Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    Amazing that they're trying to gather player feedback via survey when one glance at forums and youtube would tell them all they need to know.
    It doesn't though, it tells them what the most influential members of the community / most vocal want. This is not the same as a majority. This survey should be going out to EVERYONE that has played in the last year or two. rate 1-5, easy data to compile. Written examples and demands aren't nearly as helpful as a couple million people rating something 1-5. Give a pet or a mount as reward for completing the survey, and do them a couple times a year.

Realistically my only want right now is to make dom sockets more accessible and bonus' to work in M+. I've always thought it should be currency based, and you can go to the runeforger and put a dom socket on any item from the 5 slots, so when I pull a 252 chest out the vault I could damn well use it. This suggestion is a good one, but it's still not as helpful buried in this thread than a million people telling them in a cleanly compiled survey that the entire domination socket system is fucking shit - Because until that data point is there, they aren't going to actively investigate suggestions and players wants.
    Last edited by thunterman; 2021-09-28 at 12:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    Because there's no reason to do so?

Almost 100 pages in my country language.
    Pretty sure 95% of people here wouldn't get it.

Anyway, I thought it was something universal, because I was getting these surveys almost always as the others.
    Screen shot the first page as is. Some of us can probably translate the language. I mean, you speak at least two languages, no?

Sounds like excuses to me. Pretty sure 95% of the people did NOT get it.

If this is real, why is Blizz asking the current pool of players and not the players that already left in order to get them back? Makes no sense to make changes based on who stayed anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    Sure there is, the people you share the information with wanna see the actual questions.

And that's what google translate is for.
    Yeah, not going to screenshot 100 pages.
    As I wrote above - I thought it's universal and was just curious if everyone is getting the survey or just a few.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwijello View Post
    Sounds like excuses to me.
    Excuse because I don't want to waste my own time screenshoting and translating the questions from almost 100 page survey?

Makes no sense to make changes based on who stayed anyway.
    Well, it actually does. They just want to keep them, instead of making up new content that people are not enojying.

Screen shot the first page as is.
    EDIT: I can actually check the survey.
    Gimme a sec.

After choosing the answers you are getting an example from Blizzard and other game companies, for example: If you chose MOBA you get "Did you play League of Legends?"
    Yes, in the last 30 days. Yes, but not in the last 30 days. I know about that game. No, I didn't hear about it.
    And on the next page you can choose the answer for the Heroes of the Storm.

Each page is ~1%, so yeah. Really not going to post every one of them.
    Last edited by Eazy; 2021-09-28 at 12:26 PM.

Amazing that they're trying to gather player feedback via survey when one glance at forums and youtube would tell them all they need to know.
    No, forums and youtube is a very self selected community.
    The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

7+ Year Old Account

Who says you need to do that?
    Just a few pages would've been more than enough.

Formerly known as Arafal

As I wrote above - I thought it's universal and was just curious if everyone is getting the survey or just a few.

Excuse because I don't want to waste my own time screenshoting and translating the questions?

Well, it actually does. They just want to keep them, instead of making up new content that people are not enojying.

EDIT: I can actually check the survey.
    Gimme a sec. Though it's just "what country are you from?".

After choosing the answers you are getting an example from Blizzard and other game companies, for example: If you chose MOBA you get "Did you play League of Legends?"
    Yes, in the last 30 days. Yes, but not in the last 30 days. I know about that game. No, I didn't gear about it.
    And on the next page you can choose the same question about Heroes of the Storm.

Each page is 1%, so yeah. Really not going to post every one of them.
    That looks an awful lot like English :P

That looks an awful lot like English :P
    Translated it with the google chrome.

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    Who says you need to do that?
    Just a few pages would've been more than enough.
    Did that above.

not sure if the survey is just a marketing tool to make them look listening.

or if they really take the data serious, even when its against their visions or (translation of the word „visions“) leads to a game they can not sell shit as gold, using cheap shit and smart cash grab systems to make the most profit with the least investment.

wondering what they will do, if the survey really tells them „most ppl want a wow game, where you have to invest a lot of effort and money, to build that wow game“. means: real content (expensive) instead of „systems“. do they really invest a lot of effort and money then?

not sure… in both directions.

edit: but all in all imo its a good thing. better they have the data and ignore it, than not even asking at all. imo.
    Last edited by Niwes; 2021-09-28 at 12:51 PM.

I am from EU as well and i have never ever received a single survey, i would surely love to share my thoughts.

Problem with that is that forums reflect people with a certain degree of investment. Random survey gives you the opinions of everyone, especially the supposed silent majority (if they can be arsed to answer the survey which is probably the biggest flaw in the method).
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Alithia View Post
    Not even pet battle sites or youtubers are doing anything about it. I am trying to find the best 10 SL pets but nobody has an answer .. or interest.
    Check this site out maybe it will help you https://www.wow-petguide.com/

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Having received nothing, I've always just used the "submit suggestion" next to the bug-report tool ingame. It's been quite a few submissions over the years and it's always very rewarding to see feedback become reality. ...even if you sometimes have to be patient to see your ideas acted out.
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

why wade through chest high lakes of shit when you can pinpoint a select group of individuals and ask them questions you actually want answers to?

Quote Originally Posted by Zka View Post
    I never got any Blizz survey in 15 years. They are retarded for not sending these out to pretty much everyone who is / recently was subbed.
    If they have "open-ended" questions (like "why do you prefer this or that"), it means they need someone to read and sum them up. That's obviously not possible if they have several million answers.

Why ask everyone when you can just ask the people you think will give you the answers you want?
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    If it isn't explicitly stated to not share the survey, could you take some screenshots?
    I received it, and it's NDA'd.

--

Here's the invitation email you'll receive

Last edited by oldgeezer; 2021-09-29 at 12:49 PM.