I didn't know Desean Jackson was still playing.

Denver has also lost both starting guards. The interior o-line has been so bad, not sure if that is a bad thing or not.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    Weird day for kickers, so many missed kicks and yet Tucker broke the record in dramatic fashion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    The first angle they were showing almost made it look like it bounced off the goal line. Such a crazy kick.
    And yet kickers are still held to impossible standards to get recognized in the Hall of Fame. You have to be a true generational outlier to be even considered.

Of the current and recent Kickers only Venatieri and Tucker are being considered, and even Tucker probably needs to continue kicking at a high level for many more years to keep his good name.

Cause that's the shitty thing. Regular players can get worse when they get older or have an off year and still bounce back without issue. As a kicker one bad year means you are looking for a new job and forget being considered for the HoF at that point. You need to be perfect and have a long career.

But, maybe we finally see a change in how things are perceived. Maybe after we now finally see Safeties making it into the Hall again that we can start letting Kickers in too. God forbid we might even reach a point where we start considering Punters.

10+ Year Old Account
    Justin Tucker's FG was longer than the total number of yards managed by the Bears offence.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

Well it looks like the Seahawks defense is a MAJOR liability this year. Minnesota only punted once today (when it mattered).
    "We must make our choice. We may have democracy, or we may have wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both."
    -Louis Brandeis

10+ Year Old Account
    Kinda disappointed that beautiful 14-5 scored ended up a boring 31-28.
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    Raiders have won both home games in overtime on their second possession this season.

Vegas is putting on a show.

- - - Updated - - -

The last time the Raiders were 3-0, I just started my first year of college. I just bought a Gamecube and owned a Jerry Rice jersey.

That was more than half a life time ago.

10+ Year Old Account
    Janikowski
    I didn't own his jersey till 2004.

10+ Year Old Account
    I remember my buddy Danny banking in his leg in Madden vs me playing the Rams back then hehe.
    He was a cheat code on Madden '03, the one with Faulk on the cover.

The soundtrack in that game was a belter too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    Raiders have won both home games in overtime on their second possession this season.

Vegas is putting on a show.

- - - Updated - - -

The last time the Raiders were 3-0, I just started my first year of college. I just bought a Gamecube and owned a Jerry Rice jersey.

That was more than half a life time ago.
    I was more of a Tim Brown fan.
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gestopft View Post
    Well it looks like the Seahawks defense is a MAJOR liability this year. Minnesota only punted once today (when it mattered).
    Shocker, but drafting like shit for 7 years and doing nothing to address glaring holes does that to you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, but so was Faulk.
    It was almost Bo Jackson in Techmo Bowl levels of cheese.

15+ Year Old Account
    Stafford looks pretty good
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    I'm not sure if you guys have noticed but sometimes I say things that are kind of dumb
    I just like reading about the "vigorous rubbing" that might affect ball inflation.

15+ Year Old Account
    The calls against the Packers and non-calls have been noticeably weird. But Rodgers also had terrible passes the drive before the turnover.
    I'm not sure if you guys have noticed but sometimes I say things that are kind of dumb
    I just like reading about the "vigorous rubbing" that might affect ball inflation.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am still puzzled how Adams was knocked out cold on the turf, no flag, misses 2 snaps, was allowed back out and finished the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Spaceboytg View Post
    I've been listening to the Packers-49ers game on the radio and, as someone who dislikes both teams, based on the announcers descriptions these referees should be out of a job tomorrow
    Green Bay had 7 penalties for 87 yards against them. 49ers had 4 penalties for 86 yards against them. Were there some questionable calls/no calls, sure but that is true for basically every game.

Honestly, I think these reactions to the refs are only because typically every game Green Bay play, they go super positive in total penalty yards so a game where it is close seems like something is off. Hell the third and fourth down penalties, which are always the most impactful, made up all 4 of the 49ers penalties whereas only 2 of the Packers.

15+ Year Old Account
    Idk if I’d call it egregious, it was just a little like “huh?” but regularly. There was a failed play where Garropollo threw it to a receiver on the edge right after the snap, but it went backwards and was a lateral from the angles I saw. The receiver didn’t catch it and it bounced out of bounds somethings like 2-5 yards behind scrimmage, but they never did a replay or considered it might have been lateral.

There were also some things like the weakest roughing the passer hit I’ve seen and a meh PI against the packers the series before Adams got blasted, that’s partially why the no call on it was in extra focus.

Then there was a moment I realized I never understood the tuck rule and was reminded they nixed it.
    Last edited by ProphetFlume; 2021-09-27 at 07:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Spaceboytg View Post
    I get that bad calls happen, and you gotta play through them. But Ward speared Adams in the helmet while he was in the air and defenseless, how do you not call that but call PI on a guy who brushed the receiver with his hand? This officiating team was just too inconsistent to be calling important games. Let them call Jets games.
    How did they manage to see the tripping against Jimmy G, but miss a ton of holding call/PI calls? I don't know, they definitely missed the helmet to helmet but the idea that the officiating was awful because of missing that one play is silly IMO. Earlier in the day it seems official missed a delay of games on the Ravens which let them attempt a 66 yard field goal instead of a 71 yard one. But Packers aren't given one call and everyone loses their mind

Quote Originally Posted by Faltemer View Post
    How did they manage to see the tripping against Jimmy G, but miss a ton of holding call/PI calls? I don't know, they definitely missed the helmet to helmet but the idea that the officiating was awful because of missing that one play is silly IMO. Earlier in the day it seems official missed a delay of games on the Ravens which let them attempt a 66 yard field goal instead of a 71 yard one. But Packers aren't given one call and everyone loses their mind
    Well, mainly because that one call could have lead to a serious injury? I mean, the number of missed calls isn't as important as the seriousness of what was missed, like boohoo 5 yards. But they were missing all kinds of calls if you watched the game.

Like the commentators called the senior/expert ref in and they even said "yeah the refs just weren't paying attention" or something like that.

KJ Hamler's injury ended up being a torn ACL, so he is out for the year. Not sure what it is with Denver's top 3 receivers and tearing stuff in their knees, but it seems to happen at least once a year. Good thing they didn't trade Tim Patrick.

10+ Year Old Account
    I didn't pay much attention to the late game but refs are bad so I'm prepared to believe anything about their failings.
    /s