Thread: Genshin Impact

Quote Originally Posted by blackpink View Post
    Here's the thing...I'm assuming most people just used up all their purple xp books cuz they were too lazy to do like 10 xp leylines (from 1-70). I never did that, and so I have like over 1500 purple xp books and I have like 6 lv 90s atm. I always just did a couple leylines to level them up combined with the zillion blue xp books I've hoarded over time. On the other hand, there's absolutely nothing you can do about the ascension gemstones. Unless you get really lucky, on average it takes 5 days.
    I don't get what you mean about being lazy. Unless you're hardcore grinding mob xp to save on books, it's the only way to get characters up, whether you get them from events/teapot/whatever or xp leylines. You're only hoarding them because you're not using them, unless you legit farmed xp leylines instead of using your stock, which means you didn't hoard, you just kept even.
    Out of curiosity, the other characters you have, what level are they?

Quote Originally Posted by Wrecktangle View Post
    What I meant to say is that I've been told this game has much fairer gacha mechanics than other games and that I shouldn't complain.
    That's a fucking lie for sure. In addition to costing like 10x what other gachas cost to get a character, most other gachas don't have an additional banners needed to get a character's "special weapon" or constellations that necessitate character copies to upgrade (or at the very least offer alternative farmable methods). They also don't have such incredibly horrible rates on other gear acquisition of desired stats, and such low rates on activities that allow you to actually progress (read: resin activities).

Quote Originally Posted by Gomelus View Post
    I don't get what you mean about being lazy. Unless you're hardcore grinding mob xp to save on books, it's the only way to get characters up, whether you get them from events/teapot/whatever or xp leylines. You're only hoarding them because you're not using them, unless you legit farmed xp leylines instead of using your stock, which means you didn't hoard, you just kept even.
    Out of curiosity, the other characters you have, what level are they?
    What I meant is, I've seen people just dump purple xp books to level up their new characters from 1-70 or 1-60 even. This is terrible use of your resources. Just do a couple xp leylines and level with the xp books you get from them (blue and purple). I only dumped my purples I had in my possession to lv from 70-90. Doing this for the 6 months I've played, I accumulated a mass surplus because they drop so frequently from events and whatnot. I did leylines to lv from 1-60 and then 60-70 with all the blue books I had naturally for quite a lot of my characters. I want to say I did this for all of my characters but I'm actually not sure about that. I had a ton of blue books still when I came back from the game and used up all of them to level raiden, sara, and sayu 1-60.

That should cover your confusion about me hoarding vs doing leylines.

I have 6 90s, 8 80s, 1 70, a bunch of 60s...and then amber / kaeya (lol). Only reason amber and kaeya isn't lv 1 is cuz I used them right when I first started the game.

I've been playing from sept-march, then took a break, and came back in 2.1

Quote Originally Posted by blackpink View Post
    What I meant is, I've seen people just dump purple xp books to level up their new characters from 1-70 or 1-60 even. This is terrible use of your resources. Just do a couple xp leylines and level with the xp books you get from them (blue and purple). I only dumped my purples I had in my possession to lv from 70-90. Doing this for the 6 months I've played, I accumulated a mass surplus because they drop so frequently from events and whatnot. I did leylines to lv from 1-60 and then 60-70 with all the blue books I had naturally for quite a lot of my characters. I want to say I did this for all of my characters but I'm actually not sure about that. I had a ton of blue books still when I came back from the game and used up all of them to level raiden, sara, and sayu 1-60.

That should cover your confusion about me hoarding vs doing leylines.

I have 6 90s, 8 80s, 1 70, a bunch of 60s...and then amber / kaeya (lol). Only reason amber and kaeya isn't lv 1 is cuz I used them right when I first started the game.

I've been playing from sept-march, then took a break, and came back in 2.1
    Dissing my man Kaeya like that smh. That's an insane stockpile ngl, but when you start leveling everyone to 80 (or even 90) they're gonna go FAST. Even worse with the mora.

Quote Originally Posted by BeepBoo View Post
    That's a fucking lie for sure. In addition to costing like 10x what other gachas cost to get a character, most other gachas don't have an additional banners needed to get a character's "special weapon" or constellations that necessitate character copies to upgrade (or at the very least offer alternative farmable methods). They also don't have such incredibly horrible rates on other gear acquisition of desired stats, and such low rates on activities that allow you to actually progress (read: resin activities).
    Eh, depends on the game. There's ones that are way better, that's for sure. But there's also ones that are substantially worse.

One thing that I will say is that Honkai got (and continues to get) huge QoL improvements to the progression activity stuff over it's life span, so I'm hoping the same will happen with Genshin. Especially artifact farming, that continues to piss me off.

