Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Movie Ideas, That Haven't Been Done, That You Would Like To See Made?

Interesting concept think of a type of movie theme that you think hasn't been made yet.

Some ideas:

1. A Sci-Fi/History hybrid. Think Alien Invasion in Medieval Europe. (Similar to movies like War of the Worlds which adaptations have never made in its actual setting (Victorian England) from the books, outside of the musical)

2. A World War 1 or World War 2 movie from the perspective of black soldiers who fought alongside the allied troops (Love war movies, but its gotten to the point where they are all the same at this point, not that I mind, but there are still so many perspectives we have not seen)

3. A Baldur's Gate/Forgotten Realms movie. Because why the hell not :P
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Nice list.

Off the top of my head, some movies you might want to check out until those get made:

1. Steamboy - OK, its not quite 'alien' sci-fi but it is definitely sci-fi set in 1860's England.

2. Red Tails - About the Tuskegee airmen in WW2. Not the greatest film but not terrible.

3. A D&D movie set in Neverwinter is set to release in 2023: https://www.imdb.com/title/tt2906216/?ref_=nv_sr_srsg_0

I'm honestly surprised no one has made a Zelda movie yet.

I've been waiting for a Johnny Quest movie

Thunder Cats starring Chris Pratt as Lion-O and Dwayne Johnson as Panthro.

JLA movies based on John Morrison's run from 1997, starting with the White Martians, Asmodel, and The Key for film 1. The Rock of Ages for film 2, and The Ultra Marines and World War III for film 3.

Huntress: Year One movie, possibly for HBO Max. DO NOT cast Mary Elizabeth Winstead!

Alien vs. Predator vs. Terminator starring Linda Hamilton, Sigourney Weaver, and Arnold Schwarzenegger playing both an aging Dutch, AND a de-aged T-800.

A Les Grossman movie.

Im having a hard time thinking of something that’s never been done (even when done poorly). Things I’d like to see more of:

Could use some more space horror like event horizon.

More AI that isn’t trying to take over the world, and is just trying to live in it.

Much as I enjoy the new Godzilla movies, people are just not terrified enough. Play up more the horror aspect like they did in the first cloverfield.

Human/cyborg type movies. More about the origins of say a cyberpunk universe.

As a comic fan any character driven shows are a plus for me. DC actually has a bit of a head start on this but marvel is catching up well. One of those times I hope both sides win as we all win. Leave the spectacle for the theater and let us get to know the characters on the small screen.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post

JLA movies based on John Morrison's run from 1997,
    As someone that has called Grant Morrison Jim Morrison in comic nerd company, I feel a bit better now.

Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    I'm honestly surprised no one has made a Zelda movie yet.
    zelda live action coming to netflix in 2022, but has now been cancelled.

A super gritty "dark" epic war period piece about ancient Rome's first expedition into Gaul and ancient Britannia.

A heartfelt, "feel-good" film based on this children's book, called Weslandia, about a kid who uses his own imagination to form a micro-nation in his backyard.

An actual respecting of the source content version of Avatar: The Last Air Bender. There are few movies that legitimately left me so utterly disappointed. And I have pretty low standards when it comes to alot of movies.

I've always wanted to see, a film or films based on Harry Harrison's West of Eden trilogy, its set on an alternate Earth where an asteroid never wiped out the dinosaurs, so some evolved into bipedal humanoids, and come into conflict with primitive humans.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/West_of_Eden

10+ Year Old Account
    I want to say "Give us something new that breaks the rules and ignores storytelling tropes whilst still being enjoyable" but that's sort of like trying to think of/invent a new color. Blah blah, the hero's journey. Blah blah, those two are gonna end up together. Blah blah, exposition scientist. I miss not being surprised.

There's a youtube channel (storys recapped) that do 10-30 minute video summaries/spoilers, but at the cost of performances/dialogue. Normally I'm strongly against spoilers, but the channel has introduced me to some cool movies I wouldn't have heard of otherwise; Japanese & Malaysian horror/action, B-movie American sci-fi, Foreign Fantasy, etc. Check it out if you don't mind spoilers. Instead of watching a 90 minute movie you can watch 5 of them summarized and pick which ones you might want to watch at length.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dread Pirate Phayde View Post
    I've always wanted to see, a film or films based on Harry Harrison's West of Eden trilogy, its set on an alternate Earth where an asteroid never wiped out the dinosaurs, so some evolved into bipedal humanoids, and come into conflict with primitive humans.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/West_of_Eden
    There's an episode of Star Trek Voyager of Dinosaurs that left to escape the meteor that wiped out Earth. They speak condescendingly about mammalian life, and refer to humans as primitive. It's entertaining in a 'planet of the apes' race-superiority type way.
    My youtube channels: Sath Reacts: TV & Movie Reactions, and Sath Animations: Stop motion/claymation animations

Quote Originally Posted by SavoirFaire View Post

As someone that has called Grant Morrison Jim Morrison in comic nerd company, I feel a bit better now.
    Grant Morrison is the man. His is the definitive Justice League run, ever, and he brought out the best work in Howard Porter.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    A Slice of Life Isekai where an Overpowered Hero comes from a Fantasy World into the Real World but loses all their powers and has to adapt to being a normal Human.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Kami Dende View Post
    A Slice of Life Isekai where an Overpowered Hero comes from a Fantasy World into the Real World but loses all their powers and has to adapt to being a normal Human.
    Don't really watch anime much these days, but I'm fairly certain there's already a couple shows like that now.
    "Go back...I just want to go back...!"

a movie about Roger Casement

Cgi Mickey Mouse and Minnie movie *KeKwjqkwtfbbq*

Quote Originally Posted by Super Kami Dende View Post
    Replace Hero with Villian and there you go.

https://myanimelist.net/anime/48753/...a_wa_Kujikenai

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    Interesting concept think of a type of movie theme that you think hasn't been made yet.

Some ideas:

1. A Sci-Fi/History hybrid. Think Alien Invasion in Medieval Europe. (Similar to movies like War of the Worlds which adaptations have never made in its actual setting (Victorian England) from the books, outside of the musical)

2. A World War 1 or World War 2 movie from the perspective of black soldiers who fought alongside the allied troops (Love war movies, but its gotten to the point where they are all the same at this point, not that I mind, but there are still so many perspectives we have not seen)

3. A Baldur's Gate/Forgotten Realms movie. Because why the hell not :P
    1. Dr. Who already exists.
    2. How is a black perspective different in a noteworthy way? There have been plenty of perspectives from different social classes, changing the color is not going to matter. Additionally they were relatively very rare in at least the western theatres of war.
    3. I would be surprised if it does not exist yet, but if it indeed does not then it definitely should!

Personally i'm always up for more age-of-exploration movies, possibly involving pirates but not necessarily. As i am dutch i've seen some on "the east" (sailing to the dutch Indies, present day Indonesia) but i've seen few enough about the western trade routes (which were relatively unimportant to the Dutch).

So yeah: a realistic movie about western trade routes, colonisation and such. No dramatisation or political bullshit, just all the horrible guts and all the great glory.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

Not exactly on topic but start using different worlds in film i.e. stop using LOTR, Sherlock Holmes etc, start using anything else as source material

Quote Originally Posted by molliewoof View Post
    Not exactly on topic but start using different worlds in film i.e. stop using LOTR, Sherlock Holmes etc, start using anything else as source material
    ...there has been like 7 LOTR movies period (1 Ralph Bakshi, 6 Peter Jackson but I barely count the Hobbit Trilogy) and Sherlock Holmes is public domain so it's super cheap to use him over well let's say Azeroth