Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    absolutely in no way will they leave 9.1 to run for 9 months. that would just be a disaster. here's what I reckon:

9.1.5 drops week of October 19 (that same week we hit renown 80)
    new PTR drops Nov 2 for 9.2 - runs for 7 weeks
    9.2 drops December 21
    Next raid launches January 4

I would guess that the bulk of the work for whatever zone we are getting in 9.2 is done already, they just need to add a few bits and pieces and then do raid testing and it will be good to go
    7 weeks of PTR for a major raid tier would be unprecedented afaik, ignoring all the obvious issues they'd run into with making the casual content for the patch.
    Last edited by Cosmic Janitor; 2021-09-27 at 09:36 AM.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    I'm just taking on how it feels on the reaction of things, and I'm almost worried that we're not going to see the 9.2 in 2021, due to the amount they are loading on 9.1.5, it is a warning sign when a minor patch turns into a larger.
    ah but maybe they were going to introduce all the shit they are in 9.1.5 in 9.2 and decided to speed it up a bit. that would explain why it took so long between 9.1 and the 9.1.5 PTR because they shifted things forward. my hope of a 9.2 in 2021 is probably a bit wishful but it will be very early 2022 at the latest and we will absolutely be getting a PTR for the patch in 2021

absolutely in no way will they leave 9.1 to run for 9 months. that would just be a disaster. here's what I reckon:

9.2 drops December 21

I would guess that the bulk of the work for whatever zone we are getting in 9.2 is done already, they just need to add a few bits and pieces and then do raid testing and it will be good to go
    its not about what they will or wont

9.1 will be likely 12 + months patch because they have nothing new to offer to players

if they had it would come in 9.1.5

atm its either :

9.1.5 last patch of expansion and 10.0 releasing august/septemebr 2022

or

9.2 coming around match / april and lasting till early spring 2023 making it almost 3 years expansion

anything other and 10.0 will end up as disaster with low amount of content like SL.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post

9.1 will be likely 12 + months patch because they have nothing new to offer to players

atm its either :

or

9.2 coming around match / april and lasting till early spring 2023 making it almost 3 years expansion

anything other and 10.0 will end up as disaster with low amount of content like SL.
    no that is absolutely ridiculous and they will not push things out that long. if 9.2 is the final patch of the expansion, and it could very well be, then we will almost certainly get a new expansion at the end of next year

more people asking what 9.3 would bring and more people complaining about their class not being important enough for blizzard

5+ Year Old Account

9.2 drops December 21

Where did you get the information about release dates? Are they confirmed?

10+ Year Old Account

atm its either :

or

9.1 won't be 12 months, 9.1.5 is already revealed, and will most likely be in October/November, then that (by my belief) will go on for another 3-4 months (hope not), and then 9.2 will happen.

I doubt 9.1.5 will be the last patch, nor do I believe 9.2 will either, we're talking 9.2.5 and 9.3 with cross-over, or 9.2.5, and 9.3 is cross-over

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cloudmaker View Post
    The October one is when the Renown cap hits if one isn't behind.

Rest, is of course, guesses and estimates I believe.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

9.2 drops December 21
    Lol, this is the most optimistic thing I have ever seen in my life.
    But hey, you're allowed to dream.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cloudmaker View Post
    it was mostly guesswork combined with wishful thinking

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by javierdsv View Post
    dam right. I am probably wrong (other than 9.1.5 release date and maybe the new PTR date) but I hope I am not

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by javierdsv View Post
    We need some optimism nowadays.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

7+ Year Old Account
    I expect 9.2 news and PTR directly after or very very soon after 9.1 goes live.
    This basically has to happen, they can't possibly be so delusional as to think 9.1.5 could carry them for long.

As for release, obviously next year.
    Probably after their online event in February.

Formerly known as Arafal

9.1 won't be 12 months, 9.1.5 is already revealed, and will most likely be in October/November, then that (by my belief) will go on for another 3-4 months (hope not), and then 9.2 will happen.

