Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    no info on 9.2 until Feb 2022

Mark my words

We'll get a tease after 9.1.5 releases, next month or so. Then in-depth information by the holidays, and a late Jan\early Feb release (Jan is too optimistic, but Feb seems to be more accurate), would be my guess.

10+ Year Old Account
    Spring 2022 release date, imo.

News in November, release in March is my guess. I expect the massive delays they had from 9.1 is an ongoing issue, especially with Blizzard having to deal with the lawsuits now and having to censor all kind of random things which also takes away time and resources.

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    I expect 9.2 news and PTR directly after or very very soon after 9.1 goes live.
    This basically has to happen, they can't possibly be so delusional as to think 9.1.5 could carry them for long.
    Does 9.1.5 have any actual content? Just cosmetic stuff and easier alting ain't it? Not really been keeping up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadite View Post
    Does 9.1.5 have any actual content? Just cosmetic stuff and easier alting ain't it? Not really been keeping up.
    Relaunch of Mage Tower with different rewards.
    Allied Race customizations.
    Cosmetics.
    Legion Timewalking.
    Torghast leveling.
    Easier for alting (skip storyline, etc).
    Change of AoE settings.
    Some balancing.
    Few changes to the covenant features.

Think that is about it..
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadite View Post
    Well, we are getting legion timewalking, but that's it.
    Everything else is essentially just QoL changes, extra customization and changes/fixes to the covenant system.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Cosmetics.
    Legion Timewalking.
    Torghast leveling.
    Change of AoE settings.
    Some balancing.

Think that is about it..
    The main problem with 9.1.5 from a content perspective is:

a) all of the content is already existing or did already exist in the past, aka nothing new
    b) the "fluff" content is just cosmetics and doesn't add anything worthwile to the game

I think for a .x.5 patch that's alright, the question is if it'll work for 9.1.5. That's where I do have my doubts.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

depends on HOW Blizz defined „damage control“ for them.

if they just wanna deliver some blending stuff (looking like a lot of things on surface/featurelist and looking like gold, while being cheap shit), as fast as possible, they will go the fast lane. means they push out 9.1.5 as soon as possible, directly followed by a lot of infos on 9.2, followed by a fast push of 9.2 (maybe even for xmas holidays). in that case imagine a more eye polished 9.1, but even 5 times worse than 9.1. maybe something around the quality of .2 island of Legion (7.2) and in the same way selling Sentinax stuff as a feature, etc. in short, in that case they focus on quantity and most possible fast release, while ignoring any quality.

if they wanna go the „convince customers and get back ppls“ route, they will bet on quality. in that type of damage control they ignore how long it takes and how many more ppls they loose (shortterm) but they have to gurantee that 9.2 hits like a truck (size and quality wise). then it will takes a lot of time and i assume no 9.2 before 1st March 2021 or even later.

so, it entirly depends on how Blizz designed their damage control strategies and what strategy they decided to go with.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    Well, we are getting legion timewalking, but that's it.
    Everything else is essentially just QoL changes, extra customization and changes/fixes to the covenant system.
    yeah since 9.1.5 is purely a quick damage control patch to „wow news, wow is feeling alive, they do something, etc marketing“ as soon as possible. its just there for stretching time frames as soon as possible.

the real interessting point is how they handle 9.2 and to what strategy they stick to.
    Last edited by Niwes; 2021-09-28 at 06:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Cosmetics.
    Legion Timewalking.
    Torghast leveling.
    Change of AoE settings.
    Some balancing.

Think that is about it..
    And the biggest news: Improved honor gear, reduced honor upgrade costs, and now 75% increase to conquest!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    The main problem with 9.1.5 from a content perspective is:

a) all of the content is already existing or did already exist in the past, aka nothing new
    b) the "fluff" content is just cosmetics and doesn't add anything worthwile to the game

I think for a .x.5 patch that's alright, the question is if it'll work for 9.1.5. That's where I do have my doubts.
    Well, for the content of a .1.5 type patch, this is turning out quite big, but yeah, nothing direct to do other than the Renown cap most likely moving again.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Alithia View Post
    And the biggest news: Improved honor gear, reduced honor upgrade costs, and now 75% increase to conquest!
    It's okay as well.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

9.2 will be the last patch so probs in a few years

9.1.5 most likely start of December, as a Christmas gift. 9.2 PTR up most likely 1st or 2nd week of January.

Quote Originally Posted by Raamul View Post
    They postponed some book release to Feb which is supposed to have some story reveals.

So based on that I guess 9.2 will Not come before Feb 2022.
    Story being delivered late is usually not the issue. It would have been rather bad to know the details about Sylvanas' bogus reasons for being a cunt before they tackle it ingame. So if anything, you'd think they'd release the patch before it comes to that. Given the delays it might also be the reason why the pushed the book back, as afaik the printing industry wasn't as badly affected (at least here in europe).
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.