5+ Year Old Account
    Launch of game 40 free wishes , anniversary 10 wishes, did they go broke? /s
    Please, there a perfect example of hypocritical thinking:
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    If Tinkers had anything to do with Hunters, but they don’t. Unlike Bards which are linked to Rogues.

Quote Originally Posted by cocomen2 View Post
    Launch of game 40 free wishes , anniversary 10 wishes, did they go broke? /s
    They built Inazuma irl for their stream and are currently building a Paimon statue of liberty but unless the Paimon statue is solid gold I think they are just getting more stingy to prepare for building a giant IRL transforming Pyro Hypostasis.

5+ Year Old Account
    Funny thing, while reddit bashing on "Latern Rite" bad event too many chores with random npc ..... they fail to realize that that very same event gave us MORE primogems than any other event to date.
    If Tinkers had anything to do with Hunters, but they don’t. Unlike Bards which are linked to Rogues.

Funny thing, while reddit bashing on "Latern Rite" bad event too many chores with random npc ..... they fail to realize that that very same event gave us MORE primogems than any other event to date.
    The fetch quests were a fucking snoozefest tho. At least they learned from that and started adding the characters into them.

What do moonchase charms do? Also gotta love gathering a ton of chests in this event to get like 200 primos.

5+ Year Old Account
    The fetch quests were a fucking snoozefest tho. At least they learned from that and started adding the characters into them.
    yep, i hate useless fetch quests with random npc "go there talk to X and do Y"; but what to chose :

1) event with fetch quests and shitload of primos. (boring but with primogems)

2) even with 150 primos reward per day.(Stingy that you can't even do 1 fc pull)

I mean what a point in their events if they not able to combine interesting tasks with good reward, and do only one of these. Sad shit.

Quote Originally Posted by KrayZ33 View Post
    What did they change?
    I'm not going to try it out but I assume you are already way higher than AR30 when you want to visit Inazuma.

Either way, it will just add up.
    You get ascension mats for rate-up 4*s too, regardless of inazuma or not. As an example you would get stuck with a lvl 20 beidou even past ar15, unless you went out of your way to find jade, which is not normally obtainable at that lvl.

I mean what a point in their events if they not able to combine interesting tasks with good reward, and do only one of these. Sad shit.
    I mean, we get your point, the game is terrible, and the devs don’t know how to make games(unlike you, of course). Why do you even play at this point? Do you literally force yourself to play, so you can make some shitposts about the game on a daily basis?
    Last edited by Tang0; 2021-09-28 at 04:28 AM.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tang0 View Post
    so you can make some shitposts about the game on a daily basis?
    Yep, since we can make all dally tasks +artifact domain run under 30 minutes, so most fun out of the game i can get by watching white knights trying to defend badly maid moves on MHY part, it gives me smile.

Yep, since we can make all dally tasks +artifact domain run under 30 minutes, so most fun out of the game i can get by watching white knights trying to defend badly maid moves on MHY part, it gives me smile.
    Do you, by any chance, mean white knighting as saying anything opposite to all the stupid shit you’ve been posting in this thread?

15+ Year Old Account
    Anybody else stuck at 99% with all 30?

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Anybody else stuck at 99% with all 30?

Its the chests that give the completion I thought. I was at 98% and picked up 2 chests and got it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123456 View Post
    Its the chests that give the completion I thought. I was at 98% and picked up 2 chests and got it.
    Apparently both. I was missing a chesttttttttttt. I wasted like an hour

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, the hints only tell you a few, and you have to scour every inch for the rest. Which would be fine, but then you have to check the event's map often to check the outline of the area. And even then it's only more of a guideline. Once you get down to just a couple, it stops being fun and turns to frustration. Had fun with the combat ones. Gave me a chance for my B team to test its mettle. Diona burst plus Rosaria burst plus Kazuha burst plus Yoimiya shots means everything just dies, even the shields.

Speaking of frustration, couldn't do the event on my alt. Because the dumbest thing Mihoyo has done in this game is something that I don't see anyone talk about. This "that NPC is busy" bullshit has gotta stop, and whoever came up with that idea during the creation of the game needs to be fired.

I thought the quest was pretty cute and I liked how the integrated all of the characters of Liyue since we haven't seen them for a while.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Apparently both. I was missing a chesttttttttttt. I wasted like an hour

This is why you always check for guide to not bother

I must say 1 day of ani is OP. 1 wish and 60 primogems *sarcazm*.

- - - Updated - - -

8000 keys left:
    https://na.alienwarearena.com/ucf/sh...v2-1shakeshake
    Don't sweat the details!!!