what was going on with that
    –The Sith Code

15+ Year Old Account
    2 turn overs by chiefs already? Seems very rare lol

Edit: make that 3 ������
    - Vanilla was legitimately bad; we just didn't know any better at the time - SirCowDog

Quote Originally Posted by Grube View Post
    Steelers are probably hoping Roethlisberger retires mid-season with how he has been playing.
    I think I saw that he had 14 yard on 8 attempts or something

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vestig3 View Post
    2 turn overs by chiefs already? Seems very rare lol

Edit: make that 3 ������
    That first one was an amazing interception
    "We must make our choice. We may have democracy, or we may have wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both."
    -Louis Brandeis

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gestopft View Post
    That first one was an amazing interception
    The best part was hill getting mad and try to take it back
    - Vanilla was legitimately bad; we just didn't know any better at the time - SirCowDog

10+ Year Old Account
    Patriots are just totally off. Special Teams gaffs? That never happens.

Going to be a long night like this.

- - - Updated - - -

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Honestly, I know it isn't the time they flex games out of Sunday Night.

But, the Bucs-Patriots at this point has no reason being a Sunday Night game.
    –The Sith Code

I guess sometimes Jameis being Jameis gives you a touchdown.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Also holy shit Jaguars managing to pull off the 109-yard field goal return. That's a trick you only see every handful of seasons.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)