Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Yeah I don't really think LFR adds anything to the game. It's probably the least fun activity in the entire game, and if the whole point is really just to let people see content they can just do that on Youtube or Twitch, so I don't really see the benefit.

That being said, it also doesn't really hurt anything. I haven't felt the need to do it in like 3 expansions, so as long as they continue to make sure that it doesn't feel required for any reason I don't think it makes much of a difference either way.

But I mean removing LFR isn't going to make me excited, I won't be happy and instantly resubscribe if it's gone, I also wouldn't quit the game if it were removed. I generally don't even think about it.

Honestly couldn't care less about LFR - +5 keys drops equal ilvl to LFR KT/Sylv, +6 is higher and doing that is hella easier than the obvious shitshow LFR is.

HOWEVER. I can see the point of it, for more casual players that perhaps don't have much time or simply wants to see and experience the raid content even though it's very "dumbed down".

I'm not sure tbh. While I particiapte in most raid tiers (mostyl heroic), not being able to finish story quests on the few I don't would probably bother me to no end; not enough to raid with certainty, but enough to quit when it happens. Non-player-gated group finders are one of these things a modern MMO needs to survive long term.

Also I guess ban-evasion is no longer a concern for MMOC? :P
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Quote Originally Posted by grandgato View Post
    2021, still advocating for the removal of LFR.

Amazing.
    Let them howl at the moon. LFR ain't going anywhere.

Best bit about these thread are all the people who never do it saying it is this and that. People who actually do it know the afk'ers get booted right away and the toxic people are the guys in normal/heroic gear crying about everyone and everything 99% of the time.

LFR is in this game for 10 years, and people are still bothered by it? Oh boy.

Quote Originally Posted by Kauko View Post
    Why so many people have a problem with LFR? Its not like they are forced to do it...
    I can't speak for all of them, but I know many did when it was originally released because it was giving tier gear to casual players. The same uproar we had when casual players were getting purple PVP gear when patch 2.0 came out. People who live in the game do not like the idea that people who do not live in the game get good things.

I would but I'm not the target audience for LFR. Used it exclusively to get alt legendary powers and dom shards this expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiwijello View Post
    So, then you WOULD play without LFR? Being that was the actual question asked. Nobody asked the question you answered...
    The question asked required a long answer because, like everything else in the real world, there's context and reasoning behind why the thread (like every other badly-disguised 'Remove LFR' thread from the last decade) is a moot point that only exists to score points among we neckbeards who regularly partake in MMO-C's forums.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

10+ Year Old Account
    No I wouldn't, not that I'm playing.
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzy View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bee76 View Post
    I dont think that this is a valid point. Without "raiding" the game would shrink to a point near death. SWTOR showed what happens with no and/or low new raid content. They focused for years on cosmetics (like SL outside of raids/m+/pvp) and the game is nearly dead. Its a great game, but so many players left the building.
    That's literally the reason they've said (several times over the last decade) they're not getting rid of LFR. "LFR lets us justify our raid development budget" has been one of the very few statements the company's been consistent on delivering since a system's implementation over the game's lifetime. I provided context how throughout Cataclysm you could see the effects of the raid team's budget being tightened over the expansion, with two raids scrapped and one of those repurposed into a dungeon (the only instance in 4.3 made entirely of unique assets, even), and how 5.0 onward were a return to form because LFR turned raiding from a niche activity into something 60% of level-capped players were doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Thage View Post
    The question asked required a long answer because, like everything else in the real world, there's context and reasoning behind why the thread (like every other badly-disguised 'Remove LFR' thread from the last decade) is a moot point that only exists to score points among we neckbeards who regularly partake in MMO-C's forums.
    You are one of THOSE people. Ugh. Carry on. Forget I engaged...

I dont care that much either way. That said, last couple of xpacs I have done raids on LFR for the most time.

Important note: I do them once or twice and never again.

At this point it gives shit gear and most of the time worst looking gear(for Tmog), so its not worth doing after you have completed story quest and see the whole raid.