I doubt 9.1.5 will be the last patch, nor do I believe 9.2 will either, we're talking 9.2.5 and 9.3 with cross-over, or 9.2.5, and 9.3 is cross-over

- - - Updated - - -

The October one is when the Renown cap hits if one isn't behind.

Rest, is of course, guesses and estimates I believe.
    and then what ? 10.0 in 2024 ?

if they had anything done for 9.2 they would already show it to at least try to counter new world and FF14 expansion

they have nothing thats why they hit panic button and push legion content as "new stuff to do"

- - - Updated - - -

We need some optimism nowadays.
    there is plenty optimism around

for example my guid that has moved to FF14 is having a blast there

just not in wow - because most players left wow

those people who left are very optimistic about new exiting expansion that is coming for them on 23rd november

while wow which they left behind can rot further.

want to know a secret ? most of people who moved on to FF14 dont care anymore about anything blizzard could put into 9.1.5 or 9.2 because game will be still fundametaly corrupt and rotting - being catered only to toxic mythic raiders.

and nothing in 9.1.5 is changing that

there is 0 new content coming for casuals.

do you know where new content is coming ? in FF14.

10+ Year Old Account
    and then what ? 10.0 in 2024 ?
    if they had anything done for 9.2 they would already show it to at least try to counter new world and FF14 expansion

they have nothing thats why they hit panic button and push legion content as "new stuff to do"
    They don't need to counter Endwalker, they have their 9.1.5, nothing much, just fluff, and we'll see, and no, wouldn't believe 10.0 in 2024 but earliest Q4 2022, latest, Q2 2023. Right now, they need to get on the right track again, and fill the ranks, sweep out the rot, and move forward. Just like FFXIV had to sweep out their ashes once, and relearn how to make their game for the sake of their fans, and investment.

there is plenty optimism around
    Eh, you don't sound that optimistic, so well.

for example my guid that has moved to FF14 is having a blast there
    Grats? And? It is a new adventure to you. If you hope to believe to rub it in my face, then you aren't going far. I've seen FFXIV die once, I've seen two expansions suck, and only the recent two have been interesting for now. We'll see where Endwalker takes us. But I'm happy you and your guild took a brave move to explore a new world.

just not in wow - because most players left wow
    Meanwhile, others are having fun in WoW, and some aren't. Just like some aren't having fun in FFXIV, and some are. Welcome to MMORPGs.

those people who left are very optimistic about new exiting expansion that is coming for them on 23rd november
    Great, so you are able to explore something new with your friends? Just like others.

while wow which they left behind can rot further.
    No need to be salty if a life in a different world didn't suit you well. That is why you've gone to another world, with fresh options, and simpler times.

want to know a secret ? most of people who moved on to FF14 dont care anymore about anything blizzard could put into 9.1.5 or 9.2 because game will be still fundametaly corrupt and rotting - being catered only to toxic mythic raiders.
    Eh, you seem to care enough to participate in the discussion of future content. As well, if you didn't like toxic Mythic people, sadly a choice of who you are around, or who you choose to play with. Alas, the toxicity are in all games, even FFXIV - if you were pondering.

and nothing in 9.1.5 is changing that

there is 0 new content coming for casuals.
    As it currently looks, 9.1.5 is quite a casual, yet ever-growing patch, of course, it is fluff stuff but we will see what the future brings.

do you know where new content is coming ? in FF14.
    You are starting to sound like you recently jumped on the bandwagon for FFXIV, you do not need to parade what you choose to use your time on, there is plenty of players in the online communities who makes choices and goes to explore and/or stay there.

Ok, when there will be news? After 9.1.5 is released. Typically a few of weeks later.

When will 9.2 release? Feb/March most probably.

Will anything line up with Endwalker? Maybe 9.1.5, but it is a bad idea to do so at this point. A time walking event cannot compare to a full expansion of content.