But to be honest, im glad its there on retail. I get to see the raids, but its not really a cool experience except from seeing the raids & bosses. That part is over after few runs.

If it were gone, it would just mean I wouldnt really complete every raid. Dunno if thats a good thing really.

Quote Originally Posted by Ludek View Post
    LFR is in this game for 10 years, and people are still bothered by it? Oh boy.
    It's a scape goat for the simple-minded. It has been their embodiment of "the enemy" for years, which is why they still rail against it.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiwijello View Post
    You are one of THOSE people. Ugh. Carry on. Forget I engaged...
    Yes, I am one of those people where context behind something matters. I'm sorry if that's not what you want out of a conversation and you expected Twitter-like sub-300-character sound bites.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kauko View Post
    Why so many people have a problem with LFR? Its not like they are forced to do it...
    despite the fact that the last time I LFR'd there was countless wipes and I probably quit never to come back -- some people think it's too easy and that people don't deserve gear for what they see as 'that level of difficulty'.

Since it's the only way I raid now I would play a lot less if at all if they removed it. I have done all the bosses in the latest raid, including Sylvanas and I have to say LFR is actually too hard now. I died before all but 2 of the bosses did. If I'm still alive when the boss goes down, it's a major achievement lately.
    Desktop ------------------------------- Laptop- Asus ROG Zephyrus G14
    AMD Ryzen 5 5600X CPU ---------------AMD Ryzen 9 6900HS with Radeon 680M graphics
    AMD RX 6600XT GPU -------------------AMD Radeon RX 6800S discrete graphics
    16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM ----------------16 GB DDR5-4800 RAM
    1 TB WD Black SN770 NVMe SSD ------1 TB WD Black SN850 NVMe SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Elias1337 View Post
    Becouse it does. LFR have big impact on players enjoment of content, it has giant impact on power inflation what creates unbalances between classes and need of seasonal gameplay. It removes desire specialy for new players play beyond LFR as most people after LFR consider game being beaten and rather quit than do same content all over again. It ruins community aspect, social structure. Removes need for guild, promotoes toxic behaviour and incitiave solo over group play in mmo game.

Do you want me to continue with more cons of LFR exitence?
    Nope for all.
    LFR users are mostly the players who do not even do normal raids, not mention about heroic raids.
    Unbalance isnt because of LFR (lol!). It has been long before LFR actually (classic says hi here), and in modern wow its mostly because of complex borrowing powers (corruptions says hi, soulbinds/conduits says hi, a hella lot of legendaries says hi). Removing LFR do nothing here.

As for community/guilds/etc - ok, remove LFR. Peeps will do normal via LFG instead. Almost the same sh*t. You do not need a guild even to do mythic progress for now.

As for toxic - toxicity was born from competitive rated/pvp content, so if you want to remove toxic players - removing all competitive content will do thing much better than removing LFR.

Yes.

I don't like social interactions at all but I don't see a problem with joining a group for normal on a Saturday or Sunday evening. My last LFR was somewhere around WoD.

I sort of already quit but I'll go at this from the hypothetical situation that I am otherwise happy with the game:

I hardly ever use(d) LFR, so its removal wouldn't really affect me much, but I do think it should stay. It really harms nobody other than the ego of people who still can't handle its existence. Other than that, it's a good source of more armor and weapon colors, I guess?

I'd play this mmo if had the rpg part of mmorpg AGAIN.

Pretty sure our raid team is on the verge of crumbling, and with New World, and Valheim i really don't care if it does, kinda hoping it does now tbh, we've lost too many players to ffxiv to continue for CE team, i've dropped my sub, i go 6 and have 4 left so unless blizz brings back the rpg and stops with the esport bs and becomes a real mmorpg again, i'll be in New World and Valheim, probably going to boost up my housing credits in SWG:Legends to about 6 months then give that a rest for a bit as well.

New World is a mmoRPG WORLD!!!!!!!!!!, Valheim is the surprise hit of the decade, so yeah, kinda busy atm and love it.
    looking out of my lonely room day after day