I don't think a 9.3 will exist. I think we will see the next xpac at Blizzcon, and will release in November/December of next year. There is no reason to linger in SL anymore and throw things off schedule more than they already are. I cannot see SL being the longest WoW expansion ever after everything that happened. They need to go back to the designing board and come out of the gate with a clean slate that is not representative of everything that went wrong in the last 5 years. 1.5/2 more years of Shadowlands would be insanity imo.
    Last edited by Swnem; 2021-09-27 at 01:00 PM.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    Based on whatever reasons you have, whether it be past patches or what you think is their new scheduling system. Two separate parts to the question - When do you think we will first get news of 9.2, then when you think it will actually release.

Anyone think they will try and aim for a release date to go up against Endwalker? Or completely avoid it?
    My guess is a teaser around the date of 9.1.5 (mid October, more or less) PTR up one month later and a February release.

That is assuming there won't be any more $&#% down the road, of course.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

9.1.5 hits live the week after you get renown 80.
    +1 week 9.2 Trailer/reveal
    +2 weeks 9.2 PTR

Release around mid JAN.

News about 9.3 or 10.0 in Blizzconline 2022 (FEB/MAR).

PTR for 9.2 will most likely take 12 weeks as usual, so there's basically no chance that 9.2 will release this year. The last PTR that was live over Christmas / New Year's Eve was the one for 8.3 and it took them 13 weeks from PTR to live servers.

A 9.2 launch around Blizzconline (February) makes the most sense. We still have to get 9.1.5 on live servers which might take another 2-3 weeks at least and then add 12 weeks on top of that -> 15 weeks from now and we're landing at January 10. And that's the most optimistic release date.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    PTR for 9.2 will most likely take 12 weeks as usual, so there's basically no chance that 9.2 will release this year. The last PTR that was live over Christmas / New Year's Eve was the one for 8.3 and it took them 13 weeks from PTR to live servers.

A 9.2 launch around Blizzconline (February) makes the most sense. We still have to get 9.1.5 on live servers which might take another 2-3 weeks at least and then add 12 weeks on top of that -> 15 weeks from now and we're landing at January 10. And that's the most optimistic release date.
    If patch won't launch before mid December, it will launch mid January. Launch need all devs, early hotfixes need all devs. Blizzard very often release patches near quarter end, but Q4 is exception, very often patches are pushed to January. Looks like game is busier than usual around Christmas anyway.

We still have no confirmation for Blizzcon/online event date, last year it was confirmed around 20th September.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    If patch won't launch before mid December, it will launch mid January. Launch need all devs, early hotfixes need all devs. Blizzard very often release patches near quarter end, but Q4 is exception, very often patches are pushed to January. Looks like game is busier than usual around Christmas anyway.

We still have no confirmation for Blizzcon/online event date, last year it was confirmed around 20th September.
    I mean 8.3 is the best comparison we have. 13 weeks of PTR, launch mid January. The question is if they're able to do this again or not with all the delays and what else is going on. It really depends on when 9.1.5 launches. If 9.1.5 launches just end of October, a January launch will become very unlikely. I think 12 weeks of PTR is the minimum we can expect during this time of the year (due to holidays).

I expect them to have some kind of event anyway, just to announce the upcoming expansion. Maybe it's not Blizzconline as they inteded, but a special 1-2 hour WoW stream. Besides the upcoming WoW expansion and maybe some Diablo 4 footage (and the next best Hearthstone expansion) I wouldn't expect too much from Blizzconline (especially not Overwatch 2 stuff). But we'll see, an announcement should be imminent, if we don't get anything until November I'd be a bit worried though.
    Last edited by Nyel; 2021-09-27 at 06:24 PM.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm booking mid to late November.

Blizzard is going to do something to try and not let Endwalker get months to itself in the MMO Sphere, and since 9.1.5 is just their PR patch and 9.2 is next year, the only option they have left is to announce 9.2 in November.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)